PDA

View Full Version : Alabama-Florida Scenario for TEXAS

Sausage
12-02-2008, 02:14 PM
I read this story on Rivals, and wanted to see what you guys thought. Basically it's saying that even if Florida beats Bama on Saturday, it may not be enough to get them into the title game because the computers like Texas more than Florida, and we could see a OU-Texas rematch for the National Championship.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/BCS-Realpolitik-Oklahoma-it-is-but-a-new-route?urn=ncaaf,125550

I honestly think that'd be as fair as anything else that has/could happen with the BCS crap. Hell, Florida played the fucking Citadel two weeks ago. This is the home stretch of the season and everybody else is playing ranked teams/conference teams/somebody that isn't 1-AA and suck balls.

Seriously, WTF ?

The Reckoning
12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
no way the human polls would allow it

Sausage
12-02-2008, 02:17 PM
I didn't see this was already posted, but still, this would be GREAT.

tonylongoriafan
12-02-2008, 02:23 PM
yes...a little too perfect. this would be the answer to all of the problems...that's why it will NOT happen...freakin' bcs

johngateswhiteley
12-02-2008, 05:45 PM
i don't see how that would be great or an answer to anyone's problems but t.u.. there is still a logjam of 1 loss teams that deserve a shot. shit if bama loses in a close game whats to say they shouldn't get another shot...like oklahoma.

t.u. vs. ou isn't a great option...and neither are some of the other scenarios.

stretch
12-02-2008, 05:57 PM
t.u. vs. ou isn't a great option...and neither are some of the other scenarios.

how is it not a great option? UT and OU is among the biggest rivalries in NCAA, arguably THE biggest. Both teams are very evenly matched and are damn good teams that have already faced once this season and many people would love to see a rematch. this would be a very highly anticipated game.

Spurminator
12-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Championship games between heated rivals are never good for sports.

chode_regulator
12-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Championship games between heated rivals are never good for sports.

:lol :lmao :downspin:

Spurtacus
12-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Maybe...if Florida wins the game late in the 4th on a blown call by the refs. Human voters will see that and possibly not rank Florida higher.