PDA

View Full Version : Spurs At Nuggets Previews

duncan228
12-03-2008, 05:18 PM
San Antonio (9-8) at Denver (13-6) Preview (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2008120407&prov=ap)
Game info: 10:30 pm EST Thu Dec 4, 2008 TV: TNT
By Brett Huston

The Denver Nuggets are on a roll, and it would have been tough for them to play much better in their latest win.

The last time the San Antonio Spurs took the court, Gregg Popovich feels his team couldn’t have played any worse.

With Chauncey Billups leading the way, the Nuggets will look for their sixth victory in seven games on Thursday when they host the Spurs, coming off an effort their veteran coach described as “very soft.”

Denver (13-6) was just 1-3 when Billups first entered the lineup after being acquired from Detroit, and the veteran point guard’s presence has made a huge difference. The Nuggets are 12-3 with Billups, and during their current three-game winning streak, he’s been the best player on the court.

Billups had a game-high 27 points in a 106-97 win at Minnesota on Saturday, then had 28 and 10 assists in a 104-94 victory over Houston on Sunday, a game Carmelo Anthony left due to a sprained elbow. Anthony returned Tuesday against Toronto, but it was Billups who led the way again, recording 24 points and 14 assists in a 132-93 rout, tied for Denver’s fifth-largest margin of victory in franchise history.

“It’s just one of those games where it seemed like everything kind of worked,” said Billups, who’s shooting 60.0 percent (12-of-20) from 3-point range in his last three games. “Throughout the season you usually get two or three of those games. Unfortunately, you usually get two or three on the other side, those games where nothing really works.”

Nothing worked for the Spurs after halftime of their latest game. San Antonio (9-8) took a five-point lead into the break at home against Detroit on Tuesday, but fell apart in the second half. The Spurs combined for 32 points in the final two quarters of an 89-77 loss.

Manu Ginobili had 13 points in his first game back in the starting lineup, the first time all season that he, Tim Duncan and Tony Parker have been on the floor at the beginning of a game. But after being outscored 28-14 in the fourth quarter, Popovich was hardly concerned with the on-court reunion of his three best players.

“I thought tonight we played very poorly, very unwisely,” Popovich said. “We have too many people playing poorly at this point.

“The most disturbing thing is that we were very soft. I think Detroit intimidated us. It was really sad to watch in that respect. I thought we totally folded to their aggressive play.”

Roger Mason, who started 12 games when Parker and Ginobili were hurt, agreed with his coach.

“We didn’t have the juice, the intensity that we needed to compete at an NBA level,” said Mason, who tied a season-low with six points in his first game off the bench since Nov. 5. “I don’t think we played aggressive enough as a team.”

Neither Parker nor Ginobili was in the lineup during the Spurs’ first game against Denver this season. Rookie George Hill had 20 points in that game for San Antonio, but Duncan was held to just 12 in the Nuggets’ 91-81 win on Nov. 19.

Billups had 22 points and six assists in that meeting, but he’s historically struggled versus Parker and the Spurs. In 11 regular-season games against Parker since arriving in Detroit in 2002-03, Billups is averaging 13.5 points on just 35.6 percent shooting.

Parker is averaging 16.5 points on 49.7 percent shooting in those matchups.

San Antonio lost in both of its trips to Denver last season.

Notes

Spurs:

G Manu Ginobili started his first game of the season for San Antonio. He was 4-of-11 from the field - including 2-of-6 from the arc - and finished with 13 points. ... Twelve of San Antonio's first 22 points came in the paint, but the Pistons finished with a 38-20 edge in the category. ... The Spurs have lost their last three games against the Pistons. ... F Bruce Bowen failed to reach double digits in scoring for the 11th straight game. He has done so just once this season, a 13-point effort on November 11 against the New York Knicks.

Nuggets:

The Nuggets shot 60 percent (49-of-82) from the field on Tuesday, easily their best shooting performance of the season. ... The Nuggets held the Raptors to 37 percent (34-of-93) shooting, their best defensive effort of the campaign. ... F-C Nene, who entered the game leading the league in shooting percentage at 63 percent, was 8-of-9 from the field (89 percent) in Tuesday's victory. ... Denver's 37 assists were the most in the NBA this season.

