PDA

View Full Version : Tmac to see Dr. James Andrews

sribb43
12-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Uh-Oh....:wow

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55747/20081201/mcgrady_rockets_look_for_second_opinion/

Rockets guard Tracy McGrady sat out Sunday night's loss to the Nuggets, and will fly to Alabama on Monday to meet with Dr. James Andrews.

"I think it's a smart decision," McGrady said. "I'm just not ready to play. With the limping and everything, I'm not healthy enough to play anymore. It's good that I'm going to see the doctor on Monday and get a second opinion, and then we'll make a decision on the future."

Team doctors claim that McGrady can best get back to full strength by playing. However, the Rockets hope he can return from Alabama with a new treatment plan.

"There's got to be," McGrady said. "If I'm limping, I can't continue to play my career by limping. There has to be some sort of other alternative that we can do, and I'm sure he has another answer."

balli
12-01-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm not relishing the reality of anybody on Houston being hurt, but I truly don't understand the pre-season optimism of this board's Rockets contingent. You had to see this or something else coming. There was no way they were get through the year with Yao, T-Mac and Artest intact.

sribb43
12-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Team doctors claim that McGrady can best get back to full strength by playing

i'm not a doctor but this makes no sense

IronMexican
12-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Gotta feel bad for him, though. It was a bit comical watching Rocket fans base their entire season on Ron Artest, Yao Ming and Tracy Mcgrady.

sook
12-01-2008, 03:55 PM
i'm not a doctor but this makes no sense

thats what they said about Grant Hill too, and he almost ended up dying.

I agree that T-Mac can't play like this it is rather painful to watch him. As long as we stay +.500 before the All Star break i will stay content

Findog
12-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Ruh Roh!

Indazone
12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
The annual carnage continues.

Although it makes me wonder if the training staff and the medical staff at the Rockets know what they are doing. Do they in fact work on balancing the muscles? What about balance training? I know that Manu has incredible balance with the Spurs and can do amazing things with his dribble. What about T-Mac?

sribb43
12-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if his other knee doesnt start bothering him bc it was compensating for the weaker knee

TheMadHatter
12-01-2008, 04:33 PM
It's time to start looking for a Tmac replacement IMHO.

The Franchise
12-01-2008, 05:18 PM
It's time to start looking for a Tmac replacement IMHO.

If this doctor says he is alright then I'm inclined to agree.

Indazone
12-01-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm inclined to think that this new doctor will find something that the inept Houston doctors missed.

DaDakota
12-01-2008, 05:28 PM
They scoped his knee.....took out some loose particles in MAY...Kobe had the same surgery last year in July and played 82 games.

Brandon Roy had it just this August, this is a MINOR procedure....heck I had it done and was fine in 3 months.....it is no big deal.

Unless....you sit on your arse and don't rehab, which is what Tmac did all summer, so now he is playing like a scardy cat and is afraid to jump off of it......even though the doctors looked in there and found no damage.

The only thing hurt on Tmac is his ego because he is out of shape and being abused by scrub players...

But if Andrews confirming what Dr. Clayton already says...which he did before the surgery too...then Tmac can finally get to work and rehab the knee and come back strong.

DD

SpursDynasty
12-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Why do the Rockets depend on this clown so much? Make Steve Francis the center of the team again.

I just looked at his career stats. He's never shot better than 45% from the floor. What a waste of money. I'm puzzled as to why he gets paid the way he does. If Jacque Vaughan got as many shots per game as McGrady, he'd be a 45% shooter too scoring 20 a game.

sook
12-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Why do the Rockets depend on this clown so much? Make Steve Francis the center of the team again.

I just looked at his career stats. He's never shot better than 45% from the floor. What a waste of money. I'm puzzled as to why he gets paid the way he does. If Jacque Vaughan got as many shots per game as McGrady, he'd be a 45% shooter too scoring 20 a game.

I missed you on saturday..where were you?

Biernutz
12-01-2008, 09:24 PM
They scoped his knee.....took out some loose particles in MAY...Kobe had the same surgery last year in July and played 82 games.

Brandon Roy had it just this August, this is a MINOR procedure....heck I had it done and was fine in 3 months.....it is no big deal.

Unless....you sit on your arse and don't rehab, which is what Tmac did all summer, so now he is playing like a scardy cat and is afraid to jump off of it......even though the doctors looked in there and found no damage.

The only thing hurt on Tmac is his ego because he is out of shape and being abused by scrub players...

But if Andrews confirming what Dr. Clayton already says...which he did before the surgery too...then Tmac can finally get to work and rehab the knee and come back strong.

DD

Could be that T-Mac is a Drama Queen who can't take a little discomfort.

Indazone
12-01-2008, 09:28 PM
could be that DD is smoking crack. I had a friend get an exploratory on her knee and it never went back to the way it was. All they did was go in for a little look see, trim some damaged cartlidge and suck out debris.

ShoogarBear
12-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Is he a shrink?

Hemotivo
12-01-2008, 11:11 PM
trade tmac

Many PackYao
12-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Is he a shrink?
nope, a gynecologist.:p:

Roxsfan
12-02-2008, 01:10 AM
tmac needs to man up or retire.

DaDakota
12-02-2008, 09:40 AM
could be that DD is smoking crack. I had a friend get an exploratory on her knee and it never went back to the way it was. All they did was go in for a little look see, trim some damaged cartlidge and suck out debris.

This is a bigger procedure than Tmac had done...all he had were loose particles taken out.

And Andrews confirms it....Tmac needs to work the knee out......to get it healthy.

TMac has never had to work hard his entire life, everything on the court comes easy to him....now, he has to work to do the things he used to take for granted.

Let's see if he can muster the courage to come back strong like Wade, Kobe, Roy, and tons of other players have done after this MINOR surgery.

Sorry, Tracy...no miracle cure, well other than HARD WORK !!! Now get busy earning your 21 mill....

Could be that T-Mac is a Drama Queen who can't take a little discomfort.

Are you serious? Of course that is it !!!

DD

MrChug
12-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Ruh Roh!

LOLOL

That made me laugh...I needed it this morning :lol

The Franchise
12-02-2008, 01:27 PM
tmac needs to man up or retire.

That sums it up for the little fag.

ShoogarBear
12-02-2008, 01:54 PM