PDA

View Full Version : Tech inferiority complex....

Cant_Be_Faded
12-01-2008, 07:59 PM
This is the last direct message I will give a tech fan on this board. Because your arguments are whack, just like your team.

The rock-paper-scissor argument does not really work against Texas in this situation. OU beat an overrated team in an environment they are invincible in. And Tech beat the number 2 team in an environment they are invincible in.

Tech got ass speelunked on national television in a manner NO top 5 team should ever lose. UT actually came back from the most disgraceful performance of the season and it took the clutchest catch in Lubbock history to put us down. Noone ever said Tech can't ball at night in Lubbock. He'll, ya'll beat OU last year.

But this is the end. Not one single writer, or football analyst has given you a shred of credit, and the only reason you're still ranked 7 is because you had a comeback win against Baylor and won in OVERTIME against nebraska.

You guys suck, and are lucky to be ranked 7. Maybe in 4 or 5 years of winning like this you will be one of us elite big twelve south teams, but you suck.

Repeat: Your Team SUCKS.

/end rant.

The Reckoning
12-01-2008, 08:18 PM
ap poll puts utah ahead of tech

ha.

johngateswhiteley
12-01-2008, 08:33 PM
This is the last direct message I will give a tech fan on this board. Because your arguments are whack, just like your team.

The rock-paper-scissor argument does not really work against Texas in this situation. OU beat an overrated team in an environment they are invincible in. And Tech beat the number 2 team in an environment they are invincible in.

Tech got ass speelunked on national television in a manner NO top 5 team should ever lose. UT actually came back from the most disgraceful performance of the season and it took the clutchest catch in Lubbock history to put us down. Noone ever said Tech can't ball at night in Lubbock. He'll, ya'll beat OU last year.

But this is the end. Not one single writer, or football analyst has given you a shred of credit, and the only reason you're still ranked 7 is because you had a comeback win against Baylor and won in OVERTIME against nebraska.

You guys suck, and are lucky to be ranked 7. Maybe in 4 or 5 years of winning like this you will be one of us elite big twelve south teams, but you suck.

/end rant.

that is pretty accurate, actually. tekk was fortunate to have their season work out the way it had. the best team in tekk history...and nobody gives a shit and nothing to show for it.

Blake
12-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech got ass speelunked on national television in a manner NO top 5 team should ever lose.

national TV: 2003: OU 65 #5 UT 13

how did that taste?

I got another serving if you want seconds.

StylisticS
12-01-2008, 09:14 PM
This is why I was laughing at people on the coasts and around the nation that was not familiar with Big 12 football. What OU did to Tech was not surprising to anyone in here. Tech lays an egg every time they play in Austin or Norman and they will an egg next year in Austin. They play their asses off against these two teams in Lubbock but they assume the fetal position in Norman and/or Austin.

Next year they will go back to what they are use to. Being 3rd or 4th in the South and going some place between 7-5 and 9-3

cash459
12-01-2008, 09:18 PM
how many times has Texas won in Norman?

cash459
12-01-2008, 09:21 PM
national TV: 2003: OU 65 #5 UT 13

how did that taste?

I got another serving if you want seconds.

id like to see another :toast

The Reckoning
12-01-2008, 09:28 PM
how many times has Texas won in Norman?

out of three times theyve played there, twice.

Blake
12-01-2008, 09:29 PM
id like to see another :toast

2004 Orange Bowl......away from Norman........national TV

USC 55 OU 19

Blake
12-01-2008, 09:30 PM
out of three times theyve played there, twice.

I dont think he needed you to answer that, seeing as how those two wins were probably before you were even born

The Reckoning
12-01-2008, 09:31 PM
:lol at referring to past years for ammunition

Blake
12-01-2008, 09:32 PM
This is why I was laughing at people on the coasts and around the nation that was not familiar with Big 12 football. What OU did to Tech was not surprising to anyone in here. Tech lays an egg every time they play in Austin or Norman and they will an egg next year in Austin. They play their asses off against these two teams in Lubbock but they assume the fetal position in Norman and/or Austin.

