PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers suck major snake A$$

sook
12-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Not really...but you don't get to create these threads too often :lol

Same exact way the rockets lost to the pacers. O' Bryan is a hell of a coach too

Many PackYao
12-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Snake ass? WTF?:lol

sook
12-02-2008, 09:44 PM
The Lakers had 45 FTs so don't complain about the officiating, it was pretty biased towards LA.

Ariza is a fucking beast though, i want to see him more often

Pacers knock out : LA, Hou, Celtics (18 points) yet they lose to scrub teams...anyone care to explain?

Roxsfan
12-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Lakers suck and this is why the celts raped them in the finals:downspin::lmao

relax^ that's a joke:wow:toast

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Lakers suck and this is why the celts raped them in the finals:downspin::lmao

relax^ that's a joke:wow:toast

It's the truth. No Bynum in the 4th pisses me off.

Reck
12-02-2008, 09:49 PM
The Pacers played good.

So the Lakers fall to a bottom feeder team. Nice.

jacobdrj
12-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Not really...but you don't get to create these threads too often :lol

Same exact way the rockets lost to the pacers. O' Bryan is a hell of a coach too

Jim Obrien is a phenominal coach. He is one of the few people to outcoach Rick Carlisle in the playoffs...

Boston Vs Pistons 2002... Hell of a series...

He is a new school coach. One of very few in the NBA so far.

mystargtr34
12-02-2008, 09:50 PM
The Lakers had 45 FTs so don't complain about the officiating, it was pretty biased towards LA.

Pacers knock out : LA, Hou, Celtics (18 points) yet they lose to scrub teams...anyone care to explain?

That Pacers team has lost alot of close games to good teams, games where they have had pretty big leads.

They alot better then theyre 7-10 record. Once they grow and learn how to close out games, i think they can make the playoffs. That Jermaine trade is looking like a steal for them right now.

Roxsfan
12-02-2008, 09:55 PM
It's the truth. No Bynum in the 4th pisses me off.
no--lakers don't suck.

as much as i get upset at some ultra-arrogant lakers fans--I would actually rather have LA beat the Celts should stern allow them to meet up again.

LnGrrrR
12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Jim Obrien is a phenominal coach. He is one of the few people to outcoach Rick Carlisle in the playoffs...

Boston Vs Pistons 2002... Hell of a series...

He is a new school coach. One of very few in the NBA so far.

O'Brien did good with Antoine Walker in the lineup. That has to count for something. :D

kcplayboi_26
12-02-2008, 09:57 PM

almost beat suns too, pacers are pretty legit. didnt knw granger was that good til the suns game

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 10:04 PM
no--lakers don't suck.

as much as i get upset at some ultra-arrogant lakers fans--I would actually rather have LA beat the Celts should stern allow them to meet up again.

What I meant, is that games like this is why we lost Boston.

Matchman
12-02-2008, 10:07 PM
damn im late to this party :downspin:

sook
12-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Kobe has fallen in love with his mid-range jumper to a fault. On his last shot he should have taken the fucking ball to the hole with a 7fter on him but instead he pulls up for a 15ft jumper. I knew it was game time when Indiana got the ball back. Did Ariza and Bynum piss PJ off by playing so good or what?

Did Odom play tonight?:(

Dude the way Kobe was playing in the 3rd i thought he would have 50, no way you can nail the loss on him. He was so creative around the basket and at one point scored 14 straight including a self alley oop :p:

hhml
12-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Lakers derserved to lose this with the way the played D (or lack-of). But I rather they lose by 7+ pts rather than 1. This hurts a lot more. A couple of notes:

1. Blew a 16 pts lead in the 4th.
2. Missed FTs. If they only had made some more FTs, this game never would've come down to this. I knew their inconsistency at the line will cost them sooner or later. I don't know why they don't work on the Ft. Celtics are a much better FT shooting team.
3. Fish getting burned on every play by ford.
4. Why was Bynum out so long in the 4th?
5. Horrible, horrible D in the last few games. They've been giving away at least 26+ pts in the first quarter of the last 3 or so games. If they want to win it this year, they're going to have to play some serious D (like the Celts). Otherwise, I don't see the Lakers beating them.

