monosylab1k
12-05-2008, 12:43 AM
:whine

mavs>spurs2
12-05-2008, 12:44 AM
True. Howard for Kaman please

Findog
12-05-2008, 12:45 AM
To quote one of the posters at db.com, this team would be a lot better off once Josh realizes his game is more T. Prince than D. Wade.

monosylab1k
12-05-2008, 12:46 AM
I just know this team will go on a 3 game losing streak the first game Mr. "Will Chuck Stepback Jumpers 4 Weed" returns.

monosylab1k
12-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Tonight's win was damn impressive tho.

Bob Lanier
12-05-2008, 12:47 AM
To quote one of the posters at db.com, this team would be a lot better off once Josh realizes his game is more T. Prince than D. Wade.
Everything Prince can do, Howard can do better. Except pass and defer, at least.

Findog
Tonight's win was damn impressive tho.

Did you go? Your ass was absent during the game thread.

I don't know if we looked that good, or if an imploding Phoenix team looked that bad.

Findog
Everything Prince can do, Howard can do better. Except pass and defer, at least.

Exactly. At his best, he's a souped-up Prince. But somewhere along the way he got it in his head he should be a #1 option.

monosylab1k
12-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Did you go? Your ass was absent during the game thread.

Actually I've been trying to avoid posting on ST during Mavs games lately, I think it brings bad mojo to the Mavs. Seems like every time I post during the game, the Mavs lost. Last time I did it was the Chicago game this year, so thus far it's worked out okay.

KidCongo
12-05-2008, 12:51 AM
I just know this team will go on a 3 game losing streak the first game Mr. "Will Chuck Stepback Jumpers 4 Weed" returns.

hahaha

mavsfan1000
12-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Howard will only add on to our momentum. He is our second or third best player. Statistics prove it. Looking forward to seeing this lineup.
Dampier
Nowitzki
Howard
Kidd
Barea.

monosylab1k
12-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Howard will only add on to our momentum. He is our second or third best player. Statistics prove it. Looking forward to seeing this lineup.
Dampier
Nowitzki
Howard
Kidd
Barea.

That lineup looks like a shit sandwich.

Howard will work extra hard to get the rebound, bring the ball up the court without even so much as looking in Kidd's direction, make some halfassed attempt at breaking down his man off the dribble, and chuck an embarrassing stepback jumper that clangs off the rim, giving no offensive rebounder a chance to get it.

monosylab1k
12-05-2008, 01:07 AM
This is what WILL happen when Josh gets back.

1. Halfcourt offense once again looks out of sync and retarded, because Josh refuses to set picks or use picks or move without the ball. Dampier won't be nearly as active since he has no use when Josh doesn't wants him to set a pick.

2. Jet will start shooting more poorly since he won't have the ball in his hands as much. Also, Josh standing around taking up space means one less spot for Jet to shoot from.

3. Kidd will go back to being a neutered weakside 3 point shooter since Josh tries to play point forward.

4. Dirk's rebounds will go down and his shot selection will be worse in the fourth quarter, because instead of somebody trying to move around and keep the defense honest, Josh will sit in one spot looking petrified at the thought of contributing anything in the last 20 minutes of the game.

5. Less defensive intensity from the bench since Singleton/Williams/Green/Wright won't get nearly as many minutes. Conversely, as Josh stands around watching guys blow by him for dunks while offering zero help defense, the rest of the starters will stop giving a shit about playing defense too.

Findog
12-05-2008, 01:16 AM
This is what WILL happen when Josh gets back.

1. Halfcourt offense once again looks out of sync and retarded, because Josh refuses to set picks or use picks or move without the ball. Dampier won't be nearly as active since he has no use when Josh doesn't wants him to set a pick.

2. Jet will start shooting more poorly since he won't have the ball in his hands as much. Also, Josh standing around taking up space means one less spot for Jet to shoot from.

