PDA

View Full Version : Geoge Hill #3 Rookie on ESPN!!!

Yorae
12-02-2008, 03:51 AM
Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings?set=0&season=2009.
About time so GHill, please have a good game against Pistons!!!

wisnub
12-02-2008, 04:05 AM
I condemn this guy before, but he turned out to be another steal in draft day. I am happy that i was wrong...I was wrong about Mason too. I always predict Ian will be good. Lets see what happen with Ian...

timvp
12-02-2008, 04:11 AM
That's pretty high. I don't think he deserves to be higher than Oden and Beasley.

But I'll take it :smokin

angelbelow
12-02-2008, 04:19 AM
hill has been phenomenal. hope he remains efficiently productive in his reduced role.

mountainballer
12-02-2008, 04:27 AM
he has been sitting on #10 for quite some time and I thought he should move north a bit, but #3 looks pretty high.
(nba.com still doesn't rank him in the top 10)

timtonymanu
12-02-2008, 04:29 AM
i agree. a little high but i wont complain. about time a spurs rookie gets recognized. i thought hill was drop after his pathetic game in Houston, however.

mathbzh
12-02-2008, 05:31 AM
Nice for him to get some consideration there even if overall this ranking sucks.

One exemple: Batum's ranking (#22) is stupid.
- The kid is top 3 in PER among rookies
- He has defended (well) on Wade, TMac, Kirilenko...
- He is starting (with increasing minutes) for a good team.

Slydragon
12-02-2008, 06:14 AM
LMAO, everytime some list comes out the Spurs or Spurs players are too low and now we have one to high.

:lmao:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
12-02-2008, 07:32 AM
ROY GHILL recognize biatches

Brazil
12-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Good news ! he deserved it. Now I agree with mathbzh, Batum ranking is too low.

mrspurs
12-02-2008, 07:50 AM
That's pretty high. I don't think he deserves to be higher than Oden and Beasley.

Im gonna disagree with ya on this one. He's outplayed both of them. While oden is just a household name thanks to the NBAs PR attention he gets. Oden hasnt proved a penny they've given him since draft day. Hill has outplayed both of these guys hands down. And hes been running the team. Not running or limping with the team. :king

mrspurs
12-02-2008, 07:51 AM
ROY GHILL recognize biatches

This is what I expect for this fan site. How anyone can put any knock on this kid is beyond me. You got it totally correct tdmvpdpoy

Rogue
12-02-2008, 07:53 AM
I think it's a great draft for us to get Hill. Even though we missed Batum who was stolen by the hatred Rockets, instead we got hill who is gonna help us a lot at 3 and 2. With great defense and good offensive awareness, he's gonna take the place of Bowen and do even better than him in offense.:toast

urunobili
12-02-2008, 09:10 AM
we will see how he'll handle less minutes now that TP and Manu are back...

Bartleby
12-02-2008, 09:33 AM
They have Tolliver in there too, ranked at #37.

tlongII
12-02-2008, 10:01 AM
It's almost unfair that we have 3 rookies who could all arguably be in the top 10.

m33p0
12-02-2008, 10:04 AM
It's almost unfair that we have 3 rookies who could all arguably be in the top 10.
well, there's the problem right there.

urunobili
12-02-2008, 02:27 PM
I am VERY surprised that he is ranked SO high... here's Thorpe breakdown...

December 02, 2008

No rookie has exploded onto the scene the way Hill has, putting up huge numbers multiple times with no real expectations coming into the season. And he was the best rookie on the floor in a rout over D-Rose's Bulls last week (19 points, 11 boards, 4 assists). He's finishing creative shots off of tough dribble drives and getting to the free throw line. And his turnover rate is third lowest among rookies (and he handles the ball a lot more than the two guys ahead of him).

In short, he's been awesome. I suspect his minutes will drop now that Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are back and healthy. But Gregg Popovich knows how valuable an energetic scorer can be for his team late in the season, so developing Hill by keeping him in the rotation is likely.

WildcardManu
12-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Hill totally deserves that spot because he flew under every team's radar during the draft and once again the Spurs have struck gold. He is deserving of #3 because he is blowing by all the low expectations by the so called professional analysts who were too caught up in the beasley/rose sweepstakes.

Anti.Hero
12-02-2008, 02:56 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/1201/nba_e_rookie50_412.jpg

Never thought you'd see the Spurs draft pick on the bball espn mainpage...

Amuseddaysleeper
12-02-2008, 03:01 PM

Face it, you were wrong about George Hill.

duncan228
12-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Where's jayc23? He should be here to enjoy this.

