PDA

View Full Version : Main cause of loss: Parker n Manu

naico
12-02-2008, 11:12 PM
To all the Manu and TP fans being in denial. I get it: ur fans, u don't want any disrespect, they are Spurs legends and have meant a lot for the team and the fans and so on, blablabla. I agree.

But they sucked today and really sucked the life out of the Spurs tonight. They didn't share the ball and didn't respect the playbook. They took us completely out of rythm.
Nobody got involved and the teammates were forced to throw up difficult shots.

Team is everything and they did not respect that today.

lefty
12-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Yes !

Let's trade TP+Manu for Kobe !!!!

Yawn...

timaios
12-02-2008, 11:16 PM
3pt 6/24

naico
12-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Yes !

Let's trade TP+Manu for Kobe !!!!

Yawn...

Yeah thats exactly what i meant smartass!
I love Tony and Manu, but i'm only trying to make a point about tonights play.
We've had guys steppin' up for us (Hill, Mason, Finley, Bonner). And with this kind of play i'm worried it's going to hurt those guys' rythm, not to say confidence. I aint worried about those 2 and i wouldnt wanna trade them, but they need to adjust to everybody!!

xtremesteven33
12-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Its gonna take time folks......calm down

itzsoweezee
12-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Nope. The problem was giving Finley Bowen's minutes. No wonder Detroit shot like 50%. The Spurs defense has been horrible the past few games.

lefty
12-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah thats exactly what i meant smartass!
I love Tony and Manu, but i'm only trying to make a point about tonights play.
We've had guys steppin' up for us (Hill, Mason, Finley, Bonner). And with this kind of play i'm worried it's going to hurt those guys' rythm, not to say confidence. I aint worried about those 2 and i wouldnt wanna trade them, but they need to adjust to everybody!!

Wasn't TP born in Belgium? Show more support!

BTW, I was almost born in Bruxelles :toast

Long lives Manekenn !

MaNuMaNiAc
12-02-2008, 11:20 PM
To all the Manu and TP fans being in denial. I get it: ur fans, u don't want any disrespect, they are Spurs legends and have meant a lot for the team and the fans and so on, blablabla. I agree.

But they sucked today and really sucked the life out of the Spurs tonight. They didn't share the ball and didn't respect the playbook. They took us completely out of rythm.

Team is everything and they did not respect that today. Sorry to bring to you Argies en Frenchies.

Man, take your sorry condescending ass and get stuffed!

Not every Argentinian and French man is a blind fucking homer, so don't come here acting like the fucking voice of reason. Address the homers for what they are, HOMERS. Not Argies, Frenchies, or any other bullshit. Homerism is beyond nationality in this forum, and anyone that's been in this forum long enough knows what I mean. So cut the "I'm here to set things straight" bullshit. :rolleyes

P.S. I couldn't watch the game today, so for those thinking this is somehow an attempt to excuse either Manu or Tony, you're shit out of luck. This is about being tired of people making broad generalizations out of their ass, and their need to get a fucking clue.

/end rant

naico
12-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Wasn't TP born in Belgium? Show more support!

BTW, I was almost born in Bruxelles :toast

Long lives Manekenn !

I was born and live in Brussels.
Thats Manneken Pis :toast
Got lotsa love for TP, no question about that. Being a critic once in a while doesn't change that.

lefty
12-02-2008, 11:23 PM
I was born and live in Brussels.
Thats Manneken Pis :toast
Got lotsa love for TP, no question about that. Being a critic once in a while doesn't change that.

Ho Hisse,

Manekenn Piss !

I still remember that one

itzsoweezee
12-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Oberto: 2 rebs and 2 points in 16 mins.

by the way, why wasn't Kurt Thomas playing today?

E20
12-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Manu and Tony from what I followed by the radio and play by play were a bit rusty in playing with each other, I think it will take some games for them to get re-acquainted and gel. It also seems that Mason, Fin, and Hill need to adjust as well and Hill barely got minutes only 7 or so. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out in the next few games.

naico
12-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Man, take your sorry condescending ass and get stuffed!

Not every Argentinian and French man is a blind fucking homer, so don't come here acting like the fucking voice of reason. Address the homers for what they are, HOMERS. Not Argies, Frenchies, or any other bullshit. Homerism is beyond nationality in this forum, and anyone that's been in this forum long enough knows what I mean. So cut the "I'm here to set things straight" bullshit. :rolleyes

P.S. I couldn't watch the game today, so for those thinking this is somehow an attempt to excuse either Manu or Tony, you're shit out of luck. This is about being tired of people making broad generalizations out of their ass, and their need to get a fucking clue.

/end rant

Man fuck you! If you felt like i was trying to generalize things then thats ur problem. As if that was my purpose of this thread?! I laugh at that shit. I come from one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world and u try to rub that cheap shit in my face? I respect everybody. Don't judge me.

kace
12-02-2008, 11:26 PM

Team is everything and they did not respect that today. Sorry to bring it to you Argies en Frenchies.

i don't think the flag under the avatar was a good idea because obviously you can't even argue without being considered a blind fan of tp or manu.

