PDA

View Full Version : Do you get a Christmas money bonus?

JudynTX
12-01-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't. :depressed Just time off. :toast

balli
12-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Nope. In fact I'm probably getting laid off shortly after Christmas. Bad time for the entire engineering/construction/architecture industry.

atxrocker
12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
i'm hoping, first year that i'm with this company so we'll find out i suppose.

Bigzax
12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Nope. In fact I'm probably getting laid off shortly after Christmas. Bad time for the entire engineering/construction/architecture industry.

damn dude...sorry to hear that...goodluck to you!

ORION
12-01-2008, 05:16 PM
I get days off plus department bonus and company bonus.

tonylongoriafan
12-01-2008, 05:17 PM

that sucks for you...we usually get 2 or 3 weeks salary plus the time off...last year we got a month's salary! i work for a company also in the construction industry, i guess it's a crap shoot.

BacktoBasics
12-01-2008, 05:18 PM
I'll get nothing and like it.

JoeChalupa
12-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Nothing this year.

mexicanjunior
12-01-2008, 05:30 PM
My bonus is not getting fired...

bendmz
12-01-2008, 05:35 PM
I don't. :depressed Just time off. :toast

would that be with PAY ????

florige
12-01-2008, 05:49 PM
that sucks for you...we usually get 2 or 3 weeks salary plus the time off...last year we got a month's salary! i work for a company also in the construction industry, i guess it's a crap shoot.

Damn talk about rubbing it in, Sheeesh!!!

Soul_Patch
12-01-2008, 05:52 PM
i get nada.

Drachen
12-01-2008, 05:53 PM
We work 4 hour days for the last two weeks of the year. That is all.

florige
12-01-2008, 05:56 PM
I get days off plus department bonus and company bonus.

Orion you totally suck dude. Just thought I would let you know that.

mrsmaalox
12-01-2008, 06:34 PM
I just take my hubby's checkbook and write myself a hefty bonus check every year.

I. Hustle
12-01-2008, 06:36 PM
When I worked in Austin we used to get get 5% of what we made the previous year and then a week later we would get a check for 3%. That is the only job where I got a bonus. It was very nice.

I. Hustle
12-01-2008, 06:37 PM
I just take my hubby's checkbook and write myself a hefty bonus check every year. Then I spend that money on I. Hustle.

Tell him we need more than last year!

PakiDan
12-01-2008, 06:50 PM
I asked my boss that question after reading this thread... he laughed and slammed his door shut.

leemajors
12-01-2008, 06:56 PM
no bonus, but "winter shutdown week" is from christmas eve to new year's day, and is paid double time + one half. very nice.

balli
12-01-2008, 07:14 PM
damn dude...sorry to hear that...goodluck to you!
Thanks man, but it'll be all good. If it happens, I used to work as a hardwood floor installer for a company that's now owned by a life long buddy of mine and I can easily jump back into that game. Labor actually sounds pretty good. Worst case scenario I got some wealthy ass grandparents.

jack sommerset
12-01-2008, 08:29 PM
My friends boss is cheap but last year he gave out iphones worth 400 bucks. My friend was happy until she relized the iphone cost 3 times more a month for service than her old one.

If you don't get a x-mas bonus or really a end of the year bonus you should look for another job. Im sure there are some legit reason in some cases but most cases its disrespectful and shows the employees you don't give a shit. A few hours off durning the Holidays is not a bonus. Companys who do that generally have no use for the employee durning the x-mas season any reason.

cherylsteele
12-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Bonus???

exstatic
12-02-2008, 12:43 AM
I've gotten one the last three years, but honestly, I'm glad to have a job right now. I'm not counting on a bonus or a raise this year, so if they come, it'll be a real nice surprise.

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2008, 12:47 AM
i get to work christmas, is that considered a bonus?

MrChug
12-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Stock options. :depressed

squire
12-02-2008, 01:01 AM
We were gathered together for a break "on the clock" in the lunch room and told that a few of us would be getting a certificate of service which we can put on our resume. I got one. It said "Certificate of Service" in old English font and was signed by my shaft leader. They said such an award normally would come with a $10 gift certificate but corporate cutbacks nixed that.

So if by bonus you mean 8 minutes on the clock and a piece of paper then yes, yes I get a bonus.

atxrocker
12-02-2008, 01:30 AM
We were gathered together for a break "on the clock" in the lunch room and told that a few of us would be getting a certificate of service which we can put on our resume. I got one. It said "Certificate of Service" in old English font and was signed by my shaft leader. They said such an award normally would come with a $10 gift certificate but corporate cutbacks nixed that.

So if by bonus you mean 8 minutes on the clock and a piece of paper then yes, yes I get a bonus.

PLEASE tell me that you're bullshitting?

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2008, 01:52 AM

A slap in the face would save the paper and have the same effect

squire
12-02-2008, 03:35 AM
PLEASE tell me that you're bullshitting?