Hill has been a wonderful, a joy to watch. I think he's shown us that he has the talent and the work ethic to succeed, I'm looking forward to seeing him grow with this team.

Manufan909
12-02-2008, 03:10 PM

It's really unfair the Spurs have 3 players who are in the top 5 at their positions.

Fucking last place C is bringing them down.

TDMVPDPOY
12-02-2008, 04:30 PM
hiill should be at leasts top2 imo...

hill on a scrub team will post those kind of numbers if he wanted to,

and he did outplay mayo, untill mayo started to pad his stats in a blowout win for the spurs....

jayc23
12-02-2008, 04:35 PM

You trashed Ghill and hes ranked better than your butt buddy... that made my day... Tlong check my sig and my quote... get some... G continues to leave a long line of haters in his wake

DPG21920
12-02-2008, 04:38 PM
jayc23, do you go to most of the Spurs home games?

jayc23
12-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Where's jayc23? He should be here to enjoy this.

Hill has been a wonderful, a joy to watch. I think he's shown us that he has the talent and the work ethic to succeed, I'm looking forward to seeing him grow with this team.

You have no idea... when I saw that my jaw dropped...I really hope George integrates well with TP and Manu... because he is best at taking over baskeball games than role playing.. but then again, ive never really seen him have to role play because hes always been the most dominant player on the court... and its even held true in the NBA , which even stuns me... I knew what Ghill was made of.. but to see it translate at the NBA level the way it has...

I hope the spurs come out with fire in their eyes against the pistons, because that houston game was a weak performance as a team.

duncan228
12-02-2008, 04:48 PM
I knew what Ghill was made of.. but to see it translate at the NBA level the way it has...

It's been cool seeing Hill through your eyes. I'm glad you found SpursTalk and thanks for the insight you've shared on Hill that only someone who knows him can offer.

jayc23
12-02-2008, 04:50 PM
jayc23, do you go to most of the Spurs home games?

I unfortunately still live 1 block from Georges child hood home and the humble inner city gym where we first came to love the game of basketball... I run a business now so I have been unable to get out to SA yet for a game.. but im hoping to be able to soon.

dickface
12-02-2008, 04:51 PM
never question Bruce Dickinson!

DPG21920
12-02-2008, 04:55 PM
I unfortunately still live 1 block from Georges child hood home and the humble inner city gym where we first came to love the game of basketball... I run a business now so I have been unable to get out to SA yet for a game.. but im hoping to be able to soon.

OK, cool. I was at a game and I could of sworn my friend was sitting behind one of his cousins. He was wearing a Pacers cap and was talking like he knows him. Cool guy and was rooting hard for George. I thought it might of been you!

jayc23
12-02-2008, 05:05 PM
It's been cool seeing Hill through your eyes. I'm glad you found SpursTalk and thanks for the insight you've shared on Hill that only someone who knows him can offer.

appreciate that... and its amazing to see SA come to embrace Hill... It was so rough when he was drafted to see him criticized the way he was... being called a bust... He is resilient and has been getting put down his whole life... and it is truly an amazing story.. the adversity hes broken through in high school (scored 37 points per game and had one of the greatest seasons in Indiana history and was voted 3rd for Mr. Basketball, behind 2 busts) and college.. to being called a late second round to undrafted... to the 26th pick in the first round.. to being called a summer league bust... to the spurs pursuing pargo and salim... to the #3 ranked rookie on ESPN... last time i checked its people that overcome things like that, that get :lobt2: :flag:

jayc23
12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
OK, cool. I was at a game and I could of sworn my friend was sitting behind one of his cousins. He was wearing a Pacers cap and was talking like he knows him. Cool guy and was rooting hard for George. I thought it might of been you!

ya his close friend we've known since middle school and his cousin moved out there with him

DPG21920
12-02-2008, 05:18 PM
ya his close friend we've known since middle school and his cousin moved out there with him

Very cool. They always sit right in front of my friends, next time I go to a game, I will say whats up to them. If I go again, maybe you can pm your name so I can tell them I talk to you on here.

Manufan909
12-02-2008, 05:55 PM

You can be duncan228 for Hill!!!:downspin:

Too bad she wasn't born in the Virgin Islands, so you have that on her.:king

mystargtr34
12-02-2008, 05:57 PM

I think hes been better than both, especially Oden.

To me, hes been the clear cut number 3, i cant put anyone else above him. Beasley is the only one who you could make a case for but even he is down to 14 PPG on 45% shooting and not much else. He is 3 years younger though.

Other than Derrick Rose, i think Hill has had the biggest effect on his team winning games.

He deserves number 3.

