PDA

View Full Version : Trade Odom

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Trade his sorry ass for some peanuts. It makes me sick when he is in there in the 4th.

mystargtr34
12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Well take him for Oberto, Bonner and Thomas.

Salaries match.

Throw in Ariza to even out roster numbers.

:toast

DrHouse
12-02-2008, 09:59 PM
The only reason he's in the game is so that his ego doesn't get destroyed. Phil knows full well that Odom is utterly useless when the game is on the line, I think he's doing this to send a message to Odom. You're not as good as you think you are, and you can't be relied upon when the game is on the line. Odom will have to accept that Bynum+Pau is far more important on the floor than his sorry ass.

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Odom has made KG look like MJ in the 4th over the years.

cobbler
12-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Trade his sorry ass for some peanuts. It makes me sick when he is in there in the 4th.

You are absolutely clueless! Lamar leads the team in +/- this year. He's playing great and is also a key person in TEAM chemistry.

The blame for this game is clearly on PJ for not making in game adjustments properly.

They were up 16 pts... on the first night of a back to back. That is why Bynum was sitting in the 4th. Turnovers killed the lakers. Farmar was awful.

sook
12-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Odumb

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 10:08 PM
I was waiting for other fans to say ‘'You don't know how valuable Odumb'' is.

cobbler
12-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Why is it you guys think Odom was the fault in the 4th? I saw way more mistakes by Fish letting Ford just go wherever he wished yet no mention of that. I am one of Odom's biggest critics... but you cannot blame this loss on him. The TEAM defense was awful.

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Why is it you guys think Odom was the fault in the 4th? I saw way more mistakes by Fish letting Ford just go wherever he wished yet no mention of that. I am one of Odom's biggest critics... but you cannot blame this loss on him. The TEAM defense was awful.

I blame it more on Phil for leaving him in.

Flo-Rida
12-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Marion and blount for Odom, lets get it done

cobbler
12-02-2008, 10:14 PM
I blame it more on Phil for leaving him in.

But tell me... what exactly did he do wrong? Kobe and Gasol missed the crucial shots not Lamar. Fish was the one letting Ford penetrate the lane on EVERY possesion. Granger was 10 for 27 against Gasol/Odom... he only scored his 32 because of volumne. Again, I have been a huge critic of Odom in past years. This year he is playing great and i just dont see how you can fault him for the 4th qtr collapse.

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 10:17 PM
He becomes Casper. Dude wont take a shot in the 4th if his life depended on it. Ok, Cobb?

cobbler
12-02-2008, 10:27 PM
He becomes Casper. Dude wont take a shot in the 4th if his life depended on it. Ok, Cobb?

We can agree to disagree. First off...you have Kobe and this attitude when it becomes crunch time... it has to go thru him. Second, they dont even go up by 1 if not for the exceptional bounce pass by Lamar to Gasol in the paint. etc etc...

The loss was the result of offensive turnovers and two missed clutch shots... taken by Gasol and Kobe... not Odom. Again, I would be the first to throw blame on Lamar if i saw it... just didnt in this game.

This loss is actually a good thing for tha Lakers. Things were comming too easy for them and they are getting way too used to thinking they can just go on a run anytime. They have all the tools to win it all. No trades are needed. All they need is to get that KILLER instinct and not get full of themselves.

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 10:31 PM
We can agree to disagree. First off...you have Kobe and this attitude when it becomes crunch time... it has to go thru him. Second, they dont even go up by 1 if not for the exceptional bounce pass by Lamar to Gasol in the paint. etc etc...

The loss was the result of offensive turnovers and two missed clutch shots... taken by Gasol and Kobe... not Odom. Again, I would be the first to throw blame on Lamar if i saw it... just didnt in this game.

This loss is actually a good thing for tha Lakers. Things were comming too easy for them and they are getting way too used to thinking they can just go on a run anytime. They have all the tools to win it all. No trades are needed. All they need is to get that KILLER instinct and not get full of themselves.

Agreed this loss could be a good thing. But, man. We were getting killed on the boards.

SpursDynasty
12-02-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't think Lamar Odom needs to be traded. He just isn't star material. Nor are the Lakers elite. They lost tonight, just doing what they were supposed to do. A team like the Lakers isn't expected to win 60+ games. That's for the elite teams such as the Celtics who currently own the best record in the league at 17-2.

cobbler
12-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Agreed this loss could be a good thing. But, man. We were getting killed on the boards.