Dude it was kind of outrageous. Stores after hours usually don't have that much electricity but the entire time this was happening I was kinda waiting for something wild to happen. Like they start laughing and say jk. My friends at work said the same thing. I mean I got an autograph from a guy that makes 85 cents more per hour and then everybody clapped and I went back to work for two more hours.

Anyways yeah pretty much a slap in the face.

MannyIsGod
12-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Full Tilt is giving me a 600 dollar end of year bonus. Yeah baby.

MannyIsGod
12-02-2008, 09:06 AM
My friends boss is cheap but last year he gave out iphones worth 400 bucks. My friend was happy until she relized the iphone cost 3 times more a month for service than her old one.

If you don't get a x-mas bonus or really a end of the year bonus you should look for another job. Im sure there are some legit reason in some cases but most cases its disrespectful and shows the employees you don't give a shit. A few hours off durning the Holidays is not a bonus. Companys who do that generally have no use for the employee durning the x-mas season any reason.

lol what?

There are a lot of people who are going to be happy just to have jobs in a couple of months and you're telling them to quit over a bonus? Leave the life coaching to B2B cause you're doing it all wrong.

MannyIsGod
12-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Damn squire you didn't even get the reach around. Thats harsh.

ididnotnothat
12-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Christmas is not about getting a damn bonus.

MrChug
12-02-2008, 09:51 AM

Get the fuck off it...it was a question. If you don't wanna answer it, don't.

If the thread title was "Is Christmas About Bonuses?" then we wanted to hear you.

It wasn't.

JudynTX
12-02-2008, 10:00 AM
would that be with PAY ????

Yes, with pay.

I just take my hubby's checkbook and write myself a hefty bonus check every year.

Nice! So you "work" for your husband? :eyebrows

mrsmaalox
12-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Nice! So you "work" for your husband? :eyebrows

Heck no! I don't even live with my husband :lol I suppose it's more like "severance pay"!

ididnotnothat
12-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Get the fuck off it...it was a question. If you don't wanna answer it, don't.

If the thread title was "Is Christmas About Bonuses?" then we wanted to hear you.

It wasn't.

That was my answer so :flipoff And this isn't your thread. :rolleyes

MoSpur
12-02-2008, 10:30 AM
We use to, but not anymore.

bus driver
12-02-2008, 10:30 AM
we usually get a bonus but added to our regular pay, but this year they just cuts us a check. Same amount though.

MrChug
12-02-2008, 10:36 AM
That was my answer so :flipoff And this isn't your thread. :rolleyes

Your answer didn't even answer the question and YUP, and your answer was fuckin stupid.

JoeChalupa
12-02-2008, 11:29 AM

I'll take that as a no.

JudynTX
12-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I'll take that as a no.

Why are people arguing over an xmas bonus? :lol

MannyIsGod
12-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Because thats how Spurstalk rolls.

JudynTX
12-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Because thats how Spurstalk rolls.

Meanies :lol

gay abc
12-02-2008, 01:43 PM
:wow - i'm amazed at how people don't get one - law firms always give a "year-end" bonus (at least the ones i've worked for)

mine will be 7.5% ($6k)

:santahat

JoeChalupa
12-02-2008, 01:47 PM
I've actually only received a Christmas bonus a few times in all my years of employment so I'm surprised by how many are surprised that many employers don't give Christmas bonuses.

JoeChalupa
12-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Why are people arguing over an xmas bonus? :lol

:lmao Somebody got upset because they didn't answer the question correctly?

ATRAIN
12-02-2008, 01:53 PM
no bonus, but "winter shutdown week" is from christmas eve to new year's day, and is paid double time + one half. very nice.

thats pretty nice

My last job we used to get a bonus. My current job lol yeah right. I have to work xmas day and the day after (which is observed as a holiday here) so I get double time and a half along with being on call the weekend after (getting 24 hours of OT for that). Last year I did that for Xmas and new years with no time off and made around 3 grand in OT. That was a bonus for me.

JudynTX
12-02-2008, 01:56 PM
:wow - i'm amazed at how people don't get one - law firms always give a "year-end" bonus (at least the ones i've worked for)

mine will be 7.5% ($6k)

$6k bonus? Damn! Show me the check stub, don't believe it. :lol

:lmao Somebody got upset because they didn't answer the question correctly?

Good grief! :lol

CavsSuperFan
12-02-2008, 02:04 PM
I have never received a cash bonus…When the company has made huge profits they gave us a family day off with pay…

ATRAIN
12-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Heck no! I don't even live with my husband :lol I suppose it's more like "severance pay"!

I would pay you to not live with me too

gay abc
12-02-2008, 02:17 PM
$6k bonus? Damn! Show me the check stub, don't believe it. :lol

:lol that's what my contract states and i could not tell you the last time i saw a check stub, everything here is on the firm's intranet

http://skadden.com :king

Horn Tooter
12-02-2008, 02:23 PM

mine will be 7.5% ($6k)

Last year I cleared 10K in bonuses and I'm negotiating for more.

mrsmaalox
12-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I would pay you to not live with me too

:lol Well then pay up baby, or I'm moving in!

