PDA

View Full Version : UFC 91 2nd biggest PPV Ever

dbreiden83080
12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
I had a feeling White was being overly optimistic talking about this being the biggest PPV ever, in this rotten economy, still did really well though..

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2008/11/26/ufc-91-no-2-mma-pay-per-view-ever/

cool cat
12-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I was surprised that they were predicting / hyping it to be the biggest buyrate ever.

Outside of the main event it really didn't have the big name stars. Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson that’s still a "fight night" fight for me. Still a very good card and we got to see all the undercard fights which was a plus.

dbreiden83080
12-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I was surprised that they were predicting / hyping it to be the biggest buyrate ever.

Outside of the main event it really didn't have the big name stars. Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson that’s still a "fight night" fight for me. Still a very good card and we got to see all the undercard fights which was a plus.

Yeah the UFC 91 card was not stacked enough, combined with this economy to net over a mil buys. Plus it is more expensive now than it was when Chuck and Tito fought in the 2nd fight which has the current buy-rate record for MMA. Was 5 bucks cheaper in most areas then, as opposed to now. Since the UFC has events every month, they really should all be under 40 bucks, it is too expensive.. I don't know why they can't be around 30 bucks.. I know a lot of casual fans that never buy the PPV's because 45 bucks is just too damn much money.. De la Hoya and Manny is like 50 bucks but there is like one big boxing event a year now, MMA there is like 10.. Personally i think the jacked up prices has only turned away causual fans and caused countless serious fans to try and find ways to steal it over the internet..

BlackSwordsMan
12-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah the UFC 91 card was not stacked enough, combined with this economy to net over a mil buys. Plus it is more expensive now than it was when Chuck and Tito fought in the 2nd fight which has the current buy-rate record for MMA. Was 5 bucks cheaper in most areas then, as opposed to now. Since the UFC has events every month, they really should all be under 40 bucks, it is too expensive.. I don't know why they can't be around 30 bucks.. I know a lot of casual fans that never buy the PPV's because 45 bucks is just too damn much money.. De la Hoya and Manny is like 50 bucks but there is like one big boxing event a year now, MMA there is like 10.. Personally i think the jacked up prices has only turned away causual fans and caused countless serious fans to try and find ways to steal it over the internet..

agreed with everything you said and it sucks paying 50$ and you get shit like AA vs Sylvia 2 and 3
That was the last ppv I ever bought

dbreiden83080
12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
agreed with everything you said and it sucks paying 50$ and you get shit like AA vs Sylvia 2 and 3
That was the last ppv I ever bought

Yeah, i don't get why they don't drastically lower the PPV price.. They would get so many more buys if they did. Someone flipping through their channels on a Sat night, that stumbles across a UFC PPV to order may be interested somewhat, until they see 45-50 bucks and in all likely-hood say "The hell with it" I know several people that refuse to order because of the price..

BlackSwordsMan
12-02-2008, 11:59 PM
I also don't get why they don't lower the price a week later when they keep showing it on PPV.