PDA

View Full Version : Official UFC 92 Fight Thread!!

Pages : [1] 2

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Last Card of the year might be the best one of the year..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/78/20081109233050%21Ultimate2008.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/Ultimate2008.jpg

Main card

Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans
Heavyweight Championship bout: Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva
Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio
Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Mustafa Al Turk

Preliminary card

Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister
Heavyweight bout: Antoni Hardonk vs. Mark Burch
Light Heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Reese Andy
Welterweight bout: Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan
Heavyweight bout: Dan Evensen vs. Pat Barry

desflood
12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
And only four weeks early :lol

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 12:45 PM
^^

Lots of great fights to talk about though, bigger cards should get the early treatment, no???

desflood
12-01-2008, 12:49 PM
It is an excellent card. And admittedly, Griffin/Evans alone is worth a week of debate.

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 12:53 PM
It is an excellent card. And admittedly, Griffin/Evans alone is worth a week of debate.

Forrest better win that fight, Evans is not big time. Guy threw a hail mary from heaven right hand that landed right on the button in the Chuck fight. Before that he looked awful against Bisping and Tito. Forrest is more well rounded, he should take this one..

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Cant wait for this fight!!!

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 01:15 PM

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
WEC this week, UFC fight night next week, then the Ultimate Finale and then this card. Going to be a sweet MMA month for us. Merry Xmas!!

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 01:26 PM

How do you see Evans winning? I think he's gotta Ko Forrest and Rampage didn't so..

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 01:31 PM
How do you see Evans winning? I think he's gotta Ko Forrest and Rampage didn't so..

KO. IMO I dont think Rampage got Forest with a clean knockout punch and its only a matter of time that he gets knocked out. I think Evans hits a little harder than Rampage too and even though forest has a tough chin, it wont be tough enough.

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 01:37 PM
KO. IMO I dont think Rampage got Forest with a clean knockout punch and its only a matter of time that he gets knocked out. I think Evans hits a little harder than Rampage too and even though forest has a tough chin, it wont be tough enough.

Interesting but i doubt it.. Lets not forget Forrest has looked damn good against 2 of the best 205 pd guys on the planet in his last 2 fights. Rashad lost rd 1 against Chuck and just landed a hail mary punch. He couldn't get Chuck down, he got outwrestled by Tito and we all know how Tito fared against Chuck in 2 fights.. Got a split decision against Bisping, who is now at 185. Forrest is more well rounded. I like his length, movement and tight ground game to win the fight for him. I see him winning a fairly easy decision. Evans will be chasing him looking for a bomb and i doubt it will be there.

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Interesting but i doubt it.. Lets not forget Forrest has looked damn good against 2 of the best 205 pd guys on the planet in his last 2 fights. Rashad lost rd 1 against Chuck and just landed a hail mary punch. He couldn't get Chuck down, he got outwrestled by Tito and we all know how Tito fared against Chuck in 2 fights.. Got a split decision against Bisping, who is now at 185. Forrest is more well rounded. I like his length, movement and tight ground game to win the fight for him. I see him winning a fairly easy decision. Evans will be chasing him looking for a bomb and i doubt it will be there.

Those guys that throw bombs are dangerous though. Dont get me wrong I like Forest and his work ethic and he has gotten better when he stopped going toe to toe with these guys but I see him getting KO'ed or TKO'ed.

desflood
12-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Hmm... Rashad has good wrestling, but Forrest has always had a good ground game that he just never utilizes. And Forrest trains with Randy of course, so he'll have some wrestling experience on top of his bjj. Griffin gets ground advantage.

Rashad has more power and better head movement, but Forrest's boxing has much improved and he definitely has reach. But he enjoys getting hit and making things "exciting" too much for his own good (although he has reined in that impulse better in his last couple of fights). Standing advantage - tie.

Others - Nobody has more heart or a bigger competitive edge than Forrest. NOBODY. But he fights emotionally. Rashad can be "boring" at times, but that proves him to be the more cautious, cerebral fighter. And don't let his laid-back attitude in the cage fool you; he wants that title. He thinks he's already earned it. Mental edge to Rashad.

All IMHO, of course.

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Those guys that throw bombs are dangerous though. Dont get me wrong I like Forest and his work ethic and he has gotten better when he stopped going toe to toe with these guys but I see him getting KO'ed or TKO'ed.

They are dangerous, but i don't believe Evans has the stand up to KO him. I don't know if you remember the Tito fight but Rashad was outstruck significantly by Tito in the first 2 rds of that fight. Bisping at times as well in their fight. Rampage is twice the striker that Tito and Bisping are and he chased Forrest around for 25 min, not able to get rid of him. I might be wrong but i actually think this is a fairly easy fight for Forrest.. Dude's got conditioning for days, insane heart and gets better with every fight..

this place has been dead, nice to debate a little again, where the hell is Evan and Leonard??

desflood
12-01-2008, 01:49 PM
I think Evan vaguely mentioned a work project that will take him away for a while. As for Leonard, you know he's not going to show up to speak with us peons without his royal mouthpiece :p:

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 01:50 PM
They are dangerous, but i don't believe Evans has the stand up to KO him. I don't know if you remember the Tito fight but Rashad was outstruck significantly by Tito in the first 2 rds of that fight. Bisping at times as well in their fight. Rampage is twice the striker that Tito and Bisping are and he chased Forrest around for 25 min, not able to get rid of him. I might be wrong but i actually think this is a fairly easy fight for Forrest.. Dude's got conditioning for days, insane heart and gets better with every fight..

this place has been dead, nice to debate a little again, where the hell is Evan and Leonard??

I still believe Rampage beat forest though. I think Rashad will get lucky and knock him out but if it goes the distance Forest has it.

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Main card

Light Heavyweight Championship Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans
Heavyweight Championship Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir

Not sure about the others yet.. Wandy and Page is a tough one to call

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I think Evan vaguely mentioned a work project that will take him away for a while. As for Leonard, you know he's not going to show up to speak with us peons without his royal mouthpiece :p:

I think Evan is still pissed at me since we argued about Dana White recently..

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Main card

Not sure about the others yet.. Wandy and Page is a tough one to call

Rampage will destroy Silva and then get his rematch or matchup against Evans to reclaim the Gold and my top 3 fighters will be on top :)..........BROCK, ARLOVSKI, RAMPAGE

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 01:52 PM
I still believe Rampage beat forest though. I think Rashad will get lucky and knock him out but if it goes the distance Forest has it.

I had that one a draw actually, i bought UFC 86 on DVD and man it was an amazing fight but had it a draw, we'll see good stuff A-train.. :toast

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 01:53 PM
I think Evan is still pissed at me since we argued about Dana White recently..

what did you argue about?? I was gone for a week if anyone noticed :(.

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Rampage will destroy Silva and then get his rematch or matchup against Evans to reclaim the Gold and my top 3 fighters will be on top :)..........BROCK, ARLOVSKI, RAMPAGE

I'm leaning, Page on that one but i got 2 concerns with him

1) where is his head at since changing camps and his arrest

2) Has he put the 2 losses to Wandy behind him and is ready to finally beat him??

desflood
12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Actually, I did. I wasn't going to say anything, though, because not a soul noticed when I was gone for three this summer.

Attention whore.

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm leaning, Page on that one but i got 2 concerns with him

1) where is his head at since changing camps and his arrest

2) Has he put the 2 losses to Wandy behind him and is ready to finally beat him??

Well for #2 I think he will see that he beat chuck and chuck beat Wandy so that should help him. When was the last time they fought? Wandy is getting up there in age and has lost a few steps IMO. Page is going to come out with the hunger again and prove he is back after his whole ordeal.

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 01:57 PM

No big deal we just disagreed about, Chuck maybe fighting Randy at HW and i said "Chuck must be desperate for a win to want this fight" he said "Chuck never asks for any fights, the UFc picks them all" i disagreed in the sense of how badly he has looked of late and he surely is collabarating with Dana his buddy and the UFC now.. I think i called him a Dana nut-hugger or something.. :lol

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Actually, I did. I wasn't going to say anything, though, because not a soul noticed when I was gone for three this summer.

Attention whore.

:), I notice when everyone is gone especially our core group but it was harder before our fight club started. I wasnt really on the board much in the summer but ill watch closely when your not here des :).

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 02:01 PM
No big deal we just disagreed about, Chuck maybe fighting Randy at HW and i said "Chuck must be desperate for a win to want this fight" he said "Chuck never asks for any fights, the UFc picks them all" i disagreed in the sense of how badly he has looked of late and he surely is collabarating with Dana his buddy and the UFC now.. I think i called him a Dana nut-hugger or something.. :lol

LMAO there you go again using my nut hugger comment :). Glad you like it :toast.

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Well for #2 I think he will see that he beat chuck and chuck beat Wandy so that should help him. When was the last time they fought? Wandy is getting up there in age and has lost a few steps IMO. Page is going to come out with the hunger again and prove he is back after his whole ordeal.

Fought 4 years ago and yes Page is better now, but those were 2 brutal losses, the 2nd one he fucked Page up. Mentally that can stay with you. I think Wandy has lost a little although he whipped Jardine easily. We'll see like is said, leaning towards page but have a few concerns..

