PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about legal rights or Veteran rights?

mouse
12-01-2008, 09:59 AM
I was on the phone with a lady from the VA hospital here in San Antonio I told her my knees are in a lot of pain. It's been about 3 weeks and after taking over 12 bottles of extra strength pain pills and 5 tubes of icy hot my girlfriend said why not go to the VA hospital see if they will see you.

So I call them and some lady after 40 minutes on hold transfers me to some other desk where they find out if you qualify for VA treatment.

She told me I need to apply for a DD-214 (my discharge from the service papers) I told her that could take weeks does she have any advise on what I can do now I am in pain. She said it's not her fault I don't have those papers and I shouldn't wait until I am in pain to all of a sudden try to get help.

I told her is there anything I can do, like if I was having a stroke would I have to wait 8 weeks for paper work before a doctor will see me?

She said that's not her problem and when I asked if i could get her name she hung up on me. Very professional of her. At no time was I rude or raised my voice. I just wanted to know if I should maybe go to another clinic or any advise would do. Is that normal these days to get hung up on from a business? I have been out of the public so long I just figured that is how you all treat each other these days I guess. Is this normal behavior?

Anyone know about legal rights or Veteran rights?

I tried Google but sometimes it's better to hear from folks like yourselves. I now know why TPark asked about that downtown Chicago Hotel he was going to stay at. Google can't always give you that personal advise you need from the Club Posters! :toast

Thanks.

JudynTX
12-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Mouse, you have to re-enlist, then the government will take care of you. :)

CommanderMcBragg
12-01-2008, 10:27 AM
http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/eligibility/DetermineEligibility.asp

Check to see if you qualify first.

CommanderMcBragg
12-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Go here to get a copy of your DD-214 (http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/)

I don't even think they are accepting new enrollments right now but good luck.

romad_20
12-01-2008, 10:50 AM
I was on the phone with a lady from the VA hospital here in San Antonio I told her my knees are in a lot of pain. It's been about 3 weeks and after talking over 12 bottles of extra strength pain pills and 5 tubes of icy hot my girlfriend said why not go to the VA hospital see if they will see you.

So I call them and some lady after 40 minutes on hold transfers me to some other desk where they find out if you qualify for VA treatment.

She told me I need to apply for a DD-214 (my discharge from the service papers) I told her that could take weeks does she have any advise on what I can do now I am in pain. She said it's not her fault I don't have those papers and I shouldn't wait until I am in pain to all of a sudden try to get help.

I told her is there anything I can do, like if I was having a stroke would I have to wait 8 weeks for paper work before a doctor will see me?

She said that's not her problem and when I asked if i could get her name she hung up on me. Very professional of her. At no time was I rude or raised my voice. I just wanted to know if I should maybe go to another clinic or any advise would do. Is that normal these days to get hung up on from a business? I have been out of the public so long I just figured that is how you all treat each other these days I guess. Is this normal behavior?

Anyone know about legal rights or Veteran rights?

Thanks.

Rule number 1: VA workers suck ass. Get used to that. They are like city or state workers, they don't give a f$#%.

Do you not have you DD-214? Its the paper they give you when you get out. Should have your dates of enlistment on it and any medals you were awarded. You need it for basically any veteran benefit when you get out. If you don't have it you will need to get one. You can get one at the website above.

http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp

You can also apply for compensation through this website. I waited 6 years to apply for my knees and I'm still going through the process. For compensation fill out form VA 21-526. You will need all of your medical records documenting the injuries are service related. I would also suggest you go to a doctor on your own and get them checked out before filling out those forms.

Biggest thing is do not go at this alone. Please contact the Texas Veteran's Commission to help you before doing any of it. Texas Veteran's Commission (http://www.tvc.state.tx.us/) You will probably need to go in to talk to someone, because they rarely are able to help you over the phone.

mouse
12-01-2008, 03:18 PM
McBragg Nomad thank you for the info and links! I will keep you updated.

I really don't want any benefits I just wanted to see a doctor to make sure i don't have something serious before i go and buy another bottle of pills. I was homeless for awhile back in the 1990s and I lost everything I had in fire back in 1999.

I already applied for a DD-214 from some link I saw back in 2002 and I still have not seen anything. I even had a recruiter from the National Guard apply for it also two years back when I was going to go back in the service,still nothing.

My ankles and lower back have always had pain since the airborne days, but this knee pain is crippling. Sometimes I can't even get out of bed or walk the dog. If this pain keeps up i will never ever be able to get a real job and to stop living off T Park's taxes.

I am going to just walk in the VA around 3:30 today and see what they tell me. As far as that lady being rude I still don't want it to go unnoticed and i will find out who was at that desk at that time today so I can get a real good look at her in case i was to just go psycho one day and off everyone I want to make sure she makes the list.

