PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs should be easy to make

mrspurs
12-02-2008, 10:41 AM
As long as these teams keep playing the way they usually play. GS,Clippers,Kings,Oklahoma,Memphis and the Twolves. The Spurs with or without getting Timmy help should easily make the POs. If the Spurs dont make the POs with those teams playing such horrible basketball then we dont deserve to be there. This year it isnt what we thought it would be in the west. Or should I say what the media wants us to believe. Basically half the teams in the west suck. And yes I know its still early. But if you look at the standings you can already see the teams that are making progress and see the teams that are not going anywhere. Not this season anyways.

MrChug
12-02-2008, 10:44 AM
If they don't make the PO's I'm gonna really be PO'd.

tlongII
12-02-2008, 11:04 AM
To make the playoffs the Spurs will have to beat out one of the following teams:

Lakers
Blazers
Nuggets
Rockets
Mavs
Hornets
Suns
Jazz

I think they can beat out the Mavs, but that's about it. It won't be easy for the Spurs to make the playoffs this year.

Anti.Hero
12-02-2008, 11:10 AM
#4 best case scenario.

probably 5-7th.

remingtonbo2001
12-02-2008, 11:14 AM
It really depends. I think Houston is grossly overrated. I don't expect them to finish atop the SW Division. I don't think NO is as strong as last years team, but it's still too early to tell. I think the Spurs have a good shot at locking up the #3 or #4 spot by clinching the SW Division.

urunobili
12-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Spurs will be the second seed this year...

MrChug
12-02-2008, 11:58 AM

I really REALLY don't think that is a crazy prediction. Is it going to be the best course for us? No.

SenorSpur
12-02-2008, 11:58 AM
It really depends. I think Houston is grossly overrated. I don't expect them to finish atop the SW Division. I don't think NO is as strong as last years team, but it's still too early to tell. I think the Spurs have a good shot at locking up the #3 or #4 spot by clinching the SW Division.

Houston always seems to be the perennially, overrated, favorite by both fans and pundits alike. And as usual, they fail to stay healthy and ultimate fail to live up to the lofty preseason expectations.

sonic21
12-02-2008, 12:02 PM

:tu
with an injured team, they managed to stay close.

Bruno
12-02-2008, 12:04 PM
The playoffs picture for the west is quite simple :
There are 9 teams (Lakers, Nuggets, Blazers, Rockets, Jazz, Hornets, Spurs and Macs) for 8 spots.

One "good" team will miss the playoffs. I doubt it will be Spurs given what they have shown this month but a WC team with 45-48 wins won't make the playoffs this year.

Frenchise player
12-02-2008, 12:49 PM
The Spurs need to show they can beat the good teams with consistency beginning today with Detroit.
Right now the team is 2-5 against the other 8 best teams in the west and that's counting the game against a depleted Utah team.

I believe they will make the playoff but we can't be too optimistic after one month of play.

SPURS21
12-02-2008, 01:27 PM
lol @ tlong when his team is only 2 games ahead of SA and 3 games ahead of the 9th spot themselves

tlongII
12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
lol @ tlong when his team is only 2 games ahead of SA and 3 games ahead of the 9th spot themselves

lol @ spurs21 if you think you can catch us!

WildcardManu
12-02-2008, 02:33 PM
lol @ spurs21 if you think you can catch us!

First round exit for your team if they face the spurs.

pawe
12-02-2008, 03:16 PM
The Spurs can easily be among the top 4 come playoff time. They just need to find the right rotation and regulate the minutes of players who need them most. IMO, the biggest problem the Spurs had last year was the dreaded scoring drought. But now, with the addition of Mason and Hill, I think that problem is already covered...hopefully

mytespurs
12-02-2008, 03:55 PM
I almost expect the Spurs to be there at the end.....I would be surprised if they don't make it considering the talent & coaching pedigree plus the addition & maturation of Hill & Mason along with the health (fingers crossed) of the big three.

Now I don't know if they'll be a top or mid level seed....it's too early to tell at this point.

tp2021
12-02-2008, 04:08 PM
To make the playoffs the Spurs will have to beat out one of the following teams:

Lakers
Blazers
Nuggets
Rockets
Mavs
Hornets
Suns
Jazz

I think they can beat out the Mavs, but that's about it. It won't be easy for the Spurs to make the playoffs this year.Idiot.

It really depends. I think Houston is grossly overrated. I don't expect them to finish atop the SW Division. I don't think NO is as strong as last years team, but it's still too early to tell. I think the Spurs have a good shot at locking up the #3 or #4 spot by clinching the SW Division.Not an idiot.

41times
12-02-2008, 04:10 PM

Lakers
Blazers
Nuggets
Rockets
Mavs
Hornets
Suns
Jazz

I think they can beat out the Mavs, but that's about it. It won't be easy for the Spurs to make the playoffs this year.

The Mavs look like they might be the easiest of the 8 teams above to beat out. However, they are about to play 7 in a row at home and the 15 games they will play in December should result in 10-11 wins. So the Mavs will actually probably pass the Spurs up in the standings by Dec. 31.

It would be Ironic if the 2 teams with the Most victories in this Decade are fighting it out for the 8the and final playoff spot come April. That makes the 3 remaining games they play against each other Very Important!

Personally, i am hoping Portland falls off a little and the Mavs and Spurs both make it. It just would not be right if one of them missed the Playoffs. And it would be pretty cool if all 3 Texas teams made the playoffs again. The road trip through Texas is pretty dam tough!

sonic21
12-02-2008, 04:21 PM
it just would not be right if one of them missed the Playoffs.

why?

mrspurs
12-02-2008, 04:44 PM

Yeah buts that cool. tlong is a blazerfan, but without a clue of who this person is. They've always shown more repect then even I on this forum. So I enjoy tlongs quicky comebacks.......:downspin:

MrChug
12-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Is tshort Mouse?

Only a troll could be this stupid.

zhougc
12-02-2008, 10:20 PM
SA will get a tickets of playoff, and they will have the home advantage