PDA

View Full Version : Better Team Without Tony Parker?

chasky
11-30-2008, 01:24 PM
In the offseason i say HELL NO!!, but the numbers make doubt:

2-5 with Tony in the games:

L in Home with Phoenix.
L in Road with Portland.
L in Home with Dallas.
W in Road with Minnesosta.
L in Home with Miami. (when he injury loss by 20)
W in Home with Memphis.
L in Road with Houston.

Logic Record 4-3 Spurs.

7-2 Sin Parker:

W in Home with Knicks.
L in Road with Milwaukee.
W in Home with Houston.
W in Road with Sacramento.
W in Road with LA Clipperes.
L in Home with Denver.
W in Home with Utah (Without Deron and Carlos).
W in Road with Memphis.
W in Home with Chicago.

Logic Record 6-3 Spurs.

Looking the record i have to say: the spurs are better team without Tony Parker, but i hope that this trend will not continue, and the spurs play better with Tony on the Floor.

xtremesteven33
11-30-2008, 01:41 PM
looks to me the majority teams we lost with parker were good teams while the teams we won without parker were not.....

tp2021
11-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Didn't we already let one of these threads die? STFU chasky!

kace
11-30-2008, 02:02 PM
manu's groupies are so pathetic :rolleyes

gospursgojas
11-30-2008, 02:03 PM
In the offseason i say HELL NO!!, but the numbers make doubt:

2-5 with Tony in the games:

L in Home with Phoenix.
L in Road with Portland.
L in Home with Dallas.
W in Road with Minnesosta.
L in Home with Miami. (when he injury loss by 20)
W in Home with Memphis.
L in Road with Houston.

Logic Record 4-3 Spurs.

7-2 Sin Parker:

W in Home with Knicks.
L in Road with Milwaukee.
W in Home with Houston.
W in Road with Sacramento.
W in Road with LA Clipperes.
L in Home with Denver.
W in Home with Utah (Without Deron and Carlos).
W in Road with Memphis.
W in Home with Chicago.

Logic Record 6-3 Spurs.

Looking the record i have to say: the spurs are better team without Tony Parker, but i hope that this trend will not continue, and the spurs play better with Tony on the Floor.

Looking the record i have to say: the spurs are better team when they play bad teams, but i hope that this trend will not continue, and the spurs play better with bad teams on the floor

sonic21
11-30-2008, 02:17 PM
jose, is that you?

Bruno
11-30-2008, 02:24 PM
some of manu's groupies are so pathetic :rolleyes

fixed :)

ducks
11-30-2008, 02:26 PM
most of the games tp was out manu was to

the spurs were minus 2 of their big three

also when tp played manu was out

ducks
11-30-2008, 02:26 PM
so are the spurs better without tp and manu?

jack sommerset
11-30-2008, 02:28 PM
it has always been about timmmmmmay not mangoo or parker

ducks
11-30-2008, 02:29 PM
it has always been about timmmmmmay not mangoo or parker

so spurs are better without tp and manu?

Kori Ellis
11-30-2008, 02:39 PM
These threads are BEYOND freakin stupid. And starting a new one each day to say the same thing just to give the vultures an opportunity to trash Parker is really dumb.

To start the season, the Spurs weren't playing good D at all. Thus, the series of losses.

When Manu and Tony were out the Spurs HAD to play good D to win, because they weren't getting enough offense. The guys on the floor knew they were getting minutes and the rotations were pretty set. They were able to get into a rhythm offensively and defensively.

Since Manu and Tony came back, the Spurs are now playing a 12-man rotation with helter skelter substitution patterns and no one has an opportunity to get into any kind of rhythm or develop any cohesiveness.

Last night, the Spurs were +4 with Parker on the floor and they lost by 19. So I guess they were actually a better team WITH Parker, right? The only other person in the plus column was Bowen at +1.

jack sommerset
11-30-2008, 02:40 PM
so spurs are better without tp and manu?

yup

kace
11-30-2008, 02:50 PM
fixed :)

when i use "manu's groupies", it's for those stupid manu's fans who think they have to bash TP in any occasion to make manu looks better. i know that a lot of manu's fans are spurs and tp fans too. i don't call them groupies.

kace
11-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Last night, the Spurs were +4 with Parker on the floor and they lost by 19. So I guess they were actually a better team WITH Parker, right? The only other person in the plus column was Bowen at +1.

