PDA

View Full Version : Diego Sanchez moving to 155

dallaskd
12-04-2008, 09:35 PM
The Ultimate Fighter season 1 winner, Diego Sanchez, is healthy again and looking for a fight, but despite previous reports, it has not been decided whether it will be at 170 or 155 pounds.

Sanchez posted recently on his MySpace page saying, " I'm training hard and will be dropping down to fight at 155."

When reached for comment by MMAWeekly.com, Sanchez' manager Jeff Clark from NCFC Fight Management, confirmed that his fighter is healthy and recovered from a rib injury that kept him out of his last fight. But while he has made it no secret he has a desire to move to 155 pounds, the UFC has not offered him a fight currently and he would be open to a match-up at either lightweight or welterweight.

The New Mexico native last competed in June when he defeated American Top Team fighter, Luigi Fioravanti, by TKO in the third round of their fight at The Ultimate Fighter 7 finale show.

Sanchez was slated to face top welterweight contender Thiago Alves at UFC 90 in October, but the aforementioned injury forced him off the card at the last minute.

Now healthy and training again, Sanchez is ready to get back in the Octagon and compete, but according to Clark there has been no set timeline from the UFC for his next bout.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7717&zoneid=13

dallaskd
12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
I say great move by him. Huge threat if he can do it cleanly.

dbreiden83080
12-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Interesting, perhaps seeing Alves blasting Koscheck on the feet, at his size and knowing GSP is at the top of the list at 170, made him re-think a long career there..

desflood
12-04-2008, 09:40 PM
So he thinks he's got a better shot with Penn than St. Pierre?

:lmao

dbreiden83080
12-04-2008, 09:42 PM
So he thinks he's got a better shot with Penn than St. Pierre?

:lmao

GSP is better than BJ, as he will prove in Jan so maybe YES..

Plus Alves cuts from like 200 pds

dallaskd
12-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Man I would LOVE to see Florian get a rematch with Sanchez. Diego killed him last time, things have changed so much since then and that was at 185. Make it happen after Florian-Penn regardless.

desflood
12-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Man I would LOVE to see Florian get a rematch with Sanchez. Diego killed him last time, things have changed so much since then and that was at 185. Make it happen after Florian-Penn regardless.
That's what I told my husband when we heard - that's a rematch that'll definitely happen. And Ken takes it easily this time.

dbreiden83080
12-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Ken-Flo is fuckin hungry right now man. He served Penn some notice in that Joe Daddy fight, that he is coming for that 155 belt. Gotta favor BJ in that fight but Kenny will be no easy task to beat at this point..

dallaskd
12-04-2008, 09:47 PM
I still would think Sherk is extremely tough for Kenny still. If Sherk tackles him, I can't see him getting off his ass.

dbreiden83080
12-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I still would think Sherk is extremely tough for Kenny still. If Sherk tackles him, I can't see him getting off his ass.

Kenny's JJ would need to be there and his stand-up is much better. I am still wondering what was going through Sherks mind in the Penn fight? We all know BJ is great, but Sherk standing and trading with Penn for all 3rds, who the hell told him, that was a good idea?? 2 takedown attempts in 15 min, 2??? :wow

polandprzem
12-05-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm still mad that Sherk thought the fight was over when Penn showed it was over when the horn ended the round.

Sherk did not knew what was going on so the ref ( I think Yamasaki) stopped the fight.

:cuss:

ATRAIN
12-05-2008, 01:02 PM
The Nightmare would dominate that div

dbreiden83080
12-05-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm still mad that Sherk thought the fight was over when Penn showed it was over when the horn ended the round.

Sherk did not knew what was going on so the ref ( I think Yamasaki) stopped the fight.

:cuss:

Sherk just fought a dumb-ass fight, that night all the way around. When a guy has more tools than you, a great gameplan you better have. And his Game-plan sucked..

desflood
12-05-2008, 03:09 PM
The Nightmare would dominate that div
I don't think he'll get past the gatekeeper (which is officially Sherk's job now). No way he can beat Penn, even on BJ's worst day. I think Florian can take him now.

Bet we see him against Clay Guida first.

ATRAIN
12-05-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't think he'll get past the gatekeeper (which is officially Sherk's job now). No way he can beat Penn, even on BJ's worst day. I think Florian can take him now.

I happen to think he would tear past everyone with BJ being the exception. I think Diego has gotten past his slump.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2008, 03:34 PM

Sherk didn't look great in his last fight and he's getting older. I wonder if Diego needs to drain himself to get down that light though?? HE won TUF at 185..