PDA

View Full Version : When does Stern give us the "Face-raped a fading Suns team at home" trophy?

Findog
12-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Here's my game thoughts:

- Man, Dirk just owns the Suns. They really don't have anybody to guard him.

- Josh who? I'm just gonna copy and paste what every other single Mavs fan has said: "The offense flows much better without Smokey the Ballstopper."

- So is Barea a legitimate NBA player, or is this just simply looking good against the D-League competition we've faced as of late?

- Terry is having a nice rejuvenation year. He hasn't had a run like this since 06. If he keeps this up, we have a nice shot at losing in the first round as a five seed instead of as the eighth.

- The Suns look terrible. Just looking at their body language, they DO NOT like playing for Porter. It's just not working for them, and it's a Catch-22 situation: Porter and Kerry understand they couldn't win a title with D'Antoni's style, but they don't have the personnel to be a defensive-minded team when you have Nash, Shaq and Amare playing such big roles. I wouldn't be shocked if either Porter gets fired or they blow this thing up.

Brickhouse
12-04-2008, 10:47 PM
It's pretty telling when the team thrives without the "second best player"

sribb43
12-04-2008, 10:48 PM
at first JET was too small to play the 2, now we are rolling out 5'10" JJB at that position :lol

lurker
12-04-2008, 10:49 PM
- Terry is having a nice rejuvenation year. He hasn't had a run like this since 06. If he keeps this up, we have a nice shot at losing in the first round as a five seed instead of as the eighth.
A five seed? Dare we aim that high?

hhml
12-04-2008, 10:49 PM
It's all about Barea and the revolution!

Findog
12-04-2008, 10:50 PM
A five seed? Dare we aim that high?

This team has what it takes to barely lose a first-round series to a top four seed.

Brickhouse
12-04-2008, 10:57 PM
realistically...I'm thinking of JHo trades.

I think Clips would do JHo for Kaman

lurker
12-04-2008, 10:59 PM
I'd take a volcano taco and a scratch-off for Josh.

Findog
12-04-2008, 10:59 PM
realistically...I'm thinking of JHo trades.

I think Clips would do JHo for Kaman

We'd need them to take Diop or Damp as well.

They wouldn't do this because it's so one-sided, but man, Kamen/Thornton for Josh/Damp would be sublime.

BUMP
12-04-2008, 11:41 PM
i think this team can actually get out of the 1st round given the right matchup.

if we are handed the Lakers, Nuggets, or Jazz we dont have a shot, but anyone else i think we can take

CubanMustGo
12-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Doesn't Dirk usually light up no-defense teams like the Suns? I thot he's had a lot of success against them in the past.

Berea has had his moments but has not been able to sustain over a long period of time. Maybe with Carlisle he'll have more of a chance.

Jet is looking better this year, dammit.

The Suns don't like having to work. All those years of playing in the fun-n-gun scheme of DuhAntoni and now they're being asked to PLAY DEFENSE ??? Horrors.