OUCH !!! this one should hurt for the OP :lol

EDIT: and in all the games where TP played his minutes, (so without miami where he injured and memphis where he was back), he's + 24 compared to Duncan in the +/- stat. Are the spurs so much better without Tim too ????

chasky
11-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Tony is a terrifc player, but is really individualist, he is a Shoting Guard whit the ball in his hands, sometimes that do that your teamates don't play at all his potencial, like the French National team.

ducks
11-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Tony is a terrifc player, but is really individualist, he is a Shoting Guard whit the ball in his hands, sometimes that do that your teamates don't play at all his potencial, like the French National team.

dude should have had 12 assist last night had 7

Biernutz
11-30-2008, 07:10 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/killthisthread.jpg

T Park
11-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Spursreport take back your village idiots for fucks sake

sonic21
11-30-2008, 07:36 PM

watch some spurs game, you will see that Tony has less the ball in his hands than guys like cp3, deron ...

Bender
11-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Since Manu and Tony came back, the Spurs are now playing a 12-man rotation with helter skelter substitution patterns and no one has an opportunity to get into any kind of rhythm or develop any cohesiveness.
I don't really enjoy these games where 'everybody' plays

T Park
11-30-2008, 07:48 PM

Yeah having a good deep team sucks.

sonic21
11-30-2008, 07:53 PM

dantoni fan?

roGerM
11-30-2008, 11:32 PM
I always read since long ago but I've never posted.
We all have our favorite players.
I really like Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, but I don't like Tony Parker.
That's my choice as a Spurs fan.
I hate when Tony Parker waste 20 seconds dribbling...and dribbling...and dribbling looking at the rim and trying to find a path to the hoop and then he just get rid of the ball with 4 sec of possession remaining to somebody that is not even open for make a shot. He makes that very often, maybe 3 or 4 times per game.
I don't see that in any other PG of the league.
It is true that I also don't see his speed in any other PG in the NBA.
But even if he has 3 rings 1 finals MVP 2 all star and one hot wife, until he stop those awful and long possessions I will think the same, because is bad for his teammates and is bad for the NBA audience.
In the meantime I'll keep enjoining watching the rest of the team (if TP allows me):ihit

TDMVPDPOY
12-01-2008, 01:21 AM
parkers finals mvp is tainted....fuckn boobie gibson a fukn 1st year rookie was gaurding him in that series who was exposed after have a few good series in teh east.

Spurtacus
12-01-2008, 01:53 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/killthisthread.jpg

SpurSupremacist
12-01-2008, 02:30 AM
Manu or Parker for a young big with potential ie Aldridge. Get it done, R.C., for once in your life.

xtremesteven33
12-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Parker and Manu are in the prime of thier careers...why would any sane spurs fan even think about trading them away.

We need a big defensive guy this year.

Mourning and Mutombo are still available.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-01-2008, 02:35 AM
Parker and Manu are in the prime of thier careers...why would any sane spurs fan even think about trading them away.

We need a big defensive guy this year.

Mourning and Mutombo are still available.

Nice to hear the voice of reason around here. I'd like to see what Mahinmi gives the team before signing a veteran though. Never know, he could be the answer (just like Mason and Hill have been).

Spurs Brazil
12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
M.Stein think we should trade Manu and Tony

8 (11) Spurs 9-7 So let me get this straight: San Antonio is a mere 2-5 when Parker is healthy, 1-1 when Parker, Ginobili and Duncan all play ... and 6-2 when Timmy is on his own because neither Parker nor Ginobili is available? Huh?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2009&week=5

:stirpot:

:lol

baseline bum
12-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I can't think of another star player as hated by his own fans. The disrespect for Tony Parker here is ridiculous, and it's not coming just from the church of Manu morons either. Without TP this team gets beat by Phoenix every single year in the playoffs.

Vito Corleone
12-01-2008, 02:39 PM
No one hates parker, I love the guy. But Tony is expendable as is Manu. The only guy who is not expendable is Duncan.

