PDA

View Full Version : interesting article on how its very possible UT and OU can play again

stretch
12-02-2008, 09:40 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/BCS-Realpolitik-Oklahoma-it-is-but-a-new-route?urn=ncaaf,125550

stretch
12-02-2008, 09:41 AM
proves that the Gators/Bama/SEC are overrated.

K-State Spur
12-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Remember that the human pollsters will do everything that they can to try to manipulate the match-up.

There were rumors in 2006 of pollsters dropping michigan out of the top 10 for the sole purpose of preventing a re-match between them and Ohio State.

DMX7
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM
proves that the Gators/Bama/SEC are overrated.

SEC is overrated as a conference but the Gators are really good.

MosesGuthrie
12-02-2008, 10:53 PM
That would be great, but the assholes in charge of college football won't allow it.

cash459
12-03-2008, 06:11 PM
yup, voters wouldnt let it happen

MajorMike
12-04-2008, 09:06 AM
UT doesn't want that matchup. If uo wins the BCS game and UT wins the Fiesta Bowl, it is likely AP voters will keep UT ahead of uo. Additionally, you know how the AP likes to thumb their nose at the BCS whenever they can and this would be their opportunity.

tonylongoriafan
12-04-2008, 11:59 AM
UT doesn't want that matchup. If uo wins the BCS game and UT wins the Fiesta Bowl, it is likely AP voters will keep UT ahead of uo. Additionally, you know how the AP likes to thumb their nose at the BCS whenever they can and this would be their opportunity.

yeah...who wants a straight up legit national title, when you can debate over a split one

stretch
12-04-2008, 12:19 PM
SEC is overrated as a conference but the Gators are really good.

Lol, right. They had such a weak fucking schedule, its not even funny. When you look back on their schedule now, only TWO of their opponents are currently ranked. Their rankings are 17 and 22 I believe. Same for Bama. Both of them had cakewalk schedules this year, and neither of them are as good as UT or OU.

stretch
12-04-2008, 12:21 PM

Fuck that. All or none. I hate the BCS so much that I would much rather UT not have any share of an NC, as opposed to splitting a title... with OU of all teams. I want a fair matchup of the two best teams in the nation... UT and OU.

And why would AP want to do that for Texas? I think they would much rather suck Florida's cock, as evidenced in the fact that they are ranked higher than UT, despite having a MUCH easier schedule, and getting beating by a fucking unranked team.

dirk4mvp
12-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Lol, right. They had such a weak fucking schedule, its not even funny. When you look back on their schedule now, only TWO of their opponents are currently ranked. Their rankings are 17 and 22 I believe. Same for Bama. Both of them had cakewalk schedules this year, and neither of them are as good as UT or OU.

Either of them would crush OU or UT.

stretch
12-04-2008, 12:27 PM
OU or UT would crush either one of them.

Fixed.

PeterBurns
12-04-2008, 02:51 PM
In Order If I pick what teams I would mortgage the house on right now.

1) Florida
2) Oklahoma
3) USC
4) UT
5) Alabama

tonylongoriafan
12-04-2008, 02:57 PM

1) Florida
2) Oklahoma
3) USC
4) UT
5) Alabama

that's stupid...are u basing florida's mortgage gradability on their win against the citadel a few weeks ago...top three gotta be UT,OU, USC and debate which is better...florida? dude, seriously

PeterBurns
12-04-2008, 03:28 PM
that's stupid...are u basing florida's mortgage gradability on their win against the citadel a few weeks ago...top three gotta be UT,OU, USC and debate which is better...florida? dude, seriously

Let's assume that I know nothing...which is normally the case.
But let's assume that Vegas oddsmakers are pretty good at what they do.

The #1 Team is Bama...and they are a 10 point Dog against Florida at a Neutral Site.

If UT and Florida played at a Neutral Field. Florida would be a 7 point favorite.
They would be a 3 point favorite in Austin.

Blake
12-04-2008, 03:51 PM

1) Florida
2) Oklahoma
3) USC
4) UT
5) Alabama

I agree with the list, except I think Tech would beat Bama on a neutral site....

maybe that's the bias in me, but I don't think Bama is as good as their record.

stretch
12-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I can't believe all the fuckin' idiots here that rate Florida so highly. What have they done that is so impressive? Beat the shit out of shitty opponents, while losing to fucking Ole Miss? Get real. When the best team they played all year is ranked 17th, thats pretty shitty. Texas currently has played the 12th hardest schedule in the league, while OU has played the 17th toughest, both have played multiple top 10 ranked opponents. Florida has the 28th ranked schedule (despite playing in an overrated conference) and 0 games against top 10 opponents. Bama is even more pathetic, with the 72nd toughest schedule in the league.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm

UT and OU are ranked considerably higher than Florida and Bama by these rankings, which base a lot of their judgement on strength of schedule. Not to mention they both were the top two in BSC computer polls as well, with Florida getting an average ranking of 6th in the computer polls.