TP nor manu are the problem of this team: they are, with Tim, what make it a contender every year. They could play better and will when they will be back at full strengh. you're just stupid if you don't understand it. but you know what we think about belgian smartness here in france.

Brazil
12-02-2008, 11:28 PM
but you know what we think about belgian smartness here in france.

:rolleyes

no need for that

WildcardManu
12-02-2008, 11:29 PM
pathetic idiots, lets see how much you want to trade them both come the playoffs. Stupid fans with no knowledge

MaNuMaNiAc
12-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Man fuck you! If you felt like i was trying to generalize things then thats ur problem. As if that was my purpose of this thread?! I laugh at that shit. I come from one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world and u try to rub that cheap shit in my face? I respect everybody. Don't judge me.

You weren't trying to generalize, YOU WERE GENERALIZING! and I don't give a shit where you come from, when you say

Team is everything and they did not respect that today. Sorry to bring it to you Argies en Frenchies.

You're being a condescending little prick. There's no way around it.

Sorry to bring it to you Belgians...

See what I did there?

DROB4EVER
12-02-2008, 11:31 PM
I sure hope Pops gets the rotation down quick......start TP TIM MASE OBERTO AND FIN...Manu HILL, IAN AND THOMAS off the bench.

And for gods sake ...keep bonner off the court and trade for a big defender. Or our run is done!

pawe
12-02-2008, 11:31 PM
makes me even wonder if: do they really need a fourth option? seems like they cant play with someone who also needs the ball to score. I know TP and Manu are natural playmakers and they really share the ball but they need to learn how to play with Mason. Hill can get by on his own coz he's a pg but Mason needs the ball to score. Id rather have TP and Manu be the decoy and Mason as the designated shooter.

honestfool84
12-02-2008, 11:32 PM
as if we needed ANOTHER thread on this.

good job, naico.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-02-2008, 11:34 PM
as if we needed ANOTHER thread on this.

good job, naico.

Apparently, it isn't written in stone until naico enlightens us ALL with his wisdom :lol

naico
12-02-2008, 11:36 PM
i don't think the flag under the avatar was a good idea because obviously you can't even argue without being considered a blind fan of tp or manu.

TP nor manu are the problem of this team: they are, with Tim, what make it a contender every year. They could play better and will when they will be back at full strengh. you're just stupid if you don't understand it. but you know what we think about belgian smartness here in france.

You know you got ur back on this forum. Kinda sad playing that card, seen i'm the only Belgian in here.
I won't answer that kinda call. Yes i'm Belgian and i'm a spurs fan. I respect everybody on this forum. Whether ur from the US, France, Argentina, Slovenia, Spain whatever. Sorry if i used the wrong sentence by saying "sorry to u argies and frenchies". Didnt mean to say anything by that.
I'm just talkin' basketball tonight.

naico
12-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Apparently, it isn't written in stone until naico enlightens us ALL with his wisdom :lol

If it's a hug you need, you can get it here my friend.
I'm not downplaying anybody's opinion. Whatever u may think.

kace
12-02-2008, 11:40 PM
You know you got ur back on this forum. Kinda sad playing that card, seen i'm the only Belgian in here.
I won't answer that kinda call. Yes i'm Belgian and i'm a spurs fan. I respect everybody on this forum. Whether ur from the US, France, Argentina, Slovenia, Spain whatever. Sorry if i used the wrong sentence by saying "sorry to u argies and frenchies". Didnt mean to say anything by that.
I'm just talkin' basketball tonight.

man, i'm sure you can understand that this was a joke to answer you on the nationality thing that you brought in by yourself.

if you didn't understand it and it hurted you, i'm sorry but then the belgian smartness is even worse than i thought.

dastrey
12-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Manu has been playing very careless. Even Sean commented on how early Manu shot that 3 in the shotclock. I realize the chemistry isn't there, but now we know why pop doesn't play Parker, Manu, and Duncan at the same time. I would rather both the Spurs and their opponents know what plays are going to be run, then freelance on offense the whole game.

naico
12-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Sorry to bring it to you Belgians...

Man i was saying that cuz most of Manu's and TP's fans are Arg. and Fr. Theres no Belgian on this team (not yet :p:) Like i said, didn't mean to generalize. You made a good point about the fact that having that using the word 'homers' wouldve been the only thing appropriate to use. My mistake.

Ps: No offense taken

fotan2
12-02-2008, 11:48 PM
everyone could have fucked up a couple of games , no one can be perfect on everyday . if this wasnt the first basketball game you have ever seen , you should know that . you overreact my friend

kace
12-02-2008, 11:49 PM
if there's a thing that most of us seem to agree is that Tim and Tony need to be together in the first unit and manu in the second (when they will be both at full strenght).