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 03:14 PM
BTW how funny is it that, Plaxico Burress, gets busted with a gun at a night-club for shooting himself, :lol

and he may never play in the NFL again the way they are talking but, Rampage gets busted and will be put on trial for evading police and nearly running people over in his SUV and not only is he not out of the UFC but he is part of this mega card in less than a month? :lol

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 03:17 PM
BTW how funny is it that, Plaxico Burress, gets busted with a gun at a night-club for shooting himself, :lol

and he may never play in the NFL again the way they are talking but, Rampage gets busted and will be put on trial for evading police and nearly running people over in his SUV and not only is he not out of the UFC but he is part of this mega card in less than a month? :lol

LOL well Football players have that bad image already.

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 03:44 PM
And With Forrest and Evans on the same card as Page and Wandy, you know the UFC will set up the winner for a title shot next. Given how great the first fight was and the marketability of those guys, Page/Forrest 2 is something the UFC likely wants bad for sometime in the spring.. We'll see if Wandy or Jail-Time get in the way of that.. :lol

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 03:46 PM
And With Forrest and Evans on the same card as Page and Wandy, you know the UFC will set up the winner for a title shot next. Given how great the first fight was and the marketability of those guys, Page/Forrest 2 is something the UFC likely wants bad for sometime in the spring.. We'll see if Wandy or Jail-Time get in the way of that.. :lol

I would love to see Forest Page 2. UFC loves them rematches and they push them in a good way. I want forest to win although I picked Shad to win. Page vs Shad would be pretty fun too.

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 04:51 PM

I'd still love to see Kongo fight, Brock at some point...

ATRAIN
12-01-2008, 07:06 PM

I'd still love to see Kongo fight, Brock at some point...

he would lose

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 07:22 PM
he would lose

Probably but it would be cool to see, it's the Ultimate contradiction of styles. The Huge powerful Wrestler VS the Huge Powerful Striker. They are both so fuckin huge, it would awesome just to see them in the ring together..

Rip-Hamilton32
12-01-2008, 07:25 PM
i can't see evans knocking out forrest, forrest should win easily

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 07:29 PM
i can't see evans knocking out forrest, forrest should win easily

Yeah, i think Forrest takes a clear 5 rd decision or finishes with a sub on the ground..

djohn14
12-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I think Forrest will win also, but for some reason I want Rashad to win.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Bump

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Which fight are you guys looking forward to the most. For me I think it Wandy for Page......I want to see Page back and on top after his whole ordeal.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Wandy and Page, it's a great fight and a fascinating one since Page has lost to Wandy twice. I see him getting it done along with Forrest and a Page/Forrest rematch will happen by the spring..

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Wandy and Page, it's a great fight and a fascinating one since Page has lost to Wandy twice. I see him getting it done along with Forrest and a Page/Forrest rematch will happen by the spring..

Yeah and once he beats forest All my fighters will be champs once again. Brock, AA, and Page!! Together we would rule MMA!! I would just need Sera to get back on it and beat up GSP again lol.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 01:58 PM
I would just need Sera to get back on it and beat up GSP again lol.

"The Riddum is gonna get you, tonight, DA DA DA" :p::p:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00473/ufc_682x400_473291a.jpg

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah and once he beats forest All my fighters will be champs once again. Brock, AA, and Page!! Together we would rule MMA!! I would just need Sera to get back on it and beat up GSP again lol.

BTW Serra is supposed to fight Hughes in April, how do you see that one going? I'm not sure. Hughes to me of late looks like a pretty shot fighter, his takedowns are not what they were. But Serra not only has been battling injuries since he beat GSP and then lost to him, he is like 40 pds over-weight right now.. Is he going to be able to get in great shape for the fight??

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 02:07 PM
BTW Serra is supposed to fight Hughes in April, how do you see that one going? I'm not sure. Hughes to me of late looks like a pretty shot fighter, his takedowns are not what they were. But Serra not only has been battling injuries since he beat GSP and then lost to him, he is like 40 pds over-weight right now.. Is he going to be able to get in great shape for the fight??

Well he has a good work ethic when it comes down to it. He will lose the weight. These guys train and train and train there is no reason to be over weight. He hates Hughes so im sure he will be ready. That will be a bad ass fight.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Well he has a good work ethic when it comes down to it. He will lose the weight. These guys train and train and train there is no reason to be over weight. He hates Hughes so im sure he will be ready. That will be a bad ass fight.

I actually think in spite of the hatred it will be a boring fight.. Hughes sucks on his feet, and Serra really only has that big right hand. The fight may be just Hughes pressing for the takedown and laying on Serra because Serra has a good enough guard to avoid major damage..

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 02:21 PM
I actually think in spite of the hatred it will be a boring fight.. Hughes sucks on his feet, and Serra really only has that big right hand. The fight may be just Hughes pressing for the takedown and laying on Serra because Serra has a good enough guard to avoid major damage..

LOL yeah I think your right :(

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 02:28 PM
I mean i don't care, how much Hughes hates Serra he is not swinging for the fences on his feet with him. He can't win any fight that way..

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I mean i don't care, how much Hughes hates Serra he is not swinging for the fences on his feet with him. He can't win any fight that way..

I dont think Hughes hates Serra as much as Serra hates him.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
I dont think Hughes hates Serra as much as Serra hates him.

Probably not but Hughes has a big ASS ego and a lot of pride. He thinks Serra is a scrub and, He'd be fucking humiliated if he lost to Serra. He wants to win that one convincingly.. Likely boring but convincing..

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Probably not but Hughes has a big ASS ego and a lot of pride. He thinks Serra is a scrub and, He'd be fucking humiliated if he lost to Serra. He wants to win that one convincingly.. Likely boring but convincing..

I dont know about his ego these days. He is a fragment of UFC past from 2 years ago. He isnt the same as he used to be but yeah I dont think he wants to lose to Serra. It would be how I would feel if I lost to Tim Stylvia.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 02:39 PM
I dont know about his ego these days. He is a fragment of UFC past from 2 years ago. He isnt the same as he used to be but yeah I dont think he wants to lose to Serra. It would be how I would feel if I lost to Tim Stylvia.

You might be right about the EGO, Maybe Hughes is accepting of himself not being the fighter he was a few years ago but no way does he want to lose to Serra. If for no other reason than Serra is a huge shit-talker, who will never let you hear the end of it, if he beats you..

Oh and i know you hate him, but yeah Sylvia would hurt you bad DUDE! :lol

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 02:42 PM
You might be right about the EGO, Maybe Hughes is accepting of himself not being the fighter he was a few years ago but no way does he want to lose to Serra. If for no other reason than Serra is a huge shit-talker, who will never let you hear the end of it, if he beats you..

Yeah Hughes was always a shit talker and a prick......you never lose that trait. However I doubt any fighter wants to lose and especially if they hate each other so I dont see Serra dropping the ball. He is too tall but I think I can take him hahaha. Give me a year to train hahahha and ill beat up the big dumb oaf.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Lets not kill Tim too much, yeah he's boring but he's a damn good fighter. He did beat your boy AA twice, and in the most boring fight in MMA history won a decisoin over Jeff Monson.. :lol

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Lets not kill Tim too much, yeah he's boring but he's a damn good fighter. He did beat your boy AA twice, and in the most boring fight in MMA history won a decisoin over Jeff Monson.. :lol

2 LUCKY ASS WINS I might add!! AA was distracted by that dumb ex gf of his. If they fought now AA would demolish him!! Monson was just too outmatched. Too short and his reach was pathetic.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 02:51 PM
DUDE i have UFC 65 on DVD where Tim fights Monson and the behind the scenes is beyond hilarious. It is Tim, shit talking for 20 min on how "He is the worst match-up of Jeff's career, he will KO him with ease in RD 1, this division is in my hands"

Then stinks up the joint for 25 min, barely commiting to a single hard shot out of fear of being taken down and says in the post-fight "Well we know he would be hard to take down, because he was looking to shoot on me" :lol

Price-less..

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 02:52 PM
DUDE i have UFC 65 on DVD where Tim fights Monson and the behind the scenes is beyond hilarious. It is Tim, shit talking for 20 min on how "He is the worst match-up of Jeff's career, he will KO him with ease in RD 1, this division is in my hands"

Then stinks up the joint for 25 min, barely commiting to a single hard shot out of fear of being taken down and says in the post-fight "Well we know he would be hard to take down, because he was looking to shoot on me" :lol

Price-less..

LOL how many UFC dvd's do you have? I need to start getting them once they release them on blu ray.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 02:58 PM
LOL how many UFC dvd's do you have? I need to start getting them once they release them on blu ray.

I think like 20 i have. I started getting them fairly regularly starting at UFC 40 Tito and Ken 1. Of course i get all the DVD's for GSP fights and will buy them for Brock and Rampage fights also..

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 03:03 PM
I think like 20 i have. I started getting them fairly regularly starting at UFC 40 Tito and Ken 1. Of course i get all the DVD's for GSP fights and will buy them for Brock and Rampage fights also..

Yeah I think im going to start getting for my fav fighters.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 03:04 PM
UFC 86 Page and Forrest, fuckin Awesome..

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 03:06 PM
UFC 86 Page and Forrest, fuckin Awesome..

Yeah I like both fighters but damn Page lost. EVEN THOUGH hahaha ive said it a million times Page should have won.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 03:10 PM
It was a superclose fight, some of the scores were BAD. One judge had it 49-46 Forrest which is a joke. I had it a draw, Page gets RD 1, Forrest RD 2 10-8Page gets rd 3 and 4 and Forrest RD 5. 47-47 on my card, insane great fight though..