UT/OU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Florida, Bama

Blake
12-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I can't believe all the fuckin' idiots here that rate Florida so highly. What have they done that is so impressive? Beat the shit out of shitty opponents, while losing to fucking Ole Miss? Get real. When the best team they played all year is ranked 17th, thats pretty shitty. Texas currently has played the 12th hardest schedule in the league, while OU has played the 17th toughest, both have played multiple top 10 ranked opponents. Florida has the 28th ranked schedule (despite playing in an overrated conference) and 0 games against top 10 opponents. Bama is even more pathetic, with the 72nd toughest schedule in the league.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm

UT and OU are ranked considerably higher than Florida and Bama by these rankings, which base a lot of their judgement on strength of schedule. Not to mention they both were the top two in BSC computer polls as well, with Florida getting an average ranking of 6th in the computer polls.

UT/OU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Florida, Bama

oh ok, then by your argument, Tech is also better than Florida and Bama.

duly noted for future reference.

stretch
12-04-2008, 05:28 PM
oh ok, then by your argument, Tech is also better than Florida and Bama.

duly noted for future reference.

Honestly, I can't argue it too much.

So let's put it like this...

UT/OU >>>>>>>>>> Florida/Bama/tt

Blake
12-04-2008, 05:31 PM
let's put it like this

OU > TT > UT > OU

stretch
12-04-2008, 05:36 PM
let's put it like this

i lick balls and can't accept the fact that my team is inferior to teams like UT and OU, despite the fact that both teams are actually ranked higher than my team in basically every ranking system possible other than whos team sucks more balls.

did i mention i lick balls?

fixed.

Blake
12-04-2008, 07:00 PM
fixed.

hopefully you are too.

romad_20
12-04-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm looking forward to a Big 12 team finally playing a SEC team in the National Championship game. The big 10 has ruined that game for the past 2 years.

Let's not forget OU's ability to choke it up in the BCS, and yes FL or Bama will destroy OU's O-line and D-line. Would they be able to contain that passing game? I don't know, we will see.

romad_20
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Let's assume that I know nothing...which is normally the case.
But let's assume that Vegas oddsmakers are pretty good at what they do.

The #1 Team is Bama...and they are a 10 point Dog against Florida at a Neutral Site.

If UT and Florida played at a Neutral Field. Florida would be a 7 point favorite.
They would be a 3 point favorite in Austin.

Florida would be a 3 point favorite at Austin? Damn, you don't get those numbers just off of respect in Vegas.

SEC was not the strongest overall conference this year, I will admit that, mostly due to my Dawgs sucking balls in big games and LSU's lack of any kind of QB, but Bama and Fl still look just as strong or stronger than any other team.

samikeyp
12-04-2008, 08:43 PM
On a neutral field, I take OU, Texas and Tech over either.

J.T.
12-04-2008, 09:53 PM
I'd laugh my ass off if OU and UT played for the BCS title game. OU losing on a neutral field to UT twice in one season. Bob Stoops would pull a Kurt Cobain. Or Mack Brown would pull a Courtney Love. Can't decide.

doobs
12-04-2008, 10:11 PM
I think it's fair to say that OU, UT, Florida, Alabama, and USC are the top 5 teams. I think OU and UT are clearly the two best teams. It's OU and UT . . . and then the rest.

(1) OU . . . maybe UT
(2) UT . . . maybe OU
(3) Florida
(4) Alabama
(5) USC

I heard Colt McCoy is giving Chase Daniel some pointers on how to beat OU's defense. I would love to see Mizzou beat OU. That would be the easiest path for UT to make it to the national championship. Florida beating Alabama--though more of a possibility than Mizzou beating OU--doesn't really guarantee UT anything.

dallaskd
12-04-2008, 10:37 PM
great article. hope it happens...

romad_20
12-04-2008, 10:44 PM
If Bama beats Fl soundly, I would look out whoever they play. That would mean their defense would have held Florida in check and if they can do that, they can stop any other team out there. Florida is faster than any of the other teams on offense hands down. Not as physical running, but so fast.

Marklar MM
12-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Nope. We can't have a rematch. Isn't that what everyone said in 06.

It also is great how you overrate your own conference. Florida is winning it this year.