Team Stat Leaders

Tony Parker SA 23.1
Carmelo Anthony Den 20.1

Rebounds

Tim Duncan SA 10.2
Carmelo Anthony Den 8.2

Assists

Tony Parker SA 6.0
Chauncey Billups Den 7.2

Injuries

San Antonio

No injuries reported.

Denver

S. Hunter Knee

Standings

Team Standings W L Pct. GB L 10 Strk

San Antonio 3rd Southwest 9 7 .562 1 7-3 Lost 1

Denver 2nd Northwest 12 6 .667 0.5 8-2 Won 2

benefactor
12-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Please don't lose by 20.

duncan228
12-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Billups makes an instant impact (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/chris_mannix/12/03/billups.notes/)
Chris Mannix

Here is the 2008-2009 preseason definition of the Denver Nuggets, straight from Webster's Mythical Dictionary of NBA Franchises: an individually talented, athletically superior, run-and-gun team that is missing a bona fide floor general capable of making big shots, controlling the tempo and taking over a game in the fourth quarter.

Now, here is the definition of Chauncey Billups from the same fictional book: a bona fide floor general capable of making big shots, controlling the tempo and taking over a game in the fourth quarter.

Round peg, meet round hole.

One of the game's most poised playmakers, Billups has excelled in his role as Denver's on-court traffic cop since arriving last month in a trade for Allen Iverson. With the veteran point guard enjoying free rein under coach George Karl -- "This is the most freedom I've had in my career," the 32-year-old Billups said -- the Nuggets are 12-3 with their new lineup.

"I watched this team a lot the last couple of years," said Billups, a Denver native who played collegiately at Colorado. "This is my hometown team, so of course I took an interest in them. What I saw was a team that struggled in the fourth quarter. They looked messed up out there.

"Those kind of [struggles] are not going to happen with me out there. I won't let that happen."

Billups has shown his new teammates how easily he can shift from facilitator to scorer. In a 106-105 victory against the Clippers last week, he scored only seven points but chipped in 11 assists. Then, with Carmelo Anthony sidelined by an elbow injury for the second half of Sunday's win against the Rockets, Billups scored 24 of his 28 points in the final two quarters. Overall, he is averaging 18.9 points and 7.2 assists with Denver.

Billups said that in the days after his arrival, several Nuggets players told him he was "exactly what they need."

"It felt good to hear that," he said. "There is a lot of talent on this team. We just have to find a way to put it all together."

Billups also represents a philosophical shift by the Nuggets' front office. Denver was in full cost-cutting mode in the offseason, dealing starting center Marcus Camby to the Clippers for two second-round draft picks. But the acquisition of Billups has quieted any talk of a roster overhaul. In fact, some NBA front-office sources believe that Denver may look to be buyers before February's trade deadline.

"They could be a dangerous playoff team," a Western Conference scout said of the Nuggets, who have five consecutive first-round losses. "They have to find a way to avoid the Lakers, New Orleans and San Antonio in the first round. If they can do that, I can see them winning a series. And from there, who knows?"

That's fine with Billups, who reached the conference finals in each of his six full seasons with the Pistons.

"I came here to win," he said. "And that's the feeling I got from everybody, from management to the coaches to the players. We want to win a championship here."

m33p0
12-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Please let Duncan shut Kenyon Martin's trap.

milkyway21
12-03-2008, 09:55 PM
"They could be a dangerous playoff team," a Western Conference scout said of the Nuggets, who have five consecutive first-round losses. "They have to find a way to avoid the Lakers, New Orleans and San Antonio in the first round. If they can do that, I can see them winning a series. And from there, who knows?"

That's fine with Billups, who reached the conference finals in each of his six full seasons with the Pistons.

but, but this is not the weak Eastern Conference anymore, Chauncy.

Caution.

If we fail, there's one team I won't mind winning the WC, it's the Nuggets now with Billups.

Only we can't help choking them if we face them in the playoffs in the past. It's not our fault if Manu likes to create havoc against them and torment Coach Karl he:D he:D

I just hope they face the Lakers in the early rnd this yr.
Because definitely they are better & dangerous this yr. and I don't want another 3 WC Final rounds like last yr.

Rogue
12-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Billups>Parker

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-03-2008, 10:31 PM
:clap should be a cracker of a game.

fotan2
12-03-2008, 10:46 PM
our PG probably will get blown out by billups if TP doesnt step out

tlongII
12-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Sorry Nuggets-Fan, but I have to pull for the Spurs in this one. Rare occurance.

milkyway21
12-03-2008, 11:41 PM
nuggets fan,

don't start blog threads this time, okay? :nope

:lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Sorry Nuggets-Fan, but I have to pull for the Spurs in this one. Rare occurance.