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 03:16 PM
It was a superclose fight, some of the scores were BAD. One judge had it 49-46 Forrest which is a joke. I had it a draw, Page gets RD 1, Forrest RD 2 10-8Page gets rd 3 and 4 and Forrest RD 5. 47-47 on my card, insane great fight though..

I think that close the champ should retain.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Agreed, fight was so good Forrest would have got another shot soon anyway.

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Agreed, fight was so good Forrest would have got another shot soon anyway.

Yeah but I suppose having the former champ come back for a rematch is better to market.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 03:26 PM
I gotta run, nice chatting today A-Train, made my day a little less boring at my stupid job.. :lol

ATRAIN
12-12-2008, 03:32 PM
I gotta run, nice chatting today A-Train, made my day a little less boring at my stupid job.. :lol

Yeah man same here. Some good MMA talk to help the day go by fast.

dbreiden83080
12-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Bump

Man this is gonna be a hell of an event..

djohn14
12-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks for bumping it!

Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans --I may change this
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva-This too

dbreiden83080
12-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for bumping it!

No problem :)

ight Heavyweight Championship bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans --I may change this
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva-This too

I still don't know for sure about this card. I am spending Christmas with my sister, bringing my lap-top and likely won't lock my picks in until the night before.. Very tough card to pick..

djohn14
12-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Im glad most of my family is local...I can visit, and sleep in my bed in the same night...It is a tough card...very exciting ...I think CB and Mike could turn out to be a very good fight as well.

dbreiden83080
12-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Im glad most of my family is local...I can visit, and sleep in my bed in the same night.

Yeah not local for me. I live in NY and my sister is out in Virginia, that is like an 8hr drive, with ZERO traffic..

I'll have to order this one, fork over the 40 bucks to her and watch it at her place.. :lol

djohn14
12-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Me and my brother split it...it really saves the money!

dallaskd
12-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Hopefully I will be back in town... Hell i should get some cash from relatives for Christmas...I might just buy it.

dbreiden83080
12-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Me and my brother split it...it really saves the money!

That's cool that you have a brother that is into it like you and will split the price on these events. Most of my friends are more casual fans of it and they also have wives that hate it.. :lol

So i'm pretty much on my own..

djohn14
12-17-2008, 10:51 PM
That's cool that you have a brother that is into it like you and will split the price on these events. Most of my friends are more casual fans of it and they also have wives that hate it.. :lol

So i'm pretty much on my own..

I know...its kinda weird. We both got into it at the same time...but for a year had no idea we each liked it. One day he came over because his wife was out of town and there was a ppv on and I said "Do you like UFC?" and hes like "yea its on tonight wanna watch it?"..and that was that! His wife actually likes it too, but she usually falls asleep before the good stuff.

dbreiden83080
12-17-2008, 10:53 PM
I know...its kinda weird. We both got into it at the same time...but for a year had no idea we each liked it. One day he came over because his wife was out of town and there was a ppv on and I said "Do you like UFC?" and hes like "yea its on tonight wanna watch it?"..and that was that! His wife actually likes it too, but she usually falls asleep before the good stuff.

Nice.. See most of my pals have wives that make them take them out to dinner or whatever on a Sat night, so it is like pulling teeth getting them over to my place ot split a UFC PPV with me.. :lol

My Girlfriend also hates it, maybe i need a new one..:hat

djohn14
12-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had that peoblem before me and my brother started watching it. They have a two month old baby girl, so sometimes I got to pay the whole tab...but its family...you gotta do what you gotta do!

dallaskd
12-18-2008, 12:11 AM

If you put Sylvia in my frame, i bet i could take him..or maybe that is my ego talking. :fro

Fear the dreads baby...

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 12:18 AM
If you put Sylvia in my frame, i bet i could take him..or maybe that is my ego talking. :fro

Fear the dreads baby...

Sylvia is a prime example of just being one gigantic mother-fucker.. He's not all that skilled, (Ground game is OK, not much of a wrestler) he is not much of an athlete but he's HUGE and hits hard.

dallaskd
12-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Sylvia is a prime example of just being one gigantic mother-fucker.. He's not all that skilled, (Ground game is OK, not much of a wrestler) he is not much of an athlete but he's HUGE and hits hard.

He trains so I would give him the benefit of the doubt. But i would like to see how my lifting compares to his.

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 12:34 AM
I'd rather see you and Brock.. :lol

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 03:26 PM
UFC.COM

Heavyweight Breakdown: Nogueira vs Mir

By Michael DiSanto

"On December 27th, former PRIDE Heavyweight Champion Antonio Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Nogueira will defend his interim UFC heavyweight crown against former division kingpin Frank Mir. Despite the championship label and the gold belt that will be awarded to the winner, this is really a precursor to a Super Fight against UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar, with the winner of Minotauro-Mir getting his shot at the reigning champion sometime in the first half of 2009.

A fight between Nogueira and Mir to determine the next in line to unify the title with Lesnar is enough to justify headline status on most fight cards, but there is more to this story. There is an under-the-radar rivalry brewing between the two that neither man will likely acknowledge.

For years, a debate has raged about whether the best fighters in the world competed in the UFC or PRIDE. A popular sub-discussion to that debate was whether Minotauro or Mir was the most dangerous submission artist in a mixed martial arts bout. That debate grew more intense when Mir won the UFC Heavyweight Championship back on June 19, 2004, by snapping the forearm of long-standing champion Tim Sylvia with a lightning quick transition into an armbar during a takedown.

The UFC ended the general debate a few years ago by acquiring the now-dormant Japanese fighting organization and signing virtually all of its top talent in the heavyweight and 205-lb divisions, including Minotauro, to multi-fight deals to compete inside the Octagon. The acquisition also set the stage to end the Minotauro-Mir debate, since both were co-competitors in the UFC.

Both men lived up to their reputations as elite submission fighters by scoring dramatic come-from-behind submission wins in 2008. Back in February, Minotauro dropped the first two rounds to former champion Tim Sylvia as the fight entered the third round. Undeterred, Minotauro kept pressing, and with just over two minutes remaining, the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt pulled guard and quickly swept his taller foe. Now the fight was in his world, and he took full advantage, securing a guillotine choke that forced Sylvia to submit with 88 seconds remaining in the round to become the interim heavyweight champ.

Mir’s last bout was equally impressive. Facing now-champion Brock Lesnar, Mir found himself right where he wanted to be in the opening seconds of the fight. Lesnar had taken the action to the ground with Mir fighting from his guard. The only problem was the fact that Lesnar was in the midst of a furious assault of punches. Mir hadn’t fared well in the past when faced with brutal ground-and-pound attacks, suffering two of his three career losses in that situation. But Mir wasn’t ready to accept defeat on that February night, and after gathering his wits, he was able to apply his vast submission knowledge by catching Lesnar in a fight-ending knee bar a mere 90 seconds into the fight.

The win propelled Mir into a coaching spot opposite Minotauro on the UFC’s hit reality show, The Ultimate Fighter, followed by a fight after the season’s conclusion. So, the stage is finally set for the pair to answer the question of who is the better fighter.

Minotauro knows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he is the better striker of the two. The Brazilian has been training for years with the Cuban national boxing team. He has a very good jab, a nice one-two combination and a pretty decent left hook. He doesn’t possess true one-punch knockout power, but he carries enough rocks in his fists to stop guys with an accumulation of shots over the course of three or four rounds, particularly when gas tanks start running on fumes.

While he likely believes that he is also the better submission artist, Minotauro is a very intelligent fighter who focuses on exploiting an opponent’s weaknesses. Mir’s biggest weakness, aside from his conditioning, is his striking.

The Las Vegas southpaw is a big, strong heavyweight who has a little pop in his left hand. But many question his chin, and as we saw when he faced Brandon Vera, he can be completely overwhelmed by a proficient striker because he has very little head or lateral movement and, as a result, is fairly easy to hit. And Minotauro will look to hit him early and often with lead right hands, spending much of his time focusing on keeping his left foot on the outside of Mir’s right foot to properly open throwing lanes for the lead right.

If he is able to keep it on the feet, this will be a very easy fight for Minotauro. Accordingly, I don’t see the interim champion taking the fight to ground in the first half of the fight, unless he knocks Mir down, which is a distinct possibility.

Mir is a confident, if not cocky, fighter. But he is nobody’s fool. The former champion knows that Minotauro is the better striker. Mir knows that he doesn’t have the fastest or most effective striking. Barring a homerun punch that Minotauro doesn’t see coming, he also doesn’t carry enough dynamite in his fists to dent what most acknowledge as the division’s thickest beard.

Minotauro has proven time and time again that he can take almost immeasurable punishment in the form of strikes without losing his wits. In fact, the only time I can seriously remember him being hurt was when Heath Herring dropped him with a vicious kick to the head in Minotauro’s UFC debut. Of course, Minotauro survived to win a hard-fought unanimous decision. Mir knows, therefore, that he is not going to knock out Minotauro. And his lack of hand speed and slick defensive boxing skills means that he is not going to out box (or kickbox) Minotauro en route to a decision victory.

As a result, Mir’s best chance of winning the fight is to take the action to the ground.

Minotauro is so comfortable fighting from his guard that he has never developed strong takedown defense, and Mir can take advantage of that fact by ducking under a lead right and aggressively driving through with a double-leg takedown.