Next year they will go back to what they are use to. Being 3rd or 4th in the South and going some place between 7-5 and 9-3

cant wait til OU and UT have had enough of giving up revenue to Dallas in that dump they call the Cotton Bowl

Blake
12-01-2008, 09:37 PM

I think referring to games in the last 5 years with the same coaches is much more relevant than your reference of games that happened before World War I

I'm pretty much done with this thread.

Samey, for the record, this is what I mean by arrogant UT fan.

cash459
12-01-2008, 10:01 PM

in that case, remind me again who won THIS year? :lol

The Reckoning
12-01-2008, 10:28 PM
looks like the cotton bowl isnt going anywhere...with the help of tech, of course.

Texas Tech, Baylor being considered for non-conference game at Cotton Bowl stadium

2:27 PM Sat, Nov 29, 2008 | Permalink (http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/11/texas-tech-baylor-being-considered-for-n.html) | Yahoo! Buzz (http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/dallas_morning/http%253A%252F%252Fcollegesportsblog.dallasnews.co m%252Farchives%252F2008%252F11%252Ftexas-tech-baylor-being-considered-for-n.html%253Fnpc)
Brandon George http://www.dallasnews.com/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail ([email protected]) http://www.dallasnews.com/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Texas Tech and Baylor are two of several teams being considered by Cotton Bowl stadium representatives for a possible non-conference game to be played during the State Fair of Texas.

Stadium representatives have spoken to several top BCS schools over the last two weeks, working to schedule a game for the first week of the State Fair, which begins Friday, Sept. 25, 2009. The possibilities include a potential SEC-Big 12 matchup between Tech, Baylor or Oklahoma State against LSU, Alabama or Tennessee. But other BCS programs are in the mix as well.

Some of the talk has centered on possibly playing a Thursday night game on ESPN the day before the Fair opens.

Tech is scheduled to play at Houston on Sept. 26 next year but has an open date Sept. 19. Baylor is scheduled to host Northwestern (La.) State on Sept. 26 next year but has a Sept. 12 open date.
The State Fair runs Sept. 25-Oct. 18, 2009. Grambling will play Prairie View on Oct. 3, and Texas plays Oklahoma in the Red River Rivalry on Oct. 17.

Tech has been trying to schedule a Big 12 game against Oklahoma State in North Texas for 2009 but can't agree on a facility. Tech wants the game at the Cotton Bowl stadium, and Oklahoma State wants the game at the new Cowboys stadium in Arlington. A Tech non-conference game at the Cotton Bowl stadium would likely kill a possible Tech-Oklahoma State game in the North Texas area because Tech wouldn't likely play two games in the North Texas area in the same season.

samikeyp
12-01-2008, 11:53 PM
I think referring to games in the last 5 years with the same coaches is much more relevant than your reference of games that happened before World War I

I'm pretty much done with this thread.

Samey, for the record, this is what I mean by arrogant UT fan.

Oh I know, its all good. :toast

leemajors
12-02-2008, 12:39 AM
that is pretty accurate, actually. tekk was fortunate to have their season work out the way it had. the best team in tekk history...and nobody gives a shit and nothing to show for it.

I almost felt reality shift upon reading this unholy cbf jgw agreement

Cant_Be_Faded
12-02-2008, 12:55 AM
What is funny is a poster calling this thread 'typical arrogant ut fan' yet strangely john gates fucking whitely agrees with said poster.

stretch
12-02-2008, 09:57 AM
:lmao

CBF just completely made tech fans chodes explode

cash459
12-02-2008, 10:33 AM

Tech ruined the season for UT fans

Anti.Hero
12-02-2008, 11:07 AM
TU fan still obsessed with TT.

stretch
12-02-2008, 11:25 AM

Tech ruined the season for UT fans

Actually OU did more-so by running up the score a bunch against teams like Tech and OSU.

samikeyp
12-02-2008, 11:36 AM
For a Texas fan that predicted a 10-2 season, 11-1 with wins over OU and A&M and a looming BCS game ruins nothing for me. :toast

ATRAIN
12-02-2008, 11:38 AM
For a Texas fan that predicted a 10-2 season, 11-1 with wins over OU and A&M and a looming BCS game ruins nothing for me. :toast

+1 :toast

Jdspur20
12-02-2008, 12:55 PM

Tech got ass speelunked on national television in a manner NO top 5 team should ever lose. UT actually came back from the most disgraceful performance of the season and it too the clutchest catch in Lubbock history to put us down. Noone ever said Tech can't ball at night in Lubbock. He'll, ya'll beat OU last year.

