PDA

View Full Version : Record, 39 straight

Jimcs50
02-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Did you see that the Spurs' 39 straight wins when they score at least 100 pts in an NBA record?

That means one thing....the Spurs are the best combo offensive/defensive team in team history.

This is an amazing feat...it took that miracle comeback against Phoenix to keep this string alive too...

Will this string end soon?

boutons
02-24-2005, 12:19 PM
How does it mean that to you? Does it mean that to anybody else?

Is that the only/primary thing it means to anybody?

10 AM is kinda early to be (still) intoxicated, but hyperbolic "in history" is allowable in that context.

Jimcs50
02-24-2005, 12:25 PM

10 AM is kinda early to be (still) intoxicated, but hyperbolic "in history" is allowable in that context.

Team history....name anothet team in Spurs history that had as good a combo of offense and defense as this one.

BigVee
02-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Not sure what it means. Certainly it means the Spurs are a good defensive team, i.e. when they score 100 it should be enough to win. But I don't think it is an indicator of greatest off/def team.
Just read you "team history" clarification. Could be.

Jimcs50
02-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Not sure what it means. Certainly it means the Spurs are a good defensive team, i.e. when they score 100 it should be enough to win. But I don't think it is an indicator of greatest off/def team.

The reason is, any team can score 100, but can they score 100 and still keep the other team from scoring 100 and winning those shootout games, like SA does.

Also any great defensive team can hold others below 100, but they more times than not, do not get to 100 themselves...just look as the 02-03 SA team.

ShoogarBear
02-24-2005, 01:45 PM
That record can't be compare to teams from other eras. The Knicks of the early 1970s were a great defensive team. They led the league allowing 105.9 PPG. They had no mathematical chance at that record. That doesn't mean the Spurs are better.

Jimcs50
02-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Guys, read my lips....I said best in TEAM history...the Knicks are not involved in TEAM history.

ShoogarBear
02-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, after your 2:06 p.m. edit.

:lol

Anyway, the argument still holds. I think you're right about this being the best balance in team history, but you can't use the 39 straight to compare it to any team before '99, really.

Jimcs50
02-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Today, 11:25 AM #3
Jimcs50
Nostradamas Jr.

Position: Dominant Center
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $400
Re: Record, 39 straight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutons

Team history....name anothet team in Spurs history that had as good a combo of offense and defense as this one.

Shoog, TEAM history in 3rd post without edit.

:)