PDA

View Full Version : we got to sign Stephon Marbury folks

45 bank shot
11-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Don't get pissed rite away..
look we can first sign him n see how he does in our system. If he fits in well, we can keep him n we can trade one of our guards+ KT+ Vaughn for a good big. If he fails, we can trade Starbury+KT+ Vaughn for a big.

SenorSpur
11-30-2008, 03:29 PM
WTF! The Spurs already have the deepest backcourt in team history and one with the highest combined scoring average of any backcourt quartet in the league (66ppg) and people are still clamoring for Marbury? Amazing.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Marbury is going to go to the team that pays him the most for the longest period of time. He's a guy who thinks that once he signs the contract that he doesn't have to actually play for it, and it looks like the NBAPA is going to agree with him.

exstatic
11-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Kill yourself.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-30-2008, 03:54 PM
I understood these threads when the Spurs were already struggling and then Parker went down. After it became clear that Hill and Mason were the real deal I figured I'd seen the last of them. I certainly didn't think I'd see another one once Tony and Manu came back. This is a ridiculous idea even if you completely ignore the fact that there is still no progress towards the Knicks waiving or buying him out.

Allanon
11-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Earlier in the season, I thought Starbury would work for the Spurs. But with the emergence of Hill and Mason and the return of Parker, I think the Spurs have the backcourt wrapped up.

The frontcourt could really use some help though, too bad Starbury's not 6'10.

The only disgruntled 6'10 guy I know right now is Amaré. Matrix might not be too bad except for the fact he wants $17 million.

timvp
11-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Pass.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2008, 04:01 PM
look we can first sign him n see how he does in our system. If he fits in well, we can keep him n we can trade one of our guards+ KT+ Vaughn for a good big. If he fails, we can trade Starbury+KT+ Vaughn for a big.

Could you be more fucking stupid? The Spurs don't have any more minutes for guards "in our system". There's no way he can fit in well, and if he fails, it's going to be spectacular and nobody's going to want to trade for him. Use your head. Are you even a Spurs fan suggesting something so retarded? :bang

You said don't get pissed right away. Was 23 minutes long enough to wait?

45 bank shot
11-30-2008, 04:14 PM
do u understand that we could use him as a bargain?

SenorSpur
11-30-2008, 04:27 PM

Do you understand there are not enough minutes to go around?
Do you understand that Marbury if a fucking cancer?
Do you understand that the Spurs absolutely have 0 interest in him?

galvatron3000
11-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I was all for it earlier but he doesn't address a need now, we are set in the backcourt for atleast 2-3 years, frontcourt help is in order now.

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-30-2008, 04:32 PM

Well, you're being predictably crucified for this thread, but... I think you have a very good point.

Bottom line: There's really nothing to lose by signing him, if we get the chance.

Presumably, if Marbury comes available, it will happen much sooner rather than later. If he doesn't fit, it costs us nothing. It's not like adding a guy late in the season and risking a disruption of the chemistry heading into the playoffs.

By adding Marbury, if he proves to the league that he still has value, then we go from being a very deep team in the backcourt, to being OVERSTOCKED in the backcourt, which gives us trade material to fill any other need we may have later in the season.

Again, much later in the season - closer to the playoffs - there would be good reason not to go there. But right now? Sure... sign him. Why the hell not?

Borosai
11-30-2008, 04:33 PM
No.

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Having said what I said in my last post... I should add that there is very little chance that it will happen. With all the backcourt weapons already in a silver/black uni, I just don't think they'll play around with Marbury.

Doug Collins
11-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Who is this Marbury character? I don't think I've ever heard his name before in any other threads...

lefty
11-30-2008, 04:45 PM
No

baseline bum
11-30-2008, 04:48 PM
I only wanted Marbury when Parker and Ginobili were both out. Now that they're both back, there's no way in hell I want him. The Spurs have no need for an extra warm body at G anymore.

45 bank shot
11-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Kent_in_Atlantathanx 4 understanding. I know itz pretty tough for this whole to work because there are just two many unexpectancy.
well just want to hope for the best for spurs

Obstructed_View
11-30-2008, 05:10 PM

How? The Spurs have four guys that all need minutes, and can contribute on both ends of the floor at the guard position. And if Marbury comes to San Antonio, he's taking less money to try for a title. What are you going to do, turn around and trade him? That's shitty to do, even to him. It's just dumb. It's so dumb I don't believe you actually think it's a good idea unless you're a fan of another team and hope that you can convince the fanbase to pressure the front office. If that's the case, it seems like you'd come in here with a better argument, because far better cases made two weeks ago with Parker and Manu out didn't sway anyone.

ShoogarBear
11-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Pass.

Yes, that's what we'd be yelling at him.

cherylsteele
11-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Do you know what a bargain really is??
It is getting something you need at a really good price.

Thew Spurs don't need Marbury.
You would have to pay way too much for him.

He is not a bargain.

bostonguy
11-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Marbury is going to come to the Celts I bet. I bet the big cricket gives him a call once the Knicks cut him. :depressed:depressed

lefty
11-30-2008, 05:44 PM

:rollin

dbestpro
11-30-2008, 06:09 PM
I think it is a great idea to sign Marbury as soon as he grows another 9 inches.

Spurs Brazil
11-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Hill is doing great

pass

Spurs Brazil
11-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Walsh Hoping To End Marbury 'Distraction' Monday

Donnie Walsh is hoping to put an end to the Stephon Marbury saga as soon as Monday, when the Knicks meet with the outcast guard to try to come to an agreement on a severance, the New York Post is reporting.

Walsh said he's "disappointed" in Marbury, called his situation a "distraction" and said he's aiming to reach a resolution when he meets with the embattled player and Players' Association attorney Hal Biagas tomorrow.

