PDA

View Full Version : Best Line-up Combo

Yorae
12-01-2008, 08:53 PM
With so many options for the spurs right now, what line up would you have on the court if you were Pop? Here's my say:

Starting Five: TP, Masondog, PotatoHead, Timmy, Oberto.
With TP on attack mode and Mason a crazy shooter, I can see pentrate kickout or TD post-up then kickout. And I remember Mace and Fab playing hot potato.

2nd Team: Hilldog, Manurific, Finley, Bonner, Thomas.
When I saw the way Thomas and GHill do they pick and roll, I know it was something. I think they are in love with each other:rollin. This could run and gun and Manu and Hill should be relentless attackers.

Full Power Offense: TP, Mace, Gino, Bonner, TD.
If offense is what you want this is what the Spurs got.

But seriously we need a very good big man. Ala Robinson. And of course, the old Spurs team defense is not very consistent.

What's your line up?

m33p0
12-01-2008, 09:05 PM
how 'bout TP, Shifty, Manu, Money and Duncan for some small ball action.

tp2021
12-01-2008, 09:06 PM
I need to see how Ian plays as a starter. At first, Oberto might be the better option.
If Ian isn't starting by the end of the season, I will be disappointed.

Welcome Yorae.

Manufan909
12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Starters: TP, Mason, Finley, Tim, Fabricio/Bonner
2nd unit: Hill, Manu, Bruce, Tim, KT/Bonner

Don't know what I'd do with Bonner, but I might lean towards Bonner as the starting C:lol, unless there was an obvious negative mismatch.

Manufan909
12-01-2008, 09:09 PM
how 'bout TP, Shifty, Manu, Money and Duncan for some small ball action.

And who is Shifty, Hill? I thought we were calling him Mini-Plastic Man/Condor.:p:

Yorae
12-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I think Hill should be know as 3BF. Ya know, 3% Body Fat. Yea I know it's lame....

mfanatic
12-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Parker/Hill
Mason/Finely
Manu/Bowen
Duncan/Bonner
Ian/Oberto

mystargtr34
12-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Starters: TP, Mason, Finley, Tim, Fabricio/Bonner
2nd unit: Hill, Manu, Bruce, Tim, KT/Bonner

Don't know what I'd do with Bonner, but I might lean towards Bonner as the starting C:lol, unless there was an obvious negative mismatch.

Good line up, but Bruce needs to start with Mase and TP. Being a corner shooter, he spreads the floor much better for Mase and TP. Finley likes to operate in the exaxt same spots as Mase, and TP needs room to operate up top also.

Also, theres alot of good scoring wings in the West and Bruce is still by far our best perimeter defender. Mase is capable, but hes not Bowen. I would still start Oberto ahead of Thomas also being his a bit quicker and is more suited to guarding the quicker 4's.

Parker, Mason, Bowen, Duncan, Oberto
Hill, Manu, Finley, Bonner, Thomas
Udoka, Mahinmi

Thats the 12 i think Pop will go with provided everyone is healthy.

Parker, Manu, Mase, Fin, Duncan
Probably my favourite line up.

In summary, the team is pretty loaded outside of that one missing big.

m33p0
12-01-2008, 09:22 PM
And who is Shifty, Hill? I thought we were calling him Mini-Plastic Man/Condor.:p:
yup.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110894

Manufan909
12-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Good line up, but Bruce needs to start with Mase and TP. Being a corner shooter, he spreads the floor much better for Mase and TP. Finley likes to operate in the exaxt same spots as Mase, and TP needs room to operate up top also.

Also, theres alot of good scoring wings in the West and Bruce is still by far our best perimeter defender. Mase is capable, but hes not Bowen. I would still start Oberto ahead of Thomas also being his a bit quicker and is more suited to guarding the quicker 4's.

Parker, Mason, Bowen, Duncan, Oberto
Hill, Manu, Finley, Bonner, Thomas
Udoka, Mahinmi

Thats the 12 i think Pop will go with provided everyone is healthy.

Parker, Manu, Mase, Fin, Duncan
Probably my favourite line up.

In summary, the team is pretty loaded outside of that one missing big.

Nice. I'd go with that, idk why I put Tim twice. I'd have Bonner in the 2nd with KT, or maybe bring Fab off the bench because he works so well with Manu.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Nice first post.

I like your lineups, although Finley and Bonner seems like 3pt overkill on the second team. Then again, only Udoka can really come in there, and he's playing worse than Finley right now. Replace Bonner with Mahinmi when he finally arrives and you've got a deal! :lol

Welcome.

Solid D
12-01-2008, 11:35 PM
With so many options for the spurs right now, what line up would you have on the court if you were Pop? Here's my say:

Starting Five: TP, Masondog, PotatoHead, Timmy, Oberto.
With TP on attack mode and Mason a crazy shooter, I can see pentrate kickout or TD post-up then kickout. And I remember Mace and Fab playing hot potato.

2nd Team: Hilldog, Manurific, Finley, Bonner, Thomas.
When I saw the way Thomas and GHill do they pick and roll, I know it was something. I think they are in love with each other:rollin. This could run and gun and Manu and Hill should be relentless attackers.

