PDA

View Full Version : Citigroup says gold could rise above $2,000 next year as world unravels

Viva Las Espuelas
12-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Citigroup says gold could rise above $2,000 next year as world unravels

Gold is poised for a dramatic surge and could blast through $2,000 an ounce by the end of next year as central banks flood the world's monetary system with liquidity, according to an internal client note from the US bank Citigroup.

The bank said the damage caused by the financial excesses of the last quarter century was forcing the world's authorities to take steps that had never been tried before.
This gamble was likely to end in one of two extreme ways: with either a resurgence of inflation; or a downward spiral into depression, civil disorder, and possibly wars. Both outcomes will cause a rush for gold.
"They are throwing the kitchen sink at this," said Tom Fitzpatrick, the bank's chief technical strategist.
"The world is not going back to normal after the magnitude of what they have done. When the dust settles this will either work, and the money they have pushed into the system will feed though into an inflation shock.
"Or it will not work because too much damage has already been done, and we will see continued financial deterioration, causing further economic deterioration, with the risk of a feedback loop. We don't think this is the more likely outcome, but as each week and month passes, there is a growing danger of vicious circle as confidence erodes," he said.
"This will lead to political instability. We are already seeing countries on the periphery of Europe under severe stress. Some leaders are now at record levels of unpopularity. There is a risk of domestic unrest, starting with strikes because people are feeling disenfranchised."
"What happens if there is a meltdown in a country like Pakistan, which is a nuclear power. People react when they have their backs to the wall. We're already seeing doubts emerge about the sovereign debts of developed AAA-rated countries, which is not something you can ignore," he said.
Gold traders are playing close attention to reports from Beijing that the China is thinking of boosting its gold reserves from 600 tonnes to nearer 4,000 tonnes to diversify away from paper currencies. "If true, this is a very material change," he said.
Mr Fitzpatrick said Britain had made a mistake selling off half its gold at the bottom of the market between 1999 to 2002. "People have started to question the value of government debt," he said.
Citigroup said the blast-off was likely to occur within two years, and possibly as soon as 2009. Gold was trading yesterday at $812 an ounce. It is well off its all-time peak of $1,030 in February but has held up much better than other commodities over the last few months – reverting to is historical role as a safe-haven store of value and a de facto currency.
Gold has tripled in value over the last seven years, vastly outperforming Wall Street and European bourses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/3526645/Citigroup-says-gold-could-rise-above-2000-next-year-as-world-unravels.html

2centsworth
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
the world unravels and HEB begins to except gold for a loaf of bread.

boutons_
12-03-2008, 12:14 PM
The US financial sector has sodomized and infected the world's confidence in financial/paper/conctractual "wealth", so it's understandable that the desireability of Real Wealth like ownership of valuable minerals and land, as a refuge from the storm, would appreciate, even become exorbitant.

RandomGuy
12-03-2008, 12:19 PM
This may indeed happen as the US government or the Feds simply print butt-tons of cash to stave off a deflationary spiral. Bernanke has hinted that may be one of his solutions aimed at avoiding such a spiral.

I wonder about the feasibility of completely f***ing the dollar like that because it would completely destroy any foreign demand for new US government debt. That would have far-reaching implications.

Anti.Hero
12-03-2008, 01:34 PM
The funny thing is, they fuck over the dollar with all the dead presidents just like they fuck over the country that the dead presidents built.

SnakeBoy
12-03-2008, 03:35 PM
the world unravels and HEB begins to except gold for a loaf of bread.

Fuck HEB...

http://www.nitro-pak.com/product_info.php?cPath=147_148_331&products_id=166

2centsworth
12-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Fuck HEB...

http://www.nitro-pak.com/product_info.php?cPath=147_148_331&products_id=166

My bag of gold is too heavy to carry further than a couple of blocks. I certainly can't afford to mail it.

ChumpDumper
12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Well Citigroup has been so wise with its financial predictions and actions lately, I can't see how they could possibly be wrong.

whottt
12-03-2008, 04:45 PM
I clicked on this thread expecting dumbassedness from Chump...I wasn't disappointed.

RandomGuy
12-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I clicked on this thread expecting dumbassedness from Chump...I wasn't disappointed.

That's it?

Where's the funny? :depressed

Quick, try something like "Citigroup will incredibly profitable next year, and I say that with no qualifiers" or something. :p:

ChumpDumper
12-03-2008, 06:19 PM
I clicked on this thread expecting dumbassedness from Chump...I wasn't disappointed.So you have something positive to say about Citigroup's performance of late?

Let's hear it.

Seriously dude, you are so butthurt over being so horribly wrong about the election it permeates your every post.

clambake
12-03-2008, 07:58 PM
take it easy, guys. he said he'll be out of work on Jan. 20th.

cool hand
12-03-2008, 07:59 PM
back to the gold standard.......where have we heard that before?

cool hand
12-03-2008, 08:02 PM
http://goatmilk.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/ron_paul_photo_4.jpg

The Reckoning
12-03-2008, 08:36 PM
funny how ron paul's predictions have come true, yet everyone still calls him a crazy old man

politics is as good as tabloids

johnsmith
12-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Well Citigroup has been so wise with its financial predictions and actions lately, I can't see how they could possibly be wrong.

:lol

whottt
12-04-2008, 12:52 AM
1st of all...Chump, you and Random Guy's replies caught me totally off guard...never in a million years did I think ya'll would bring up my election predictions....I am truly stunned.

So you have something positive to say about Citigroup's performance of late?

Let's hear it.

I absolutely love it's performance of late...is that positive enough for you?

Seriously dude, you are so butthurt over being so horribly wrong about the election it permeates your every post.

I'm butthurt that the stupid remain in control of the country...the country can't take much more.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2008, 03:17 AM
1st of all...Chump, you and Random Guy's replies caught me totally off guard...never in a million years did I think ya'll would bring up my election predictions....I am truly stunned.I know you are embarrassed by them. it makes it that much more enjoyable.

I absolutely love it's performance of late...is that positive enough for you?What specifically do you love?

I'm butthurt that the stupid remain in control of the country...the country can't take much more.Yes, everyone except you is insane. We've all heard this before when you were wrong.

whottt
12-04-2008, 03:55 AM
I know you are embarrassed by them. it makes it that much more enjoyable.

Embarrassed? I actually enjoyed the novelty of being completely wrong...

:lol you are funny...BTW, I'm actually disappointed I never made it into your sig.

What specifically do you love?

That is my business. You asked for something positive, I was generous and gave you something positive.