3. Kidd will go back to being a neutered weakside 3 point shooter since Josh tries to play point forward.

4. Dirk's rebounds will go down and his shot selection will be worse in the fourth quarter, because instead of somebody trying to move around and keep the defense honest, Josh will sit in one spot looking petrified at the thought of contributing anything in the last 20 minutes of the game.

5. Less defensive intensity from the bench since Singleton/Williams/Green/Wright won't get nearly as many minutes. Conversely, as Josh stands around watching guys blow by him for dunks while offering zero help defense, the rest of the starters will stop giving a shit about playing defense too.

QFT.

2006 Josh would be an excellent addition to this team. 2008 Josh can get retroactively aborted as far as I'm concerned.

nkdlunch
12-05-2008, 01:44 AM

:lmao

Prince > Howard

dirk4mvp
12-05-2008, 01:45 AM

:rollin

Brickhouse
12-05-2008, 02:58 AM
JHo is the definition of an empty stats guy. I look at his 20-8 and can barely remember a game where he took over a la Terry or even our new superstar Barea

Ghazi
12-05-2008, 04:42 AM
The Mavs looked good tonight, but not great.

I still see too many stagnate possessions here and there. Sloppy turnovers, bad looks, forced shots inside of 5 seconds on the shot clock. Efficiency has gotta improve, we are 17th in the league in offense.

And the Suns... well they're just not that good, they've played like the 9th best team in the West thus far.

This team needs Howard's scoring IMO.. Dirk #1, Terry #2, who would be our #3 option? Kidd? Barea? Wright? And I'm pretty sure we're better with less playing time from George, which is a default effect of Howard playing... we'll see with Green/Wright.

I'll let our beloved FO and coaching staff decide whether the Mavs' recent play confirms Howard's expendability.

Ghazi
12-05-2008, 05:00 AM
I'll agree though if some of the good things the Mavs have been doing lately suddenly disappear during the first 3-4 games Josh comes back.

Ghazi
12-05-2008, 05:06 AM
A more significant factor for why the Mavs have been clicking IMO is that Stackhouse is on the inactive list. 8-1 last 9, 9 games w/o Stack.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-05-2008, 06:29 AM
has a hint of Ewing Theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Simmons#Ewing_Theory)

stretch
12-05-2008, 09:10 AM

While I completely disagree with you, at least I'm sure you could agree it would be better than having Dick Breath in there.

DaDakota
12-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Howard huh, trade ya Tmac or Artest for him.

You pick.

;)

DD

mavsfan1000
12-05-2008, 10:40 AM
A more significant factor for why the Mavs have been clicking IMO is that Stackhouse is on the inactive list. 8-1 last 9, 9 games w/o Stack.
I agree 100%. I consider Stackhouse the worst player in the league now. It would even better if we stop playing Bass.

clambake
12-05-2008, 11:01 AM
i don't understand why everybody wants to give up on bass.

sribb43
12-05-2008, 11:23 AM

He is undersized at the PF, he doesnt rebound well, he cant guard PF and when they play him at center he has no chance. If Bass was 2 inches taller he would be a beast. he is a nice player who has several key flaws.

stretch
12-05-2008, 11:25 AM

dont listen to mavsfan1000. hes a stupidass bandwagon fan. he was a fan of the bulls, then he hopped on the mavs when they got good, and pretty soon he will hope on the lebron bandwagon.

Ghazi
12-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Bass is a serviceable backup PF, but only if his shot is falling.

He's not an important part of this team though, so I wouldn't mind seeing him leave in a package if one came along.

Regarding Howard, this team might not be MUCH better w/ him, which indicates how empty his stats are if a 20/8 player missing doesn't hurt, but we're not better without him IMO. Maybe his role should be reduced so all of these hypothetical drawbacks to his playing would not occur, but I'd rather have 25-30 minutes of JHO than 25-30 minutes of George... Then again, if Wright was healthy I imagine George wouldn't play as much.

clambake
12-05-2008, 01:44 PM
bass needs more real time instead of practice. he's still lost most of the time because he needs more time during games. the guy can muscle he way thru the paint. we need that type of guy.