:lol that's ok. I know how it is with divisional rivals and also considering the Nuggets and Blazers are pretty much neck and neck at the moment.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-04-2008, 12:04 AM
nuggets fan,

don't start blog threads this time, okay? :nope

:lol

i'm not going to :lol:toast Although i am still waiting for enigma to start one.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Hopefully the Nuggs offense continues clicking. They started the season slow but are now up to 11th in offensive efficiency and 6th in defensive efficiency

pawe
12-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Enigma's a little cold right now for gameblogs. Somebody step up and get the groove back for the Spurs.

Spork KIller
12-04-2008, 12:25 AM
The Final Score will be:

Nuggets 149
Spurts 76

cze1860
12-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Please don't lose by 20.

good idea...........

cze1860
12-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Billups>Parker

+1

superbigtime
12-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Pop is such a jackass for saying that shit in the media. That loss is ALL on Pop and his idiot lineups and substitutions. Yeah Pop, degrade the team publicly. That'll make em play harder for you.

duncan228
12-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Nuggets' Nene an efficiency expert (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/dec/03/nuggets-nene-an-efficiency-expert/)
Brazilian center's 64.2 percent from floor leads NBA
By Paul Willis

This is how Nene likes it.

While the Nuggets' monthlong hot streak has been credited almost solely to the arrival of Chauncey Billups and the improved all-around game of Carmelo Anthony, the Nuggets center quietly is becoming the player they always said he could be.

While Billups and Anthony continue to eat up the headlines, Nene has averaged 15.2 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.68 blocked shots, all of which would shatter his single-season bests.

But perhaps most telling about the 6-foot-11 Brazilian's emergence is his 64.2 percent field-goal percentage, which leads the NBA but is on pace to be the best since Artis Gilmore shot 65.2 percent for Chicago in 1981-82.

"Now is my time," Nene said. "I've been through a lot of things to get to this position I am now."

Indeed, Nene has persevered through a laundry list of injuries and a bout of testicular cancer. Then, the onus further was placed on the seventh-year pro when Denver dumped starting center Marcus Camby and his salary on the Los Angeles Clippers during the offseason.

What had the makings of a PR disaster for the Nuggets if Nene did not immediately produce now virtually has become a forgotten topic.

"I'll tell you, I've been most surprised with Nene," Billups said. "I knew he was good. I knew that he was tough on the block to stop. I didn't know he could shoot as well as he does, and I didn't know he blocks shots as well as he does.

"Nene, he's an All-Star, man, and there's no one playing better than him in the league. I've looked around, I've seen it, and no one's really playing better than Nene. He's been a pleasant surprise for me, and he's such a great dude, which you guys all know."

Nuggets coach George Karl said Nene seldom takes a contested shot and terms the big man a "really efficient player."

But Karl also thinks Nene can do more.

"He bothers me because we run plays (for him) that he breaks out of and sets a screen for somebody else," Karl said. "We've had trouble getting guys to run plays for other people (but not for themselves). Sometimes I wish Nene would be a little more selfish to get his touch, get his opportunity, instead of sacrifice for other people."

Said Nene: "I'm no man who likes to force the ball. I just try to finish hard. I feel blessed, and now I have this No. 1 field-goal percent, and that's good because it will make me work more and take it more serious."

There were many who thought the Nuggets made a serious mistake when they signed Nene to a six-year, $60 million deal in summer 2006. He had a difficult first two seasons after receiving the contract many NBA insiders rated anywhere from high risk to ridiculous.

He was eased into action in 2006-07 because he was coming off knee surgery that limited him to one game the previous season. By the end of 2006-07, he was beginning to realize his potential, playing similarly to how he is now, albeit mostly at the power forward position with Kenyon Martin out because of knee surgery.

Then last season, Nene battled through calf and thumb injuries before being diagnosed with testicular cancer. He returned late in the season after receiving treatment, but his season could be described as disjointed, at best.

"It's great to see him back," Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh said. "He's playing like he was before, even better. He's a very good post player. He has a bunch of moves down low, and he's very strong."