Yes, everyone except you is insane.

Everyone? No...
Majority of posters on this political forum? Yes.
Majority of practicing registered voters? Also yes.

Insane? No...
Stupid? Yes.

We've all heard this before when you were wrong.

If only I could have been right about Obama winning...like you were.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2008, 04:45 AM
Embarrassed? I actually enjoyed the novelty of being completely wrong...

:lol you are funny...BTW, I'm actually disappointed I never made it into your sig.Yeah, it's a shame I don't care about you as much as you want me too.

That is my business. You asked for something positive, I was generous and gave you something positive.So you just made it up. No problem.

Everyone? No...
Majority of posters on this political forum? Yes.
Majority of practicing registered voters? Also yes.

Insane? No...
Stupid? Yes.Case in point.

If only I could have been right about Obama winning...like you were.The problem with your bringing that up is I don't care all that much. For you, your e-rep is pretty much everything, which makes it fun for us to bring it up every once in awhile. Just pull your string and watch you go....

whottt
12-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah, it's a shame I don't care about you as much as you want me too.

Trying to think of if I've ever made your sig or not....

So you just made it up. No problem.

Made what up? I'll get defensive as soon as you inform me what I'm supposed to be getting defensive about.

The problem with your bringing that up is I don't care all that much. For you, your e-rep is pretty much everything, which makes it fun for us to bring it up every once in awhile. Just pull your string and watch you go....

Ironically enough...I merely posted in this thread, called you a dumbass, and you've been going every since...

smeagol
12-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Citi's share went up from a low of $3 to over $8 today. In a week. 166% return in five days is not bad at all.

whottt
12-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Go suck a cock smeagol.

smeagol
12-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Go suck a cock smeagol.

I'm on your side, fuck face. My post is in response to chump's

So you have something positive to say about Citigroup's performance of late?

ChumpDumper
12-04-2008, 02:12 PM
:lmao

whottt is such an idiot.

whottt
12-04-2008, 02:19 PM

whottt is such an idiot.

The only idiots in this thread are those that think I have the slightest bit of interest in discussing citicorp...

ChumpDumper
12-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Certainly, your only interest is discussing me.

Thanks for your attention.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Citi's share went up from a low of $3 to over $8 today. In a week. 166% return in five days is not bad at all.The federal government is giving them $300 billion. That's bound to help the stock price.

smeagol
12-04-2008, 06:58 PM
The federal government is giving them $300 billion. That's bound to help the stock price.

Irrelevant.

You asked if there is something positive to be said about Citi's performance and I pointed out how Citi's stock performance was damn positive.

If you invisted $1MM in Citi stock last week, today you'd have approx $2.5MM.

Pretty sweet if you ask me . . .

exstatic
12-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Irrelevant.

You asked if there is something positive to be said about Citi's performance and I pointed out how Citi's stock performance was damn positive.

Pretty sweet if you ask me . . .

Not irrelevant. That stock spike speaks not at all to Citi's performance, just their luck at being bailed out. Their actual performance, as a company, has been less than piss poor.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Irrelevant.

Pretty sweet if you ask me . . .Irrelevant.

I asked whottt for something positive.

You are not whottt.

I'm sure he thanks you for leaping to his defense.

Oh wait, he told you to suck a cock. :rollin

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2008, 11:31 PM
fuck thsi shit my friend invests in gold already

i shouldve jump on the bandwagon

2centsworth
12-05-2008, 12:27 AM
The federal government is giving them $300 billion. That's bound to help the stock price.

when did $30 turn into $300?

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 12:32 AM

An extra zero got into Schiff's blog. I should have known better.

http://caps.fool.com/blogs/viewpost.aspx?bpid=114870&t=01000420523245711617

smeagol
12-05-2008, 05:00 AM
Not irrelevant. That stock spike speaks not at all to Citi's performance, just their luck at being bailed out. Their actual performance, as a company, has been less than piss poor.

One measurement of a company's performance is the value of its stock. Citi's more than doubled in a weeks time. The reason why it doubled is irrelevant if the ask was to find something positive to say about Citi.

Go ask the people who bought Citi at $3 and sold it at $8 if they have something positive to say.

I know the answer, do you? :lol

smeagol
12-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Irrelevant.

I asked whottt for something positive.

You are not whottt.

I'm sure he thanks you for leaping to his defense.

Oh wait, he told you to suck a cock. :rollin

Somebody answering a question that was not directed at them. Probably the first time it happens at ST.

Great comeback, idiot :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 05:08 AM
Somebody answering a question that was not directed to them. Probably the first time it happens at ST.

Great comeback, idiot :rolleyes:lmao

Wow, you sure are taking the internets seriously this week.

Defending Citigroup's performance and whottt's honor.

I know he needs help because he's that stupid, it's just hilarious that it's you who wants to rescue him.

smeagol
12-05-2008, 09:09 AM

Wow, you sure are taking the internets seriously this week.

As seriously as you.

Defending Citigroup's performance

I'm simply pointing out a fact which contradicts what you said. I know it is hard for you to admit it. 5 years posting here have taught me it's a rare even when you admit you are wrong about something.

It's also a rare event when you don't try hard to have the last word. Even when you are proven wrong.

and whottt's honor.

Wrong again. I could care less about whottt's honor.

I know he needs help because he's that stupid, it's just hilarious that it's you who wants to rescue him.

You think I was trying to "rescue" him? From what?

I simply pointed out a a positive thing about Citi's performance (among all the shitty things that can be said about that company) at a point in time when you asked for one. That is all I did.

But you had to make a comment about how the stock spike had to do with a $30B government guarantee, an irrelevant comment given that the spike in the stock price really existed, which is in itself a positive event regardless of what caused it. Again, ask the guys who bought Citi at $3 how "positive" they are feeling right about now?

whottt
12-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Chump...please don't use smack I run at other posters to benefit yourself in this thread.

smeagol, please disregard Chump's usage of my go suck a cock comment.

smeagol
12-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Defending Citigroup's performance

I'm not defending Citibank's performance. I'm simply defending one aspect of its performance, the value of its stock since it hit the bottom.

It is an easy aspect to defend.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Chump...please don't use smack I run at other posters to benefit yourself in this thread.Yeah, I know you don't like it when you are exposed as the idiot you are. Tough shit.

smeagol, please disregard Chump's usage of my go suck a cock comment.Right, you have to suck his cock now.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 02:43 PM
You think I was trying to "rescue" him? From what?:lol from the full flowering of his ignorance in this thread.

