PDA

View Full Version : So now you can copy 360 games to your hard drive

BacktoBasics
12-01-2008, 10:06 AM
This is pretty good. Whats to stop me from buying a used game then copying it and returning it for another. Rinse and repeat.

How much space would a game take up on my hard drive?

This wouldn't limit online play would it?

Anyone done this yet? Found any bugs or glitches with copying a game?

Dr. Gonzo
12-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Using GameFly would probably be cheaper than buying used games and then returning them.

BacktoBasics
12-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I hear bad things about gamefly. Apparently they rarely have the games you want in.

sribb43
12-01-2008, 10:18 AM
In order to play the game off the hard drive, you must have the original game disc in the 360. THe only advantage of playing off the HD is that the 360 is much quiter and you dont have to listen to the disk spinning and sounding like an airplane taking off.

You really think Microsoft would be that dumb to let you rent games and copy them to your HD?

dougp
12-01-2008, 10:19 AM
In order to play the game off the hard drive, you must have the original game disc in the 360. THe only advantage of playing off the HD is that the 360 is much quiter and you dont have to listen to the disk spinning and sounding like an airplane taking off.

You really think Microsoft would be that dumb to let you rent games and copy them to your HD?

This and x1000000000000 for the bolded.

BacktoBasics
12-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Its Why I Fucking Asked!!!!!! I Can't Ask A Fucking Question Without A Condecending Answer. Fuck111

BacktoBasics
12-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Has anyone played any of the Lego games? They look pretty good. I hear they have a few Star Wars titles and a Batman one. I read a review of the Indiana Jones game and it seemed pretty fun.

or are they a waste of time.

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Has anyone played any of the Lego games? They look pretty good. I hear they have a few Star Wars titles and a Batman one. I read a review of the Indiana Jones game and it seemed pretty fun.

They are fun and pretty damn easy to play

DarkReign
12-01-2008, 10:26 AM

My wife loves the Indiana Jones one. She cant get into Batman and she detests Star Wars for no apparent reason.

But yeah, theyre fun.

BacktoBasics
12-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Awesome I'll pick a few up. I'm getting bored now that I've beat Gears 2.

BlackSwordsMan
12-01-2008, 10:30 AM

don't they fucking blow
all you press is X for everything

BlackSwordsMan
get dead rising

BlackSwordsMan
qft

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 10:45 AM
get dead rising

how about that new one Left for Dead

BlackSwordsMan
12-01-2008, 12:00 PM
it got boring fast

CuckingFunt
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM

They're easy, but really clever and fun. A nice break from more hard core titles.

Dr. Gonzo
12-01-2008, 12:30 PM
I hear bad things about gamefly. Apparently they rarely have the games you want in.

I used to have it and they always had the games I wanted. I haven't had it in a couple of years though.

mexicanjunior
12-01-2008, 03:10 PM

They were during the original X-box run...I haven't bought a game for my modded X-box in close to 6 years, the copy to HD process was easy as hell and did not require the disk to be in to play the games after they were copied. It's just a matter of time before the 360 is modded the same way, that's why I am holding off on buying one...

balli
12-01-2008, 03:26 PM
They were during the original X-box run...I haven't bought a game for my modded X-box in close to 6 years, the copy to HD process was easy as hell and did not require the disk to be in to play the games after they were copied. It's just a matter of time before the 360 is modded the same way, that's why I am holding off on buying one...

You might as well just buy one then. 360 mods are no good and never will be. In fact there's been firmware mods out for some time that don't even require a chip. With these you can play burned games or load emulators, but there's a big catch. The Live network. Live actively searches for and detects modded boxes and as soon as you attempt to connect one they will remotely red-ring it and void the warranty. No mod will ever get around this with any kind of long-term, or even short-term, assurance. Ever. Microsoft is really on the ball about keeping Live up to date to detect anything subversive and if you ever plan on connecting, it'll always be completely worthless to ever mod your 360. I understand that there are like 3rd party online networks for modded boxes, but I'm not looking to play cod 4 with 500 modded boxes vs. 20,000 boxes on the Live network.

The 360 doesn't even need to be modded though. I have my og xbox modded and it's great. Web Browser, NES and SNES emulators, hard drive access. But on 360 I have even cooler things like Netflix, arcade games and Live... and so what if I have to pay for them? It's worth it.

E20
12-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Buy a modded 360 with the function of turning of the mod so it can't be detected. /end thread

balli
12-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Buy a modded 360 with the function of turning of the mod so it can't be detected. /end thread

Yeah, probably worth doing, but you'd still have to buy the games you wanted to play online when the mod is off. Which these days, is a lot of damn games.

E20
12-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Yeah, probably worth doing, but you'd still have to buy the games you wanted to play online when the mod is off. Which these days, is a lot of damn games.

Yeah that is the only draw back. I would say gamefly or someother rental company that uses NetFlix's system, but I just read that gamefly sucks.

E20
12-01-2008, 04:00 PM
I actually do not see a major reason to mod a NextGen console because the bulk of the usage will come from the online capabilities, unless if you are not going to use the online features, in which case you are missing a whole lot from the system's worth.

mexicanjunior
12-01-2008, 04:23 PM
You might as well just buy one then. 360 mods are no good and never will be. In fact there's been firmware mods out for some time that don't even require a chip. With these you can play burned games or load emulators, but there's a big catch. The Live network. Live actively searches for and detects modded boxes and as soon as you attempt to connect one they will remotely red-ring it and void the warranty. No mod will ever get around this with any kind of long-term, or even short-term, assurance. Ever. Microsoft is really on the ball about keeping Live up to date to detect anything subversive and if you ever plan on connecting, it'll always be completely worthless to ever mod your 360. I understand that there are like 3rd party online networks for modded boxes, but I'm not looking to play cod 4 with 500 modded boxes vs. 20,000 boxes on the Live network.

The 360 doesn't even need to be modded though. I have my og xbox modded and it's great. Web Browser, NES and SNES emulators, hard drive access. But on 360 I have even cooler things like Netflix, arcade games and Live... and so what if I have to pay for them? It's worth it.

I'm in no hurry to buy a 360, I'll give it another year or so before settling on a non-modded one...just in case.

I also have the OG Xbox with MAME, NES, SNES and Sega emulators...love it! :toast