Once the fight hits the ground, Mir should forget playing the BJJ game with Minotauro on the ground. Both men are black belts, so the likely result is a stalemate, which will lead to a stand up, something Mir wants to avoid at all costs. Mir should therefore focus as much on maintaining the position as he does working his ground-and-pound game. The ground-and-pound attack should not be focused on stopping Minotauro because he has survived much more ferocious ground assaults than Mir could ever hope to muster. Moreover, getting too aggressive with punches opens the door to getting swept, and as much as Mir loves to fight from his guard, there is no need for him to play that game with Minotauro because he cannot likely submit the Brazilian from that position.

For his part, Minotauro should stay very relaxed if he finds himself fighting from his guard. I don’t see Mir giving him an opening for a triangle or an armbar, and I definitely don’t see him being able to sweep Mir with a kimura. So he should look for opportunities to escape out the back door or otherwise work to his feet. If those opportunities don’t present themselves, he can rest and defend from his guard, banking on the fact that Mir will run out of gas long before the end of the 25-minute fight.

Let’s acknowledge the 600-lb gorilla standing in the room: Frank Mir has never taken conditioning seriously heading into a fight, so I don’t see any reason why his preparation for this fight will be any different, even though pre-fight reports say he is taking this bout more seriously than any other when it comes to his conditioning work. Why has this been a consistent issue for Mir though? I’m not sure, though my guess is that he is too skilled on the ground for his own good.

Mir trains for one purpose:
to incapacitate his tormentor in the quickest, most efficient way. And throughout his career, he has been able enter and leave the Octagon with a win as efficiently as anyone in the history of the sport. Seven of his nine UFC wins have come by way of submission in the first round (ok, his win over Sylvia was scored a TKO, but it was really a technical submission due to a broken forearm from an armbar). Taking that one step farther, six of those seven first-round wins occurred in two minutes or less, and three occurred in under a minute.

That is submission efficiency that the sport has never before seen across all promotions and all weight classes. Mir is that dangerous. But his ability to dispose of foes so quickly leads to poor conditioning. I don’t know this for certain, but his fighting history suggests that his ability to win quickly leaves him less than committed to his cardio. He regularly appears completely gassed when a fight moves toward the end of the first round. And in his two UFC fights that lasted beyond the opening stanza, he showed terrible conditioning. Granted, he scored a gut-check three-round decision win over Dan Christison in July 2006, but both men were walking zombies in the second and third rounds.

Minotauro, by contrast, has fought to the distance 13 times in his career, and he has also scored dramatic last-round submission victories. Nobody questions Minotauro’s commitment to cardio, so there is no reason to believe that he will show up in less than stellar condition on December 27.

Accordingly, it makes sense for Minotauro to focus on surviving the first two minutes of the fight. He can then use his boxing skills to drag Mir into the deep waters of the third, fourth and fifth rounds, and watch him drown.

So, who is going to win the bout? To me, this seems like an easy call. If it ends in the first two minutes, I like Mir all day every day. If it lasts beyond two minutes, then I think Minotauro walks away with it based on his conditioning and his ability to take freakish amounts of punishment without wilting.

Which scenario will unfold? The latter seems more likely, but, alas, I though the same thing when Mir faced Antoni Hardonk, Tim Sylvia and Brock Lesnar, and he beat those three in less than four combined minutes."

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 03:27 PM
CountDown Show, Dec 22nd 11PM ET

ATRAIN
12-18-2008, 03:30 PM
almost time!!

djohn14
12-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Im Pumped!

polandprzem
12-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Umm Mir vs Nog a 5 round bout which will test the conditioning of them both.

And while all of those frickers will be fighting that night I will be dancing ... on a wedding

I don't know if to be happy or not.

Well yea I'm not :)

djohn14
12-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Danicing...UFC...Dancing...UFC...Dancing...UFC...I ll take UFC....but good luck with the wedding!

polandprzem
12-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Danicing...UFC...Dancing...UFC...Dancing...UFC...I ll take UFC....but good luck with the wedding!

There is still slight chance I will be able to see the last two fights.

All in all the UFC92 will start at 4am.

btw. I will be a bestman :D

So let the bestman win!

djohn14
12-18-2008, 05:59 PM
There is still slight chance I will be able to see the last two fights.

All in all the UFC92 will start at 4am.

btw. I will be a bestman :D

So let the bestman win!

Who has a wedding at 4 am? Congradulations on being best man...

polandprzem
12-18-2008, 06:23 PM
I hope the wedding will be over at 4am when the UFC will start.
But I'm not sure it will.

djohn14
12-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh...still...thats a late wedding.

desflood
12-22-2008, 04:09 AM
Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir
Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva
Cheick Kongo vs. Mustafa Al Turk

Still considering Jackson/Silva.

oligarchy
12-22-2008, 10:42 AM
C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio - Okami / Lister on the undercard, but these two make the main event.

desflood
12-22-2008, 11:33 AM
C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio - Okami / Lister on the undercard, but these two make the main event.
It's disgusting.

djohn14
12-22-2008, 12:49 PM
It's disgusting.

Im not that mad at it. I think they will put up a good fight. Id rather see them fight actually. No, Im not saying CB or MM is better than Okami.

Evan
12-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I am a huge fan of Okami but lets face it, Okami v Lister has the potential to be a 3 round snooze fest.I think it should be on the main card (and it will be) but I think this is more about poor match making than anything. Its possible Okami got to pick this fight.

ATRAIN
12-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Evan you making your picks?

Evan
12-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva (I need to think about this)
C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio
Okami / Lister

* Turk/Kongo could be a nice standing KO throwdown either way.

djohn14
12-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Cheick Kongo is my second favorite heavyweight...Can anyone guess my fav?

ATRAIN
12-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Cheick Kongo is my second favorite heavyweight...Can anyone guess my fav?

My fav hw's >>> your fav hw's :)

dbreiden83080
12-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Main card

Still got no clue about Wandy and Page. Probably won't lock it until the night of the fight, so hard to call that one..

Evan
12-22-2008, 02:57 PM
In Silva I trust, I'm going with him.

Rampage had a massive mental breakdown plus a new gym in a foreign country. Too much to over come.

ATRAIN
12-22-2008, 03:01 PM

Rampage had a massive mental breakdown plus a new gym in a foreign country. Too much to over come.

Page will be ready.

dbreiden83080
12-22-2008, 03:07 PM

You are Echoing my thoughts exactly when the fight was made Evan. 2 schools of thought on this one. Is Wandy back or has he slipped from his Pride days and is ready to be beaten by the perceived improved Rampage?? Or will Page's mental state be a factor, splitting with his camp, new trainers, the weight of the legal troubles on his mind. Very very tough fight to call but i think i will go with Page only because i believe Wandy is just not what he was.. Although Tomorrow i may go Wandy.. :lol

desflood
12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm wondering if, all things considered, Wandy might just have Jackson's number.

Rohirrim
12-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooo I'll be out of town w/ no internet connection

:depressed

polandprzem
12-22-2008, 06:38 PM
C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio

dbreiden83080
12-22-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm wondering if, all things considered, Wandy might just have Jackson's number.

Very possible. I truly feel if Chuck fought Page 10 times, he'd lose them all. Could be the same for Page with Wandy..

dbreiden83080
12-23-2008, 06:43 PM
BTW, anyone know why the hell C.B. Dollaway is on the main card, and not Matt Hamill??

djohn14
12-23-2008, 07:02 PM
BTW, anyone know why the hell C.B. Dollaway is on the main card, and not Matt Hamill??

This is probably the worst answer your going to get, and keep in mind I am a big Hamill fan...but...

1. Reese Andy is terrible

2. CB-MM is a rematch from their college days

3. CB and MM are good prospects

---------------------------------------

This is the one Im not sure about

4. MAYBE the UFC has higher hopes for CB and MM than Hamill

Id rather see this fight...I guess Im the only one who thinks the UFC did a good job picking this over Hamill-Andy and Okami-Lister, but these are just my openions.

dbreiden83080
12-23-2008, 08:02 PM
This is probably the worst answer your going to get, and keep in mind I am a big Hamill fan...but...

1. Reese Andy is terrible

2. CB-MM is a rematch from their college days

3. CB and MM are good prospects

---------------------------------------

This is the one Im not sure about

4. MAYBE the UFC has higher hopes for CB and MM than Hamill

Id rather see this fight...I guess Im the only one who thinks the UFC did a good job picking this over Hamill-Andy and Okami-Lister, but these are just my openions.

CB hasn't shown much of anything yet, in my opinion but i guess the UFC doesn't like the guy Matt is fighting but i have to believe they still feel Matt can be a big time fighter. There is no shame at all in getting beat up by Rich Ace Franklin..

dbreiden83080
12-23-2008, 09:34 PM

I am really messed up on this card i tell ya. These are my picks and i will stick with them but man, i talked to a friend of mine yesterday who is a mega MMA fan and is GREAT at picking fights and he is 100% convinced that Rashad will get to and KO Forrest and that Page still will get KTFO thanks to the clinch of Wandy. The clinch hurt him bad in those 2 fights in Pride.. Damn i just don't know about Wandy and Page, but i have leaned Page all the way and i will pick him. I just feel he is the better fighter at this point and he'll find a way to get it done. I see Forrest winning by decision over Rashad, have all along. Something tells me, we will see the same Rashad, that fought Bisping and Tito in this fight, not very impressive at all.. Forrest too much heart, too much conditioning and too elusive.. Okay i'm done, my head hurts from thinking about it but i'm done.. :p:

desflood
12-24-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm taking Lister as my underdog pick.

dbreiden83080
12-24-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm taking Lister as my underdog pick.