But he's already sucking your cock, so you got what you wanted out of it.

I simply pointed out a a positive thing about Citi's performance (among all the shitty things that can be said about that company) at a point in time when you asked for one. That is all I did.Whom did I ask again? Oh yeah, not you, dumbass. You clearly don't understand what goes on here. Your agenda is now to save whottt so he'll suck your cock. That's your business. Mission accomplished.

But you had to make a comment about how the stock spike had to do with a $30B government guarantee, an irrelevant comment given that the spike in the stock price really existed, which is in itself a positive event regardless of what caused it. Again, ask the guys who bought Citi at $3 how "positive" they are feeling right about now?They're thanking God that the government gave them $30 billion to cover for their lousy performance.

smeagol
12-05-2008, 03:22 PM
But he's already sucking your cock, so you got what you wanted out of it.

RIF

Whom did I ask again? Oh yeah, not you, dumbass.

Since when do I need your permission to make a comment in the Political Forum?

Look idiot, you were wrong, there is something positive to say about Citi, and that is its stock performance over the last 10 days. Get over it.

You clearly don't understand what goes on here.

You do?

Your agenda is now to save whottt so he'll suck your cock.

He said "Go suck a cock", not "I will suck your cock".

You're dumb as a brick wall.

They're thanking God that the government gave them $30 billion to cover for their lousy performance.

And they are 150% richer by investing in Citibank's stock.

You wish you'd been that smart, but you're not.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 03:29 PM
RIFYou don't, otherwise you wouldn't have answered a question that wasn't directed to you, dumbass.

Since when do I need your permission to make a comment in the Political Forum?You don't get it. I understand.

Look idiot, you were wrong, there is something positive to say about Citi, and that is its stock performance over the last 10 days. Get over it.:lmao You really are racking up the fail here.

You do?Yes, I understand perfectly what my conversation with whottt was, You didn't and still don't.

He said "Go suck a cock", not "I will suck your cock".

You're dumb as a brick wall.:lmao You have gotten progressively dumber over your years of posting. It's interesting.

And they are 150% richer by investing in Citibank's stock.

You wish you wuould've bees that smart, but you're not.I don't have my money in stocks. For the year, that makes me quite smart enough, thank you. Sounds to me like you lost money this year. I didn't.

clambake
12-05-2008, 03:29 PM
i think it's great that americans get to bail out these shit stained corporations and people think it's great.

smeagol
12-05-2008, 03:37 PM
You don't, otherwise you wouldn't have answered a question that wasn't directed to you, dumbass.

You don't get it. I understand.

:lmao You really are racking up the fail here.

Yes, I understand perfectly what my conversation with whottt was, You didn't and still don't.

:lmao You have gotten progressively dumber over your years of posting. It's interesting.

I don't have my money in stocks. For the year, that makes me quite smart enough, thank you. Sounds to me like you lost money this year. I didn't.

From post #38 of this thread:

It's also a rare event when you don't try hard to have the last word. Even when you are proven wrong.

Case closed.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 03:41 PM
So you did lose money this year. I understand why you're so pissy.

Anyway, if you still can't figure out why I specifically asked whottt what he specifically liked about Citigroup, you have even more problems.

smeagol
12-05-2008, 03:45 PM
You don't, otherwise you wouldn't have answered a question that wasn't directed to you, dumbass.

:sleep

It's a message board, asshole.

You don't get it. I understand.

:lmao You really are racking up the fail here.

It's clear you lost given these kinds of lame responses.

Yes, I understand perfectly what my conversation with whottt was, You didn't and still don't.

If you wanted to have a private conversation, use the PM function.

:lmao You have gotten progressively dumber over your years of posting. It's interesting.

Says the brain who coined the phrase "Hedo > Manu"

I don't have my money in stocks. For the year, that makes me quite smart enough, thank you. Sounds to me like you lost money this year. I didn't.

Saying "quite smart enough" doesn't make you smart.

The money I had lost, I have made it back through the course of November.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 03:51 PM
:sleep

It's a message board, asshole.You still don't get it.

It's clear you lost given these kinds of lame responses.Not at all. You just ruined what could have been a fun exchange with whottt.

If you wanted to have a private conversation, use the PM function.So now you're the boss here. Hypocrite.

Say the brain who coined the phrase "Hedo > Manu"Hey, how did your wife do in that "Who would you rather fuck" internets photo contest you entered her in? That was smart and classy.

Saying "quite smart enough" doesn't make you smart.Keeping my money out of the stocks proves I was smart. I'm no day trader, so I have to call the overall strategy a smart one.

The money I had lost, I have made it back through the course of November.Did you buy Citigroup last week?

smeagol
12-05-2008, 03:51 PM
So you did lose money this year. I understand why you're so pissy.

I did not. Actually, I'm making money as we speak.

Anyway, if you still can't figure out why I specifically asked whottt what he specifically liked about Citigroup, you have even more problems.

My only "problem" is arguing with you about stuff you are clueless. I guess I will leave whottt continue the job of exposing you ignorant ass.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I did not. Actually, I'm making money as we speak.As am I. As I have been all year.

My only "problem" is arguing with you about stuff you are clueless. I guess I will leave whottt continue the job of exposing you ignorant ass.:lol You still don't get it.

smeagol
12-06-2008, 08:26 AM
You still don't get it.

There is nothing to "get". I made a comment and you make a big mistery out of it.

I know, you have a love-hate relationship with whottt and a secret code you only share with him. It goes way back.

Not at all. You just ruined what could have been a fun exchange with whottt.

Fun exchange? Mmmmkey . . . . . .

So now you're the boss here. Hypocrite.

No. I'm simply pointing out there is a method available for those who want to ask questions to posters and only want that poster to respond. It is called a PM.

If you ask a question on the board, it is fair game for anybody to answer. That is why it is a public board.

It's funny you are arguing this point with me, given that you have been on my side of the argument many times. (ie, you are a hypocrite and you are contradicting yourself).

Hey, how did your wife do in that "Who would you rather fuck" internets photo contest you entered her in? That was smart and classy.

She did fine. You read the thread so no need for me to spell it out.

Keeping my money out of the stocks proves I was smart. I'm no day trader, so I have to call the overall strategy a smart one.

So what was it? CDs, real estate, bonds, currencies?

Did you buy Citigroup last week?

No, but I have been buying calls and puts on the S&P and DJ and been making a bundle ($50K in two months).

smeagol
12-06-2008, 08:29 AM
As am I. As I have been all year.