If we can get a all-star caliber player to strengthen our weakest part for a guy who is not going to be missed all that much because of the level of talent backing him up then you have to make the move. Even Parker would probably agree with this statement.

No one is saying move Parker for chicken feed and a roll of mentos, we expect to get equal quality in return.

I would move him for a Chris Bosh or LaMarcus Aldridge, but I would not move him for a Vince Carter. We are giving away a youthful playmaker with MVP ability we expect the same in return.

Cry Havoc
12-01-2008, 02:44 PM
No one hates parker, I love the guy. But Tony is expendable as is Manu. The only guy who is not expendable is Duncan.

If we can get a all-star caliber player to strengthen our weakest part for a guy who is not going to be missed all that much because of the level of talent backing him up then you have to make the move. Even Parker would probably agree with this statement.

No one is saying move Parker for chicken feed and a roll of mentos, we expect to get equal quality in return.

I would move him for a Chris Bosh or LaMarcus Aldridge, but I would not move him for a Vince Carter. We are giving away a youthful playmaker with MVP ability we expect the same in return.

Yeah, I mean who would miss 55 points, 10 assists, and 7 rebounds? :downspin:

kace
12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I can't think of another star player as hated by his own fans. The disrespect for Tony Parker here is ridiculous, and it's not coming just from the church of Manu morons either. Without TP this team gets beat by Phoenix every single year in the playoffs.

you can see this hate everytime. when he plays well even more than when he plays bad. I would like to know where it comes from (nationality ? wife ?) because i really don't see it coming from his attitude or his game.

When he comes in, our offense is way more efficient and even way more fluid. He's having really great passing games lately and it will continue since he's now surrounded with more good offensive players so the "selfish" thing is just false and stupid. not to talk that everything that any spurs player does on the court is asked and authorised by Pop.
When you see manu or tim playing, they're great, without a doubt, but you can't say their offensive game put some flow or fluidity into the team. They play alone, in the post or from the perimeter, as much or even more than TP.

I know that most of this hate comes from some manu's blind groupies, but it seems to be more than that. Unfortunately.

Charles Sappa
12-01-2008, 04:18 PM
NO DEFINITELY...

I Argie like Chasky

kace
12-01-2008, 04:22 PM

what do you know about the french national team ??? this post makes you look stupid and unaware of basketball things.

Last games with France, everyone loved to see the ball in TP's hands. Not because he's TP, but because he was the only one able to do things with it. Unfortunately.
He played out of his mind when his teamates sucked badly. and when he was on the bench, it was so painful to watch....

don't say bullshit when you don't know what you're talking about please.

sonic21
12-01-2008, 04:35 PM
TP was the best spurs in the play-off last year, but he gets no recognition,
without him N.O. win game 7 with tim and manu choking in the 4th qtr (ps i love them).
Like Baseline said, i've never seen so ungrateful fans hatin on one of their best player.

spursfan09
12-01-2008, 05:19 PM
TP was the best spurs in the play-off last year, but he gets no recognition,
without him N.O. win game 7 with tim and manu choking in the 4th qtr (ps i love them).
Like Baseline said, i've never seen so ungrateful fans hatin on one of their best player.

no shit!

Tony Parker when your contract is up, you need to bail to a team where the fans are actually going to be glad you are on thier team. Some Spur fans are too dumb to realize what they have in you.

Tully365
12-01-2008, 05:45 PM
No one hates parker, I love the guy. But Tony is expendable as is Manu.

There's a chance the Spurs could land Bosh or Dirk in free agency while still keeping Parker, who is the youngest of the big 3. Why trade one for the other when there's decent chance of having them both?

duncan228
12-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Opponents Respect Parker (http://www.nba.com/spurs/timeout/20secondto.html)
by Bill Schoening

Houston Rockets' veteran point guard Rafer Alston contemplated the question for a split second, and then shook his head. I asked him the best way to defend Spurs point guard Tony Parker, who had just returned to the active roster one night earlier.

Alston responded, "Man, it's tough, you just have to keep him from penetrating so much. If he keeps driving and getting into the lane, it puts way too much pressure on our defense. We want him to take jump shots and contested two point shots. We have to try to take away his strength, and that is his ability to drive and create and get to the free throw line. You hope to turn him into a jump shooter, but with Tony, you live with the hope factor."