/end rant.

first off, who ever said Tech should be in the mix??? if their's any tech fans think they should their being ridicious. I sure as heck dont think they should, they got killed by ou. their out of it.
this is exactly whats wrong with ut fans like yourself. simply staiting your not going to talk to another tech fan on this board makes you have the attitude your took good for anyone. here's a stat for you: get over yourself. for you to say a Tech team sucks that is 11-1, you are truely delusional.
for tech, they have made a great run this year. are they ut? no. are they ou? no. but they are 11-1 and play a tough schedule.
for the record, if you even watched the ut-tech game, it took ut everything they had to comeback and take a one point lead. for you to say tech won solely on a last second play your more delusional than i thought.

Jdspur20
12-02-2008, 12:59 PM

its funny how another uscc fan thinks they actually play real football teams. funny how things work out.

Blake
12-02-2008, 01:01 PM
first off, who ever said Tech should be in the mix??? if their's any tech fans think they should their being ridicious. I sure as heck dont think they should, they got killed by ou. their out of it.
this is exactly whats wrong with ut fans like yourself. simply staiting your not going to talk to another tech fan on this board makes you have the attitude your took good for anyone. here's a stat for you: get over yourself. for you to say a Tech team sucks that is 11-1, you are truely delusional.
for tech, they have made a great run this year. are they ut? no. are they ou? no. but they are 11-1 and play a tough schedule.
for the record, if you even watched the ut-tech game, it took ut everything they had to comeback and take a one point lead. for you to say tech won solely on a last second play your more delusional than i thought.

great post

I don't know any true Tech fans that feel we should be watching them in the Big XII title game instead of OU.

Nothing is fair in college football until they bring in a playoff system.

cash459
12-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Actually OU did more-so by running up the score a bunch against teams like Tech and OSU.

actually the ONE loss that UT has is against Tech. So without the loss, there is no discussion as to who wins the big 12 south. all this other stuff about running up the score is circumstantial and irrelevant without the loss.

but whatever gets you through the day

cash459
12-02-2008, 01:09 PM

+1:toast

samikeyp
12-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Nothing is fair in college football until they bring in a playoff system.

QFT

stretch
12-02-2008, 02:00 PM
actually the ONE loss that UT has is against Tech. So without the loss, there is no discussion as to who wins the big 12 south. all this other stuff about running up the score is circumstantial and irrelevant without the loss.

but whatever gets you through the day

nah. texas was bound to lose at least one game. im just happy it was a fluke loss, as opposed to a loss to a real team, like OU.

cash459
12-02-2008, 05:08 PM
nah. texas was bound to lose at least one game. im just happy it was a fluke loss, as opposed to a loss to a real team, like OU.

fluke loss? keep telling yourself that. Guess the win against OU was a fluke win too, huh?

whatever dude

Blake
12-02-2008, 05:10 PM

so by your reasoning, you'd rather lose to North Texas than to OU.....

great logic, jeenyus.

johngateswhiteley
12-02-2008, 05:51 PM
so by your reasoning, you'd rather lose to North Texas than to OU.....

great logic, jeenyus.

actually, yes. b/c then it would be obvious the team let their guard down and lost to an inferior opponent.

stretch
12-02-2008, 05:55 PM
actually, yes. b/c then it would be obvious the team let their guard down and lost to an inferior opponent.

:tu

for once JGW and I agree on something.

:toast

johngateswhiteley
12-02-2008, 06:34 PM
:tu

for once JGW and I agree on something.

:toast

its just funny. cause as a USC fan i have dealt with a lot of issues that t.u. fan is either dealing with or talking about. split national titles and losing to inferior opponents...a bit different when the shoe is on the other foot. you know?

doobs
12-02-2008, 06:48 PM
its just funny. cause as a USC fan i have dealt with a lot of issues that t.u. fan is either dealing with or talking about. split national titles and losing to inferior opponents...a bit different when the shoe is on the other foot. you know?

Losing to an inferior opponent definitely reveals something about a team, though. UT deserves its current shitty predicament. And you can't blame Blake Gideon for the Tech loss. You have to blame the whole team for playing like TAMU in the first half.

