PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass International

MaNuMaNiAc
12-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Anyone seen this?

http://ilp.nba.com/

Go and get yours @ https://ilp.nba.com (https://ilp.nba.com/)
NBA League Pass Broadband is currently available in the following regions:
Argentina
Australia
Brazil
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
India
Italy
Japan
South Korea
Mexico
Norway
Philippines
Russia
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom
Israel NBA All-Access members please note: NBA League Pass Broadband registration is separate from All-Access. You will need to newly create your username and password.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What games will I be able to watch?

All televised games during the 2008-09 regular season are available. The games you can watch will vary depending on your location and local television broadcast schedules.

2. Where is the product available?

The product is currently available for purchase in the following countries:
Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Philippines, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, UK .

3. What are blackouts?

Online blackouts may occur if a television broadcaster in your area is carrying the same game on TV. If you are not able to view a live game online, you may be blacked out of the game. Consult your local television listings for the broadcast information on that game. If you feel you are blacked out incorrectly, please contact support at [email protected]

4. I am in the US can I access the games?

This version of NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband is only available to users in the identified countries outside of the US . US users should access the product at: NBA.com - NBA League Pass (http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html)

5. I purchased a monthly subscription, how do I cancel?

Monthly subscribers can cancel their subscription or update their account information at Your Country Is Not Supported (http://ilp.nba.com/Profile/AccountInfo.aspx)

6. Can I use my NBA All-Access login?

NBA League Pass Broadband registration is separate from All-Access. You will need to create a separate username and password.

7. What are the minimum hardware requirements for the viewer?

Windows/PC Version:
Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or Intel Core 1.6GHz (SSE2-enabled processor required for AMD systems)
512MB of RAM
50MB of available hard-disk space for installation
Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista
Microsoft DirectX compatible sound card and display adapter Macintosh Version:

Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
Safari 3 browser or higher
Any Mac with Intel CPU
Recommended memory is 512MB but is not mandatory.
Flash Player 9,0,28,0 or higher.
8. What are the minimum bandwidth requirements for the viewer?

Broadband connection, such as DSL or Cable, with at least 1Mbps download bandwidth.

9. How much bandwidth does the viewer use?

It will vary between 0.5Mbps 1.0 Mbps. Actual bandwidth usage may change during the program being watched depending on the amount of the video data transferred.

10. Can I run other programs while I am watching NBA League Pass Broadband?

Yes. Even when the application is maximized to full screen, your other applications will continue to run in the background.

11. Will the viewing quality decrease if I am using other applications?

Applications which consume high bandwidth, such as file sharing application (e.g. emule, bitorrent), may compete with NBA League Pass Broadband on the same bandwidth, and thus reduce video quality. It is recommended to close these applications while watching RayV or limit their bandwidth usage. Downloading large files or using real-time applications, such as VoIP, may reduce video quality as well.

12. What are the supported platforms RayV runs on?
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows XP home edition with Service Pack 2
Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
13. What are the supported browsers for the embedded viewer?
Microsoft IE version 6.0 and above
Mozilla Firefox version 2.0 and above
Safari 3 on MacOS and above
14. How do I change the screen size?

Click the arrow icon on the bottom right corner to display the video control buttons and then click the "full screen" button. To return to normal mode, click the button again.

15. What should I do in case of a firewall/NAT?
Personal firewall: You need to allow RayV application to access the Internet when prompted with the firewall warning message.
Residential firewall: The RayV application self discovers and knows how to interact with it in order to properly assure video reception.
Corporate (business) firewall: Requires support from an IT professional within the organization. The following setting to the firewall are required:
Allow outbound TCP traffic to port 25793
Statically map the following UDP ports on the viewer to ports on the Firewall public IP address: 22556 & 22557
16. How do I report a problem?

Send an email to [email protected] or click on the support link found on the web page displaying the embedded viewer.

17. What is the video and audio quality?

Video quality:
Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
Frames per second: 24-30 fps
H.264 encoded Audio quality:
44Khz, 16bit
AAC encoded (equal to MP3 quality)
18. Can I watch NBA League Pass Broadband on a large screen (e.g. LCD, Plasma)?

Yes but currently quality is adequate for display on commonly available screens. We plan to launch high-definition channels in future releases to allow superb video quality.

19. Can I record a program from League Pass Broadband and watch it later?

Every game on NBA League Pass Broadband is available to watch on replay for up to 24 hours after the live game.

