PDA

View Full Version : Wolves Fans Mavrokefalidis is DOMINATING!

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-02-2008, 02:45 PM
This is update for fans of Timberwolves here on your draft pick Greek player Loukas Mavrokefalidis who is now play in Greek club Maroussi (which is one of best and richest Greek clubs). He is starting center of team and is play in Eurocup which is second level of Europe the one below Euroleague level.

He has begun to realize his potential now. You should know NBA possibility may come for him now. He is dominating and crushing opposition so far in Eurocup games. So far he is BEST PLAYER in whole league!:rollin

This is same league that have players like Brad Newley, Boki Nachbar, Carlos Delfino, Jannero Pargo, Jorge Garbajosa, Robertas Javtokas, Jumaine Jones, and others.

Mavro is so far best player in whole league! If he keep this up he have good chance make Greek national team for 2009 European Championship. Also I can give update on your draft pick player Nikola Pekovic. He is now key center of Greek club Panathinaikos and is do very well.

He is one of 3 best centers in Euroleague so far this year along with Ioannis Bouroussis and Tiago Splitter. He is dominant player in offense and has very good potential for NBA. Only thing is his defense and rebounding so far is poor for top 16 Euroleague level and he must get better in these.

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
:tu nice sig.

The Troll Whisperer
12-02-2008, 03:16 PM
To rehabilitate trolls like Kill Bill Pana, you must have calm, assertive energy. Show that you are dominant.

The Troll Whisperer
12-02-2008, 03:16 PM
This is update for fans of Timberwolves here on your draft pick Greek player Loukas Mavrokefalidis who is now play in Greek club Maroussi (which is one of best and richest Greek clubs). He is starting center of team and is play in Eurocup which is second level of Europe the one below Euroleague level.

He has begun to realize his potential now. You should know NBA possibility may come for him now. He is dominating and crushing opposition so far in Eurocup games. So far he is BEST PLAYER in whole league!:rollin

This is same league that have players like Brad Newley, Boki Nachbar, Carlos Delfino, Jannero Pargo, Jorge Garbajosa, Robertas Javtokas, Jumaine Jones, and others.

Mavro is so far best player in whole league! If he keep this up he have good chance make Greek national team for 2009 European Championship. Also I can give update on your draft pick player Nikola Pekovic. He is now key center of Greek club Panathinaikos and is do very well.

He is one of 3 best centers in Euroleague so far this year along with Ioannis Bouroussis and Tiago Splitter. He is dominant player in offense and has very good potential for NBA. Only thing is his defense and rebounding so far is poor for top 16 Euroleague level and he must get better in these.

tsst!

Medvedenko
12-02-2008, 04:09 PM

So you pimp Loukas as the greatest Centre in the L and also throw out these players....hmmm a lot of bigs there.... Oh and Thumbs Up on the sig.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-02-2008, 04:39 PM
So you pimp Loukas as the greatest Centre in the L and also throw out these players....hmmm a lot of bigs there.... Oh and Thumbs Up on the sig.

I said best PLAYER so far that include all positions.

Failure
12-03-2008, 11:44 AM

Im proud of you...

tlongII
12-03-2008, 12:10 PM
You need stop spread the BULLSHIT LIES!

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-13-2009, 05:38 PM
http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ulebcup/home/news/player-spotlight/i/42111/547

Player Spotlight: Loukas Mavrokefalides, Maroussi Costa Coffee
Loukas Mavrokefalides - Maroussi Costa CoffeeGoing into the last week of the Eurocup regular season, Maroussi Costa Coffee not only holds its Last 16 fate in its hands, but can rely on another pair of huge ones belonging to Loukas Mavrokefalides to carry the team if necessary. At 25, the 2.08-meter Mavrokefalides is well-travelled as one of the most promising big men in Europe, but since landing at Maroussi this season, he has truly thrived. Through the first five Eurocup games in Group A, Mavrokefalides is leading Maroussi with 15.2 points per game while shooting 58% on two-pointers and 85.7% on free throws. Maroussi visits Chorale Roanne in France on Tuesday knowing that a victory sends it to the Last 16 no matter what. Expect an inspired Mavrokefalides to lead the charge. "Although my numbers are improved, I am still not satisfied," he told Eurocupbasketball.com. "I feel that I can play much better and remain at a high level, but I have to prove it to everybody."

Mavrokefalides, which means "the man with a black head", started to play basketball at the age of eight, when his father put a backboard in the courtyard of their house. He later moved to PAOK, one of the famous clubs in nearby Thessaloniki, where he spent five seasons and made his name in both Greek and international basketball. "PAOK is a big part of my life, not only my career," Mavrokefalides says. "I have a lot of memories from there, playing together with Kostas Vassiliadis and Panagiotis Vassilopoulos. I met them again last year in Olympiacos, but the conditions have changed and things are more professional than in our adolescence."

