PDA

View Full Version : Where's the fire & and determination

DaBears
12-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I have been a spurs fan my entire life and i have to say i have experienced the good and the bad with the team, through all the up's and downs. But not since the days when Mario Elie called the spurs out! Have i seen them so soft and the so-called captin acked like a girl when rasheed wallace got physical.

Its time Spurs get thier fire and flare back and show some passion!!! And not just for the next game.:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

sonic21
12-04-2008, 11:05 AM
:tu DECEMBER THREAD

hater
12-04-2008, 11:16 AM
not worried at all. Spurs just playing together for the 3rd or 4th game since last summer.

Pop is still messing with lineups, etc. This is a tuneup stage. what is there to be worried about?

DaBears
12-04-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm worried about this: It doesnt take any games to work on your heart! And to show that you have a pair u know what!. Tim backed down, and thats a fact!! Look at his history. When the going gets tough Tim says Bye Bye:). No really i love the guy he's brought home the rings but he plays for more than that he plays for the city, and is representation of SA. So enessance show emotion get tough and fight back. That goes for the rest of the team. Manu shows heart we all see that..

xtremesteven33
12-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Although i agree this team needs time to gel and know each other tendencies on the court in order to win games, theres no excuse for a lack of fire and passion on the court when youre losing at home OR on the road.

People are paying good money to watch you play and fans will not get mad if you lose but well be greatly dissapointed in the team when they play with half effort. This past Tuesday i saw my spurs play with no desire and no fire. Sad day.

hater
12-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm worried about this: It doesnt take any games to work on your heart! And to show that you have a pair u know what!. Tim backed down, and thats a fact!! Look at his history. When the going gets tough Tim says Bye Bye:). No really i love the guy he's brought home the rings but he plays for more than that he plays for the city, and is representation of SA. So enessance show emotion get tough and fight back. That goes for the rest of the team. Manu shows heart we all see that..

relax. it's early december. this will happen, especially to old experienced teams. they can't play 100% fire in early december. come on

superbigtime
12-04-2008, 11:49 AM
I think the players responded predictably to Pop's mettling with the lineup and his substitutions. How are they supposed to react when Pop squanders a 10 point lead which they somehow earned despite relegating Hot Shooter Mason (except for the Houston gm) to the bench, swapping in Manu who isn't yet in game shape into the starting lineup, and playing mind games with the rookie by putting in Jockstrap fucking Vaughn. You think Tony is going to play hard for this guy after all that? I am so disgusted with this "coach."

mrspurs
12-04-2008, 12:16 PM
I have been a spurs fan my entire life and i have to say i have experienced the good and the bad with the team, through all the up's and downs. But not since the days when Mario Elie called the spurs out! Have i seen them so soft and the so-called captin acked like a girl when rasheed wallace got physical.

Its time Spurs get thier fire and flare back and show some passion!!! And not just for the next game.:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

Whos been our fire? Manu easily. What did Manu do after he was told not to play hurt after last season ended. He did opposite of what he was told to do. And theres your fire. Now will that fire ever come back? Still to early to say. But will that fire ever be the same, imo no. Manu screwed up like many players do. They dont listen to their elders and life changes. Its that simple.

mrspurs
12-04-2008, 12:21 PM

Timmys been quitting on this team for sometime now. Ive never blamed him, how could ya? Look at the help his FO has given him. And look at the help other teams that want to beat Timmys behind have given them. All you have todo is look at Timmys face and it shows. Timmy isnt gonna hustle for that loose ball like we see Shaq do.(that should wake up the i hate mrspurs). And by now yall should know I could care less. But the truth is there. Some see it and say it. Other see it and say other things. Most just look away. The rest are just suckers.

mrspurs
12-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Although i agree this team needs time to gel and know each other tendencies on the court in order to win games, theres no excuse for a lack of fire and passion on the court when youre losing at home OR on the road.

People are paying good money to watch you play and fans will not get mad if you lose but well be greatly dissapointed in the team when they play with half effort. This past Tuesday i saw my spurs play with no desire and no fire. Sad day.

