PDA

View Full Version : Bradford or McCoy?

stretch
12-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Earlier in the year, I felt that McCoy was better without question whatsoever.

I still think Colt is a better all-around QB, and Bradford's stats are somewhat inflated because of their extremely pass heavy offense, but I'm very fascinated with Bradford and his great ability to read defenses and attack the weak spots. That is a quality that will definitely translate to the NFL.

McCoy is very well rounded with few glaring weaknesses, and about the only weakness I see is his arm strength, but that is something that can still be developed more, much like Tom Brady did. He is also very mobile.

I don't think there is any question that these are the two best QBs in the nation though. Maybe you can make a case for Tebow, but that's about it.

Who is the better college QB?

Who has more tools for the NFL?

IronMexican
12-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Bradford is unbelievable, imo. Best QB in NCAA

stretch
12-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Bradford is unbelievable, imo. Best QB in NCAA

Bradford never really seems to force a pass, which coupled with his ability to read defenses, makes him a damn good QB to me. I'm extremely curious to see how he will turn out in the NFL.

Dr. Gonzo
12-01-2008, 05:13 PM
From what I've seen, and I've seen very little college football this season, I think Colt is the better QB. He has the ability to scramble and make plays a lot better than Bradford.

Blake
12-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Bradford's skill set will translate better on the pro level.

Stafford's skill set will also translate better than McCoy's.

monosylab1k
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
What exactly has Matthew Stafford done that's impressive?

He's the second coming of Jeff George - cannon arm, looks great in practice, never delivers in a real game.

monosylab1k
12-01-2008, 05:38 PM
I'll bet my life that Colt McCoy has a better pro career than Matthew Stafford.

Bradford looks like the real deal, though.

Blake
12-01-2008, 05:44 PM
I'll bet my life that Colt McCoy has a better pro career than Matthew Stafford.

Bradford looks like the real deal, though.

I'll bet you your life that Stafford gets drafted before Colt.

IronMexican
12-01-2008, 05:45 PM
As far as college goes, though, Bradford is the better QB, but Colt is more valuable to his team.

stretch
12-01-2008, 05:48 PM

Chad Pennington got drafted before Tom Brady. Look how that turned out, dumbass.

monosylab1k
12-01-2008, 05:51 PM

of course he will, the guy's got a missile launcher for an arm. but name me anything significant he's actually done with that arm.

Stafford will wow everyone at the workouts, just like akili smith and drew henson and other NFL greats like that.

DaDakota
12-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Too close to call but I will take Colt because he can run too.

DD

2centsworth
12-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Put Colt on OU team and OU is just as good if not better. Put Bradford on UT and I don't think UT is as good

Blake
12-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Chad Pennington got drafted before Tom Brady. Look how that turned out, dumbass.

and the sun looks yellow. thanks for the usual worthless post.

Blake
12-01-2008, 09:47 PM
of course he will, the guy's got a missile launcher for an arm. but name me anything significant he's actually done with that arm.

Stafford will wow everyone at the workouts, just like akili smith and drew henson and other NFL greats like that.

Stafford's been an NFL prospect since he came out of high school.

I highly doubt that McCoy is successful at the next level. Stafford's the one with more NFL potential.

Blake
12-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Put Colt on OU team and OU is just as good if not better. Put Bradford on UT and I don't think UT is as good

UT fan?

dirk4mvp
12-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Bradford. His ability to be patient and wait for the right time to strike is amazing.

samikeyp
12-01-2008, 11:44 PM

I think Bradford is just as good with the Horns.

IMO, Bradford is the better QB, Colt is the better all-around football player.

stretch
12-02-2008, 09:58 AM
and the sun looks yellow. thanks for the usual worthless post.

um, can you say fail?

stretch
12-02-2008, 10:06 AM
IMO, Bradford is the better QB, Colt is the better all-around football player.

I'd say calling him a better passer would be more accurate, as opposed to a better QB. I think its unfair when people instantly relate passing to being a good QB. A QB's job is to lead the offense, which includes passing, handing off, calling plays, audibles, blitz pick-ups, running himself, and simply making plays when things break down.

Now I'm not saying Bradford can't do all of that. I guess its more directed to the retard saying Stafford will be so much better than McCoy when he really hasn't proven much of anything other than a rocket arm, which as mono has given proof of, means nothing.

Blake
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
um, can you say fail?

yeah, pretty much every time I see you post

Blake
12-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Now I'm not saying Bradford can't do all of that. I guess its more directed to the retard saying Stafford will be so much better than McCoy when he really hasn't proven much of anything other than a rocket arm, which as mono has given proof of, means nothing.

I like how Sam I Am here is calling out someone else as being a retard.

It's called 'an opinion'. You and Nell bump heads together and try to figure it out.

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Bradford will be a top 5 QB in the NFL. I just hope he lands somewhere in the NFC.