You can bitch and moan about the BCS all you want, but rules are rules. Everyone knows that you'd better go undefeated if you want a chance to play for the national championship. UT knew this, and went ahead and crapped on the field in Lubbock. As a UT fan, I'd feel MUCH worse if UT went undefeated and was screwed out of the national championship, like Auburn in 2004.

And USC sucks.

Blake
12-03-2008, 09:04 AM

right, and then your BCS score goes lower.

if UT had lost to Baylor instead of Tech, then not one of the horn honks would have any reason to moan about getting screwed

stretch
12-03-2008, 09:34 AM

I don't know why you are whining so much still. It's not like USC simply had a shitty game or anything. Not to mention the game was after a month's time to prepare for the BIGGEST GAME OF THEIR LIVES, on a neutral field (not really but we will just say it is so your chode doesnt explode over it). USC played a damn good game as they had all season. Texas just played better.

It wasn't like the regular season TT game where UT had been coming off 3 straight tough games against highly ranked opponents, as they played like shit the whole first half while Tech played out of their minds, then TT needed a bizzare otherworldly last second TD catch to win the game.

USC and Texas both played magnificent games from start to finish (if you say otherwise, you're fucking retarded as Leinart threw for damn near 400 yards and they ran for over 200 yards as Lendale White was face raping us all game), and Texas turned out to be the better team. The game pretty much came down to who made more mistakes, and in an offense like the Trojans ran, there is much more room for error, and Texas exploited that.

You can say all you want about USC being better than Texas, but if you truly feel that way, PROVE IT. Here's my proof...

41-38.

cash459
12-03-2008, 09:43 AM
almost every point you made about that game can be made in Tech's favor about this years game with UT, yet you and others continue to say that Tech was "lucky" & it was a "fluke" play.....:rolleyes

stretch
12-03-2008, 09:50 AM
almost every point you made about that game can be made in Tech's favor about this years game with UT, yet you and others continue to say that Tech was "lucky" & it was a "fluke" play.....:rolleyes

All i'm saying is, if we were in a scenario like an NC game... neutral field, month to prepare... no way in hell TT pulls off a win like that again.

cash459
12-03-2008, 01:54 PM
All i'm saying is, if we were in a scenario like an NC game... neutral field, month to prepare... no way in hell TT pulls off a win like that again.

your crystal ball tell you that?

NOTHING is safe in college football. UT is not unbeatable, granted it rarely happens in a season, but we can go back and forth playing the "what if...." game & neither of us will ever be truly correct.

so i guess we can agree to disagree :toast keeps the good natured ribbing alive and friendly rivalry on the board :toast

stretch
12-03-2008, 02:01 PM
texas tech licks balls like i do. now im going to go tell kori on you for talking shit about tech cuz im a ball licking faggot

fixed

Blake
12-03-2008, 03:40 PM
fixed

why?

cash459
12-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I never know what i'm talking about, so i resort to childish techniques whenever possible. When garbage isnt falling out my mouth, McCoy's dick is in there.

ditto

cash459
12-03-2008, 06:01 PM
why?

exactly!? i tried, but obviously to no avail

johngateswhiteley
12-04-2008, 04:47 AM
I don't know why you are whining so much still. It's not like USC simply had a shitty game or anything. Not to mention the game was after a month's time to prepare for the BIGGEST GAME OF THEIR LIVES, on a neutral field (not really but we will just say it is so your chode doesnt explode over it). USC played a damn good game as they had all season. Texas just played better.

It wasn't like the regular season TT game where UT had been coming off 3 straight tough games against highly ranked opponents, as they played like shit the whole first half while Tech played out of their minds, then TT needed a bizzare otherworldly last second TD catch to win the game.

USC and Texas both played magnificent games from start to finish (if you say otherwise, you're fucking retarded as Leinart threw for damn near 400 yards and they ran for over 200 yards as Lendale White was face raping us all game), and Texas turned out to be the better team. The game pretty much came down to who made more mistakes, and in an offense like the Trojans ran, there is much more room for error, and Texas exploited that.

You can say all you want about USC being better than Texas, but if you truly feel that way, PROVE IT. Here's my proof...

41-38.

i wasn't talking about SC vs. t.u....not even close.