I think... a big reason for this is because Fish and Farmar were getting beat EVERY possesion by Ford which in turn causes the bigs to have to compensate and take them out of position. Also, other teams are now figuring out that the Lakers new D leaves the weakside 3 open and are moveing the ball. Pacers took a lot of 3's which create long rebounds.

I am rel curious to see how they come out tomorrow night. Their ATTITUDE after this loss will be very telling on how far they will go this season. IMO

hhml
12-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Can't blame this loss on Odom. I'm just curious as to why the last 2 shots were contested jumpers by Pau and Kobe? Pau should've posted up inside; Kobe should've drive and create. Where was the D all night? The Pacers had open 3s after 3s with no one even near on several occasions.

JamStone
12-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Because Chris Mihm and Luke Walton should be getting those back-up big minutes right?

Matchman
12-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Odom + Ariza for Battier + Head?

cobbler
12-02-2008, 10:57 PM

Put down the bong....

Lakers_55
12-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Relax IM. We are going to lose more games like this one. 14-2 is still on pace for 70 wins, although I think 60 is 100 times more attainable.

No team is as deep as this one. No team is better than us. This loss didn't eliminate us from contention or the fight for HCA. No team is eliminated.

Odom is part of the team, and the rotation. Let the Lakers lick their wounds and figure things out. Just like when Phil won't call time outs, to let the players figure things out. I have a feeling the Lakers will gain a lot from this experience.

Playoffs are what count, and we are months away from that. Relax and enjoy the ride.

YellowFever
12-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Odom did not cost us this game.

However, I do not even want to give him another chance to cost us a close games in the future....trade him while he's worth something.

you're right, cobbler, the guy is a stat machine....but only for 3 and a half quarters.

Lakers_55
12-02-2008, 11:43 PM
If I was going to make a change, why not bench Fisher and start Sasha? Before you laugh at this, look at the ideas behind it...

Fisher was okay with a reserve role when we got Gary Payton.
Radmanovich is on the court to spread the defense. Sasha out there could spread it more.
Sasha then gets to put out or get rid of him.

turiaf for president
12-02-2008, 11:43 PM
odom for hinrich

stretch
12-02-2008, 11:44 PM
i would love to trade Howard for Odom.

cobbler
12-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Odom did not cost us this game.

However, I do not even want to give him another chance to cost us a close games in the future....trade him while he's worth something.

you're right, cobbler, the guy is a stat machine....but only for 3 and a half quarters.

Then play him for 3 and a half... the answer is not trading him. Thats on PJ.

Don't underestimate the impact he has on team chemistry.

IronMexican
12-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Starting Sasha would eliminate Kobe's back up. It could make Trevor start, though.

DrHouse
12-03-2008, 12:17 AM
I think we need to adjust to the different teams out there, I mean we are supposed to be the deepest team in the league right?

In the last 5 minutes there was simply no reason for Odom to be on the floor. He did nothing the entire game and became the Casper we all know him to be. That's fine, that's Odom. I know what I get from him. That's why I bench his ass when the game is on the line and I need defense and rebounding. Bynum DESERVED to have played the last 5 minutes, hell even Farmar should have gotten the nod over Fisher who did absolutely nothing all game except get torched on defense and brick shots.

This loss is all on Phil. He blew it, he didn't adjust. It bit him in the ass. I'm starting to question whether he is the right coach for THIS team. It seems he does best with veterans that know their roles already, this team is full of youngsters.

angelbelow
12-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Starting Sasha would eliminate Kobe's back up. It could make Trevor start, though.

trevors got good rhythm has a back up. i would keep him there. besides when bynum and gasol are out there you want shooters.

turiaf for president
12-03-2008, 12:22 AM
mike miller might be available

j-money24
12-03-2008, 12:46 AM
omg.. you lakerfans are pathetic..
why u gotta keep hating on the guy ?

cobbler
12-03-2008, 01:11 AM
He did nothing the entire game and became the Casper we all know him to be. That's fine, that's Odom.

25 mins - 13pts on 50% shooting, 5 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, 4 turnovers

28 mins - 6 pts on 33% shooting, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks, 1 turnover

Fairly similar wouldn't you say?

1st one was Ariza who eveyone is pawning over, 2nd is Odom who everyone is bashing.

Go figure...

omg.. you lakerfans are pathetic..
why u gotta keep hating on the guy ?