How?

:lol You still don't get it.

Still in italics for effect

:tu

exstatic
12-06-2008, 11:20 AM
One measurement of a company's performance is the value of its stock. Citi's more than doubled in a weeks time. The reason why it doubled is irrelevant if the ask was to find something positive to say about Citi.

Go ask the people who bought Citi at $3 and sold it at $8 if they have something positive to say.

I know the answer, do you? :lol

You've skewed the original context of what CD said by introducing stock price, which wasn't mentioned at all. He specifically said financial predictions and actions. You brought up the bailout inflated stock price, which has nothing to do with company performance in this case, and everything to do with House and Senate votes. Here's and example: You have a jar that is half full of water. You drop pebbles into it until the water level approaches the top. Is there more water in it? No. The water is Citi's stock performance, and the pebbles are the bailout effect. Citi did nothing to cause the "rise", it was the Congress dropping our hard earned pebbles into it that made the level rise.

ChumpDumper
12-06-2008, 12:43 PM
There is nothing to "get". I made a comment and you make a big mistery out of it.

I know, you have a love-hate relationship with whottt and a secret code you only share with him. It goes way back.It is only a mystery to you.

Fun exchange? Mmmmkey . . . . . .Yes, it's fun when people make up shit and then are forced to explain themselves. You had to go and take this whole thing seriously and ruined it. It's amazing how clueless you are.

No. I'm simply pointing out there is a method available for those who want to ask questions to posters and only want that poster to respond. It is called a PM.

If you ask a question on the board, it is fair game for anybody to answer. That is why it is a public board.

It's funny you are arguing this point with me, given that you have been on my side of the argument many times. (ie, you are a hypocrite and you are contradicting yourself).:lol Your job here is to not understand anything. OK.

She did fine. You read the thread so no need for me to spell it out.She did not do well at all. Go ahead and spell it out. Or maybe you're hoping someone will rush to your aid like you did whottt. ou sure seem to want to avoid talking about it like he did Citigroup. Are you finally catching the clue?

So what was it? CDs, real estate, bonds, currencies?Not stocks. It was my big financial decision for the year and it worked out. As I said before, I don't constantly fuck around with money.

No, but I have been buying calls and puts on the S&P and DJ and been making a bundle ($50K in two months).Good for you.

smeagol
12-06-2008, 02:25 PM
You've skewed the original context of what CD said by introducing stock price, which wasn't mentioned at all.

Skewed? WTF are you talking about? He specifically asked whottt if he had something positive to say about Citi's performance (read post #11 again).

Actually, if you think about it, even post #8 (the one where CD talks about financial predictions and actions) is pretty stupid in the context of the thread.

He specifically said financial predictions and actions. You brought up the bailout inflated stock price, which has nothing to do with company performance in this case, and everything to do with House and Senate votes. Here's and example: You have a jar that is half full of water. You drop pebbles into it until the water level approaches the top. Is there more water in it? No. The water is Citi's stock performance, and the pebbles are the bailout effect. Citi did nothing to cause the "rise", it was the Congress dropping our hard earned pebbles into it that made the level rise.

I will repeat myself. Who the fuck cares why the stock rose? The fact of the matter is it did, and that in intself is "something positive", which is what CD asked for in post #11. I simply pointed that fact out and I got CD all worked up about it. Because, you know, God forbid somebody gets in the middle of a pissing contest between himself and whottt :lmao

He even had to bring up my wife to defend himself, which is pretty lame, even for his standards of douchebaginess . . .

smeagol
12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
It is only a mystery to you.

I know enough about it to see how stupid you are. Let's leave it at that.

Yes, it's fun when people make up shit and then are forced to explain themselves.

Like whottt and the election? Oh please, do tell me more . . .

You had to go and take this whole thing seriously and ruined it.

Ruined it? I'm actually enjoying myself :lol

It's amazing how clueless you are.

Ahh . . . the great come back :tu

:lol Your job here is to not understand anything. OK.

Another great comeback. You're on a roll.

She did not do well at all. Go ahead and spell it out.

It depends on how you look at it. She did get more votes (albeit from many of the same trolls). In any case, you probably missed the point of that whole thread . . . talking about being clueless . . .

Or maybe you're hoping someone will rush to your aid like you did whottt.

To argue with you? :lmao

You sure seem to want to avoid talking about it like he did Citigroup.Are you finally catching the clue?

Avoiding to talk about what?

Not stocks. It was my big financial decision for the year and it worked out.

What worked out? There was good money to be made in the stock market, and there still is.

So you put your money in real estate? That surely went well.

Or corporate bonds? Swell!

My real question is: do you have any money saved?

Good for you.

I'd say excellent for me. That is probably as much money as you make in a year and I made it in two months, playing the market both ways.

exstatic
12-06-2008, 07:22 PM
I will repeat myself. Who the fuck cares why the stock rose?

Because, you are using the stock rise as proof of something "good" at Citi, when it's only due to Congressional bailout. No bailout? No stock bump.

ChumpDumper
12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I know enough about it to see how stupid you are. Let's leave it at that.Nah, you're still clueless.

Like whottt and the election? Oh please, do tell me more . . .No, he is supposed to tell more. That's where the gold lies. You're just such a humorless pile -- but that's pretty funny in itself.

Ruined it? I'm actually enjoying myself :lolAs are we, now that you're red-assing all over the place.

Ahh . . . the great come back :tuIt's the truth.

Another great comeback. You're on a roll.Know your role. We know yours already.

It depends on how you look at it. She did get more votes (albeit from many of the same trolls). In any case, you probably missed the point of that whole thread . . . talking about being clueless . . .Do tell us all the meaning of entering your wife in the internets who would you rather fuck contest.

To argue with you? :lmaoAbsolutely.

Avoiding to talk about what?The internets contest.

What worked out? There was good money to be made in the stock market, and there still is.Fantastic.

My real question is: do you have any money saved?Very much so. How do you think I have all this time to post?

I'd say excellent for me. That is probably as much money as you make in a year and I made it in two months, playing the market both ways.So now you're going big time on me. :lol

You really seem to have a need to prove your and your wife's worth to people on the internets who really couldn't give a shit.

That's funny.

smeagol
12-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Because, you are using the stock rise as proof of something "good" at Citi, when it's only due to Congressional bailout. No bailout? No stock bump.

Ok. You win.

Next time I buy a stock that more than doubles in price in a weeks time I will say it is something negative.