Ghazi
12-05-2008, 01:53 PM
His awareness around the rim pisses me off sometimes. Tryin to dunk on 3 people, etc.

clambake
12-05-2008, 01:56 PM
gotta play him more. same with jj. they need more time at the same time.

JamStone
12-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I wonder if there was ever any talks between Dallas and Charlotte about a J-Howard/G-Wallace trade. I know some people mentioned it here, but I wonder if it's something Charlotte would have really considered.

sribb43
12-05-2008, 03:12 PM
I wonder if there was ever any talks between Dallas and Charlotte about a J-Howard/G-Wallace trade. I know some people mentioned it here, but I wonder if it's something Charlotte would have really considered.

that trade is a lateral move for the mavs and makes no sense

IronMexican
12-05-2008, 03:16 PM

Wallace brings D and is a slasher. I think he is a better player than Howard.

monosylab1k
12-05-2008, 03:42 PM

Wallace is a better one-on-one defender, brings tons of energy, and is a much better slasher. He also has some semblence of a post game.

Howard is a better shooter, slightly better rebounder, and has a higher basketball IQ (which isn't saying much, both of them have incredibly low basketball IQ).

Both are injury prone. Neither are any good at help defense, tho Wallace will at least go for blocks. Give me Wallace. Howard's somewhat superior shooting doesn't offset the qualities that Wallace gives us.

Not even close to a lateral move, IMO.

sribb43
12-05-2008, 03:44 PM
If your gonna trade J-Ho, Wallace is not the guy you trade him for. Adding Wallace is not going to take the Mavs to the next level or make them better than any of the teams ahead of them....thats what i mean by a lateral move

monosylab1k
12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
If your gonna trade J-Ho, Wallace is not the guy you trade him for. Adding Wallace is not going to take the Mavs to the next level or make them better than any of the teams ahead of them....thats what i mean by a lateral move

I like the chances of Wallace fitting into the flow of the team better than J-Ho. We'll see how he behaves when he gets back from injury, but if he's chucking stepback jumpers, trying to control the ball on offense, and stopping all chemistry, I'll take anything for him.

JamStone
12-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I think it would be an upgrade, plus I think it would be something Charlotte would consider. I'm just not sure if they have.

I think part of the reason it would benefit the Mavs is that it would get rid of Josh Howard while replacing him with someone with comparable talent minus the distractions and off the court stupidity. Gerald Wallace has his own flaws as already mentioned. But, I think he'd also be a better fit with Jason Kidd because I think he runs the floor better and finishes in transition better. He also doesn't try to be a blackhole so the offense could still run through Dirk, Terry, and Kidd to an extent as far as decision making and shot distribution. Gerald Wallace could be a great complimentary player. Part of Josh Howard's problem is that he could be a great complimentary player but he thinks he's a great go-to player.

It could be argued that it would be a lateral move based on talent. But, other considerations and factors could easily make it an upgrade.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if there were or possibly could be any legs to a trade like that.

sribb43
12-05-2008, 03:56 PM
There are some fans that want the mavs to trade for Felton and Wallace. I think Felton is garbage and is a shooting PG that cant shoot. His %'s are awful

Findog
12-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Howard is better than Wallace. With all of Josh's bullshit, I'd rather have him that G-Force.

That said, give me Kamen over Josh.

monosylab1k
12-15-2008, 11:06 PM
:whine

monosylab1k
12-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Howard is better than Wallace. With all of Josh's bullshit, I'd rather have him that G-Force.

Is this still the popular opinion of most Mavs fans, or is everyone starting to come around to my way of thinking here?

monosylab1k
12-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Josh lost his grandma and spent the rest of the season moping, smoking pot & talking about it on the radio, and otherwise sucking ass.

Gerald lost his father and dropped 22 points in his first game back 26 in his second, playing defense like a madman and rebounding while shooting an ungodly FG%.