TP/Mason/***/Tim/***

Hill/Manu/***/***/***

and it's not because i think like some other stupid posters that they can't play together: they can and will still do that in the end of close games.

it's just that we always need one of them at the perimeter ! i don't want to see both of them on the bench for long strecht, even if we've won some games against weak teams like that

naico
12-02-2008, 11:49 PM
man, i'm sure you can understand that this was a joke to answer you on the nationality thing that you brought in by yourself.

if you didn't understand it and it hurted you, i'm sorry but then the belgian smartness is even worse than i thought.

Yeah i sobbed like hell. You hurt my feelings. And French people are considered arrogant. And ur reactions confirm that.

Yes, it's a joke.

naico
12-02-2008, 11:55 PM
everyone could have fucked up a couple of games , no one can be perfect on everyday . if this wasnt the first basketball game you have ever seen , you should know that . you overreact my friend

Brought it up, because i think it's critical for the rest of the season. I'm sure both those guys are going to adjust, play their hearts out and the Spurs will be fine. I aint worried about a couple of losses.
What i'm worried about is everybody getting involved and that everybody can keep their confidence up.
I was making a point and i was talking about this loss, this game. No panic here.

JamStone
12-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Main cause of the loss: shitty three-point shooting.

milkyway21
12-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Manu & TP bailed us out in the past but sad to say I was thinking the same thing since that Memphis game.

the chemistry that they had shown(TD/Mason/Hill), was good during the streak. But it's not working just now when Manu & TP returned to the line-up, as if we're back to square one. But we'll get there. I just don't know how soon:cry

TP was forcing some shots during the Houston game when sometimes Manu & TD were open. VS Detroit, I don't know exactly what went wrong, 2 L streak, sucks because we were leading:depressed

Slippy
12-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Its gonna take time folks......calm down

The voice of reason. There sure is a lot of overraction.

Manu and Tony have only been back for a handful of games. Along with Tim, they are vital cogs of the offense. They are trying to work themselfs into a team that has been playing together and adjusting since the season began. Usually with the Spurs these growing pains occur during pre-season, November and December. It might take longer this time around because only now is every-one healthy. Work in progress people.

Charles Sappa
12-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Only 17 games in the season. Peace...... wait until january.

spursfan09
12-03-2008, 08:07 AM
pathetic idiots, lets see how much you want to trade them both come the playoffs. Stupid fans with no knowledge

:tu

SenorSpur
12-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Chemistry issues are definitely are concern at this point. However, it's still early - early enough for them to be worked out. Many of us felt as though Pop should have left Mason in his role as a starter. That's were he was thriving. For continuity, it didn't make a lot of sense to change that. Hill was doing well coming off the bench and being aggressive. Ginobili's aggressiveness and playmaking ability is better served coming off the bench.

hater
12-03-2008, 10:13 AM
huh, Duncan got buttfucked by Rasheed too :rolleyes

ECZ
12-03-2008, 01:30 PM
they were really out of rhythm but I cant say it was 100% TP and Manu's fault...however, TP and Manu should be eased into the rotation game by game so we can keep some sort of offensive consistency between our back-up guard-play

Yuixafun
12-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Manu has been playing very careless. Even Sean commented on how early Manu shot that 3 in the shotclock. I realize the chemistry isn't there, but now we know why pop doesn't play Parker, Manu, and Duncan at the same time. I would rather both the Spurs and their opponents know what plays are going to be run, then freelance on offense the whole game.

Yea that was a quick shot by Manu, but I understand his reasoning. The Spurs had become lethargic and lost their confidence. Detroit had the Spurs in the corner and was scoring at will.

Manu had just nailed a 3 in the previous posession. The game was at a crucial point.. if he hits that 3, the Spurs are back within 5 or 6, the place goes nuts.. the teams spirit rises, Detriot calls a timeout.. and then the Spurs start to play some energized defense.

But he missed.. they were going to lose the game anyway the way it was going... it was an okay gamble by Manu. Its not like the Spurs were doing anything in the half court besides throwing the ball to Timmy and watching.

kace
12-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Yea that was a quick shot by Manu, but I understand his reasoning. The Spurs had become lethargic and lost their confidence. Detroit had the Spurs in the corner and was scoring at will.

Manu had just nailed a 3 in the previous posession. The game was at a crucial point.. if he hits that 3, the Spurs are back within 5 or 6, the place goes nuts.. the teams spirit rises, Detriot calls a timeout.. and then the Spurs start to play some energized defense.

But he missed.. they were going to lose the game anyway the way it was going... it was an okay gamble by Manu. Its not like the Spurs were doing anything in the half court besides throwing the ball to Timmy and watching.

anyone knows that manu can sometimes take very risky shots that could seem bad decisions. but as you mentionned, they are the same shots that falled in so many times for us and get us back in games and saved our ass so many times. no problem about that. the TO are much more annoying.

cp3 4 mvp
12-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Man our fans are just the same as yours. We want to get rid of peja, tyson and david west. I thought ours were crazy until i see threads about you wanting to get rid of ginobli and parker. Does a rough start to the season really make fans go nuts? At 10-6 people think we should sell the house and start over. Trading parker and ginobli would just be stupid but hey it would help us out.