:tu

smeagol
12-07-2008, 08:47 AM
No, he is supposed to tell more. That's where the gold lies. You're just such a humorless pile -- but that's pretty funny in itself.

Conclusion: nobody should get in between you and whottt when you are going at it because you get buthurt.

As are we, now that you're red-assing all over the place.

We? Who's we? I see only you, having a debate with me. Or do you need somebody to come in your defense? :lol

Know your role. We know yours already.

Again with the "We". You and who else?

Do tell us all the meaning of entering your wife in the internets who would you rather fuck contest.

Ahh . . . second time you try to twist the truth. Don't worry . . . it is not the first time you do it . . . it will not be the last.

The internets contest.

Posting too much has made you slow and stupid.

You are acusing me of wanting to avoid discussiing a topic you brought up?

You brought my wife into this discussion. Do you want to discuss my kids too? I can see who's the classy one around here . . .

Fantastic.

You see . . . we agree on this one. It is fantastic when you buy an asset that goes up in value . . . just like Citi did since it hit $3 :lmao

Very much so. How do you think I have all this time to post?

Let me guess. You live on foodstamps in your basement.

So now you're going big time on me. :lol

You really seem to have a need to prove your and your wife's worth to people on the internets who really couldn't give a shit.

Nah . . only to idiots.

That's funny.

It is. I always have a good chuckle when I look at by bank account statement.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Conclusion: nobody should get in between you and whottt when you are going at it because you get buthurt.Sure.

We? Who's we? I see only you, having a debate with me. Or do you need somebody to come in your defense? :lolLooks like you want to start another contest.

Again with the "We". You and who else?You're a joke here. That you don't realize it makes it even funnier.

Ahh . . . second time you try to twist the truth. Don't worry . . . it is not the first time you do it . . . it will not be the last.I notice you are avoiding explaining it like the plague. Just liek whottt was doing before you started your crusade in this thread. Sorry you lost, man -- but you were the idiot who agreed to it.

Posting too much has made you slow and stupid.

You are acusing me of wanting to avoid discussiing a topic you brought up?

You brought my wife into this discussion. Do you want to discuss my kids too? I can see who's the classy one around here . . .You were the idiot who tried to change the subject when you got angry, now you are trying to weasel out of it when you had the whip reversed on you. Again, I'm sorry you're so sensitive about these things. If you can't handle it, you don't need to subject yourself to it.

You see . . . we agree on this one. It is fantastic when you buy an asset that goes up in value . . . just like Citi did since it hit $3 :lmaoRight. You simply are an idiot otherwise. It's not a crime. just accept it.

Let me guess. You live on foodstamps in your basement.Hey, you can think whatever you like. If you are so insecure that you have to talk about money the way you do and convince yourself that I live on food stamps in my basement, that's completely fine. I didn't think you were that shallow and self-delusional, but you have continued to surprise.

Nah . . only to idiots.So you admit you have a need to prove your and your wife's worth to idiots on the internets who really couldn't give a shit.

Yeah, that's better.

And it's nice that in your attempt to get in the last word, you are really showing your true colors. I thought entering your wife in the internets who would you rather fuck contest was an aberration, but it wasn't. It's good to know. :tu

smeagol
12-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Sure.

You have run out of witty answers. I see.

Looks like you want to start another contest.

I have no issues starting contests. Not sure what this new contest you so desperately wanna start is about. Be my guest, just like TSA was. Actually, he started more than one on my behalf, because I don't even know how to start a poll.

You're a joke here.

Says who? You??!! Then it must be true. We all know of your unmatched wisdom.

I notice you are avoiding explaining it like the plague.

You brought the topic into discussion. It has nothing to do with Citi, but that didn't stop your pathetic lame ass to bring my wife to the table of points to be discussed. As I said before, just to make this discussion even lamer, curtesy of chumphumper, let's through my kids and some of my dead relatives. How does that sound, skippy?

Just liek whottt was doing before you started your crusade in this thread.

My crusade? I only made a one line remark about something positive regarding City and you took it personally. Even whottt disregarded me right away. I'm just here to prove you'll go the extra mile just to have the last word. So far, I'm more than succeeding in my quest.

Sorry you lost, man -- but you were the idiot who agreed to it.

Not sure what your measuring scale is, aside from your opinion, on who lost what. This is another common thing you like to do. Proclaim yourself the winner of every disuccion you're in. Lame, isn't it?

You were the idiot who tried to change the subject when you got angry, now you are trying to weasel out of it when you had the whip reversed on you. Again, I'm sorry you're so sensitive about these things. If you can't handle it, you don't need to subject yourself to it.

It is ironic how your comment applies to yourself. Hope you see the irony, chump.

Right. You simply are an idiot otherwise. It's not a crime. just accept it.

Again, no witty responses left in the bucket so you have to repeat yourself.

Hey, you can think whatever you like. If you are so insecure that you have to talk about money the way you do

Insecure about what? My future is pretty secured . . .

and convince yourself that I live on food stamps in my basement,

I'm not completely convinced, but it is a possibility.

So you admit you have a need to prove your and your wife's worth to idiots on the internets who really couldn't give a shit.

If you couldn't give a shit, you would let my money comments go, but you have responded to them multiple times.

And it's nice that in your attempt to get in the last word, you are really showing your true colors.

I have learned this from the master at getting the last word in.

I thought entering your wife in the internets who would you rather fuck contest was an aberration, but it wasn't. It's good to know. :tu

Lying again. No surprises there.

smeagol
12-07-2008, 07:07 PM
And the funny thing dumpfucker, is that even your first post in this thread was stupid. Measuring the analyst at Citibank who makes a prediction about future prices of gold with Citibank's financial performance, is pretty stupid.

But I will not hold my breath about you ever understanding this point. You claim this is not a good year to play the market . . . :lmao

ChumpDumper
12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
You brought the topic into discussion. It has nothing to do with Citi, but that didn't stop your pathetic lame ass to bring my wife to the table of points to be discussed.You started it, dipshit. You're so mad you don't even remember.

As I said before, just to make this discussion even lamer, curtesy of chumphumper, let's through my kids and some of my dead relatives. How does that sound, skippy?I don't remember your entering them in internets contests. Do you have a link to those?

My crusade? I only made a one line remark about something positive regarding City and you took it personally. Even whottt disregarded me right away. I'm just here to prove you'll go the extra mile just to have the last word. So far, I'm more than succeeding in my quest.:lol So you just want the last word? Is that your crusade?