20. Are game archives available?

All games are available to watch on replay for 24 hours after they are completed. The games are replayed on a loop. When you click on the watch link you are acessing the game at the point it is in the replay loop.

21. How do I contact support?

Online support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please send an email to [email protected]

MaNuMaNiAc
12-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Very good price IMO, specially if this means I get to watch most Spurs games on a good quality stream

Spurs Brazil
12-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks,
I'll take a look

Kobayagi
12-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Where's Slovenia?

Those nba fucktards... :bang:fl

Good thing those Norwegians get to see the games. They don't even have a basketball team or league or whatever.:rolleyes

Frenchise player
12-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I have it, and I approve.
The broadcast is good (no HD but better than anything I found on the web) for a relatively small price.

There are some drawbacks, first some games are not broadcasted for mysterious reasons. Here in France there is already two Spurs games that weren't broadcasted. I think it has to do with wether there is a channel in your country that is broadcasting the game or not. For instance today, I can't find the Spurs game so I have to look at the other options.

Second problem, in principle you can rewatch the game the day after, it would be great for countries like mine where the games are between 2 AM and 4 AM but in practice it doesn't work, the streaming begins randomly at one point of the game.

All in all I don't regret paying for these games but it is still early in the season.

zhougc
12-02-2008, 09:38 PM
we can watch the game of spurs on internet, but, where is China?

Matchman
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM

china? nah they dont need it. all they wanna see is yao and their state-run national tv carries every single one of the rockets games:lol

zhougc
12-02-2008, 11:27 PM
china? nah they dont need it. all they wanna see is yao and their state-run national tv carries every single one of the rockets games:lol Yao? Yes, to a lot of people, but to me, and also lots of people, Tim is the favourite player.

fotan2
12-02-2008, 11:36 PM
what is the price ? can't even find a word about the price from that long artical

MaNuMaNiAc
12-02-2008, 11:37 PM
what is the price ? can't even find a word about the price from that long artical

Click the link

cze1860
12-03-2008, 12:43 AM

not have China on the list.......

cze1860
12-03-2008, 12:45 AM
china? nah they dont need it. all they wanna see is yao and their state-run national tv carries every single one of the rockets games:lol

agree,+1

LiYuan
04-20-2009, 07:00 AM
hi guys. i buy NBA League Pass International 'PREMIUM PLAYOFFS PACKAGE' and i have 1 question. How many games i can watch? there is some limits? I ask cos i watched 3games in 18april, and when i want to watch some game day later i can't. There was some message ' your subscription expired' Today I check and i can watch game, so i am quite confusion. Can you help me understand how it work?

Rogue
04-20-2009, 07:09 AM
hi guys. i buy NBA League Pass International 'PREMIUM PLAYOFFS PACKAGE' and i have 1 question. How many games i can watch? there is some limits? I ask cos i watched 3games in 18april, and when i want to watch some game day later i can't. There was some message ' your subscription expired' Today I check and i can watch game, so i am quite confusion. Can you help me understand how it work?
it's not availible in china, is it? :hat

Rogue
04-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Argentina
Australia
Brazil
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
India
Italy
Japan
South Korea
Mexico
Norway
Philippines
Russia
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom
Israel
LMAO @ chinese basketball fans, even Japan and S.K. are included. :lmao well, I'm also a chinese fan. :lol

sonic21
04-20-2009, 07:17 AM
hey rogue,
are they only broadcasting rockets games in china?

colargol
04-20-2009, 07:34 AM
I have it, and I approve.
The broadcast is good (no HD but better than anything I found on the web) for a relatively small price.

There are some drawbacks, first some games are not broadcasted for mysterious reasons. Here in France there is already two Spurs games that weren't broadcasted. I think it has to do with wether there is a channel in your country that is broadcasting the game or not. For instance today, I can't find the Spurs game so I have to look at the other options.

Second problem, in principle you can rewatch the game the day after, it would be great for countries like mine where the games are between 2 AM and 4 AM but in practice it doesn't work, the streaming begins randomly at one point of the game.

All in all I don't regret paying for these games but it is still early in the season.

Sorry for those who don't read french it's gonna be easier for me....