Nene was his efficient self Tuesday in a blowout win against the Raptors, nailing 8-of-9 shots en route to 19 points and 11 rebounds. It was his second consecutive double-double and fifth this season, numbers that might suggest he is beginning to settle in to his role as a full-time starter.

"Do I feel comfortable? No," Nene said. "Never get comfortable. Because when you get comfortable, you can lose your position."

That prospect seems very unlikely, especially with Nene slowly beginning to get leaguewide acclaim after onlookers get past the contributions of Billups and Anthony.

"He's playing great," said Sam Mitchell, who was fired as Raptors coach after the loss to Denver. "But their whole team is playing great."

Spurs at Nuggets

* When: 8:30 tonight.

* Where: Pepsi Center.

* TV/radio: TNT; KTNI-FM (101.5).

* Probable starting lineups

San Antonio (9-8) Pos. Ht. Pts.

4 Michael Finley F 6-7 10.0
21 Tim Duncan F 6-11 20.9
15 Matt Bonner C 6-10 6.3
20 Manu Ginobili G 6-6 13.0
9 Tony Parker G 6-2 23.1

Coach: Gregg Popovich

Denver (13-6) Pos. Ht. Pts.

15 Carmelo Anthony F 6-8 20.1
4 Kenyon Martin F 6-9 12.9
31 Nene C 6-11 15.2
30 Dahntay Jones G 6-6 6.1
7 Chauncey Billups G 6-3 18.2

Coach: George Karl

Injuries:

San Antonio - None reported.

Denver - C Steven Hunter (knee surgery) is out.

Notes:

The Nuggets lead the season series 1-0, winning 91-81 at San Antonio on Nov. 19, but the Spurs were without Ginobili and Parker. . . . After shooting 59.8 percent in a 132-93 win Tuesday against Toronto, the Nuggets are shooting 46.2 percent this season. Asked if that's acceptable, Karl said: "I'm not really a field-goal percentage guy. I'm a points-per- possession guy." . . . The Spurs are 6-1 when holding opponents to less than 45 percent shooting, 3-7 when not. . . . The Nuggets are 12-3 since Billups was obtained in a trade with Detroit. "We're not worried about the games we've played, we're worried about the games coming up," Martin said. "We've already taken care of business in those games."

timtonymanu
12-04-2008, 12:56 AM
this is a must win! we're tied with Dallas for 8th in the West. if we lose we'll be .500 again.

timaios
12-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Billups>Parker

Billups>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-04-2008, 01:12 AM
thanks for the article Duncan228 . I love Nene and i think he has a great attitude and a great respect for the game of basketball. He is the opposite of those idiots who take being in the NBA for granted (eg Marbury, Sprewell)

I feel more confident with him going up against Duncan than i ever did with scrawny Camby trying to stop him in the post :lol

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
12-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Hey Pork Killa Get The Fuck Out Vato! Hey Whut Happind To Ur Suns Fukin Pussy Ass Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tp2021
12-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I feel more confident with him going up against Duncan than i ever did with scrawny Camby trying to stop him in the post :lol

Tim struggles more against long, athletic bigmen. Camby is one of the players that bother Tim in particular, I think he said so himself once, IIRC.

milkyway21
12-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Billups>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker

you know that's NOT TRUE.

remember playoffs 2005? and 2007?

Billups=Parker

duncan228
12-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Thursday: Spurs (9-8) at Nuggets (13-6) (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Thursday_Spurs_9-8_at_Nuggets_13-6.html)
By Mike Monroe

Time: 9:30 p.m.
TV: TNT
Radio: WOAI-AM 1200, KCOR-AM 1350

STARTING LINEUPS
POS - SPURS - NUGGETS

PG - 9 Tony Parker (6-2, 8th yr) - 7 Chauncey Billups (6-3, 12th yr)
Billups' 14 assists vs. Raptors on Tuesday upped season average to 7.2.

SG - 20 Manu Ginobili (6-6, 7th yr) - 30 Dahntay Jones (6-6, 6th yr)
Ginobili went 4 for 11 in first start Tuesday, but has good history against Nuggets.

SF - 4 Michael Finley (6-7, 14th yr) - 15 Carmelo Anthony (6-8, 6th yr)
Anthony's scoring down (20.2) but he leads Nuggets in rebounding with 8.2 per game.

PF - 21 Tim Duncan (6-11, 12th yr) - 31 Nene (6-11, 7th yr)
Duncan scored only five points in second half, missed last five shots against Pistons.