Lister used to train with Tito didn't he??

desflood
12-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes.

dallaskd
12-25-2008, 02:09 PM

dbreiden83080
12-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Bump..

ATRAIN
12-26-2008, 01:52 PM
http://92.ufc.com/

I dont know if anyone posted this but they have cool fights and even Forests UF finale.

cornbread
12-26-2008, 01:56 PM
I'll post my picks after the weigh ins. Right now it's too difficult to say on a few of these.

dallaskd
12-26-2008, 02:01 PM
undercard picks:

Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister -Upset pick
Antoni Hardonk vs. Mark Burch - vicious KO
Matt Hamill vs. Reese Andy
Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan
Dan Evensen vs. Pat Barry

dbreiden83080
12-26-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm really pissed Hammil is not on the main card..

desflood
12-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Forrest Griffin: "Training with Wanderlei Silva is horrible, absolutely horrible. I don't remember as much stuff as I used to remember now that he's hitting me in the head repeatedly." :lol

http://videos.mmaweekly.com/view_player.php?id=2904

ATRAIN
12-26-2008, 02:45 PM
I wonder why they dont have an in depth for Wandy and Page? :( Thats the fight im looking forward to the most.

ATRAIN
12-26-2008, 02:46 PM
I'll post my picks after the weigh ins. Right now it's too difficult to say on a few of these.

Didnt the weigh ins happen or is that later on today?

ATRAIN
12-26-2008, 02:47 PM
^^ ok nm answered my own question weigh ins at 5 pm cst today. On ufc.com. No ESPN love today?

ATRAIN
12-26-2008, 02:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/index

MMA live with Kenflo talking about UFC 92.

djohn14
12-26-2008, 07:18 PM
weigh ins

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=207187&cl=11144769&ch=2283876&src=sports

djohn14
12-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Silva-Rampage almost came to blows....im pumped for that.

dbreiden83080
12-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Where can you rewatch it, i just missed it??

dallaskd
12-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Where can you rewatch it, i just missed it??

The link posted above...

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 12:14 AM
The link posted above...

Got it, wasn't working for me before..

dallaskd
12-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Weigh in Results:

Forrest Griffin (205) vs. Rashad Evans (203)
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (246) vs. Frank Mir (251)
CB Dollaway (186) vs. Mike Massenzio (184)
Wanderlei Silva (203) vs. Quinton Jackson (206)
Cheick Kongo (233) vs. Mustapha al Turk (237)
Yushin Okami (185) vs. Dean Lister (186)
Antoni Hardonk (246) vs. Mike Wessel (260)
Matt Hamill (205) vs. Reese Andy (206)
Ryo Chonan (171) vs. Brad Blackburn (170)
Dan Evensen (242) vs. Patrick Barry (233)

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Wandy was a little light for this one..

dallaskd
12-27-2008, 12:51 AM
http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226090008_5782b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226090037_5785b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226090212_5774b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226090246_5777b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226090318_5762b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226090707_5766b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226090733_5768b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226090831_5752b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226090911_5755b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226091010_5745b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226091056_5748b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226091201_5735b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226091228_5740b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226091344_5726b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226091405_5730b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226091523_5717b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226091624_5722b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226091754_5710b.JPG&width_size=600

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20081226091850_5712b.JPG&width_size=600

dallaskd
12-27-2008, 12:52 AM
Wandy was a little light for this one..

look how cut he looks..

dallaskd
12-27-2008, 12:53 AM
undercard picks:

Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister -Upset pick
Antoni Hardonk vs. Mark Burch - vicious KO
Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan
Dan Evensen vs. Pat Barry

Changing my pick from Evensen to Barry.

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 12:57 AM
look how cut he looks..

He cuts less than Page has too..

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Wandy shoving Page at the weigh in, classic. They just hate eachother, it is on with those two. :toast

djohn14
12-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Wandy shoving Page at the weigh in, classic. They just hate eachother, it is on with those two. :toast

It wouldnt shock me if something silly happens again when they go to touch gloves.

djohn14
12-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Also. After weigh ins..Im very close to changing my pick to Silva.

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Also. After weigh ins..Im very close to changing my pick to Silva.

Why, that didn't phase PAGE. He's a lot like Chuck in that none of that stuff matters to him, it's all about getting in the cage and getting it on. I don't believe Page is scared of Wandy or anybody. He may lose but he's ready..

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Good fights...can't wait...

look how cut he looks..

I think you're confused... :lol

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Good fights...can't wait...

I think you're confused... :lol

Wandy looks Cut, Got it

Page cuts less weight got that too

Anything else??

Evan
12-27-2008, 11:17 AM
L
Le
Leo
Leon
Leona
Leonar
Leonard!

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 11:22 AM
EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN :toast:ihit

Wandy looks Cut, Got it

Page cuts less weight got that too

Anything else??

Nevermind :lol

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 11:24 AM
EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN :toast:ihit

Nevermind :lol

:rolleyes

My comment was not meant to be anaylized in the first place as it was stating a fact, off a visual opinion by Dallas but if you feel like posting something other than :lol:lol:lol

By all means i'll be here..

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Your response...

to this...

look how cut he looks..

makes no sense...or was it supposed to be an independent statement completely unrelated to what you were quoting? If so, that's cool...maybe you didn't mean to quote him.

The fact that Rampage cuts more weight has nothing to do with Wanderlei looking cut...

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Your response...

to this...

makes no sense...or was it supposed to be an independent statement completely unrelated to what you were quoting? If so, that's cool...maybe you didn't mean to quote him.

The fact that Rampage cuts more weight has nothing to do with Wanderlei looking cut...

IT was basically an independant statement, but it is also relevant to the post because Wandy will look more cut because he is the naturally smaller fighter cutting less weight. They were talking about him dropping to 185 if he lost to Jardine, Even Wandy was talking about it.. Page would have drain himself to death to make that weight.. They both look great though and ready to go..

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans - TKO
C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio - upset

Preliminary card
Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister
Antoni Hardonk vs. Mike Wessel
Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan - upset
Dan Evensen vs. Pat Barry - violent KO

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 11:37 AM
IT was basically an independant statement, but it is also relevant to the post because Wandy will look more cut because he is the naturally smaller fighter cutting less weight.

Huh? Cutting less weight makes you look more cut than a guy cutting big weight? :lol

Still confused...

They were talking about him dropping to 185 if he lost to Jardine, Even Wandy was talking about it.. Page would have drain himself to death to make that weight.. They both look great though and ready to go..

Wandy should be at MW...I'm concerned that he cut nothing for this fight...

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Huh? Cutting less weight makes you look more cut than a guy cutting big weight? :lol

Still confused...

Depends on the body type and your shape coming into camp, but in most cases yes that is the case.. Also depends on how Dehydrated you are when you hit the scales. Page went right for the water after he weighed in..

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Wandy should be at MW...I'm concerned that he cut nothing for this fight...

He is one of the few 205 ers that basically walks around at that weight

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Depends on the body type and your shape coming into camp, but in most cases yes that is the case..

Your shape coming into camp 10 weeks before a fight has an impact on how cut you look at weigh-ins??

Also depends on how Dehydrated you are when you hit the scales. Page went right for the water after he weighed in..

Exactly...so shouldn't Rampage look more cut than a guy that's not really cutting weight??

:hat

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Your shape coming into camp 10 weeks before a fight has an impact on how cut you look at weigh-ins??

If you start really out of shape, of course it can. Take a look at Page when he fought Forrest compared to when he fought Henderson and Chuck. He got really fat in between TUF and the Forrest fight, and he didn't physically look nearly as good.

"Exactly...so shouldn't Rampage look more cut than a guy that's not really cutting weight??"

Not when he's naturally walking around cut and at that weight no.. Pacquio moved up in weight and looked more cut than Oscar coming down..

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 12:02 PM
*sigh*

sorry dude, but IN GENERAL a guy that cuts a shitload of water weight is going to look more "cut" at weigh-ins than a guy that doesn't have to cut water to make weight. So yea, basically the opposite of what you're saying... :lol

Wanderlei doesn't walk around dehydrated every day...he's in shape and he's cut, but he's not drained of water...he could look even more defined if he needed to cut a lot of water.

Cliff Notes...cutting water makes you look more cut.

Somebody else please chime in and tell me that I'm making some sense here...feels like the Twilight Zone... :lol

djohn14
12-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Why, that didn't phase PAGE. He's a lot like Chuck in that none of that stuff matters to him, it's all about getting in the cage and getting it on. I don't believe Page is scared of Wandy or anybody. He may lose but he's ready..

No, im not saying it phased Rampage. Its just sometimes I forget how intense Wandy is. He isnt lying when he says he wants to kill him. As of right now Im picking Rampage...hoping he converts back to his old self...or not because his old self couldnt beat Wandy.

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 12:10 PM
*sigh*

sorry dude, but IN GENERAL a guy that cuts a shitload of water weight is going to look more "cut" at weigh-ins than a guy that doesn't have to cut water to make weight. So yea, basically the opposite of what you're saying... :lol

Wanderlei doesn't walk around dehydrated every day...he's in shape and he's cut, but he's not drained of water...he could look even more defined if he needed to cut a lot of water.