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Lakers derserved to lose this with the way the played D (or lack-of). But I rather they lose by 7+ pts rather than 1. This hurts a lot more. A couple of notes:

1. Blew a 16 pts lead in the 4th.
2. Missed FTs. If they only had made some more FTs, this game never would've come down to this. I knew their inconsistency at the line will cost them sooner or later. I don't know why they don't work on the Ft. Celtics are a much better FT shooting team.
3. Fish getting burned on every play by ford.
4. Why was Bynum out so long in the 4th?
5. Horrible, horrible D in the last few games. They've been giving away at least 26+ pts in the first quarter of the last 3 or so games. If they want to win it this year, they're going to have to play some serious D (like the Celts). Otherwise, I don't see the Lakers beating them.

:tu Nice post. agreed on everything, especially #4

YellowFever
12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
No...the Lakers don't suck.

But this game was a classic example why I still question their mental toughness.

Vlads gotta go. His two or three three pointers in a given game is not enough to make up for his idiot mistakes.

Odom has gotta go also. Same reason as Vlad. His two or three awesome hustle plays during a given game is not enough to also make up for his idiocy. Surely as the Sun rises in the East he will commit an offensive foul or throw the ball out of bounds when the Lakers need two.

There are very few Lakers with mental toughness.

Kobe , of course.

And I think Farmar has the toughness but he still makes mental mistakes (and I mean alot of them).

And alot of people will disagree with me but Sasha has mental toughness because he was one of two players on this team that wasn't afraid to put up shots during the series with the Celtics (making them is a totally different story though..lol).

Fisher is putting up godawful shots because he wants to prove that he is just as instrumental to this team as Kobe is ..and he's not.

Bynum, Gasol and Ariza, while having their moments, are still unproven as far as mental toughness is concerned, I think.

Bynum is showing glimpses or mental toughness but Gasol will never be a mental giant....although he does have excellent skills for a big man.

Yes, they will come out of the West but right now, I put their chance against the likes of Boston and Detroit in a 7 games series at 50% (and I'm being generous because I am a Laker homer...lol)

SpursDynasty
12-02-2008, 10:36 PM
There really isn't a need to make an entire thread over the Lakers losing. They were pretty much expected to lose tonight. When they aren't being spoonfed 11 Staples Center games out of their first 15 games, they lose. Good job tonight Indiana, they just went out and did what they were supposed to do.

lefty
12-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Basically, play small ball to get Bynum out of the game and you have a chance to beat L.A

Bynum > Kobe

YellowFever
12-02-2008, 10:39 PM
There really isn't a need to make an entire thread over the Lakers losing. They were pretty much expected to lose tonight. When they aren't being spoonfed 11 Staples Center games out of their first 15 games, they lose. Good job tonight Indiana, they just went out and did what they were supposed to do.

I agree but then why did YOU start a thread stating the Lakers would lose (congrats..you are right twice this season about the Lakers, by the way) if it wasn't such a big deal?

YellowFever
12-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Basically, play small ball to get Bynum out of the game and you have a chance to beat L.A

Bynum > Kobe

No..they kicked the asses of just about every other team that tried.

The Pacer's scrub big men just out muscled our so called twin towers.

lefty
12-02-2008, 10:44 PM

I know, I was just trying to start another debate :D

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM
I know, I was just trying to start another debate :D

You wont get one. All the trolls wont be on for a while since we lost.

A Bomb
12-02-2008, 10:47 PM
What really killed the Lakers are Phil and Kobe's arrogance, they are acting as if they have already been crowned the 09' champions and it's starting to rub off on the rest of the team. Phil either needs to grow some balls and get in Kobe's and Fisher's faces for chucking up bad shots and stopping the flow of offensive and for playing matador defense.

All in all it was a good loss.