In that process of professionalism, the summer of 2006 was a turning point for Mavrokefalides. He had just been named the Greek League's most improved player after averaging 16.7 points and 8.4 rebounds per game, ranking third and second, respectively, in those categories. After being selected in the second round of the NBA draft by Minnesota that June, Mavrokefalides chose instead to move within Europe and play for Virtus Roma of Italy. Also that summer, he battled hard to try to be on the Greek national team and was cut just three hours before the tipoff of the World Championships, where Greece took the silver medal. "It was a great summer, full of experiences and emotions," he confirms. "I had the opportunity to open my horizons and think more seriously about my career."

Loukas Mavrokefalides - Maroussi Costa CoffeeAlthough Mavrokefalidis is considered as a talented player with a lot of potential , things didn't work for him as well as he expected after leaving PAOK. He lasted only half a season in Rome, then was transferred to Pamesa Valencia of Spain. "I had some injuries and adjustment problems which didn't allow me to play as I could, either in Roma or in Valencia," he says. After the 2006-07 season, Mavrokefalidis came back to Greece and signed for Olympiacos, where he teamed up again with his former PAOK buddies Vassiliadis and Vassilopoulos, not to mention his mentor, assistant coach Giannis Sferopoulos. He averaged only 3.7 points, however, not enough for him to stay in Piraeus, so this season he moved once again, to Maroussi.

Eight years after his professional debut, Mavrokefalides is a player who still calls plenty of attention. Despite his size, that of a classic power forward, he has outstanding technique and impressive flexibility that allow him to use plenty of moves and maneuvers on offense. And he plans on getting better. "There is always room to improve things in your game: the defense, the speed, the moves at the low post, even the basics, such as shooting, dribbling and passing," he says. "Now, looking back to my early days, I realize that I was a little bit lazy."

On his fifth team in just four seasons, Mavrokefalidis has obviously found Maroussi to his liking - and vice-versa.

"Now I feel good and I am working hard in order to take advantage of the opportunities," he says. "I have no excuses for my ups and downs, but now I am getting more experience and maturity. Now, I believe that I need less changes and more stability in my career in order to get mature and stabilize my game on one decent level."

Maturity has had more effect than just better numbers and a successful situation at the end of the Eurocup regular season. Mavrokefalides feels happy at Maroussi.

"I feel the joy of the game," he emphasizes. "I feel lucky but also blessed because my main concern is still the game, and I try to find a new motivation every day for improving my game. When I was a child, my dream was to play in the Greek League and on the national team. Now I am 25 years old and my goals are to win a title, to stay healthy and to live every moment on the court with the same energy. I hope I will stay at a good level and help my team to achieve it goals both in the Greek League and the Eurocup, where we have big ambitions."

Maroussi advanced to Top 16 of Eurocup today. Mavro has been a huge player so far this year, he is one of top candidates so far for MVP award.

cnyc3
01-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I wonder if he's getting paid on time

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-13-2009, 06:15 PM
I wonder if he's getting paid on time

yes Greek player association report all Maroussi players gets all their money and on time. Owner of team is part of very big construction company family in Athens.

Pistons < Spurs
01-13-2009, 06:44 PM
So this guy, "the man with a black head", has just now begun to realize his potential ........ Great!

Unfortunately, he's already 25. By the time he's any good, he'll be forced to retire.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-13-2009, 06:53 PM
So this guy, "the man with a black head", has just now begun to realize his potential ........ Great!

Unfortunately, he's already 25. By the time he's any good, he'll be forced to retire.

Idiot. he is having MUCH better season in same league than NBA players like Delfino and Pargo. He is already good.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-14-2009, 05:50 PM
http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ulebcup/home/news/i/42292/448

Week 6 MVP: Loukas Mavrokefalidis, Maroussi Costa Coffee

Not only did Maroussi Costa Coffee become the Group A champion and qualify to the Last 16 on the final date of the regular season, but big man Loukas Mavrokefalidis became the Week 6 MVP with a performance index rating of 34. Mavrokefalidis led Maroussi to a 72-83 road win against Chorale Roanne with 22 points on 8-for-11 two-pointers and 2-for-3 triples. He added 13 rebounds, 4 assists, a steal, a block and 2 fouls drawn, good for a 34 index.

endrity
01-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Idiot. he is having MUCH better season in same league than NBA players like Delfino and Pargo. He is already good.

Why do you always resort to offending people who barely dare to question you????

Indazone
01-14-2009, 07:28 PM
tsst!

I thought I heard a balloon leak?