Not sure what your measuring scale is, aside from your opinion on my loss. This is another common thing you like to do. Proclaim yourself the winner of every disuccion you're in.This isn't a competition of any kind. Just a long meltdown for you. It's fun and sad at the same time. I'm pretty disillusioned now, but it's best to know these things.

It is ironic how your comment applies to yourself. Hope you see the irony, chump.There really isn't much irony here. I would have to be angry.

Again, no witty responses left in the bucket so you have to repeat yourself.Maybe someday you'll get it.

Insecure about what?Ah, playing dumb. Well, you're probably not playing.

I'm not completely convinced, but it is a possibility.As it is with you. The only problem is, you really care about letting everybody know your business on the internets. I don't.

If you coldn't give a shit, you would let my money comments go, but you have responded to them multiple times.Money is very important to you. It makes you feel superior other people if you think you have more then they have, and you want to make sure everyone here knows that. Mission accomplished.

Lying again. No surprises there.There was a contest. You entered her into it. No lie. Why lie about it when you just said you did it?

smeagol
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
You started it, dipshit.

The Hedo > Manu comment? :lmao :lmao :lmao

You're so mad you don't even remember.

Mad? Me? You had to bring my wife into a Citi discussion and I'm the one who's mad? :lmao

I don't remember your entering them in internets contests. Do you have a link to those?

As if the contest was your limit . . . :rolleyes

:lol So you just want the last word? Is that your crusade?

It's been your crusade for some time now.

This isn't a competition of any kind. Just a long meltdown for you. It's fun and sad at the same time. I'm pretty disillusioned now, but it's best to know these things.

You suggested we should start a poll. Now it is you who does not remember things.

There really isn't much irony here. I would have to be angry.

The fact you had to bring my wife tells me I touched a nerve.

Maybe someday you'll get it.

Blah, blah . . . I've heard this one before.

Did you understand why your initital post on this thread was pretty stupid?

Ah, playing dumb. Well, you're probably not playing.

Comeback of the year!

As it is with you. The only problem is, you really care about letting everybody know your business on the internets. I don't.

When I find it appropriate to do so.

Money is very important to you. It makes you feel superior other people if you think you have more then they have, and you want to make sure everyone here knows that. Mission accomplished.

That is pretty much what moves the majority of the people in your country. You should not be surprised.

There was a contest. You entered her into it. No lie. Why lie about it when you just said you did it?

Don't play dumb. You know what you are lying about. Buy hey, you have perfected the art . . . as I said, I'm not surprised.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
The Hedo > Manu comment? :lmao :lmao :lmaoYep.

Mad? Me? You had to bring my wife into a Citi discussion and I'm the one who's mad? :lmaoYou made it personal. Because you were mad.

As if the contest was your limit . . . :rolleyesMy limit of what?

It's been your crusade for some time now.So now it has become important to you because of that.

You suggested we should start a poll. Now it is you who does not remember things.Asked. Not suggested. But you're getting upset, so these lapses are understandable.

The fact you had to bring my wife tells me I touched a nerve.It tells me you entered your wife in an internets contest and people remember it. Now you're acting all indignant about it, which is hilarious.

Blah, blah . . . I've heard this one before.

Did you understand why your initital post on this thread was pretty stupid?My initial post was spot on. Citi did a really shitty job with their financial predictions, otherwise they would not need a $30 billion bailout to prop up their stock.

When I find it appropriate to do so.You enter your wife in internets contests when you find it appropriate to do so as well.

That is pretty much what moves the majority of the people in your country. You should not be surprised.Frankly, I am surprised that you believe it is so important that you try to lord it over other people on a message board. I've lost quite a bit of respect for you. You can say you don't care what I or anyone else here thinks, but then why did you do it in the first place?

Don't play dumb. You know what you are lying about. Buy hey, you have perfected the art . . . as I said, I'm not surprised.I didn't follow it that closely. There was a contest, and you entered your wife in it. What did I leave out?

I didn't think you would do that then, just as I didn't think you would try to play the richer card to prove you are a better person than a stranger on the internets either. But hey, live and learn. I've been wrong before.

smeagol
12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Yep.

So my Hedo - Manu comment is what got you all pissy about this whole situation . . . :lmao

Ok.

In order for you to feel better, I will take it back. Let me know if this is ok or you need me to send you some milk and cookies.

My limit of what?

Your limit to keeping the discussion at certain level. I make a remark about a baskeball related comment which dates from 2004, and you get pissy about it.

It tells me you entered your wife in an internets contest and people remember it. Now you're acting all indignant about it, which is hilarious.

I don't care what you think, chump. I just feel like pointing out when you twist the truth.

My initial post was spot on. Citi did a really shitty job with their financial predictions, otherwise they would not need a $30 billion bailout to prop up their stock.

Your initial comment was not spot on.

How many people worked at Citi before they started laying off people? 300K roughly?

How many had to do with Citi's demise? I'd guestimate less than 1% of those 300,000 employees.

Now explain to me how the precious metal analyst and his team are related to subprime mortgages, CLOs, CDOs, funky derivatives, risk management and the other parts of the banks the fucked up?

Now you see how stupid your comment is?

(cue for chumpdumpster to start pulling explanations from his ass on why he is right :lol )

You enter your wife in internets contests when you find it appropriate to do so as well.

Pretty much when idiots defy me to do such thing.

Frankly, I am surprised that you believe it is so important that you try to lord it over other people on a message board. I've lost quite a bit of respect for you. You can say you don't care what I or anyone else here thinks, but then why did you do it in the first place?

I only bring it up when I feel I'm being bullied. I've only done it twice in 6 years of posting here.

I didn't follow it that closely. There was a contest, and you entered your wife in it. What did I leave out?

You left out the context of how it happened, you lied about it being a "Who I would fuck" contest, you said I started the contest (another lie). . . lot's of inaccuracies.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2008, 09:51 PM
So my Hedo - Manu comment is what got you all pissy about this whole situation . . . :lmao

Ok.

In order for you to feel better, I will take it back. Let me know if this is ok or you need me to send you some milk and cookies.Nah. I don't mind it at all. You're the one who wants to take it all back now that you look like a fool.

Your limit to keeping the discussion at certain level. I make a remark about a baskeball related comment which dates from 2004, and you get pissy about it.I make a remark about an internets contest in response and you cry like a pussy. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

I don't care what you think, chump. I just feel like pointing out when you twist the truth.So you do care.

Your initial comment was not spot on.

How many people worked at Citi before they started laying off people? 300K roughly?

How many had to do with Citi's demise? I'd guestimate less than 1% of those 300,000 employees.

