PDA

View Full Version : Work recognition

I. Hustle
12-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Ok so at work do any of you have a recognition program?
Here we have a program set up where others can nominate you for different levels of recognition. You have stuff like shining star, on the spot, service excellence. Well any way a service excellence gets you a $50 gift card to a place of your choosing. Every time you get a SE you get your name thrown in for an annual trip to Vegas. There is also another trip you get your name thrown into and that is for a random location that they pick. Last year was Disney World and the year before that was Hawaii. I have a while to go before they pick but I already have my name thrown in more than the peeps around me.

ashbeeigh
12-03-2008, 01:43 PM
At West they had this thing called the "Star" employee and the "Presidents club" The Star employee got to park right smack dab in the front of building 5000 for a month, which was bad ass. There was a STAR employee for every project once a month. Then one star employee from each project was nominated for the president's club. The President's club members get to go to spurs games, catered dinners, lunches, etc. The best part is at the end of the year the Presidents club members go to Vegas on paid vacation with one guest and get to wine and dine with the CEO of the company.

At ACORN, no. I just get to sit on my ass.

JudynTX
12-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Lucky you....I get a "thank you" from time to time. :lol

ORION
12-03-2008, 01:46 PM
we don't get a lot of awards but we have a crap load of contest for all kinds of stuff. Anything from a trip,cars and down to a $5 sonic card

BacktoBasics
12-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I get to work with counter productive assfucks who make my life a living hell.

boutons_
12-03-2008, 02:42 PM
This kind of micky-mouse motivational/entertainment stuff could be seen as an indictment of just how bad, how de-motivating, how de-humanizing most corporate jobs are, why people aren't able just to do their (perhaps shitty) jobs as specified, but need all kinds of side-show, repeated kick-start stuff just to earn their money.

BacktoBasics
12-03-2008, 02:47 PM
This kind of micky-mouse motivational/entertainment stuff could be seen as an indictment of just how bad, how de-motivating, how de-humanizing most corporate jobs are, why people aren't able just to do their (perhaps shitty) jobs as specified, but need all kinds of side-show, repeated kick-start stuff just to earn their money.
Spoiled America. Pussification of America. Call it whatever you want but the inability to complete the most basic tasks in a reasonable fashion are nearly a thing of the past.

ORION
12-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Spoiled America. Pussification of America. Call it whatever you want but the inability to complete the most basic tasks in a reasonable fashion are nearly a thing of the past.

hey if my company wants to reward me for doing my job then fuck it. fuck it all the way to the bank

BacktoBasics
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
hey if my company wants to reward me for doing my job then fuck it. fuck it all the way to the bank
Calm down friendo. I'm not saying don't take advantage.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-03-2008, 02:53 PM
I have never recognized what I do as work.

ORION
12-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Calm down friendo. I'm not saying don't take advantage.

oh I know. I just think its funny that people I work with expect a bonus for doing their job.

I. Hustle
12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't expect a bonus but I will take it.

ORION
12-03-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't expect a bonus but I will take it.

exactly. We get bonuses for meeting goals. not exceeding but meeting

Blake
12-03-2008, 03:45 PM
If I ever hear the words "good job" or "thanks", watch out for pig crap falling from the sky when they fly over

DarkReign
12-03-2008, 03:48 PM
We ahve a reward program at work called "You get to keep your job....this week."

Its all the rage.

I. Hustle
12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I think it's funny. I do what I am supposed to do no more no less but the people I do stuff for love me because I make them laugh. So because I am funny I get nominated for cool stuff and MIGHT win a trip.