SpursDynasty
12-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I agree but then why did YOU start a thread stating the Lakers would lose (congrats..you are right twice this season about the Lakers, by the way) if it wasn't such a big deal?

It was the game thread.

A Bomb
12-02-2008, 10:52 PM

Bynum and Gasol couldn't close out on Indiana's bigs jumpshots, because the Lakers' guards were constantly getting burned forcing Bynum/Gasol to help. If Bynum and Gasol both get more shots per game than Kobe and Fish, Lakers will dominate everygame they play.

cobbler
12-02-2008, 10:52 PM
What really killed the Lakers are Phil and Kobe's arrogance, they are acting as if they have already been crowned the 09' champions and it's starting to rub off on the rest of the team. Phil either needs to grow some balls and get in Kobe's and Fisher's faces for chucking up bad shots and stopping the flow of offensive and for playing matador defense.

Thank you for seeing what I am. Everybody blaming Odom for this loss blows me away. It was turnovers, terrible shot selection, and lack of KILLER attitide when they got up by 16.

Are you the ABomb that posts on the Suns board?

cobbler
12-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Bynum and Gasol couldn't close out on Indiana's bigs jumpshots, because the Lakers' guards were constantly getting burned forcing Bynum/Gasol to help. If Bynum and Gasol both get more shots per game than Kobe and Fish, Lakers will dominate everygame they play.

It is going to be our downfall this year if there is one. Speedy point guards CONSTANTLY burn both Fish and Farmar which takes the bigs out of position.

Lakers_55
12-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Hey, I'll face the music, we sucked big time.
We couldn't shoot freethrows.
We couldn't rebound.
We couldn't close them out.
We turned the ball over repeatedly alowing them back in.

We know we should have won this, but we didn't. Time to man up and do better next time. Good game Pacers, you deserved it.

A Bomb
12-02-2008, 11:11 PM
It is going to be our downfall this year if there is one. Speedy point guards CONSTANTLY burn both Fish and Farmar which takes the bigs out of position.

Even average guards will be able to penetrate against elite defenders if they're bodying them from way above the 3point line. Fish just has a low bball iq (same goes for Kobe), bad shot selections, can't read the open court and the only way he plays defense is to body pple up and play physical. I mean wtf give Ford the outside shot and play off of him, and Phil lets it go on and on.

No, I dont post on the Suns board.

YellowFever
12-02-2008, 11:16 PM

I wholeheartedly agree.

Hey, it's a Guard's league right now.

Maybe Jackson should think about starting Farmar ahead of Fish?

Our guards will still get burned but at least Farmar will try to give as good as he's getting, instead of taking 22 footers with someone in his face like Fish does.

tlongII
12-02-2008, 11:18 PM
The Lakers don't suck.

They just aren't as good as the Blazers.

cobbler
12-02-2008, 11:22 PM
I wholeheartedly agree.

Hey, it's a Guard's league right now.

Maybe Jackson should think about starting Farmar ahead of Fish?

Our guards will still get burned but at least Farmar will try to give as good as he's getting, instead of taking 22 footers with someone in his face like Fish does.

Farmar gets torched more than Fish but you may be correct...at least he may return the favor.

A Bomb
12-02-2008, 11:24 PM
The Lakers don't suck.

Sorry, even tho the Blazers have the better leader, the Lakers still have the better over all team. MUAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

Banzai
12-02-2008, 11:25 PM
The Lakers don't suck.

I'll agree with you on that. As for your second response...I will have to disagree.:toast

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Sorry, even tho the Blazers have the better leader, the Lakers still have the better over all team. MUAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

Better leader? Are you smoking?

turiaf for president
12-02-2008, 11:32 PM
i think its time to experiment the lamar pau and drew starting lineup

A Bomb
12-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Better leader? Are you smoking?

Yes, I do smoke Marlboros???:lmao

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 11:34 PM
The one thing I did like about tonights loss was the DNP next to Luke's name.

hhml
12-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Phil should've put in LO, kobe, ariza, pau, and drew on the last play. At least that unit had some length to bother shots and get the rebound.