Somebody else please chime in and tell me that I'm making some sense here...feels liks the Twilight Zone... :lol

First of all i don't think Wandy looks vastly more cut than Page, he looks a little more cut thanks mainly to his body type being smaller.. And there is a difference between looking thin and looking cut. One can dehydrate himself and if they killed themself to do it, look like total shit at the weigh in. One can drain a little water and come in healtheir looking and very cut, like Wandy. Oscar and Manny, who looked better vs who cut more weight?? The story of that fight tells that story as did the visual evidence..

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 12:21 PM
I never said that Wandy looks more cut that Rampage actually...

Who said anything about looking "thin" vs looking cut?

You're trying to make points with statements that are unrelated to the discussion, which is frustrating...so I'm done with this. Are you Mr Dio by chance?

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 12:32 PM
man whats up with all this fighting with each other as of late. Like john said I love you guys hahahah. We need to hug it out!!

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Who's fighting?

Evan
12-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Fight of the night predictions anyone?

Page Vs Wanderlei

Evan
12-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Who's fighting?

:rolleyes

Are you that far out of the loop?

Main card

Preliminary card

Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister
Heavyweight bout: Antoni Hardonk vs. Mark Burch
Light Heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Reese Andy
Welterweight bout: Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan
Heavyweight bout: Dan Evensen vs. Pat Barry

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Fight of the night predictions anyone?

Page Vs Wanderlei

After the weigh ins I say so. This is the fight im looking foward to the most!!

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 01:01 PM
I never said that Wandy looks more cut that Rampage actually...

Who said anything about looking "thin" vs looking cut?

You're trying to make points with statements that are unrelated to the discussion, which is frustrating...so I'm done with this. Are you Mr Dio by chance?

Okay let me just clarify my point. I am talking about all the factors not just one or even 2. Much of this is about body proportion, muscle mass vs body fat. Chuck is the best example i can give you of this. He has a gut, always will have one, it's not going away. Someone could bulk up from 185, having eaten a whole meal and drank 18 gallons of water before the weigh ins, just to make the weight and they are still likely to look more cut than Chuck. Who has to cut weight because he easily could be fighting at heavyweight. He is less cut than everyone in the division basically.. With his body type, that's about as good as he looks at 205. Forrest very skinny frame, will never look bulky at 205.. I was never trying to say it's only about how dehydrated you are before you hit the scales.. My point to Page and
Wandy was also about not just cutting weight or being dehydrated it was also about body type and proportions. If i didn't clarify that properly than that was my bad and i apologize..

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Okay let me just clarify my point. I am talking about all the factors not just one or even 2. Much of this is about body proportion, muscle mass vs body fat. Chuck is the best example i can give you of this. He has a gut, always will have one, it's not going away. Someone could bulk up from 185, having eaten a whole meal and drank 18 gallons of water before the weigh ins, just to make the weight and they are still likely to look more cut than Chuck. Who has to cut weight because he easily could be fighting at heavyweight. He is less cut than everyone in the division basically.. With his body type, that's about as good as he looks at 205. Forrest very skinny frame, will never look bulky at 205.. I was never trying to say it's only about how dehydrated you are before you hit the scales.. My point to Page and
Wandy was also about not just cutting weight or being dehydrated it was also about body type and proportions. If i didn't clarify that properly than that was my bad and i apologize..

So you calling Chuck fat? :P

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 01:06 PM
man whats up with all this fighting with each other as of late. Like john said I love you guys hahahah. We need to hug it out!!

:lol

Nobody's fighiting just debating and clarifying. If everyone always agrees on everything, this place will be as dead and boring as Kings-Talk.. :lmao

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 01:07 PM
So you calling Chuck fat? :P

Society did that for me..:hat

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 01:08 PM

Yea...it all makes perfect sense now...thanks!!

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 01:09 PM

Nobody's fighiting just debating and clarifying. If everyone always agrees on everything, this place will be as dead and boring as Kings-Talk.. :lmao

Ok good I would really hate to start whooping ass around here and proving that im the only alpha male around here.

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Society did that for me..:hat

If I ever run into chuck ill let him know you said that hahaha.

djohn14
12-27-2008, 01:14 PM

The man is right!

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok good I would really hate to start whooping ass around here and proving that im the only alpha male around here.

Dude you must need an army of security guards when you go out drinking.. :lol

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 01:17 PM
If I ever run into chuck ill let him know you said that hahaha.

Right along with all those that wanna tell Brock about his Penis Tatoo..:hat

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Dude you must need an army of security guards when you go out drinking.. :lol

LOL im a nice drunk, however my fuse can be lit especially if one of my friends is threatened. I try not to resort to violence but I wont back down from a fight.

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Right along with all those that wanna tell Brock about his Penis Tatoo..:hat

Dammit its a knife!!! Either way it takes a real man to get a Tatoo of a penis on his chest.

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 01:25 PM
The man is right!

Thank you John.......btw who is that scrub you have as an avitar hahahah just kidding :).

djohn14
12-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Thank you John.......btw who is that scrub you have as an avitar hahahah just kidding :).

Oh no you didnt...thems fightin words....Im thinking....Me and Cain Velasquez versus you and your scrub...tag team MMA!!!..hahaha

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Oh no you didnt...thems fightin words....Im thinking....Me and Cain Velasquez versus you and your scrub...tag team MMA!!!..hahaha

You and Cain, Me and GSP, Dallas and BJ Penn, Evan and Lyoto Machida, Leonard and Fedor in a battle Royal.. :p:

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Leonard and Fedor

Wouldn't be much of a battle...

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Wouldn't be much of a battle...

Probably not but Fedor is wasting away at this point.. It's a shame..

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Probably not but Fedor is wasting away at this point.. It's a shame..

You're on a roll of a confusion today... :lol

How is he "wasting away" while fighting guys like Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski (and then Barnett if things go as planned)??? Who should he fight to prove something in your opinion??

Bottom line...it doesn't matter who Fedor fights it won't be enough unless he's in the UFC. Fighting top notch guys like Brock Lesnar, right? :lol Nog? Right. Mir? Ha. Couture? Give me a break. Gonzaga? Um no. Might be some opponents there in the future with guys like Cain, Carwin, and Lesnar (after he gets some more experience).

People were excited that he was finally fighting a worthy opponent in Tim Sylvia. Many picked him to lose and be exposed. He smashed Tim like nobody ever has, which of course means that Tim was then a joke and Fedor is still fighting bums...

It's the same with AA now...if Fedor smashes him then big deal it was just AA (nevermind that he's a top 3-5 HW in every poll)...if he loses, he was a fraud...no win situation for Fedor.

Haters...

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 02:32 PM

You talking about Lesnar or Arlovski cause they both got my back hahah

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 02:33 PM
You and Cain, Me and GSP, Dallas and BJ Penn, Evan and Lyoto Machida, Leonard and Fedor in a battle Royal.. :p:

Dont you mean dallas and Soku LMAO

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 02:35 PM
It's the same with AA now...if Fedor smashes him then big deal it was just AA (nevermind that he's a top 3-5 HW in every poll)...if he loses, he was a fraud...no win situation for Fedor.

Haters...

you better watch your mouth......NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 02:38 PM

My avatar will smash your avatar...

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 02:39 PM
You're on a roll of a confusion today... :lol

More like your on a roll of misunderstanding and ranting, but hey...

How is he "wasting away" while fighting guys like Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski (and then Barnett if things go as planned)??? Who should he fight to prove something in your opinion??

He's wasting away in the sense that nobody and i mean nobody other than MMA loyal fans know who the hell he is. Fighting outside the UFC all these years has dwindled his legacy. Why do you think the UFC can so easily get people excited about Wandy and Page 3?? Yes they are big stars but also almost nobody saw those 2 fights in Pride.. A fighters legacy today is about dominating in the UFC, which Fedor would do, but he likely is never making the jump so yes he is wasting away.. Fighting in complete obscurity in spite of being the best.. It would be like MJ playing his whole career in the CBA.. I don't need to answer the rest of your post because i don't disagree that he is the best.. But one slip up in obscurity and he'll go from little known to unkown period, unless he gets his butt to the UFC and starts showing the world what's up.. Come beat-down the top guys where the spotlight is and retire.. Or keep dominating fights nobody is watching, it's his choice..

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 02:40 PM
My avatar will smash your avatar...

hahaha I think we should bet

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Dont you mean dallas and Soku LMAO

Soku sucks so bad these days, who would want him by their side in a brawl right now??:lol

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Soku sucks so bad these days, who would want him by their side in a brawl right now??:lol

Shit I think I could take Soku right now hahaha.
Then again Soku >>>> Cain LMAO

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 02:44 PM
hahaha I think we should bet

I really hope AA pulls off the miracle.. Still won't get Fedor in the UFC but hey..

ATRAIN
12-27-2008, 02:44 PM
I really hope AA pulls off the miracle.. Still won't get Fedor in the UFC but hey..

When AA wins will he be the number 1 HW?

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 02:50 PM
More like your on a roll of misunderstanding and ranting, but hey...

He's wasting away in the sense that nobody and i mean nobody other than MMA loyal fans know who the hell he is. Fighting outside the UFC all these years has dwindled his legacy. Why do you think the UFC can so easily get people excited about Wandy and Page 3?? Yes they are big stars but also almost nobody saw those 2 fights in Pride.. A fighters legacy today is about dominating in the UFC, which Fedor would do, but he likely is never making the jump so yes he is wasting away.. Fighting in complete obscurity in spite of being the best.. It would be like MJ playing his whole career in the CBA.. I don't need to answer the rest of your post because i don't disagree that he is the best.. But one slip up in obscurity and he'll go from little known to unkown period, unless he gets his butt to the UFC and starts showing the world what's up.. Come beat-down the top guys where the spotlight is and retire.. Or keep dominating fights nobody is watching, it's his choice..