J'avais, moi aussi, trouvé cette proposition sur nba.com mais j'avais des doutes sur les ressources nécessaires..J'hésite encore à le faire n'etant pas sûr de la qualité finale....Tu me sembles satisfait?
Quelle est la qualité de ta connection...n'y a t il pas de problemes à ce niveau?
Te remerciant d'avance..

LiYuan
04-20-2009, 07:49 AM
@Rogue (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14710) iam not from China;] Iam polish guy. So anyone tell me, is there some limits or not?

Rogue
04-20-2009, 08:12 AM
hey rogue,
are they only broadcasting rockets games in china?
nope, sometimes they also broadcast some games without rockets playing in. I watched the spurs' game against our boys in blue the other day, on TV. it's really a great win for our boys in blue, but the spurs still have a slim chance to make the second round, it's only the first game of the series and the spurs used to turn it around in 03, 05, 07 after losing the game 1. :lol

Rogue
04-20-2009, 08:16 AM
@LiYuan your name sounds pretty chinese anyway, your name tells everything. it's impossible for you to cheat on a native chinese person. :lol

Slomo
04-20-2009, 08:57 AM

They are having problems not so much with the streams, which work fine, but with the website handling the authentication and stream selection. I think they didn't anticipate such a large traffic.
You can watch as many live games as you like and as many replays of those games as you want within 24 hours after the game. The reason for that message was an overload of the authentication server.

Sorry for those who don't read french it's gonna be easier for me....

J'avais, moi aussi, trouvé cette proposition sur nba.com mais j'avais des doutes sur les ressources nécessaires..J'hésite encore à le faire n'etant pas sûr de la qualité finale....Tu me sembles satisfait?
Quelle est la qualité de ta connection...n'y a t il pas de problemes à ce niveau?
Te remerciant d'avance..

The new "HD" premium stream are very nice (not true HD but 16:9 full frame almost HD - looks very nice even on my 52" LCD). You need a minimum 1Mbps download link. They are using a proprietary player that uses a combination of classical streaming and P2P distribution, which means that every viewer also helps with the bandwidth. For the moment it's pretty solid (there's a glitch sometimes but not too bad). I hope they won't sell more subscription than the system can handle since I really like the performance so far.

bobbybob0
04-20-2009, 09:05 AM
That's some good news.

Less then 35€ for the playoff package, I think I'm gonna buy it.

romain.star
04-20-2009, 10:13 AM
thanx manumaniac !

btw, is it possible to pay for SA games only or do we have to buy the whole playoffs package?

eisfeld
04-20-2009, 10:22 AM
not available in my country - what a surprise :(

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Where's Slovenia?

Those nba fucktards... :bang:fl

Good thing those Norwegians get to see the games. They don't even have a basketball team or league or whatever.:rolleyes

Yes Norway has a basketball league.

Slomo
04-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Yes Norway has a basketball league.

That was a year ago. ILP is now available in more than 100 countries (yes, Slovenia too!)

Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen

LiYuan
04-23-2009, 02:30 PM
What are the minimum bandwidth requirements for the viewer?

Broadband connection, such as DSL or Cable, with at least 1.0Mbps download bandwidth for Standard Definition (SD) and at least 1.5Mbps for High Definition (HD)

They mean download or uplaod?

hater
04-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Argentina
Australia
Brazil
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
India
Italy
Japan
South Korea
Mexico
Norway
Philippines
Russia
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom
Israel
LMAO @ chinese basketball fans, even Japan and S.K. are included. :lmao well, I'm also a chinese fan. :lol

dude, china streams anything and everything for free. why would a chinese pay for it?

Darthkiller
04-23-2009, 03:21 PM
dude, china streams anything and everything for free. why would a chinese pay for it?

true.:lobt2:

Slomo
04-23-2009, 03:22 PM
What are the minimum bandwidth requirements for the viewer?

Broadband connection, such as DSL or Cable, with at least 1.0Mbps download bandwidth for Standard Definition (SD) and at least 1.5Mbps for High Definition (HD)

They mean download or uplaod?

Download speed. Speed of data from the internet to your computer.

Because they finally did the right thing, they are offering the stream at minimum Standard Def. Compared to the quality of the pirate streams this is a no brainer. Of course people who can't afford the price will still watch the illegal streams, but those can't be stopped anyway and that's not really the client base that nba.com is targeting.

LiYuan
04-23-2009, 04:27 PM
guys iam not from china:] its only nickname(from book 'chung kuo' )

@Slomo (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=121) thx