J.T.
12-05-2008, 03:26 AM
I heard Colt McCoy is giving Chase Daniel some pointers on how to beat OU's defense.

What defense? A high school team could hang 40+ on OU's defense. The key is stopping Sam Bradford. Slap him around a little bit like Texas did, and he'll start making bad decisions and win the game for Mizzou by himself.

stretch
12-05-2008, 09:14 AM
On a neutral field, I take OU, Texas and Tech over either.

Agreed.

stretch
12-05-2008, 09:16 AM
What defense? A high school team could hang 40+ on OU's defense. The key is stopping Sam Bradford. Slap him around a little bit like Texas did, and he'll start making bad decisions and win the game for Mizzou by himself.

:tu

cash459
12-05-2008, 09:20 AM

Personally, I didnt see the game, (had to work), but did he really make that many mistakes? I heard he only threw one INT & that was in the 4th qtr. I know that INTs arent the only way to measure mistakes, but w/out seeing the game, I dont know how he actually played. the stats seemed good

stretch
12-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Personally, I didnt see the game, (had to work), but did he really make that many mistakes? I heard he only threw one INT & that was in the 4th qtr. I know that INTs arent the only way to measure mistakes, but w/out seeing the game, I dont know how he actually played. the stats seemed good

Yeah, his stats were great cuz he was fantastic in the first half. The second half, they turned the heat on, and started forcing bad throws at key times (3rd downs in particular). Fact is, you aren't going to simply shut down OUs offense, so the key is to limit their yards on first and second, and try to force a mistake or incompletion on third. You likewise need an offense that can score at around the same rate (which isn't really hard since their defense isn't that great).

leemajors
12-05-2008, 10:19 AM
they got pretty good pressure on him and hit him good a couple times

dirk4mvp
12-05-2008, 10:31 AM

It doesn't look like you're giving the best QB in the nation this year enough credit.

Blake
12-05-2008, 10:50 AM
It doesn't look like you're giving the best QB in the nation this year enough credit.

Graham Harrell?

stretch
12-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Graham Harrell?

GET THE FUCK OUT

:td

stretch
12-05-2008, 11:16 AM

How is he not giving him enough credit? He just basically said that to beat OU, you gotta find a way to limit their best player. In this case, its Sam Bradford, and you gotta find a way to get pressure to him.

J.T.
12-05-2008, 11:30 AM
How is he not giving him enough credit? He just basically said that to beat OU, you gotta find a way to limit their best player. In this case, its Sam Bradford, and you gotta find a way to get pressure to him.

Maybe dirk meant I wasn't giving McCoy enough credit for lambasting OU in crunch time. But I mean, Colt does that every game, so it's more fair to say the defense slapped around Sam Bradford like a red-headed stepchild and he couldn't take the heat.

stretch
12-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Maybe dirk meant I wasn't giving McCoy enough credit for lambasting OU in crunch time. But I mean, Colt does that every game, so it's more fair to say the defense slapped around Sam Bradford like a red-headed stepchild and he couldn't take the heat.

Ah, gotcha. lol

Blake
12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
GET THE FUCK OUT

if only your mom had said that to your dad

dirk4mvp
12-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Graham Harrell?

Graham Harrell sucks.

dirk4mvp
12-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Reading the college board, Tech fans for the most part are insecure assholes. If you mention something/someone being the best and not mention anything about Tech, they feel like you're hating on them and just don't know shit. Tech fans = Laker fans.

dirk4mvp
12-05-2008, 01:58 PM

:lol

Blake
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM

Graham Harrell sucks.

yeah.

Blake
12-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Reading the college board, Tech fans for the most part are insecure assholes. If you mention something/someone being the best and not mention anything about Tech, they feel like you're hating on them and just don't know shit. Tech fans = Laker fans.

Tech fans = Laker fans? That's a good one, considering the Lakers might be the greatest NBA franchise ever.

This also funny coming from someone named 'dirk4mvp' on a Spurs board.

MajorMike
12-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Reading the college board, Tech fans for the most part are insecure assholes. If you mention something/someone being the best and not mention anything about Tech, they feel like you're hating on them and just don't know shit.

I've been saying this all year.

Boy, howdy, don't even TRY to put down Buddy Holly, either.

dirk4mvp
12-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech fans = Laker fans? That's a good one, considering the Lakers might be the greatest NBA franchise ever.

This also funny coming from someone named 'dirk4mvp' on a Spurs board.

