PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Night in DC

ShoogarBear
11-30-2008, 02:26 AM
For a change of pace, I go to 1-2 hockey games a year. I'm not a big fan, but the tickets are usually free and it's definitely way more entertaining in person than on TV. Plus the last couple of years I get to see Ovechkin, aka Hockey LeBron.

Last Wednesday I went to the Caps-Thrashers game. Ovechkin scored 2 goals in the first period, and then his third less than a minute into the second. Of course, I knew what a hat trick was, but had never seen one in person and it had slipped my mind that mofos actually toss their chapeaus onto the ice until I actually saw it happen. So that was cool. Although it was probably cooler back in the day when all the hats weren't just baseball caps.

(The NBA should do something like that. When somebody gets a triple-double, bras must come off. Also, they need to create a hardwood Zamboni.)

Ovechkin is amazing. Even if you know nothing about hockey, you can see he's playing a different game than the mortals. When the puck gets to his stick, you know its going on goal. But he is one ugly dude, even by hockey standards.

Only a couple of scuffles. The last time I went to a Caps-Thrashers game, this happened:

ak1DIzvD3eE

Admittedly, that did seem to take some sting out of the loss, but if that ever happened at an NBA game, there would be congressional calls for mass executions.

They play a song at the Verizon Center, "At the Ole Hockey Game" or some shit, which is the lamest thing I ever heard, but the crowd seems to like it. I assume they play it other places as well.

lefty
11-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Glad you enjoyed your game :tu

I went to the Bell Center to attend the Montreal Canadiens - Ottawa Senators game.

I was seating front row, right behind the glass; Habs forward Chris Higgins had his first career hat-trick; a few hats were thrown in, but not a lot.

French Canadians are CRAZY for their hockey team, but not to the point where they will get rid of their 30-40$ hat because a millionaire scored 3 goals.

Someone threw a can of beer too (real story)

T Park
12-05-2008, 08:53 PM
I think they've made illegal throwing items on the ice which is retarded it's a tradition to throw shit on the ice