When Rampage and Silva fought in Pride it was bigger than the UFC... (as far as worldwide MMA goes, think outside the US)

By your definition Fedor IS wasting away I suppose. I don't think he cares whether or not he's ever famous in the US among the Avg Joe UFC Fan though. He's on a roll fighting top 10 fighters right now and that's all that matters to real MMA fans. I'd rather see him fight AA and Barnett than anybody in the UFC HW division right now. I'd love to see him in the UFC as much as anybody because it would be cool for the US sports fan to know who he is, but there isn't much for him there right now and I don't blame him for not wanting to be the UFC's bitch (ie, see the recent AKA shake-up).

Affliction probably won't be around much longer, so we'll see from there. I do know that going to Affliction has put him in ads on CBS in primetime though, which not even Brock Lesnar has had...so he HAS gotten some exposure in the US even though he's not in the UFC...

Regardless, you can't discount the competition he's fighting lately...

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 02:51 PM

Theoretically, yes...but that's a pipe dream... :lol

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 02:51 PM

And likely go to the UFC. Fedor probably not either way, which is why he is wasting away.. rapin and rhymin sucka......

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 03:17 PM
UFC 92 Video Blogs

7gfvWPOypCE

LJf0TPpQIrM

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 03:20 PM
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/733/silvastaredown5im.gif

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/jb41339/silva.gif

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2328/wand11dk.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/Strongboy770/Wanderlei%20Silva/SilvawatchesRampagefallthruropes.jpg

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00493/silva_682x400_493823a.jpg

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 03:22 PM
I picked Page but Wandy may just be his Kryptonite..

cornbread
12-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Rashad
Wanderlei
Nog
CB
Kongo

djohn14
12-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Shit I think I could take Soku right now hahaha.
Then again Soku >>>> Cain LMAO

Your pushing it!

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 04:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JRkeOAdjPE

tlongII
12-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Can't wait for the fights tonight! Great card!

Evan
12-27-2008, 05:23 PM
And likely go to the UFC. Fedor probably not either way, which is why he is wasting away.. rapin and rhymin sucka......

AA is a free agent after this fight assuming there is no options clause..........

I bet AA's people go to Dana...ask for Lesnars contract plus $1 and tell Dana to "suck it."

Evan
12-27-2008, 05:31 PM
As a fan from the outside who probably only knows 5% of what really happens behind the scenes based on the crap we read on blogs IMO the handling of AA is Dana's biggest eff up.

And that includes the purchase of PRIDE...I imagine that was merely awful advice handed down from Lawyers.

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 07:05 PM
204 replies in the fight thread and it hasn't even started yet, not bad guys..

Evan
12-27-2008, 07:39 PM
I don't think he cares whether or not he's ever famous in the US among the Avg Joe UFC Fan though.

But he wears this shirt all the time and its in English..

http://www.tokyoamusement.com/imgmarque/Pride/Fedor_nobodyBeatMe_shirt_B.jpg

But seriously...if an American wore that people would be having a heart attack. And and far as being a bitch...well....he had to give up his NYE event for Affliction. If that's not being a bitch I don't know what is. Can you imagine the crying that would be going on if the UFC made him cancel it? Good Lord.

Agree with everything else you said tho. The complaints about competition are dead for now. If he beats Arlovski I can't imagine who could beat him in 2009 regardless of promotion.

Fact is the guy has miserable management. I doubt he is seeing most of his money.

jag
12-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Fact is the guy has miserable management. I doubt he is seeing most of his money.

Vadim and Dana both have power issues. The only way Fedor will wind up in the UFC is if the Fertittas and Fedor sit in a room together and talk it out.

Vadim and Dana will get no where...they both want their way or the highway.

Evan
12-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Vadim and Dana both have power issues. The only way Fedor will wind up in the UFC is if the Fertittas and Fedor sit in a room together and talk it out.

Vadim and Dana will get no where...they both want their way or the highway.

I agree with that...:toast

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Dana constantly referring to him as a "Crazy Russian" doesn't help matters..

Evan
12-27-2008, 08:44 PM
so when you call DirecTV the first thing it asks you is "do you want to order the UFC 92 PPV?"

dbreiden83080
12-27-2008, 09:41 PM
so when you call DirecTV the first thing it asks you is "do you want to order the UFC 92 PPV?"

"Yes but can you knock 10 bucks off"???

Evan
12-27-2008, 09:48 PM
"Yes but can you knock 10 bucks off"???

No kidding....I love DirecTV so much but the cost is insane. In 7 days I will have Time Warner again which is good but not glorious like DTV.

polandprzem
12-27-2008, 11:01 PM
just came back from the wedding 5am

BlackSwordsMan
12-27-2008, 11:53 PM
i hate mma

BlackSwordsMan
12-27-2008, 11:53 PM
dunno if this is a spoiler free thread but
the people I like lost

polandprzem
12-28-2008, 12:02 AM
fuck I haven;t seen silva-page fight :cuss:

angelbelow
12-28-2008, 12:10 AM
wtf is going on...

angelbelow
12-28-2008, 12:14 AM
dunno if this is a spoiler free thread but
the people I like lost

should be okay, this is the fight thread so i think discussing the fights as we watch them are okay.

BlackSwordsMan
12-28-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm only going to watch fights with gina carano and fedor now.

angelbelow
12-28-2008, 12:25 AM
man this event made me depressed.

desflood
12-28-2008, 01:57 AM
Well, three of my four picks went down in blazing agony. KTFO.

What. The. Hell.

BlackSwordsMan
12-28-2008, 02:28 AM
at least kongo won...

dbreiden83080
12-28-2008, 02:45 AM
WOW what a night of upsets

Rampage is back and Wandy is all but done. I wondered who was Wandy?? The guy who KO'd Jardine or the slow and old looking fighter that lost to Chuck, we got our answer tonight. Page i picked but was unsure of thanks to his mental problems of late but he delivered big time..

Forrest i feel bad for, he was in total control of that fight, but that's what happens when you are fighting a guy that has KO power and you don't. One shot can turn it all around. Rashad landed the shot, and finished on the ground, great job by him but Page will KO him in his next fight to reclaim the belt..

Frank Mir, WTF and then some. What a job by him, a terrific career defining performance by Mir. Nog looked old, slow and out of it basically from the opening bell.. Mir's standup never looked better.. Brock and Mir 2 is on BABY i can't wait....:toast:toast:toast:toast

robbie380
12-28-2008, 03:33 AM
WOW what a night of upsets

Rampage is back and Wandy is all but done. I wondered who was Wandy?? The guy who KO'd Jardine or the slow and old looking fighter that lost to Chuck, we got our answer tonight. Page i picked but was unsure of thanks to his mental problems of late but he delivered big time..

Forrest i feel bad for, he was in total control of that fight, but that's what happens when you are fighting a guy that has KO power and you don't. One shot can turn it all around. Rashad landed the shot, and finished on the ground, great job by him but Page will KO him in his next fight to reclaim the belt..

Frank Mir, WTF and then some. What a job by him, a terrific career defining performance by Mir. Nog looked old, slow and out of it basically from the opening bell.. Mir's standup never looked better.. Brock and Mir 2 is on BABY i can't wait....:toast:toast:toast:toast

that pretty much sums up how i feel. what a great night of fights! the other people in this thread are acting like someone just killed their dog.

ATRAIN
12-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Im happy on Page vs Wandy :). I went 4-5 on my picks. Mir was really impressive to say the least and yeah i cant wait for Brock to smash him.

Evan
12-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Awesome night of fights....just awesome. Looking around some blogs and forums and a lot of old pride fan boys are near suicidal.

http://www.fightlinker.com/pics/nogmir.jpg

Some serious changing of the guard going on right now with everyone.

The fights last night absolutely delivered....

By all accounts the Okami Lister fight was dreadful which is a shame because I am such a huge Okami fan.

And now for Captain obvious...Bring on Nog Vs Randy.

dbreiden83080
12-28-2008, 10:20 AM
I didn't get to see it live, did Brock jump into the ring to pump up the rematch, did anyone see??

Evan
12-28-2008, 10:30 AM
I didn't get to see it live, did Brock jump into the ring to pump up the rematch, did anyone see??

He stayed put and just clapped.

I was certain and in ring confrontation was coming but I guess he is staying away from as many "WWF" stuff as possible.

dbreiden83080
12-28-2008, 10:35 AM

I was certain and in ring confrontation was coming but I guess he is staying away from as many "WWF" stuff as possible.

Ahh, i thought he was gonna go all BJ Penn on Mir after the win..

ATRAIN
12-28-2008, 10:49 AM

Mir was the one that yelled at him through the cage and said "You have my Belt" hahah even though I want Brock to smash him, that was funny.

Ahh, i thought he was gonna go all BJ Penn on Mir after the win..

Or all St. Pierre confronting Matt Hughes saying " I wasss not imppresssed with dour perrrrformace"

LOL

dbreiden83080
12-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Mir was the one that yelled at him through the cage and said "You have my Belt" hahah even though I want Brock to smash him, that was funny.

Mir looked amazing, in that fight and Nog lets face it looked fuckin shot. What's he got left??