ATRAIN
12-02-2008, 02:27 PM
:lol Well then pay up baby, or I'm moving in!

Well I didnt make the mistake on marrying you so sorry no money for you.

angel_luv
12-02-2008, 02:27 PM
At one of my jobs, we usually we get $25 as a Christmas gift. I don't know if we will or not this year.
I am pretty sure that at that job there will be no employee party this year. But then again, the Scrooges stole our desk stool, so the party pooper bit should not surprise me.

(They just confiscated the stool- thus the bitter undertones of my post. :lol )

At my other job, they always give us a nice, catered lunch and a Christmas gift from the company as well as door prizes ( everyone wins one.)

ashbeeigh
12-02-2008, 02:33 PM
My Christmas bonus came the day after Barack Obama won the election... "We're cutting your hours, making you part time and taking away your benefits and paid holidays....good luck finding another job. Oh, and since you don't work full time anymore you can count out that New Orleans trip you've been planning since you were hired in April."

ATRAIN
12-02-2008, 02:38 PM
My Christmas bonus came the day after Barack Obama won the election... "We're cutting your hours, making you part time and taking away your benefits and paid holidays....good luck finding another job. Oh, and since you don't work full time anymore you can count out that New Orleans trip you've been planning since you were hired in April."

Damn that sucks, tell Maalox to write you a check since she is bragging.

ashbeeigh
12-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Damn that sucks, tell Maalox to write you a check since she is bragging.

Worst part is my boss isn't even considering me for some seasonal tax season crap. Whatever dude. It's her loss.

ATRAIN
12-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Worst part is my boss isn't even considering me for some seasonal tax season crap. Whatever dude. It's her loss.

That sucks ash....dont worry ill take you to new orleans but you have to drive and pay for gas.

PakiDan
12-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Full Tilt is giving me a 600 dollar end of year bonus. Yeah baby.

You work at Full Tilt? :lol

jcrod
12-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I get a Bonus twice a yr, in June and this month. Suppose to be an extra paycheck or roughly 5% each time.

Sapphire
12-02-2008, 08:06 PM
$75. But I'm always happy to get it, and these days, just having a job is a bonus. My company is huge, so $75 X all of us is a big chunk of money.

Mr. Peabody
12-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I used to get a 15k to 25k bonus at the end of the year.:depressed

I really enjoy having my own business, but not getting a bonus at the end of the year kind of sucks.

Das Texan
12-03-2008, 12:26 AM
If the oil and gas industry hadnt been getting ass raped over the coals the last couple of months I might be getting a bonus, that being said, I dont forsee one coming, though I have only been with my current company for about 6 months.

My former boss laughed when we asked if we got a bonus in previous years.

TDMVPDPOY
12-03-2008, 04:53 AM
stimulus check comming in next week i think for aussies.....i dunno who qualifies for it, but damn it i think i should be able to get since i did pay taxes last year.

Kori Ellis
12-03-2008, 06:00 AM
timvp is paying me a Christmas bonus of $12K for running SpursTalk.

CubanMustGo
12-03-2008, 10:21 AM
timvp is paying me a Christmas bonus of $12K for running SpursTalk.

:wow

Last year I got a 9% bonus, this year we're supposed to be getting something but probably not as much given the economy (even if the company did report record revenue and profits for the year). Don't find out until the 15th.

101A
12-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Have a business I own with my brother; we "bonus" ourselves at the end of the year depending on how the company is doing. Our employees (30) get $10 bonus for each month they have worked for us - most have been with us over 5 years, one for 15 - it adds up.

The employees will get their bonus (it's not contractual or anything - but they'd be down if it didn't happen), but we've lost a couple of decent sized accounts in the last quarter; mine and my brother's will have to wait.

MannyIsGod
12-03-2008, 11:19 AM
I want my bonus for posting on Spurstalk.

ATRAIN
12-03-2008, 11:21 AM
I want my bonus for posting on Spurstalk.

You already got your snowflake what more do you want? :lol

fatsack
12-03-2008, 12:26 PM
i still have a job that pays decent and provides good insurance benefits... these days, I'll take it and keep my mouth shut.

mrose31
12-03-2008, 02:06 PM
We don't get our bonuses until March with our raises. They said they were both going to be less this year, but we would get them. If I don't get layed off before then and get anything I will be happy. We had 4 layoffs last year my department has half the staff and next year we are suppose to have 4 times as much work as last year. So I would think my job is safe except every layoff comes from corporate headquarters not from the VP within the building.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-04-2008, 12:31 AM
I wish I had a job so I can complain about not getting a bonus...

ploto
12-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Never got a bonus in my life but I do not work in the corporate, profit-making world.