C - 15 Matt Bonner (6-10, 5th yr) - 38 Kwame Brown (6-11, 8th yr)
Bonner missed 4 of 5 3-point shots in start against Pistons.

SPURS RESERVES

8 Roger Mason Jr., G, 6-5, 5th yr
7 Fabricio Oberto, C, 6-10, 4th yr
3 George Hill, G, 6-2, 1st yr
5 Ime Udoka, G/F, 6-5, 5th yr
40 Kurt Thomas, C/F, 6-9, 14th yr
28 Ian Mahinmi, C, 6-11, 2nd yr
11 Jacque Vaughn, G, 6-1, 12th yr
12 Bruce Bowen, F, 6-7, 13th yr

NUGGETS RESERVES

11 Chris Andersen, F-C, 6-10, 7th yr
12 Chucky Atkins, G, 5-11, 10th yr
32 Renaldo Balkman, F, 6-8, 3rd yr
25 Anthony Carter, G, 6-2, 10th yr
45 Steven Hunter, F/C, 7-0, 8th yr
43 Linas Kleiza, F, 6-8, 4th yr
35 Cheikh Samb, C, 7-1, 2nd yr
-1 J.R. Smith, G, 6-6, 5th yr
13 Sonny Weems, G-F, 6-6, 1st yr

COACHES

Spurs: Gregg Popovich
Nuggets: George Karl

INJURIES

Spurs: Ian Mahinmi (left ankle sprain) and Ime Udoka (flu) are out.

Nuggets: Steven Hunter (right knee surgery) is out.

PROJECTED INACTIVE PLAYERS

Spurs: Mahinmi.

Nuggets: Hunter, Weems.

NOTABLE

Nuggets won first meeting this season, beating Spurs 91-81 on Nov. 19 at the AT&T Center. ... Spurs have made only 11 of 41 3-point shots in last two games, both losses. ... Nuggets' 13-6 record ties 1976-77 team for best start in franchise's NBA history. ... Nuggets' 39-point victory over Raptors on Tuesday was their largest of season. It was the ninth time this season they have held opponent under 100. They are 8-1 in those games.

timaios
12-04-2008, 02:25 AM
you know that's NOT TRUE.

remember playoffs 2005? and 2007?

Billups=Parker

sarcasm :rolleyes

milkyway21
12-04-2008, 02:49 AM
sarcasm :rolleyes :D

come on.

okay how about the 55? :lol

NugzFan
12-04-2008, 04:31 AM
[B]C - 15 Matt Bonner (6-10, 5th yr) - 38 Kwame Brown (6-11, 8th yr)
Bonner missed 4 of 5 3-point shots in start against Pistons.

:wow

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-04-2008, 04:33 AM
we traded Kmart for Kwame?! Since when does K play Center?

Cara_de_Dedăo
12-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Sweetness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z17q5llKxSo

mathbzh
12-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Beno>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker
Fixed

timaios
12-04-2008, 11:29 AM
:D

come on.

okay how about the 55? :lol

What are you talking about ?
I am sick of the TP hating. It was just sarcasm.
You know it's a preview of a game against the nuggets and all a spurs fan has to say is Billups>Parker.
Maybe it's true, maybe it's not but what's the point ?
It's so comical at this point, that all i have left in me is sarcasm.

superbigtime
12-04-2008, 12:02 PM
I predict manu will have a great game for nothing because Pop will find a way to fuck this game up too.

duncan228
12-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Spurs @ Nuggets (http://nuggdoctor.blogspot.com/2008/12/game-20-spurs-nuggets.html)
by Nugg Doctor

(Boulder-CO) Although the Spurs have had to battle injuries to two of their top three players in the first quarter of the season I still think they are a geriatric crew that is well past their prime. But, am I counting them out in tonight's game against the Nuggets in the freshly fallen snow of the Mile High City? Hardly, but I just think that barring any monumental breakdown on the Nuggets behalf the Spurs are about to run into an oil greased buzz saw.

In San Antonio's last game against the Pistons (one of which I watched for scouting purposes), I could barely even recognize them as the Spurs of old despite Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, and Tim Duncan all being on the floor for the first time this season. Simply stated, San Antonio played scared. And to back up my calling the Spurs geriatric, San Antonio could only muster 32 points in the second half as they lost to Pistons, 89-77. Furthermore, only three Spurs scored more than six points while being paced by Tim Duncan's 23 points and 13 rebounds despite Timmy only scoring one point in the fourth quarter.