Asked if there would be finality tomorrow, Walsh said, "I can't predict that, but that's what I am hoping. That's what I'm going into the meeting for."

"It doesn't look good," Walsh added. "The situation has spiraled down. There'll be options out there. We've gone down a long road and have to direct ourselves to where we are. I think everyone came in with good intentions. It hasn't worked out. We have to acknowledge that."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55731/20081130/walsh_hoping_to_end_marbury_distraction_monday/

Obstructed_View
11-30-2008, 06:32 PM
I wonder if the players union will explain to Steph that his contract agrees to pay him money for performance going forward, not to owe him money for what he did before.

Cry Havoc
11-30-2008, 06:55 PM

:lmao

Brazil
11-30-2008, 07:21 PM
:bang:bang:bang after the better team without parker, the trade parker, the trade manu and the scola threads... a new fresh idea the sign Marbury threads :bang:bang

thOOdee
11-30-2008, 07:38 PM
now that we are healthy in the back court i say we should REALLY CONCENTRATE ON A BIG. but maybe get him, for trade value then get a guy like javale mcgee! or some ridiculous athletic 7 ft youth with potential..ala bynum. howard.

T Park
11-30-2008, 07:50 PM
I echo exstatic's "kill yourself"

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-30-2008, 07:52 PM

You clearly don't understand the NBA.

1. TP HIll Ginobili Mason is the best backcourt in the NBA.
2. Starbury isn't trade bait, he is virtually untradable.
3. The Spurs aren't big traders at the best of times, so why would they take a risk like this?
4. Wishful thinking does not equal common sense.
5. EPIC FAIL.

galvatron3000
11-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Marbury is going to come to the Celts I bet. I bet the big cricket gives him a call once the Knicks cut him. :depressed:depressed

Celtics, Magic, Mavs, Warriors

Biernutz
11-30-2008, 07:55 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/SMILEYS%20%20222/th15466.gif

toki9
11-30-2008, 09:12 PM
you guys think the Rockets would go after him if they can get him for cheap????
that could be scary.

Actually, i'd love to see that...

T-Mac, Marbury, Alston, and Artest all on the same team? With Battier, Scola, Yao and Barry? Talk about a schizophrenic team--head cases vs. choir boys...

Dalamar_the_Dark
12-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Marbury is a disease. Please shut down this thread. Thank you.

Spurtacus
12-01-2008, 01:23 AM
If Parker was done for the season...I would say yes to this. Put, with Parker, Hill, and even Mason, we are fine at PG.

Indazone
12-01-2008, 01:49 AM
The only teams that should consider Starbury are desparate 8th place or 9th place contender type teams that need to take a ridiculous chance to get better. Like..for instance

The Mavericks!

txallstar
12-01-2008, 02:06 AM
his personality and mentality are about as good as his shoes.....

if it was that easy any team in the league would do it or trade like crazy

wait a minute sorry stephon isnt working out, we're trading you tomorrow

TDMVPDPOY
12-01-2008, 03:31 AM
if i were the mavs? you pull this trade now

kidd+stack+diop to knicks for there garbage....

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-01-2008, 09:45 AM
his personality and mentality are about as good as his shoes.....

I got a pair of Starburys like six months ago, they aren't that bad. Most comfortable pair of sneakers I've ever had for $20. Hard to believe that such a great value was born of the man with the worst contract in the NBA.

Tully365
12-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I got a pair of Starburys like six months ago, they aren't that bad. Most comfortable pair of sneakers I've ever had for $20. Hard to believe that such a great value was born of the man with the worst contract in the NBA.

Marbury is such a walking collection of contradictions. When I read quotes from him about why he wants to make cheap sneakers for kids, or why he wants to play in Europe after his NBA career is finished, he actually impresses me with his insight. But then he can't get along with any coach or any teammate and he looks to be completely irrational and unreliable. I wish the guy luck, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Spurs' roster.

senorglory
12-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah, maybe the Knicks'll take Tim Duncan in a straight up trade!

rayray2k8
12-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I was one of the few that actually wanted Marbury to come play, but with the
way he's been acting lately and Hill's play, I think we can all agree that this guy
should be nowhere near San Antonio.

Allanon
12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
CBSSports reported that teams are calling up the Knicks about Marbury.

Among the teams in the report, two stood out: Boston Celtics, San Antonio Spurs

Spurs Brazil
12-01-2008, 02:36 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55749/20081201/marbury_lashes_out_at_teammates_dantoni/

Marbury Lashes Out At Teammates, D'Antoni

With his career in New York expected to be over, point guard Stephon Marbury lashed out at his teammates and coach Mike D'Antoni on Sunday.

"When things got bad and then worse, guys like Quentin Richardson say, 'I don't consider him a teammate. He let his teammates out to dry.' He didn't care I was his teammate when I was banished," Marbury said. "They left me out for dead. It's like we're in a foxhole and I'm facing the other way. If I got shot in the head, at least you want to get shot by the enemy. I got shot in the head by my own guys in my foxhole. And they didn't even give me an honorable death."

President Donnie Walsh, who is scheduled to meet with Marbury about a possible solution on Monday, suspended the point guard for Saturday's game against Golden State because the Knicks said he refused to play Wednesday night in a loss at Detroit.

"Mike had no intentions of me playing basketball here," Marbury added. "He gave me straight disrespect. It was beyond disrespect. He put in [Danilo] Gallinari, whose back is messed up and [who] didn't participate at all in training camp ahead of me [in the season opener]. ... That's saying, 'I'm letting you have it right now.' He was sticking it to me."

arodz
12-01-2008, 04:15 PM
I think it is a great idea to sign Marbury as soon as he grows another 9 inches.

And a pair of balls.

m33p0
12-01-2008, 09:17 PM
a few weeks ago this was a hot topic going the other way. :lol