PDA

View Full Version : No More Bratz - Nice.

desflood
12-04-2008, 09:50 PM
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – A federal judge in California on Wednesday ordered MGA Entertainment Inc to stop selling its popular Bratz dolls and banned it from using the Bratz name, finding that "hundreds" of Bratz products infringe on copyrights owned by rival toymaker Mattel Inc (MAT.N).

U.S. District Judge Stephen Larson also ordered MGA to recall all Bratz dolls from retailers and to destroy "specialized plates, molds and matrices" used to make the dolls, according to a permanent injunction issued late on Wednesday, but stayed until at least early next year.

The ruling appears to allow MGA and retailers to sell the Bratz dolls through the Christmas holiday season.

Larson rejected the idea of allowing MGA to continue to make the pouty lipped, urban chic dolls that made its name and fortunes while paying Mattel a royalty. Larson set a February 11 hearing on post-trial motions.

"Mattel has established its exclusive rights to the Bratz drawings and the court has found that hundreds of the MGA parties' products -- including all the currently available core female fashion dolls Mattel was able to locate in the marketplace -- infringe those rights," Larson wrote in the ruling.

Mattel won the rights to the $1 billion-plus Bratz franchise earlier this year in a lawsuit against MGA and former Mattel Barbie designer Carter Bryant, who invented the Bratz concept while under contract to Mattel.

A jury later ruled Bryant had secretly sold the concept to MGA.

In a statement, Mattel said it was pleased with the court's ruling.

"Today's ruling underscores what Mattel has said all along - that MGA should not be allowed to profit from its wrongdoing," the statement said.

Slydragon
12-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Good I hate them, my daughter now know not to even ask them from me or anyone because I will not allow them.

Small girl dolls with a shit load of makeup looking like hoes. PASS!!

Drachen
12-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Everyone I meet says the same thing about them. That they are ho bags targeted to little girls. I mean who buys these things anyway (no one anymore)? They need to come out male versions that are called WOMANIZERZ or JERKZ or something so that each gender can have a toy to teach it to aspire to nothing.

mrsmaalox
12-05-2008, 11:03 AM
My daughter was more a "baby doll" type and never did the fashion dolls. But my cousin had to put her foot down with her girl over these dolls; the worst part for her though, was all the relatives gifting them!!

Dr. Gonzo
12-05-2008, 11:08 AM
They are going to change the name of those dolls to Slutz.

Dr. Gonzo
12-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Actually this one is kinda hot.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Bratz-um02.jpg

T Park
12-05-2008, 11:25 AM
They aren't going away, it just means Mattell is gonna sell them instead of this MVG.

Dex
12-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Took long enough. I'm surprised they didn't do it because they turn little girls into skanks.

Either way, one less zit on the skin of society.

Dex
12-05-2008, 11:27 AM
They aren't going away, it just means Mattell is gonna sell them instead of this MVG.

Damn, so somebody else will just be profiting off of corrupting our youth. :(

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Actually this one is kinda hot.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Bratz-um02.jpg

Too each his own I guess. I'm not saying a woman with no nose can't be pretty, but I don't see the appeal of a woman who can't give BJ's because of ventilation issues.

T Park
A federal judge in California on Wednesday ordered MGA Entertainment Inc to stop selling its popular Bratz dolls and banned it from using the Bratz name, finding that "hundreds" of Bratz products infringe on copyrights owned by rival toymaker Mattel Inc

Folks.

They aren't going away, its just stopping one company from making them, thats all.

Mattell will make them and they will sell the crap out of em.

Johnny_Blaze_47
They need to come out male versions that are called WOMANIZERZ or JERKZ or something so that each gender can have a toy to teach it to aspire to nothing.

You mean I wasn't supposed to aspire to this version marketed to my community growing up?

http://www.newamericandimensions.com/images/homiez.jpg

Well, fuck.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-05-2008, 11:32 AM
This just gets better.

http://www.homies.tv/homies2008/homies/lasmiley.jpg

La Smiley is the happiest Homiegirl there is. She was born happy. Ever since she was a little baby, she loved to hug and be hugged. She has the gift of instantly making her people around her feel better. When stuff happens that gets the Homies really down she floods them with positive thoughts. (LIKE A HOMIE GETTING SHOT) She tells them not to dwell on what they have lost, (NAMELY, THE HOMIE THAT GOT SHOT) but what they still have (THE SHOT HOMIE'S KID... HE CAN HOLD A NERF GUN REAL WELL NOW, HE'LL GRADUATE TO A .45 SOON). She tells them not to look at the mistakes of the past (SHOULDN'T HAVE SHOT YOUR HOMIE, MAN) ...but rather to look forward to new doing the right thing in the future. Her family recently lost their home to a foreclosure, and moved to a small apartment (OOH, A LESSON IN SUBPRIME MORTGAGING). But that's okay with La Smiley. She's still smiling, because her family is still together, and healthy...and she still has her Homies (WELL, THE ONES THAT HAVEN'T BEEN SHOT).

http://www.homies.tv/homies2008/

T Park
12-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Ya know Joe, I always wondered why someone never stood up and said those were offensive. Hell I thought they were.

Dr. Gonzo
12-05-2008, 11:34 AM
They aren't offensive because they are pretty accurate. And no one ever complained because our people aren't whiney ass crybabies.

T Park
12-05-2008, 11:35 AM
They aren't offensive because they are pretty accurate. And no one ever complained because our people aren't whiney ass crybabies.

Point taken and very true.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Ya know Joe, I always wondered why someone never stood up and said those were offensive. Hell I thought they were.

It's not that I find them offensive, because I know there's a segment of the community that they appeal to, and maybe, deep down, even in a positive fashion.

Such as "Abuelita"

http://www.homies.tv/homies2008/homies/abuelita.jpg

What is a traditional Homie family without Abuelita. Nobody cooks with more love than Bobby Loco`s Abuelita. Knowing how Loco loves his tortillas, she still rolls them by hand. She also make the best Chile, frijoles, and every other kind of Mexican dish you can name...from "lengua" (cow toungue) to tripas (guts). Abuelita is like a second mother to Loco. She raised him from a lil Vato to the Big Homie he is now. Abuelita loves to see the Homies eat good. Whenever they come over...they don`t dare leave without eating. If they don`t have seconds...she gets insulted. As sweet as she is...she has been known to become violent. She can throw her tortilla roller with extreme accuracy.

Abuelita is a very extreme Catholic and prays daily to La Virgen de Guadalupe. She asks her to relay her prayers to her son Jesucristo. She prays that the Lord keep Loco and the other Homies safe. She prays for an end to the violence in the Barrio. She prays that Satan stays away with his drugs and hatred. She prays that the angels protect her grandson Loco and her other "MiJOS" (Hollywood, Smiley and Pelon) that she has come to treat like her own grandchildren.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/IrishManX/facepalm/facepalm.jpg

CuckingFunt
12-05-2008, 11:50 AM
My youngest sister was into the Bratz dolls for a while. The slut thing was, obviously, troubling, but I also found it really disturbing that you had to take off their feet in order to change their shoes. For a while those dolls were all over my sisters floor, naked and stumpy.

Borosai
12-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Okay, the Homies win. At least encouraging girls to be skanks has a social benefit.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM

While I'd like to think it's because our people are fighting more important issues (sometimes yes, sometimes no), I have to agree it's probably because of the accuracy.

leemajors
12-05-2008, 12:52 PM
mattell has open lawsuits with just about every company that makes a doll.