AlamoSpursFan
12-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Don't get pissed. Re-Enlist!

mouse
12-01-2008, 03:35 PM
They cut off age is is to low. If they was to raise it to 45 I could go back.

I don't get it they have police and firemen that are 48 years old that can still work but the Army wants you young and gay. don't ask don't tell.

bendmz
12-01-2008, 06:15 PM
the fastest way to get your DD-214... go see your congress person. I did that and within a week I had my certified copy. but that was Hernry B.
Good Luck

AlamoSpursFan
12-01-2008, 06:29 PM
You're screwed, Mouse.

Sincerely,
Zero Rodriguez

mouse
12-02-2008, 12:09 AM
bendmz
SEMPER FI

Position: Rugged Forward
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $300

Default Re: Anyone know about legal rights or Veteran rights?
the fastest way to get your DD-214... go see your congress person. I did that and within a week I had my certified copy. but that was Hernry B.
Good Luck
bendmz is offline Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
bendmz
View Public Profile
Send a private message to bendmz
Send email to bendmz
Find More Posts by bendmz
Add bendmz to Your Buddy List
Old Today, 05:29 PM #10

Thanks for feedback, I see your avatar slogan shows your USMC, is that camp pendleton or camp lejeune? Why would anyone join the Marines you get your choices of two bases, and you only get to wear that blue uniform,(the reason why you joined) at wedding,funeral,or special occasions.

I was in San Diego back in 1978 my cousin left me on the beach he said he would be back in about 8 hours later it took him about a week, by that time I was living off the beach and the pot heads and homo sexual's it was a learning experience, and proved to be a real source of income.
Don't forget in the 70s there was no molestation , why do you think Elton John and Liberace never went though what Michal Jackson had to endure. After all even Rock Hudson was in bed with many young boys and it was ok?

Young, 17 years,mix in car after car of horny old rich 50 year old Movie producers, they all tell you your going to be in a Movie. (yea right!) The only movie I was in was Deep Impact! :lmao

anyway you get the point....

AlamoSpursFan
Eat More Chips

Position: Streaky Guard
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $500
AlamoSpursFan earned this Spur by being an original member of SpursTalk.com.

Default Re: Anyone know about legal rights or Veteran rights?
You're screwed, Mouse.

Sincerely,
Zero Rodriguez
AlamoSpursFan is offline Reply With

Dude I had a bad experience with Charles Gonzales, what forum should I post it at?

Slydragon
12-02-2008, 12:22 AM
You're screwed, Mouse.

Sincerely,
Zero Rodriguez

:lol

Wild Cobra
12-02-2008, 05:59 AM
Good Luck

I simply called MILPERS and had new DD-214's in the mail in about 3 days. This was November last year. I still have the envelope it was sent in, but not the phone number. Return address:

National Personal Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

The Final Countdown
12-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Any updates on this fucked up topic?

mouse
12-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I was there from 3:40 till around 9:20 when i got there some girl about 17 years old told me if I didn't have a dd-214 I can't be seen. Then I told her what If I was swimming and was having a stroke are you saying I would have to go home first and look inside my foot locker underneath my high school year book to find a thin piece of paper?

She said hold on I will be back. Then she went to a cubicle and i heard her talking to that lady that was rude to me. She came back with the same story. I looked at here like I was not about to go anywhere unless I talk to a doctor so she said would you like to speak to my supervisor?

I said yes and we went two doors down and I talk to a man named Mike. I told him my knees are killing me and I have no money and no DD214 he said no problem asked me my SS# and said go to station one. I told him is that it? he said yes and he also asked me who told me i needed a 214? I told him I forgot her name. I didn't want to see that girl get in trouble. Then the lady that was rude to me jumped in the office and told Mike don't worry i will show him where to go come sir!

All of a sudden shes nice? Anyway the nurse at station one said to go back to station 7 to get a picture ID, The lady at station seven said go to station six and get a form and fill it out. By this time my knees are about to give out.

I talked to a doctor who was a pilot in the air force and we traded stories of Military life.

Then I sat in the waiting room next to some old man that smelled like old piss and had a pillow case tied around his waste. He must of had every medal you can find at any War memorabilia trade show on his cap and a huge battle ship hanging off the front. he told me how he knew about the Russians that where going to Bomb pearl harbor but no one took him serious and how he could have saved the lives of millions.

Then some security guard came by and said "hey Mr. Joyner I told you twice today you have to wait outside this area is for military veterans only.

I could hear another man next to me saying how he has been there since 7 AM and he is about to shit his pants. It was very depressing and I almost said fuck it lets go grab a bag of weed and a hand full of Xannax from BigZax and call it a day but I stuck it out,more to come I have to walk the dog....................

bendmz
12-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks for feedback, I see your avatar slogan shows your USMC, is that camp pendleton or camp lejeune? Why would anyone join the Marines you get your choices of two bases, and you only get to wear that blue uniform,(the reason why you joined) at wedding,funeral,or special occasions.