Dumbshit, Laker fans didn't win anything for the Lakers to be the greatest franchise ever.

cash459
12-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah, his stats were great cuz he was fantastic in the first half. The second half, they turned the heat on, and started forcing bad throws at key times (3rd downs in particular). Fact is, you aren't going to simply shut down OUs offense, so the key is to limit their yards on first and second, and try to force a mistake or incompletion on third. You likewise need an offense that can score at around the same rate (which isn't really hard since their defense isn't that great).

ok, that makes more sense. guess thats why they say you cant always just look at the box score to know the story of the game. Well, Mizzou's D is nothing to wet yourself over, i mean look what UT did to them & Ok st. now add in an OU offense that is clicking & has 3 first team all americans on the O-line & it has the potential to be bad.

But i also think that mizzou does have a chance (a small one) but a chance none the less. their stats really arent that different when you compare both teams.

Blake
12-05-2008, 03:17 PM
I've been saying this all year.

Boy, howdy, don't even TRY to put down Buddy Holly, either.

oh, well since it's you that's been saying this all year, it must be true.

J.T.
12-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Mizzou has more than a small chance... the game is on a neutral field, and Stoops has a propensity for choking games on neutral fields. Or getting straight up owned (see: 45-35)

Blake
12-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Dumbshit, Laker fans didn't win anything for the Lakers to be the greatest franchise ever.

huh? and what exactly has Tech fan won? You don't make one lick of sense.

man, there are a lot of Sam i Am types in here acting like they are Einstein.

j-6
12-05-2008, 03:36 PM

I saw the dirk4mvp handle and didn't want to compare Tech Fan to Mav Fan, but it is kinda appropriate. Sorry man. If you want to see some real insecurity in this subforum, read the UTSA threads.

Bump's cool, the Korea guy is loud and confusing (and writes like ducks on a meth jag), and Blake does a fairly commendable job considering how outnumbered he is by us UT guys. Blake is to Tech what Scott is to OU on this board.

Blake
12-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Bump's cool, the Korea guy is loud and confusing (and writes like ducks on a meth jag), and Blake does a fairly commendable job considering how outnumbered he is by us UT guys. Blake is to Tech what Scott is to OU on this board.

Thanks? I think.

yeah, Mavs fan feels about right. A lot of nice wins with nothing in the trophy case.

dirk4mvp
12-05-2008, 03:44 PM

You confused yourself with your own stupidity :lol

After I said Tech fans = Laker fans, you thought it was appropriate to think Gee what a great comparison since the Lakers are successful and all.

dirk4mvp
12-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks? I think.

yeah, Mavs fan feels about right. A lot of nice wins with nothing in the trophy case.

I love how you have to bring up NBA title smack in the college board.

J.T.
12-05-2008, 03:46 PM
If you want to see some real insecurity in this subforum, read the UTSA threads.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

stretch
12-05-2008, 03:48 PM

You fucking idiot. Did you even stop to think for a second what he was talking about in his comparison?

stretch
12-05-2008, 03:49 PM

You fucking idiot. Did you even stop to think for a second what he was talking about in his comparison?

Wow, obviously not.

Blake
12-05-2008, 03:52 PM
I love how you have to bring up NBA title smack in the college board.

nyang nyang pork and beans hooray

you brought up Laker fans. duuurk.

Blake
12-05-2008, 03:53 PM

you and Dirk seem like the same poster.

explain it then, jeenyus.

stretch
12-05-2008, 03:53 PM
lol, blake is living up to the meaning of his name... a douchey dumbshit

dirk4mvp
12-05-2008, 03:54 PM
:pump

Blake
12-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Wow, obviously not.

ahh, now I get why youre pissed.....

j-6 comment that Tech fan is more like Maverick fan....man, that must have tasted like Bevo's tail

Blake
12-05-2008, 03:58 PM

yeah, it's easy to resort to nanny nanny boo stick your head in doo doo smack when you are getting mentally crushed and abused.

stretch
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
lol, blake

cash459
12-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I saw the dirk4mvp handle and didn't want to compare Tech Fan to Mav Fan, but it is kinda appropriate. Sorry man. If you want to see some real insecurity in this subforum, read the UTSA threads.

:lol THAT is funny....

Blake
12-05-2008, 05:18 PM
lol, blake

yeah, I know........I'm about as funny as you look

johngateswhiteley
12-05-2008, 06:05 PM
the Korea guy is loud and confusing (and writes like ducks on a meth jag), and Blake does a fairly commendable job considering how outnumbered he is by us UT guys.

thats fairly accurate, lol.

j-6
12-05-2008, 07:41 PM

I'd rather have Blake pimp his diploma than hearing some lame 4-8 Aggie bullshit.