Sissiborgo
12-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Looking good:fro

barbacoataco
12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Happy to see Hill at 3. At this point he deserves it. Anyone who ranks Batum 22 is crazy or hasn't seen him play much. That guy is already one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

mystargtr34
12-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Batum isnt higher because he only plays 15 minutes a game.

barbacoataco
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Is that really a reason not to rank him higher? Rookies on crappy teams get a lot of minutes, but does that make them better? Batum is starting and contributing for a team that is currently ranked #4 in the NBA. He has good offensive stats, and more importantly he is sensational on defense. I can't stress enough how much raw talent this guy has to shut down scorers. His arms are so long and he just has the knack for not letting players go around him.

mystargtr34
12-02-2008, 07:32 PM
I cant see anyone you could take out of the top 10 for him.

Hes ranked 22.

He should definately be higher than that, hes been better than Darrell Arthur thats for sure.

But not top 10.

barbacoataco
12-02-2008, 07:42 PM
I guess with the rankings you have to ask yourself are you ranking them by what they've done, or by their potential based on the season so far? Or is it a little bit mixed together?

mystargtr34
12-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I guess with the rankings you have to ask yourself are you ranking them by what they've done, or by their potential based on the season so far? Or is it a little bit mixed together?

Definately by what they have done now. Potential is a whole different thing because theres a big difference between a guy like Beasley who is still a teenager, and a guy like Fernandez who is 23.

Batum probly has top 10 potential, but right now, even though he has been damn good, hes not top 10 - but hes definately better than 22.

Yorae
12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
If ever Batum will come to the Spurs someday. Then the future Spurs will be GHill Batum Tandem. Imagine......and if by some divine intervention we get Yiannis Bourousis, I know he's overrated but still....Batum/Hill combo is deadly enough....

mystargtr34
12-02-2008, 08:30 PM
That line up would be complete with Spanoulis and Antonio Fotsis

milkyway21
12-02-2008, 08:35 PM
this STEAL is a scene-STEALer! :D

wildbill2u
12-02-2008, 09:10 PM

I tell ya we're getting too many good young players. We're gonna regret it in the months and years to come. :rolleyes

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-02-2008, 10:28 PM
why care what some meaningless ranking systems has to say?

lefty
12-02-2008, 10:35 PM

I think he deserves to be higher than Oden.

GO hasn't impressed me at all.

Hill has been more consistent

Spurs Brazil
12-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Still #3

December 17, 2008

What this young guy is doing right now might even be more impressive than what he did to explode onto the scene at the start of the season. Though his minutes are down, thanks to the return of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, Hill has still been able to score and shoot efficiently on fewer shots. Not an easy thing to do.

In the Spurs' current six-game win streak, Hill has hit 6 of 12 3s and 45 percent of his shots overall.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings?season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fplayers%2frookies%2frankings%3fseason%3d2009

Manufan909
12-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Fuck Yes!!! Bring Out The Hillllllllllllllllll.

AFBlue
12-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Still #3

December 17, 2008

What this young guy is doing right now might even be more impressive than what he did to explode onto the scene at the start of the season. Though his minutes are down, thanks to the return of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, Hill has still been able to score and shoot efficiently on fewer shots. Not an easy thing to do.

In the Spurs' current six-game win streak, Hill has hit 6 of 12 3s and 45 percent of his shots overall.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings?season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fplayers%2frookies%2frankings%3fseason%3d2009

DJ Augustin will supplant him soon and I believe some others will as well. While he's a good bet to be invited to the all-star game for the rookie-sophomore challenge, I seriously doubt he gets consideration for ROY.

What he can say, however, is that he's the rookie with the most impact on a championship-contending team.

Bartleby
12-17-2008, 05:24 PM
What he can say, however, is that he's the rookie with the most impact on a championship-contending team.

And the biggest sleeper pick of the draft by far.

polandprzem
12-17-2008, 05:26 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/1201/nba_e_rookie50_412.jpg

Never thought you'd see the Spurs draft pick on the bball espn mainpage...

Hey, why Bill Russell is on that pic?
At that age he sign a contract with Potland?

hater
12-17-2008, 05:33 PM
mmm Potland

timvp
12-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Hey, why Bill Russell is on that pic?
At that age he sign a contract with Potland?

. . . (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A)

I. Hustle
12-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I love Potland
http://www.artcaffe.org/fonts500/png/potland.png

mbass
12-17-2008, 05:57 PM
I condemn this guy before, but he turned out to be another steal in draft day. I am happy that i was wrong...I was wrong about Mason too. I always predict Ian will be good. Lets see what happen with Ian...

You might be batting 1000%

polandprzem
12-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Hey, at least he did not signed with Poland