I was in San Diego back in 1978 my cousin left me on the beach he said he would be back in about 8 hours later it took him about a week, by that time I was living off the beach and the pot heads and homo sexual's it was a learning experience, and proved to be a real source of income.
Don't forget in the 70s there was no molestation , why do you think Elton John and Liberace never went though what Michal Jackson had to endure. After all even Rock Hudson was in bed with many young boys and it was ok?

Young, 17 years,mix in car after car of horny old rich 50 year old Movie producers, they all tell you your going to be in a Movie. (yea right!) The only movie I was in was Deep Impact! :lmao

anyway you get the point....

Dude I had a bad experience with Charles Gonzales, what forum should I post it at?

my MOS 8404... started out at Great Lakes then went to Camp LeJune. Did my field med and spent about 6 months in Parris Island. Shipped out with the 2nd in late 69....

mouse
12-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Do you have any Tattoo's? I have yet to met a jar head who didn't get at least one USMC tat on him.

WARRIORNATION
12-04-2008, 04:54 AM
MOUSE:
Go to the Frank Tejada VA Clinic on Babcock Road and Eckert (Medical Center area).

The Texas Veterans (210-699-5076) are there to assist you for free. I'm assuming you live in San Antonio.

Go through the front door and there's an information desk there, ask them for the Texas Veterans. If I remember right they are located on the second floor. They will help you get your DD-214. It's a walk-in, no appointment deal. Good Luck Bro.

WARRIORNATION
12-04-2008, 05:02 AM
Never mind, i see u got what u needed.

mouse
12-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Never mind, i see u got what u needed.

But you didn't know that when you posted it so you still get props for helping! :tu

was you or someone you know in the service?

Man of Steel
12-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Mouse--call up Congressman Charlie Gonzalez' office. They can cut through more red tape with one telephone call than you can ever imagine.

Sorry to hear you're in pain--good luck, friend.

DannyT
12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
dude go see the cat in the wheel chair at the Frank Tejeda...he will get you taken care of...I need to find his name and number because I am getting the run around from the cats at VA right now

WARRIORNATION
12-04-2008, 07:30 PM
But you didn't know that when you posted it so you still get props for helping! :tu

was you or someone you know in the service?

My dad was a Marine, then crossed into the Army and 'Nam. I served 20 yrs, 3 month in AF. You served your country, now its time your country serves you!

PM5K
12-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Cock tease...

mouse
12-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Mouse--call up Congressman Charlie Gonzalez'

That POS is the last thing any Veteran whats to be associated with. Remember that Marine that lost his legs from San Antonio? he live in my apartments and i was telling the maintenance man how Charles (no show) Gonzales said he would visit my Father at the ICU unit of the a Kerrville VA Hospital, It's not the fact he wasted my time and my fathers time who died 3 days later, it was the fact that his sectary would always say Charlie is real busy right now he will email you back when she knew he would never do such a thing. I could of asked someone else like maybe John McCain or even a local like Jesse James Leja, or Chris Duel to visit my Father.

I remember when he was on the front page of the San Antonio Light newspaper after he was put in for the Medal of Honor his Father Henry B Gonzales was all over my day at every photo opportunity he could find. Hell I think he even followed my dad to the men's room.

Then after my dad didn't get the medal after his association with Fred Gomez Carrasco who happened to be a Drug lord Heroin dealer. you have to go rent American gangster it was the same era.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=lm&q=fred+gomez++carrasco&btnG=Search

some talk about in forums.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-antonio/27062-gone-but-not-forgotten-san-antonio-85.html

Anyway i have to reboot this notebook in order to install PowerISO wait till you hear what the maintenance man told me. Don't forget Chris Duel is close with Becky Westone aka ex Mrs Charles Gonzales. do the math!

Sorry to hear you're in pain--good luck, friend.

The hell with the good luck you have any pills?

:wakeup

mouse
12-05-2008, 02:52 AM
. You served your country, now its time your country serves you!

They do serve me everyday, it's call Country Buffet.
a place where you have to feed yourself there is no one but you, the waitress has left the building!

http://www.mollysburgers.net/images/CountryBuffet.JPG

A place I will have to find a job so that I can maybe afford real health care in country they call Canada.

Mijo
12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
They cut off age is is to low. If they was to raise it to 45 I could go back.

I don't get it they have police and firemen that are 48 years old that can still work but the Army wants you young and gay. don't ask don't tell. I'm not sure if all services do it but if my memory serves me correctly the Navy subtracts years active duty from your actual age. Dependent on how old you are and how many years you were active you may still be able to get back in.

Ricardo Romo
12-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Mouse is 48 minus 3 years active duty makes him 45 the cut off age is 43.