Far be it from me to tell someone how to handle their grief, but I think it's pretty obvous which of these two players has more mental toughness.

Findog
12-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Josh lost his grandma and spent the rest of the season moping, smoking pot & talking about it on the radio, and otherwise sucking ass.

Gerald lost his father and dropped 22 points in his first game back 26 in his second, playing defense like a madman and rebounding while shooting an ungodly FG%.

Far be it from me to tell someone how to handle their grief, but I think it's pretty obvous which of these two players has more mental toughness.

Josh is better than Wallace, but you're probably right that Wallace as a Mav would be better than Josh as a Mav. At this point I just want Josh gone.

MI21
12-22-2008, 11:01 AM
As an opposition fan of a team that Josh has torched in the past, I would be much more worried about the Mavs if they replaced Josh with Gerald Wallace.

Wallace is a great slasher who actually slashes unlike Howard who used to be a great slasher but simply doesn't do it anymore. Wallace is more athletic, more lively, hustles more and has a far better post game. Wallace would be a better smallball PF as well. Wallace is better on D in the man to man and in defensive numbers and is an absolutely incredible transition defender. It's hard to tell what his team defense is like playing for Charlotte who for the past few years have lacked anything resembling team defense. That said, he is a pretty good weakside shotblocker for a swingman.

Howard is a much better midrange shooter and a bit better ball handler. Passing is probably a wash, Josh is probably a more talented passer when he decides to actually pass. It's a shame what he has become, I used to really like his game, but it really has gone down the shitter.

If the Mavs could get Gerald Wallace for him it's an absolute no brainer. Kidd, Terry, Wallace and Dirk would be a nice sight for Mavs fans.

Findog
12-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Josh is better than Wallace when he wants to be. But 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks and 2 turnovers yesterday against the Wiz is no accident. What a lazy fuckbag he is now.

mavs>spurs2
12-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Something tells me Josh has been pouting and tanking it on the cool ever since the trade. We're gonna trade him to some team and he'll actually start playing again and become a perennial all star, it'll be Devin Harris all over again.

Spur-Addict
12-22-2008, 12:40 PM

It's a shame because it seemed he was a mentally strong player prior to, and it has just disappeared. Mental toughness doesn't grow on trees, and as a coach i'm sure you'd love to have players with it, just as much as players love playing with a player who has it.

Something tells me Josh has been pouting and tanking it on the cool ever since the trade. We're gonna trade him to some team and he'll actually start playing again and become a perennial all star, it'll be Devin Harris all over again.

That would be an absolute shame, especially as a fan of the team who currently has him on the roster. The boos would be dripping from the ceiling in his many returns to Dallas if this were to occur.

Findog
12-22-2008, 12:57 PM

I think we'll see something similar to Vince Carter's transformation from Toronto to New Jersey when the Mavs finally move him...and that is something that I do not understand and have a hard time forgiving. Dallas isn't as good now as in recent years, but you could do a lot worse as a player than being drafted into a franchise that annually wins 50+ games and has legitimate title aspirations, instead of being expected to carry a lottery team. I also believe that if Howard played up to his potential, the Mavs would be significantly better, probably not in the Boston/LA/Cleveland class, but in the Utah/New Orleans/Houston tier just below.

What have the Mavericks as a franchise failed to do for him, other than shoving Dirk aside and making him the #1 option? He's not that good. They've coddled and made excuses for him laying down on the job for a good 10 months now. He gets paid millions to care.

DaDakota
12-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Trade J-Ho to New Jersey for Devin Harris....

;)

DD

monosylab1k
12-22-2008, 01:02 PM
What have the Mavericks as a franchise failed to do for him, other than shoving Dirk aside and making him the #1 option?

One thing - hold him accountable for anything. The Mavs front office gives their players a free pass no matter what (at least until they leave for another team, at which point Cuban wastes no time throwing them under the bus). Not being held accountable for your mistakes and knowing that disciplinary action doesn't exist is an even more cushy commodity than a PS3 in your locker.

clambake
12-22-2008, 01:05 PM
how much time and money is left on howards contract?