Full Power Offense: TP, Mace, Gino, Bonner, TD.
If offense is what you want this is what the Spurs got.

But seriously we need a very good big man. Ala Robinson. And of course, the old Spurs team defense is not very consistent.

What's your line up?

With your 1st and 2nd Teams, you have at least 2 players in each that are capable of playing lead guard (very nice option to have). Last year, there were times when Fin started and TP was the only playmaker out on the floor.

TP/Mace and Hill/Manu are great combos offensively.

Closing out games, the Spurs would be best served with a small lineup of Timmy, Bruce, Mace, Ginobili and Parker for a strong defensive unit who can also execute each trip on offense. Finley and Bonner are great for offensive spot subs or FT shooting subs in the last minute. Hill may now turn into a great option for a spot defensive sub to get stops, steals and hustle long rebounds. As Hill improves his FT shooting, he will get more PT in crunch time.

mrspurs
12-02-2008, 12:09 AM
This line up thing will never be the same with Pop at coach and without a true center.

Solid D
12-02-2008, 12:32 AM
This line up thing will never be the same with Pop at coach and without a true center.

The same as what? As before Pop was coach?

T Park
12-02-2008, 12:34 AM

Yeah, shame they didn't keep that Bob Hill guy around.

Solid D
12-02-2008, 12:37 AM

http://www.nba.com/preview2007/gmsurvey_players.html

2007-08 NBA General Managers' Poll
Who is the best center in the NBA?
1. Tim Duncan, San Antonio 48.1%
2. Yao Ming, Houston Rockets 33.3%
3. Dwight Howard, Orlando 7.4%
Shaquille O'Neal, Miami 7.4%
5. Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix 3.7%
Last year's pick: Shaquille O'Neal

itzsoweezee
12-02-2008, 02:01 AM
the stats say that the spurs have had the best success with this lineup:
Hill-Mason-Finley-Bonner-Duncan

and this one comes in second:
Parker-Finley-Bowen-Bonner-Duncan

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809SAS2.HTM

my personal favorite: parker-mason-bowen-bonner-duncan, is not one of the top 10 lineups the spurs have used thus far (understandable, considering that parker's been injured).

Solid D
12-02-2008, 12:42 PM
the stats say that the spurs have had the best success with this lineup:
Hill-Mason-Finley-Bonner-Duncan

and this one comes in second:
Parker-Finley-Bowen-Bonner-Duncan

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809SAS2.HTM

my personal favorite: parker-mason-bowen-bonner-duncan, is not one of the top 10 lineups the spurs have used thus far (understandable, considering that parker's been injured).

Unfortunately, Manu Ginobili hasn't been available to impact the stats...but I would have a difficult time not including Manu in my 4th quarter lineup. The only way he isn't in my lineup is if he is in street clothes.

MrChug
12-02-2008, 12:58 PM
How about

VoulezVousCouchetAvecMoiCeSoir, IShouldaHadaV8, Manunucleosis, DuncYouVeryFuckinMuch, O-BertandErnie?

...followed by HillStreeBlues, DorsalFin, BowenArrow, VanillaBonBons, and TCUbetchaWe'rewinning?

(I'm just kidding-I have NO idea who the fk yall are talking about with these names)

Manufan909
12-02-2008, 01:05 PM
How about

VoulezVousCouchetAvecMoiCeSoir, IShouldaHadaV8, Manunucleosis, DuncYouVeryFuckinMuch, O-BertandErnie?

...followed by HillStreeBlues, DorsalFin, BowenArrow, VanillaBonBons, and TCUbetchaWe'rewinning?

(I'm just kidding-I have NO idea who the fk yall are talking about with these names)

Yours are even worse than Yoraes.:lmao:lmao:lmao

MrChug
12-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Yours are even worse than Yoraes.:lmao:lmao:lmao

I guess you didn't get it...I was making fun of all the names, ya know-as in a joke. In jest, like being facetious, humorous...nevermind :rolleyes

Yorae
12-02-2008, 08:10 PM
For crunch time 4th quarter line up: The obvious and of course the old spurs way. TP,Gino,Potato,TD and Oberto. Or may be KT at center. But if you really need clutch shooting PotatoHead should be replaced by Money.

mystargtr34
12-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Whos Potato, Bruce?

Southwest Texas Fan
12-02-2008, 08:28 PM
With your 1st and 2nd Teams, you have at least 2 players in each that are capable of playing lead guard (very nice option to have). Last year, there were times when Fin started and TP was the only playmaker out on the floor.

TP/Mace and Hill/Manu are great combos offensively.

Closing out games, the Spurs would be best served with a small lineup of Timmy, Bruce, Mace, Ginobili and Parker for a strong defensive unit who can also execute each trip on offense. Finley and Bonner are great for offensive spot subs or FT shooting subs in the last minute. Hill may now turn into a great option for a spot defensive sub to get stops, steals and hustle long rebounds. As Hill improves his FT shooting, he will get more PT in crunch time.

Wow that's four players who can score and create off the dribble, Nice. :smokin