PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Rogers paralyzed in ATV accident.

T Park
12-04-2008, 11:54 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3744237

tonylongoriafan
12-04-2008, 12:04 PM
that sucks...i just heard the update on fsr

i want an atv...but wtf?

FromWayDowntown
12-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Just a terrible, terrible story.

SenorSpur
12-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Reading the article on ESPN.com gives an idea as to what a fine person Rogers is. Here's a guy, despite being financially set for life, worked for the City of Durham, in a "worker-bee" capacity because he enjoyed it.

Terrible news. Here's hoping he eventualy regains mobility through rehab.

Good luck to him. Thanks for posting.

balli
12-04-2008, 02:07 PM
That sucks. I always liked Rodney Rogers.

As an aside- ATV's fucking suck. Why on earth Rodney was riding around on some noisy, dirty, white-trash, death-mobile is beyond me.

InRareForm
12-04-2008, 02:12 PM
ATV's are just stupid.

BUMP
12-04-2008, 02:14 PM
puts life in perspectove

i love ATVing but those things can flip on you anytime. i went with three of my friends this summer and we were all going way too fast. i flipped my vehicle ironically when i was being slow and careful.

terrible story

MrChug
12-04-2008, 02:56 PM
I just didn't even want to read the story. The title said enough.

Love that guy. Sean Elliott called him "The Nightmare" because he said he was impossible to guard. Too strong for the average 3 in the post, too fast for a big, would step out and snap a 3 right in your face.

God's best wishes to him.

sonic21
12-04-2008, 02:58 PM
wow that sucks, terrible story

tonylongoriafan
12-04-2008, 03:01 PM
puts life in perspectove

i love ATVing but those things can flip on you anytime. i went with three of my friends this summer and we were all going way too fast. i flipped my vehicle ironically when i was being slow and careful.

terrible story

so your telling me not to get an atv...i've been looking at one to get around so acreage...i guess a "gator" type vehicle is safer?

Darrin
12-04-2008, 03:03 PM
How fragile we are. Our Prayers to Rodney Rogers and his family. 37 is such a young age for this type of accident.

balli
12-04-2008, 03:13 PM
so your telling me not to get an atv...i've been looking at one to get around so acreage...i guess a "gator" type vehicle is safer?

My family has a cabin up in the woods that they own with two others. The other families keep a fleet of 4 ATV's up there and in the past decade they've had three serious accidents, one near fatal. So personally, I think they're absolute deathtraps. If you're truly using ATV's as work vehicles, they become less dangerous, but there's way too much of a temptation, for me anyways, to just rally the living shit out them. I think the Gators are badass, you get a truck bed in the back, some shiny ass John Deere paint. Beats ATV's as a work vehicle by a mile.

Phonzie20
12-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Just sad.

I took the same injury that Christopher Reeves took 8 years ago in my accident. I broke my neck and back. Didn't hurt the spinal cord somehow. It reminds me how lucky I was.

This is just sad. Prayers for Rodney.

balli
12-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Reading the article on ESPN.com gives an idea as to what a fine person Rogers is. Here's a guy, despite being financially set for life, worked for the City of Durham, in a "worker-bee" capacity because he enjoyed it.

Yeah, when he played, in spite of his talent, he always struck me as a real humble, no-nonsense, lunch pail and hard-hat kind of a guy. Doesn't surprise me at all to read this about him. Makes this story all the more saddening.

BUMP
12-04-2008, 04:44 PM

idk dude...

honestly, ive never had as much fun on a vehicle than an ATV. luckily i was going slow enough to where my injuries were just a couple of scratches and a bruised chin. (YOU HAVE TO WEAR A HELMET!)

but like ballijuana said, there are some pretty gruesome stories. i know of a girl who went face first into a pole and was in a coma for weeks, and is still recovering from amnesia a year later. if you are going fast and flip it there is no telling what could happen

romad_20
12-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Just a terrible story. ATV's in the last couple of years almost killed Ozzy and did indirectly kill LeRoi Moore. I don't understand why you'd risk it when you secure in your life.

I used to tear ass on 3-wheelers as a kid. What the hell was my parents and I thinking?