Findog
12-22-2008, 01:11 PM
One thing - hold him accountable for anything. The Mavs front office gives their players a free pass no matter what (at least until they leave for another team, at which point Cuban wastes no time throwing them under the bus). Not being held accountable for your mistakes and knowing that disciplinary action doesn't exist is an even more cushy commodity than a PS3 in your locker.

I'm with you now on this - at their best, Howard is better than Wallace, but a Wallace that gives a shit and plays hard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lazy J-Ho.

Brickhouse
12-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Am I the only one who thinks JHo at his best is a Tayshaun Prince? That's not really an allstar, especially not in the West.

He's not a smart basketball player, has no court awareness and has not at any time in his career shown to be a clutch guy down the stretch. He can put up big numbers every now and then, but is best suited as a 3rd option guy. Unfortunately somewhere it got into his head that he's an "allstar", which is why he was bitching last year when he didn't get in.

Mavs play better without him but don't count on the monkeys in the FO to realize that.

Findog
12-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Am I the only one who thinks JHo at his best is a Tayshaun Prince? That's not really an allstar, especially not in the West.

At his best I think he's a slightly more talented version of Tayshaun Prince. Their games are very similar...well that is, when Josh is doing what he's supposed to do instead of chucking up jumpers.

monosylab1k
12-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Marc Stein says the Mavs are looking for a scoring threat at SG or C. Hey, we've been screaming for one of those for the better part of a decade now, I guess Donnie finally got the message.

Anyways, don't let Mike Miller waste away in fucking Minnesota, get him and his girl hair in Dallas.

Findog
12-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Marc Stein says the Mavs are looking for a scoring threat at SG or C. Hey, we've been screaming for one of those for the better part of a decade now, I guess Donnie finally got the message.

Anyways, don't let Mike Miller waste away in fucking Minnesota, get him and his girl hair in Dallas.

Josh for G-Force? Sure.

Josh for Miller? Sure.

Josh for Kaman? Sure.

Josh for Tayshaun? Sure.

Just get him the fuck out of here.

Findog
12-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Fuck, I'll take John Salmons for Josh.

jacobdrj
12-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Responding to the title of this thread:

Yes. J-Ho makes the Mavs worse. Him and his low basketball IQ.
He is on par with Iverson and Amare in the low basketball IQ department. It is sad. So much talent.

monosylab1k
12-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Fuck, I'll take John Salmons for Josh.

Actually, Francisco Garcia would be a great pickup if they could get him from Sacramento.

I have a feeling the Mavs are looking at either Miller or Redd. Nothing to base it on, just a hunch. For whatever retarded reason, nobody in the Mavs front office seems too jazzed about Gerald Wallace.

Findog
12-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Actually, Francisco Garcia would be a great pickup if they could get him from Sacramento.

That's what pisses me off about the whole affair. None of these guys are as good as a fully committed, motivated Josh. But they're better than the piece of shit he currently is.

monosylab1k
12-22-2008, 02:53 PM
These trades work on realgm.

Howard/Stack for Redd
Bass/Diop/Wright for G-Force

that puts us at only 11 guys on the roster, so get Shan Foster from Europe, re-sign Reyshawn Terry and Pavel Podkolzine, and lock and load for a M-F'ING CHAMPIONSHIP!

:lobt2:

dirk4mvp
12-22-2008, 02:56 PM
What's KVH doing these days? :hat

Findog
12-22-2008, 02:56 PM

Howard/Stack for Redd

that puts us at only 11 guys on the roster, so get Shan Foster from Europe, re-sign Reyshawn Terry and Pavel Podkolzine, and lock and load for a M-F'ING CHAMPIONSHIP!

I wonder if you could get the Bucks or Bobcats to throw in some warm bodies just to fill out the 15 man roster. If we could pull that off, that would be fucking sweet.

sribb43
12-22-2008, 03:34 PM
I wonder if you could get the Bucks or Bobcats to throw in some warm bodies just to fill out the 15 man roster. If we could pull that off, that would be fucking sweet.