Or all St. Pierre confronting Matt Hughes saying " I wasss not imppresssed with dour perrrrformace"
LOL

And he actually didn't understand what Matt was saying about him, made that comment and said he was "Sorry" in the locker room later. Remember that was a huge selling angle for their rematch at UFC 65??

sa_butta
12-28-2008, 11:16 AM
I was so close to winning something on fantasy UFC....
Point Score: 246 Your Ranking: 23 out of 23830

I picked Evans to win by UD. Whoever picked that Mir fight is rolling in a Bentley this morning.

ATRAIN
12-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Mir looked amazing, in that fight and Nog lets face it looked fuckin shot. What's he got left??

And he actually didn't understand what Matt was saying about him, made that comment and said he was "Sorry" in the locker room later. Remember that was a huge selling angle for their rematch at UFC 65??

OH yeah im not talking anything away from MIR, he look Fanfuckingtastic in that fight. I was very impressed. As a fan of both fighters I was a little disappointed in Nog's performance. I see him bouncing back though. Last nights 3 main events were hard for me to cheer for one guy. I like all 6 fighters. Wandy got me into MMA some years back but I really wanted Page to win. It was nice to see MIR coming back to form again and his confidence level might be at the highest ever. I am worried for Brock right now but cant wait to see that fight. Forest looked really good and I still think he is the better overall fighter but he fucked up and against a guy like Shad you fuck up and your going to get your face pounded. I hope we see Page vs Rashad now except I dont see that happening just yet but who knows. Who do you guys think is next in line for the LHW title?

djohn14
12-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Hey guys, just made it home. Rampage...congrats....he just crushed that chip that was on his shoulder. My boy Kongo did good. He pounded that face in. He's got to be somewhere close in contention for the title. Mir looked great...thats all I can say. And Rashad...my gamble paid off. I thought he could finish Forrest and he did. I hate CB...I hate him. I thought he was tapping too when MM got him in the guillotine..but Oh well he did good. I hate him though. Also...Pat Berry. This isnt really important at all...but is a real tan white guy, or a really light black guy...or possibly both. Either way...good job Pat.

tlongII
12-28-2008, 12:32 PM
The guy that impressed me the most last night was Rashad. He is terrific! He's just too quick for anybody at 205 out there and he throws bombs. I think the fight that needs to happen is Rashad vs Spider.

ATRAIN
12-28-2008, 12:34 PM
OH yeah DB yeah I know GSP said sorry for those comments and he misunderstood but at that moment he did pull a WWE. No one does it better than Nick Diaz though.

ATRAIN
12-28-2008, 12:35 PM
The guy that impressed me the most last night was Rashad. He is terrific! He's just too quick for anybody at 205 out there and he throws bombs. I think the fight that needs to happen is Rashad vs Spider.

Yeah he is fucking quick and I really liked how he was switching southpaw to avoid punishment on his legs. Rampage needs to take notes if he ever fights Forest again.

dbreiden83080
12-28-2008, 12:40 PM

Rashad starts so damn slow is the only problem. And i say Page gets him. Page is a great technical boxer and counter-puncher who has a great chin, and is very explosive. In a stand up war, i love him to finish Evans..

OH yeah im not talking anything away from MIR, he look Fanfuckingtastic in that fight. I was very impressed. As a fan of both fighters I was a little disappointed in Nog's performance. I see him bouncing back though. Last nights 3 main events were hard for me to cheer for one guy. I like all 6 fighters. Wandy got me into MMA some years back but I really wanted Page to win. It was nice to see MIR coming back to form again and his confidence level might be at the highest ever. I am worried for Brock right now but cant wait to see that fight. Forest looked really good and I still think he is the better overall fighter but he fucked up and against a guy like Shad you fuck up and your going to get your face pounded. I hope we see Page vs Rashad now except I dont see that happening just yet but who knows. Who do you guys think is next in line for the LHW title?

I'm not that worried for Brock. It'll be a battle but he'll get it done. Nog's striking looked lousy against Tim and Herring. I wasn't shocked it looked terrible last night. I expected him to finish it on the ground, but Mir was too much on the feet. Brock i say will KO Frank though, overhand right from hell, game-over..

djohn14
12-28-2008, 12:46 PM
So who fights Rashad....No Chuck, no Jardine, no Silva, no Forrest, IMO it shouldnt but probably will be Rampage. I think it should be the winner of Machida-Thiago Silva.

dbreiden83080
12-28-2008, 12:47 PM
So who fights Rashad....No Chuck, no Jardine, no Silva, no Forrest, IMO it shouldnt but probably will be Rampage. I think it should be the winner of Machida-Thiago Silva.

Who has Machida beat to deserve a shot??

djohn14
12-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Who has Machida beat to deserve a shot??

Soku lol...jk. He has beaten everyone the UFC has put in front of him....(not trying to spark a debate...EVAN) and while not in exciting fashon...he beats em and thats the point. So has Thiago...and his has been exciting. Anyway they are both undefeated, so back to the question...who deserves it?

tlongII
12-28-2008, 12:58 PM
I think Rashad will KO Rampage. Rampage won't be able to hit him and will eventually leave himself wide open.

dbreiden83080
12-28-2008, 01:05 PM
I think Rashad will KO Rampage. Rampage won't be able to hit him and will eventually leave himself wide open.

I really doubt it. Page has a rock for a jaw and Evans just gives to many rds away. He was handily losing this fight until the 3rd. RD 2 was a big round for Forrest. Can't keep giving RDS away at this level and expect to KO everyone at some point..

Soku lol...jk. He has beaten everyone the UFC has put in front of him....(not trying to spark a debate...EVAN) and while not in exciting fashon...he beats em and thats the point. So has Thiago...and his has been exciting. Anyway they are both undefeated, so back to the question...who deserves it?

I want to see him in here with some of the bigger names before i see him get a shot. Depending on who's got the belt but, Forrest, maybe Page, Evans, see what Wandy has left for him.. Machida has a few problems. 1) his style is basically hit and run, he is compfortable winning a lot of decisions, and from what i have seen he does not have big KO power. 2) Man barely speaks english. Boring style plus language problem equals a marketing nightmare..

djohn14
12-28-2008, 01:15 PM
I want to see him in here with some of the bigger names before i see him get a shot. Depending on who's got the belt but, Forrest, maybe Page, Evans, see what Wandy has left for him.. Machida has a few problems. 1) his style is basically hit and run, he is compfortable winning a lot of decisions, and from what i have seen he does not have big KO power. 2) Man barely speaks english. Boring style plus language problem equals a marketing nightmare..[/QUOTE]

Yea its a boring style...and I dont want him to get the shot. Im just saying I feel he is more deserving then Forrest...(I hate when people get rematches right away)...Rampage (He did great and I wouldnt be upset to see him get it, but after what he has been throw...I make him prove it in one more fight)...Chuck isnt there...no way Wandy or Jardine gets it....So IMO its Rampage or the winner of Silva-Machida.

tlongII
12-28-2008, 01:30 PM
I really doubt it. Page has a rock for a jaw and Evans just gives to many rds away. He was handily losing this fight until the 3rd. RD 2 was a big round for Forrest. Can't keep giving RDS away at this level and expect to KO everyone at some point..

Forrest won the first 2 rounds, but not in dominating fashion. Rashad just takes time to figure his opponent out and then attacks. He's never lost so it seems to be working pretty good for him! :lol

dbreiden83080
12-28-2008, 01:34 PM
My boy Kongo did good. He pounded that face in. He's got to be somewhere close in contention for the title.

He looked great and i have wanted to see him and Brock for some time. Clash of styles that should make for an exciting fight. Kongo is one intimidating MoFo..

dbreiden83080
12-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Forrest won the first 2 rounds, but not in dominating fashion. Rashad just takes time to figure his opponent out and then attacks. He's never lost so it seems to be working pretty good for him! :lol

He dominated RD 2, that was one sided start to finish Evans barely threw.. And that is really my point. While he is taking his time, he is giving RDs away. What happens when he is behind in a fight and the big punch isn't coming??

anakha
12-28-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm not that worried for Brock. It'll be a battle but he'll get it done. Nog's striking looked lousy against Tim and Herring. I wasn't shocked it looked terrible last night. I expected him to finish it on the ground, but Mir was too much on the feet. Brock i say will KO Frank though, overhand right from hell, game-over..

IMO, in a matchup between Brock and Mir, Brock needs to test, in order: Mir's chin, his clinch defense, and his cardio.

Even against this newfangled Standup!Mir, I like Brock's chances better standing up than on the mat, where Mir is at his most dangerous. Brock's knockdown power and speed should give him the advantage on his feet against Mir (who struck me as a bit of a plodder last night, despite the improved technical striking).

I still maintain that the knee Brock threw in the clinch at Couture right before the knockdown punch did more to hurt Couture than that punch itself. I haven't seen Mir do much work in the clinch yet, and with those knees Brock can throw, I'd like to see how effective that tactic can be against Mir.

Mir himself said after last night's fight that he was worried about reaching the latter rounds - which hints that he still may have issues, cardio-wise. As long as Brock doesn't go 'RAAAAAAARGH, HULK SMASH' early in the fight, trying to wear Mir out may be another worthy tactic to try.

djohn14
12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
He looked great and i have wanted to see him and Brock for some time. Clash of styles that should make for an exciting fight. Kongo is one intimidating MoFo..

I know...and for someone so big....he sure is soft spoken.

dbreiden83080
12-28-2008, 02:32 PM
That Kongo fight went too long i thought. IT was painfully brutal GNP..