This is not said towards you, your always a respectable poster imo. But thats what I call suckers. People who pay alot of money to watch any team just go out and get whipped. And a team with alot of talent. It all starts at the top. Pop wants to blame his players or player. When alot of times its just Pop.

xtremesteven33
12-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Dont get me wrong, Timmy has an unheard passion for what he does but if your teammates cant hear of see that passion then its not being communicated the right way. Tim gets fustrated to early and it seems to effect the whole team.

But who am i to correct Tim Duncan, the mans a God.

mrspurs
12-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Dont get me wrong, Timmy has an unheard passion for what he does but if your teammates cant hear of see that passion then its not being communicated the right way. Tim gets fustrated to early and it seems to effect the whole team.

But who am i to correct Tim Duncan, the mans a God.

:lol I think you mean used to be. And I believe can be if he had some real help. I could go all day about Fab and Kurt. And Ill always be right. They both suck.

Anti.Hero
12-04-2008, 03:25 PM
:tu DECEMBER THREAD

9th place in the league thread.

Good to see pop still dicking around. Not like we need some wins before the next guy gets injured or anything.

ehz33satx
12-04-2008, 04:20 PM
:lol I think you mean used to be. And I believe can be if he had some real help. I could go all day about Fab and Kurt. And Ill always be right. They both suck.

17 games into the season and Fabricio has scored maybe 9 to 11 points total? He needs to pick it up!

mexicanjunior
12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Pop is still messing with lineups, etc. This is a tuneup stage. what is there to be worried about?

Losing enough games during the "tuneup stage" to not make the playoffs come April?

urunobili
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Losing enough games during the "tuneup stage" to not make the playoffs come April?

:cliffjumper

spursfan09
12-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I just think the Spurs see the long ass season in the big picture. Spurs want to be playing thier best next year during the spring time and hopefully all the way to mid summer. It has to be hard to gear up for a reg season game in December when you know you will have to exert yourself and energy even more later on. I also think this is why fans were so into these games when it was G hill and Mason leading the way, because they were playing with such passion that we are not used to seeing this early of the year. The reg Spurs, Tim tony etc, have been to the top and probably only care about that feeling.

nkdlunch
12-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Pop knows like I do that this year, getting into the playoffs in the West won't be such a big deal. You could easily get into the playoffs without winning 50+ games.

He knows this. he also remembers last year we had a tired hurt team coming into the playoffs. he will not make that mistake again.

his #1 priority now is have rested healthy big 3. then make it to teh playoffs (which is pretty much a given for this team at #7 or #8 seed)

then, we will see the real spurs.

SpursDynasty
12-04-2008, 06:26 PM
The Spurs are fine. They're just not making their shots.

xtremesteven33
12-04-2008, 06:41 PM
i expect to see fire and determination tonight.

BOOK IT

Spur-Addict
12-04-2008, 07:14 PM

I agree about the heart part, it not taking any games to have it, but not about Tim disappearing.

relax. it's early december. this will happen, especially to old experienced teams. they can't play 100% fire in early december. come on

They can't play hard, or go hard for one quarter? Come on man, that's lame. No excuses here.

BOOK IT

I'm with that, I have to agree with you.

superbigtime
12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
This is not said towards you, your always a respectable poster imo. But thats what I call suckers. People who pay alot of money to watch any team just go out and get whipped. And a team with alot of talent. It all starts at the top. Pop wants to blame his players or player. When alot of times its just Pop.

Amen.

superbigtime
12-04-2008, 07:17 PM

BOOK IT

What you're going to see is Manu playing with fire, Tim with 18 points and 7 boards, Tony with 22 points, and Pop mucking with the lineup more than we ever thought possible. There's going to be an even lower low after tonight's game. I hope I'm wrong.

Obstructed_View
12-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I hate when they don't play hard. I especially hate when they don't play hard in the fourth quarter, which has been very unlike them this season. I like that they've done a good job at addressing weaknesses, and I expect them to do that tonight.

duncan228
12-04-2008, 07:53 PM
I hate when they don't play hard.

Me too. I can take losses as long as they bring it, and leave it, all on the court.