Who Malik Allen and Tyrone Lue....:lol

mavs>spurs2
12-22-2008, 03:51 PM
I think Josh's shitty play over the past year has made some people underestimate how much talent he really has. I mean, he was almost starting to look Scottie Pippenesque in 2006. He was our best defender, awesome rebounder at the 3, great slasher, made hustle plays, and was starting to develop a consistant jumper. It's obvious that fucker is purposely not giving a shit because of playoff disappointments and trading away his best friend, and it pisses me off to no end. You're paid to play a man's game Josh, and sometimes shit happens, grow a pair already and fucking give it your all.

dirk4mvp
12-23-2008, 08:51 PM
1-7 in the first 5 minutes against the Grizz. Got his shit beat off the backboard by a 6' Kyle Lowry. Mavs have scored 8 points so far :lol

Ghazi
12-24-2008, 01:44 AM

Howard/Stack for Redd

Hhmm, that'd be sick

but pipedreamish

monosylab1k
12-26-2008, 01:22 AM
Dirk pisses off Delaney and gets t'd up.
Carlisle then pisses off Delaney and gets t'd up.

So it's probably a good move for anybody else on the Mavericks to be a little more prudent in their interactions with Delaney at this point. Right?

Well Josh Howard, in his infinite wisdom, decides that a better idea would be to piss off Delaney even further and get himself kicked out of the game. I actually didn't know whether I should have been mad at Josh for doing it, or happy that he wouldn't be in there to fuck things up any further.

Turns out Josh being the idiot that he is was a huge blessing in disguise this game.

Brickhouse
12-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Dumbass was just getting himself out of the game so more people wouldn't notice his disappearing act, which would be even more noticeable since Dirk was in foul trouble and the load was on him.

monosylab1k
03-12-2009, 02:03 PM
bump

IronMexican
03-12-2009, 02:12 PM
What's KVH doing these days? :hat

Spurs still regret drafting that Tim Duncan guy for KVH.

sribb43
03-12-2009, 02:26 PM
The Mavs are better without the "New" J-Ho....if Mavs had the old "J-Ho" (pre '07-'08)this team would be up there with the Spurs

Ghazi
03-12-2009, 02:32 PM
yeah we're much better with a 5'9 shooting guard.

Holmes_Fans
03-12-2009, 03:20 PM
If Howard has been playing in either of these pas two games we likely blow the lead. No more having a player go 0-10 in the second half.

sribb43
03-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Just play J-Ho in the first quarter then bench him the rest of the game...simple as that

monosylab1k
03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
yeah we're much better with a 5'9 shooting guard.

Tell me the last time this team not only won both games in a back to back, but won it when both games were on the road against WC playoff contenders. It's no surprise to me that Josh Howard isn't in the lineup for two straight quality wins on the road.

I'm thinking more and more that Cuban's rant last week was directed at Josh Howard more than anybody else. As garbage as Dick Breath & Antoine Wright are, they at least put forth max effort, something Josh hasn't done in 2 years now.

Ghazi
03-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Well yeah the statistics say the boys in blue are better without J-ho, but probably still a 1 and done team unless they can catch some fire and crack into the top 4.

really a 3rd seed is still achievable, it would just require protecting the home court, winning some games you're not supposed to, and winning the games you are supposed to.

but it'll require some consistency from the guys in blue which we haven't seen.

but yeah... as far as the playoffs go, wouldn't get too excited about JJ fucking Barea and Antoine Wright as the starting 2's and 3's.

I wouldn't mind some unearthing of Green and carroll *gasp*, but it seems too late in the season for them to be significant parts of the rotation.

If beloved george's injury was serious last night it may open up some Green minutes.

sribb43
03-12-2009, 03:45 PM
After Cubes called out the team, J-Ho played great against the Spurs only to disappear with another injury when the team is about to play the most important stretch of the season

sribb43
03-12-2009, 03:46 PM
If beloved george's injury was serious last night it may open up some Green minutes.