I totally agree... Pathetic

IronMexican
12-03-2008, 01:33 AM
LAMAR'S LAST THREE GAMES:
@ IND - 6 pts, 3 reb, 1-3 FG, 28 min
vs. TOR - 3 pts, 10 reb, 1-3 FG, 28 min
vs. DAL - 2 pts, 9 reb, 1-6 FG, 20 min

j-money24
12-03-2008, 01:40 AM
LAMAR'S LAST THREE GAMES:
@ IND - 6 pts, 3 reb, 1-3 FG, 28 min
vs. TOR - 3 pts, 10 reb, 1-3 FG, 28 min
vs. DAL - 2 pts, 9 reb, 1-6 FG, 20 min

i agreee.. BAD STATS for a guy that gets paid 14 mill..
but who can we trade him for ?
if lakers wana trade lamar.. i think they shud go for a Legit PG.
and shakeup the whole line up and by putting ariza at the 3.. im reallly impressed wit ariza play so far.he hasnt disappointed me yet

A Bomb
12-03-2008, 01:45 AM
i agreee.. BAD STATS for a guy that gets paid 14 mill..
but who can we trade him for ?
if lakers wana trade lamar.. i think they shud go for a Legit PG.
and shakeup the whole line up and by putting ariza at the 3.. im reallly impressed wit ariza play so far.he hasnt disappointed me yet

So you think some team will hand over a stud pg to the lakers for LO? Why don't we just trade him for Lebron. :rollin

IronMexican
12-03-2008, 01:46 AM
There are no good PG's to trade for. The answer before the season was TJ Ford.

j-money24
12-03-2008, 01:49 AM
So you think some team will hand over a stud pg to the lakers for LO? Why don't we just trade him for Lebron. :rollin

yes thats exactly wat i ment..

what an idiot.

j-money24
12-03-2008, 01:53 AM
There are no good PG's to trade for. The answer before the season was TJ Ford.

im still up for gettin hinirich...even though hes injured right now and is playing bad..
but i believe if we trade for him..he will be much better wit da system, just like ariza situation, he was worthless in orlando but he has made a difference in LA..and kirk just doesnt seem wanted in chicago so i think they would be down for odom and plus he has an expiring..

Kobe™
12-03-2008, 01:54 AM
our pg defense is atrocious.

Let's get Marion and Hinrich ina 3 way trade
{pipe I know}

Bynum
Gasol
Marion
Kobe
Hinrich

Finito

IronMexican
12-03-2008, 01:54 AM
I was all for Hinrich before he got hurt, but not so much anymore.

turiaf for president
12-03-2008, 01:59 AM
hes contract decreases every year so its not a bad option. maybe we can do a odom and walton for hinrich and nocioni =D

j-money24
12-03-2008, 02:00 AM
hes contract decreases every year so its not a bad option. maybe we can do a odom and walton for hinrich and nocioni =D

i dont think theyd want walton..

cobbler
12-03-2008, 02:04 AM
im still up for gettin hinirich...even though hes injured right now and is playing bad..
but i believe if we trade for him..he will be much better wit da system, just like ariza situation, he was worthless in orlando but he has made a difference in LA..and kirk just doesnt seem wanted in chicago so i think they would be down for odom and plus he has an expiring..

Hinirich is NOT the answer. Ariza worthless in Orlando? Check your facts. Last year before the trade he was riding the bench because they had brought in Van Gundy and were changing their offense. The prior year under Hill... his numbers were better than they are this year with the Lakers. Hmmmmmmm

Kobe™
12-03-2008, 02:17 AM

gtfo.

TheMadHatter
12-03-2008, 03:41 AM
The Lakers desperately need to find a halfway decent defender at the PG spot.

It almost negates Bynum's presence when our PG's get obliterated on the 1st step and he has to come help out immediately. I love Fish, but he is done defensively. He just can't do it anymore against the speedy guards in this league. He has no business starting. Farmar is almost as bad, he has the physical tools to be a good defender but he's not.

RsxPiimp
12-03-2008, 03:58 AM
ridiculous thread.

odom is a key figure for the second units unbelievable chemistry. without him, luke walton will occupy that spot.

odom has done everything the lakers wants him to do. he rebounds he passes he makes plays, he scores.

gtfo with this bullshit. lakers lose collectively as a unit because there's mental lapses on all aspects pertaining to defense.

hhml
12-03-2008, 04:44 AM
gtfo with this bullshit. lakers lose collectively as a unit because there's mental lapses on all aspects pertaining to defense.

Word.

Brazil
12-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Well take him for Oberto, Bonner and Thomas.

Salaries match.

Throw in Ariza to even out roster numbers.

:toast

and for free we offer Jaques V. to close the deal.

Kobe™
12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
As long as Oberto is in a starting lineup, that team will never win.