Those are strong words of praise from a New York playground legend who says he has been guarding top notch point guards since he was a kid in Queens.

After missing nine games with a sprained ankle, Parker is working his way back into more minutes. After coming off the bench in the Memphis game on Friday, he was back in the starting lineup on Saturday at Houston, where he hopes to stay for the remainder of the season, putting pressure on opposing defenses.

The Franchise
12-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes! Damn that bum and his suspect game. The Spurs should just promote George Hill and cut their losses. As a matter of fact my team will do you guys a favor. We will give you Rafer Alston and Luther Head for the bum. You can't beat that.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-01-2008, 06:31 PM
http://www.gearsandwidgets.com/external/wherethisthreadgoing.jpg

mystargtr34
12-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Manu or Parker for a young big with potential ie Aldridge. Get it done, R.C., for once in your life.

Parker >>> Aldridge
Manu >>> Aldridge

The only reason you would trade Manu for him is the age factor.

Both are superior to Aldridge.

Vito Corleone
12-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Yeah, I mean who would miss 55 points, 10 assists, and 7 rebounds? :downspin:

A big man that can give you 20 pts 10 rebs and 3 blks a game is more valuable than Parkers 55pt explosion. That was a one time thing and likely won't happen again this season. Also keep in mind it was against the t-pups.

There's a chance the Spurs could land Bosh or Dirk in free agency while still keeping Parker, who is the youngest of the big 3. Why trade one for the other when there's decent chance of having them both?

Chance yes but not for this season, I would do it for this season and let the chips fall where they may. Bosh and Tim together would be the best low post tandem in the NBA.

Parker >>> Aldridge
Manu >>> Aldridge

No Aldridge is a very effective low post player who has about 12 years left in his career. He is averaging 15.8 pts a game, and is shootin about 45% from the field not bad considering he plays away from the basket much like Rasheed Wallace.

Fact is this team is getting creamed on the boards and if they don't address this they will not go anywhere in the post season other than home in the 2nd round.

Obstructed_View
12-02-2008, 05:25 AM
No Aldridge is a very effective low post player who has about 12 years left in his career. He is averaging 15.8 pts a game, and is shootin about 45% from the field not bad considering he plays away from the basket much like Rasheed Wallace.

m33p0
12-02-2008, 06:34 AM
well, i don't know but this forum will certainly be better WITHOUT YOU!

Brazil
12-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Let this thread die

roGerM
12-03-2008, 12:48 AM
7-2 2-6
:bang

SpurSupremacist
12-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Parker >>> Aldridge
Manu >>> Aldridge

I agree they are both better players than Aldridge, presently. But you're giving them way too much credit and Aldridge not enough. Plus, Spurs need length more than anything else. Outside of Tim nobody on this team is long. Aldridge is long and athletic, and he can hit a jumper from 18 feet consistently. Solid rebounder at around 7 a game and can intimidate shots with his length. He's only going to get better. This is a top 5 pick we're talking about, if you can land him for an aging Manu, you pull the trigger on that deal.

2centsworth
12-03-2008, 01:38 AM

so true that Tony owns Phoenix. Anyways, people make too much out of the regular season. This is a new team and hopefully by the rodeo they jell.

KL2
01-15-2015, 02:41 AM
Smh it was true even in 08

Darius Bieber
01-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Lol at people saying Aldridge is better than Parker. I would trade Parker in a heartbeat for him.

hater
01-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Lol at people saying Aldridge is better than Parker. I would trade Parker in a heartbeat for him.

sure

I would also trade Duncan and/or Manu for Aldridge

what's your point?

Diego20
01-15-2015, 04:02 PM

Time to change your avatar picture, isn't it?

lefty
01-15-2015, 07:49 PM
Smh it was true even in 08

weeks
01-15-2015, 09:30 PM
Man can you imagine the big three all in their prime playing together? This team would have been unstoppable

lefty
01-15-2015, 09:42 PM
Let this thread die
its alive and well

apalisoc_9
01-15-2015, 10:24 PM
its alive and well