It will probably mean more minutes for Matt Carroll, knowing Carlisle

Ghazi
03-12-2009, 03:47 PM
all he did v the spurs was have a hot shooting night. 12 of his points came from behind the arc. but they were valuable to us.

Ghazi
03-12-2009, 03:48 PM
It will probably mean more minutes for Matt Carroll, knowing Carlisle

i wouldnt mind carroll if he could find his 3-PT shot but his stats are balls this year. a shooter off the bench doesn't hurt. hes actually a smart defender but his athleticism makes him a subpar defender.

he was decent against boston.

sribb43
03-12-2009, 03:48 PM
all he did v the spurs was have a hot shooting night. 12 of his points came from behind the arc.

so your going to discredit the guy when he actually plays well:bang

Brickhouse
03-12-2009, 09:20 PM
the last two games as well as all those games earlier this season just show that the current JHo is very expendable.

JHo+ Stack's expiring might have gotten the Mavs an impact player this season.

Ghazi
03-12-2009, 09:26 PM
THey can get an impact player for next year.

Ghazi
03-12-2009, 09:27 PM
They will get an impact player for next year, GONNA LOOT SOME SHIT CONTRACTS THIS OFFSEASON BABY!

sribb43
03-12-2009, 10:16 PM
They will get an impact player for next year, GONNA LOOT SOME SHIT CONTRACTS THIS OFFSEASON BABY!

if they don't then fuckin' Donnie couldnt GM a YMCA team

Ghazi
04-05-2009, 05:15 PM
I disagree!

DeadlyDynasty
04-05-2009, 05:20 PM
I disagree!

one good game against a D-league defense doesn't undo seasons of bad play and mental retardation

mavs>spurs2
The Blunt can still play when he wants to

monosylab1k
when he wants to

too bad he hardly ever wants to.

monosylab1k
04-05-2009, 05:21 PM
one good game against a D-league defense doesn't undo seasons of bad play and mental retardation

:tu

Ghazi
04-05-2009, 05:22 PM
He's played well since the all star break when he's playing.

monosylab1k
04-05-2009, 05:24 PM
The double-edged sword is this - If Josh plays well the rest of the season and in the playoffs, his trade value goes up. The downside being that if he plays well the rest of the season and in the playoffs, Cuban might be stupid enough to keep him.

Ghazi
04-26-2009, 12:25 AM
I disagree :)

monosylab1k
04-26-2009, 12:46 AM
I disagree :)

That's why you're a moron. For all the good things Josh does, he makes all kinds of negative impact plays. I can't even count how many poor decisions he made in game 4. Great that he bailed himself out by getting to the line, but he's never going to do that consistently.

You never know what you're going to get out of Josh. I'd rather sacrifice some upside and trade him away for a more proven, consistent performer.

Mavs will never be contenders if they rely on a guy like Josh.

Rogue
04-26-2009, 01:03 AM
That's why you're a moron. For all the good things Josh does, he makes all kinds of negative impact plays. I can't even count how many poor decisions he made in game 4. Great that he bailed himself out by getting to the line, but he's never going to do that consistently.

You never know what you're going to get out of Josh. I'd rather sacrifice some upside and trade him away for a more proven, consistent performer.

Mavs will never be contenders if they rely on a guy like Josh.
our team would be better if Josh's salary was paid to a guy like Dampier? Even though Josh Howard is not as efficacious as the old one in our memories, he still is the 3rd scorer on our team. Even Jet sucked at shooting tonight, I mean no one is perfect. We have to live with those not-so-perfect players like Wright as long as we're not living in paradise.

stretch
04-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Josh had a few bonehead turnovers in game 4, but for the most part, he played well, and showed the Mavericks that they did miss him through the season. having him may have gotten the Mavs a few more wins an a higher seed, possibly even winning the division as they were only 4 games behind.