Now explain to me how the precious metal analyst and his team are related to subprime mortgages, CLOs, CDOs, funky derivatives, risk management and the other parts of the banks the fucked up?

Now you see how stupid your comment is?

(cue for chumpdumpster to start pulling explanations from his ass on why he is right :lol )Still looks good. It was a joke after all. Everyone but you and whottt saw it as such. Makes sense.

Pretty much when idiots defy me to do such thing.:rollin:rollin

That's awesome.

I only bring it up when I feel I'm being bullied. I've only done it twice in 6 years of posting here.:lmao Oh man, this keeps getting better.

You left out the context of how it happened, you lied about it being a "Who I would fuck" contest, you said I started the contest (another lie). . . lot's of inaccuracies.I said you entered her in the contest, not that you started it. I said you started all the personal stuff in this thread. Both are true.

And of course it was a who would you rather contest. Don't be naive.

2centsworth
12-07-2008, 10:58 PM
:dont

whottt
12-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Damn still talking about me?

Look...my entire purpose in this thread was to call Chump a dumbass and that's it. I just felt like doing it on that particular day...seemed like it and the likely reaction it would get would be funny...and it has been.

jack sommerset
12-08-2008, 04:31 PM
A few of you should exchange phone numbers.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2008, 04:33 PM
the likely reaction it would get would be funny...and it has been.That's for sure.

smeagol
12-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Conclusion: chump always has to have the last word, even when he looks like an idiot . . . even when he is off by a mile.

Oh, it looks like your Hedo > Manu comment still haunts you . . . :lmao

RandomGuy
12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Will you two just get a room, and get it over with?

HA!

ChumpDumper
12-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Conclusion: chump always has to have the last word, even when he looks like an idiot . . . even when he is off by a mile.Nah, I just keep baiting people into being the idiots they truly are. It has worked once more. Too bad -- I once had a higher opinion of you.

Oh, it looks like your Hedo > Manu comment still haunts you . . . :lmaoYou're the one who feels oppressed and bullied. I am completely fine with my past comments. You obviously are not.

Extra Stout
12-09-2008, 10:58 AM
smeagol, what you have done in this thread is like getting into an argument with a couple of sixth-graders. Even if you were to win, you were arguing with sixth-graders, so you lose.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2008, 10:59 AM
As always, ES gets it.

2centsworth
12-09-2008, 11:53 AM
ES calls Chump a troll and Chump approves. lol

clambake
12-09-2008, 12:05 PM
don't break your neck trying to see what went by you.

smeagol
12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
smeagol, what you have done in this thread is like getting into an argument with a couple of sixth-graders. Even if you were to win, you were arguing with sixth-graders, so you lose.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to tell what kind of arguing mode CD is in.

He can be serious at times, such as when he wips galileo and Dan's asses in the 9/11 threads, or he can be a stubborn jackass when he does not admit he is wrong, and turns discussions into shit, such as what he did in this threrad.

In this case, he was being serious, although now he is playing dumb.

I still think he is wrong on both counts regarding Citi ((i) you cannot judge Citi's gold analyst prediction skills using Cititbank's (as a whole) past performance as your parameter, and (ii) when share go up, that is a positive thing).

clambake
12-09-2008, 12:11 PM
what made the shares go up?

smeagol
12-09-2008, 12:21 PM
what made the shares go up?

Whatever it was, it caused a positive event related to Citibank.

clambake
12-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Whatever it was, it caused a positive event related to Citibank.

you don't know what it was?

smeagol
12-09-2008, 12:24 PM
you don't know what it was?

I do.

Do you?

clambake
12-09-2008, 12:26 PM
I do.

Do you?

definitely.

do you think it is somehow noble in it's result?

smeagol
12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
definitely.

do you think it is somehow noble in it's result?

What do you mean?

clambake
12-09-2008, 12:35 PM
What do you mean?

you don't like that question, do you.

your entire position on citibank shares is wrapped up in this question: "do you think it is somehow noble in it's result?"

smeagol
12-09-2008, 12:44 PM
you don't like that question, do you.

I don't fully understand your question, although I have an idea where you are coming from. I just need you to expand. I can't figure out why you used the word "noble" regarding a government guarantee and the price of a particular stock.

your entire position on citibank shares is wrapped up in this question: "do you think it is somehow noble in it's result?"

My entire position on Citibank's shares is that they almost tripled in value since they hit rock bottom. And that in itself, is a good thing, despite the fact most of the pop in price (if not all) may have been caused by an exogenous event.

My position has nothing to do with what you or me or anybody else would deem to be "noble".

clambake
12-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't fully understand your question, although I have an idea where you are coming from. I just need you to expand. I can't figure out why you used the word "noble" regarding a government guarantee and the price of a particular stock.
do you think their newfound wealth was a noble act?

My entire position on Citibank's shares is that they almost tripled in value since they hit rock bottom. And that in itself, is a good thing, despite the fact most of the pop in price (if not all) may have been caused by an exogenous event.
may have been caused?

My position has nothing to do with what you or me or anybody else would deem to be "noble".
the value was based on piracy. you've spent 4 pages applauding this development as being somehow noble in it's result.

i find that to be a strange position to adopt.

smeagol
12-09-2008, 01:19 PM
do you think their newfound wealth was a noble act?

"Their newfound wealth"? Do you mean investors who bought Citi at $3 and made a profit?

Do you mean Citibank as a corporation, whose market cap tripled since Nov 21st?

I'm not trying to be an ass but sometimes it is difficult for me to follow what you're saying.

may have been caused?

Well, the stock went from less than 3$ to more than $8 in 4 days. Then in droped to less than $6.5, it proceeded to go back to $8 again, then down to $7.5 and now it is close to $9. All this in the span of two weeks.

Were the fluctuations in price solely caused by the government guarantee announced on Novemebr 17? I'm not sure neither you or me can say yes with 100% certainty. We can both have our opinions about it.

the value was based on piracy.

What value? WTF are you talking about?

you've spent 4 pages applauding this development as being somehow noble in it's result.

So if you made money with GM stock, which went from $2.5 to $5 since the rumours of a bailout started sometime around mid Novemeber, that would also be the result of piracy?

i find that to be a strange position to adopt.

Well, allow me to clue you in about what goes on in the market. My position is very common and there is nothing immoral (un-noble) about it. The market moves these kinds of events. Ther is no mystery here.

clambake
12-09-2008, 01:27 PM
the market always moves on these kinds of events?

where, again, would citibank be without this event?

oh, and could you tell me the stock market history on these kinds of events?

oh, and also, do you know the difference between earned and bailed out?

smeagol
12-09-2008, 01:39 PM
the market always moves on these kinds of events?