Now, if we look at the Nuggets' first victory over the Spurs the first thing we'll see is neither Tony Parker or Manu "The Flopper" Ginobili played in the Denver win. Parker and Ginobili will play tonight, but the second thing that jumps out at me is San Antonio's meager 81 points in that loss. And when I look at the overall statistical team standings that 81 points shouldn't be chalked up to tremendous Denver defense. The Spurs are miserable offensively with the league's fourth lowest points per game average of 92.6 ppg which is not going to bode well for them against the Nuggets who are averaging over 102 ppg while handing out the NBA's second best average of assists per game too. Furthermore, the Spurs are in the bottom four teams, statistically, in the following categories: Steals per game (30th), blocks per game (29th), field goals made per game (27th), and free-throws made and attempted per game (30th and 30th).

So, with the picture painted by the numbers it's pretty obvious that the aging Spurs play at a snail's pace and I don't think that in only the second game this season having their top three players together that there is going to be any offensive explosion. When I watched the Spurs/Pistons game on Tuesday, the entire San Antonio offense comes to a complete stop when Tim Duncan gets the ball in the post and Timmy rarely passes for an assist as his 3.1 assist average indicates. My prescription for this is for the Nuggets to not send a double-team at Duncan and risk allowing open perimeter jump shots while forcing "Old Man" Duncan to be a one-man show. Follow me on this as I see it will have a double-edged effect. First, it will keep Nene one-on-one with Duncan and I think the strength and quickness of the Brazilian jungle cat will disrupt Duncan putting the ball on the floor and getting to the rim. Plus, without a double-team, Duncan will be forced to face up and shoot mid-range jumpers of which I think the Nuggets can rebound and run off of the inevitable misses. This will push the pace of the game and leave the Spurs breathless at altitude. The second cutting edge of this game plan eliminates Robert Horry, Manu, Parker, Bruce "The Undercutter" Bowen, and Roger Mason from getting things started from three and thus leaving the Spurs standing and watching Duncan lurch his way from the low block to the wing as their offense goes into slow motion.
And if you can't score, you can't win! Especially against the Nuggets, who are capable of putting up 30+ points in any/all four quarters anytime, anywhere, and against anybody.

Say it with me now...
Go Nuggets!

tlongII
12-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Nuggets have always been tough to beat in Denver with the altitude.

Phonzie20
12-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Sweetness

Corona is kicking butt in is vids. Thank God he doesn't have a life.

Dex
12-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Whoa, the nugfans are back.

Phonzie20
12-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Whoa, the nugfans are back.

Is that a bad thing?

tp2021
12-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Sweetness

1:35
3:10
4:00

Phonzie20
12-04-2008, 04:16 PM
1:35
3:10
4:00

Pretty much.

Dex
12-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Is that a bad thing?

Nah, you guys were never so bad.

It was those damned Pistons fans. Ugh. :rolleyes

Phonzie20
12-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Nah, you guys were never so bad.

It was those damned Pistons fans. Ugh. :rolleyes

I was a Spurs fan from the D-Rob days.

Dex
12-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Really though, the only fans that seem to catch flack here still is Suns fans, and they seem to bring it upon themselves.

Love em or hate em, even a few Lakers fans have managed to become pretty regular contributors.

hater
12-04-2008, 04:43 PM
nice!!! finally a game on HD TV and with my big 3 playing!!

this deserves a lot of liquor in my body tonight....

45 bank shot
12-04-2008, 05:24 PM
it sux that Mahinmi is injured. Now he can't take up a roster spot in toros n he fuked up Tolliver' s spot on spurs. I know Tolliver's shots aren't fallin but i'd rather see him than JV n Mahinmi in suits

tomtom
12-04-2008, 06:53 PM
this is gonna be a tough one but i have a feeling things will start clicking!

Brazil
12-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Hill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JVG>Parker

Better like this

duncan228
12-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Match-Up of the Night: Tim Duncan vs. Kenyon Martin (http://48minutesofhell.blogspot.com/2008/12/match-up-of-night-tim-duncan-vs-kenyon.html)

Brazil
12-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Other match up of the night billups parker

Phonzie20
12-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Other match up of the night billups parker

two matchups to watch. cb/tp and our thugg/TD