Yes

where, again, would citibank be without this event?

Who knows.

oh, and could you tell me the stock market history on these kinds of events?

I can't tell you a complete history but I do remember the government bailing out banks in the 80s under the "too big to fail" motto. Continental Illinois was one. Google it yourself and learn about the matter.

oh, and also, do you know the difference between earned and bailed out?

I do.

So, do you think the people who profited from the increase in Citi and GMs stock due to bailouts are inmoral? (or rather, their profits are inmoral?)

CavsSuperFan
12-09-2008, 01:40 PM
If people don’t have cash for cars, insurance or even food…How do they come up with $2000.00 for an ounce of gold?

CavsSuperFan
12-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Besides if gold goes to $2000.00 per ounce the GOP mantra will be dig baby dig…Which will bring the price back down to $200.00 per ounce…

clambake
12-09-2008, 01:46 PM
shareholders should not profit until debts are restored.

all the profits made from this disaster are corrupt.

smeagol
12-09-2008, 01:57 PM

all the profits made from this disaster are corrupt.

You have no idea how the stock market works.

I guess for what you are suggesting to happen, the US government should've bought 100% of Citi after it lent them money, so any pop on Citi's price would benefit the one entity lending/guaranteeing them money (the US Government and therefore, the US taxpayers).

While they are it it, they should buy 100% of JPMorgan, Bank of America, Wells fargo, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Bank of NY and State Street Bank, given that they have lent them a combined $125 billion.

clambake
12-09-2008, 02:00 PM
I can't tell you a complete history but I do remember the government bailing out banks in the 80s under the "too big to fail" motto. Continental Illinois was one. Google it yourself and learn about the matter.

interesting read. thanks. :toast

there is still a much more corrupt flavor to the current dish. the poison was within our own borders.

clambake
12-09-2008, 02:06 PM
You have no idea how the stock market works.
as heavily invested as i am, i should watch my ass, huh?

I guess for what you are suggesting to happen, the US government should've bought 100% of Citi after it lent them money, so any pop on Citi's price would benefit the one entity lending/guaranteeing them money (the US Government and therefore, the US taxpayers).
words in my mouth? could you quote my statement where i said anything remotely similar?

While they are it it, they should buy 100% of JPMorgan, Bank of America, Wells fargo, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Bank of NY and State Street Bank, given that they have lent them a combined $125 billion.
is that your suggestion?

smeagol
12-09-2008, 02:08 PM
interesting read. thanks. :toast

there is still a much more corrupt flavor to the current dish. the poison was within our own borders.

Everybody took part in the so called "corruption".

Many people unrelated to Wall Street benefited from the causes of taday's problems: ever-increasing real estate prices, extremely low credit card interest rates, lax lending requirements, cero down payment mortgage loans, no money down car loans, credit-galore form appliance and computer retailers, etc, etc, etc . . .

clambake
12-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Everybody took part in the so called "corruption".

Many people unrelated to Wall Street benefited from the causes of taday's problems: ever-increasing real estate prices, extremely low credit card interest rates, lax lending requirements, cero down payment mortgage loans, no money down car loans, credit-galore form appliance and computer retailers, etc, etc, etc . . .

everybody did not take part. i know you were generalizing that statement.

the ones that didn't take part are the ones that are pissed. and that block of taxpayers is enormous.

smeagol
12-09-2008, 02:14 PM
as heavily invested as i am, i should watch my ass, huh?

I guess not. You seem to be part of the CD investment school of thought (there is nothing wrong with that)

words in my mouth? could you quote my statement where i said anything remotely similar?

Given that the majority of the shares from these banks, which owe money to Uncle Sam, are still floating in the market, in order for what you suggested (nobody should profit until debt is restored) to actually happen, then the Governemnt should buy 100% of the shares.

You didn't say that, I simply expanded your ridiculous statement.

is that your suggestion?

No. I'm just following you irrational line of reasoning.

Otherwise, explain to me how this statement can be put to practice:

smeagol
12-09-2008, 02:19 PM
everybody did not take part. i know you were generalizing that statement.

Not everyone . . . that is why the second paragraph staerted with "Many people . . ."

nevertheless, it was a lot of people.

the ones that didn't take part are the ones that are pissed. and that block of taxpayers is enormous.

Well, if you did not take out a funky mortgage, bought a car with no refunds attached to it, carried credit card debt at close to cero interest rate debts, did not buy a computer on credit from Best Buy/CompUSA/Circuit City, etc then you have reasons to be pissed off.

I don't think that block of taxpayers is enormous by any stretch of the imagination. If this were the case, the mess we are in would not be a big as it is.

clambake
12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
i was talking about the debts that are owed to our society. holding those responsible, removing their wealth that was gained by their corruptive operations, removing their ability to hold positions now and in the future, in other words cutting them out like tumors.....not the people that bought a blender from best buy.

how do you feel about accountability?

clambake
12-09-2008, 02:43 PM
oh, i get it. you're saying that everyone with credit card debt, car payments, mortgage payments etc..... are implicated. (thought i'd start guessing what you're saying)

smeagol
12-09-2008, 02:51 PM
i was talking about the debts that are owed to our society.

This is my problem with your vague way of writting.

holding those responsible, removing their wealth that was gained by their corruptive operations,

Tell me about the corrupt operations. if they were truly corrup, they would be in jail or in the process of ending up in jail.

The big issue of this whole mess lies with Governemtn itself. It is called lack of oversight.

removing their ability to hold positions now and in the future, in other words cutting them out like tumors.....not the people that bought a blender from best buy.

If a society choses to live under capitalism, these things will happen. It comes with freedom. The larger part of the problem lies with the regulators.

how do you feel about accountability?

Who is accountable for this mess that has been in an incubator for 20 years?

It is difficult to say.

I would favor for some top executives of banks that went under to give their bonuse back. That would be pretty funny!

smeagol
12-09-2008, 02:54 PM
oh, i get it. you're saying that everyone with credit card debt, car payments, mortgage payments etc..... are implicated. (thought i'd start guessing what you're saying)

Implicated makes it sound as if this were a big conspiracy . . .

Do you know why the economy is in the mess it is in?

I will give you a hint: it has to do with mortgages, car payments and credit card debt . . .

smeagol
12-09-2008, 03:01 PM