PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen..

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2008, 01:11 AM
can he finally get some respect from all these doubters? even from his own fanbase, a lot of people on this board have been shitting on the guy and doubting his effectiveness..

he has clearly proven his worth since he struggled in the 1st few games..he's been absolutely great lately..

Anthony is one of the best scorers in the NBA, and Bowen has completely taken him out of his game..he's caused a number of turnovers, drew a few offensive fouls, and more importantly, he still plays the best mind games in the NBA..

lefty
12-05-2008, 01:12 AM
You beat me to it.

Bowen just annihiled Anthony

Tremendous job :tu

ClingingMars
12-05-2008, 01:13 AM
he's proven his worth today. just need to see this kinda performance consistently.

-Mars

Kori Ellis
12-05-2008, 01:17 AM
he's proven his worth today. just need to see this kinda performance consistently.

-Mars

He's been pretty consistent lately (despite his inconsistent playing time).

If they move him back in the starting lineup in place of Finley, I'm sure he'll back to his regular self for the most part.

People sometimes forget that even if Bowen "lost a step" (or a 1/2 step or whatever), he's still a better defender than almost anyone else.

nkdlunch
12-05-2008, 01:19 AM
I was about to start a thread.

Mr. Bruce Bowen, we salute you

vintage Bowen performance tonight

homer
12-05-2008, 01:23 AM
:tu
I was about to start a thread.

Mr. Bruce Bowen, we salute you

vintage Bowen performance tonight
:tu
:hat

timvp
12-05-2008, 01:29 AM
He's been pretty damn good since his benching wakeup call. Although tonight he was vintage.

SequSpur
12-05-2008, 01:30 AM
yawn.... come on....

td4mvp21
12-05-2008, 01:31 AM
I wish Pop would start him again. I remember the good 'ole days when Bruce would have 42 minutes played and 3 points, but the star player on the opposing team was a no-show :smokin

AFBlue
12-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Bowen needs to start and play the best opposing perimeter player...period.

Now he doesn't need to get all the minutes that he got in the past, but he could've set the tone on Anthony early. And instead of it being a 30-26 game at the end of the first, maybe it would've been 30-20.

I have a feeling that's where Pop will be when all is said and done...but it's early in the season and he's still experimenting with the lineup. In the end, Pop knows what to do.

exstatic
12-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Melo had four offensive fouls tonight. WTG, Bruce.

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2008, 01:59 AM
we definitely can't keep Finley in the starting lineup though..we're risking giving the other team's perimeter players a head-start to get in a nice rhythm, like Anthony got in today..he made his 1st shot or 2 over Bruce IIRC, but Bruce dominated the matchup as the game went on..

barbacoataco
12-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Bowen is the man. During his career how many great offensive players has he shut down?

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Starting Finley when you start the big 3 is not a very good idea. I'm sure Pop's just trying stuff and eventually Bowen will be back as a starter. I also expect to see Mason start if he keeps having trouble to find his role coming off the bench.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-05-2008, 03:04 AM
you guys cant seriously tell me you bought all those offensive fouls? :lol#

PuttPutt
12-05-2008, 03:07 AM

Not all but most.

Rogue
12-05-2008, 03:17 AM
I've never doubted Bowen's defensive talents. Bowen is my favourite roster because he's proven what the adidas means by "nothing is impossible".
Bowen is quite different from other good defenders like Ron and battier. Ron and battier were drafted in lottery district but Bruce was not drafted at all. Bowen doesn't have a strong body as ron artest, or quick moves like battier, but neither battier nor artest is Ray Allen's nightmare. Bowen is the nightmare to all the scorers around the league. You should always keep your eye open when you're in the sky, because bowen's foot is right under yours. When bowen is flying to you, don't believe that he's gonna block you. He has no interest in your ball, but your eyes. do not ever think it easy to grab a bound over bowen's head, bowen's short is size but his elbow is gonna let you loss the ball with hitting your breast.
Some people say that he's a little bit dirty, because he doesn't take a bath before the games. :lmao

Man Mountain
12-05-2008, 03:23 AM
how long can bowen play? off the bench he'll be worth having for howl long/????????

Manufan909
12-05-2008, 03:25 AM
I've never doubted Bowen's defensive talents. Bowen is my favourite roster because he's proven what the adidas means by "nothing is impossible".
Bowen is quite different from other good defenders like Ron and battier. Ron and battier were drafted in lottery district but Bruce was not drafted at all. Bowen doesn't have a strong body as ron artest, or quick moves like battier, but neither battier nor artest is Ray Allen's nightmare. Bowen is the nightmare to all the scorers around the league. You should always keep your eye open when you're in the sky, because bowen's foot is right under yours. When bowen is flying to you, don't believe that he's gonna block you. He has no interest in your ball, but your eyes. do not ever think it easy to grab a bound over bowen's head, bowen's short is size but his elbow is gonna let you loss the ball with hitting your breast.
Some people say that he's a little bit dirty, because he doesn't take a bath before the games. :lmao

+1

Couldn't be put better by anyone, even mrs purs.:lol

Blackjack
12-05-2008, 03:38 AM

For the most part they were.

It boggles the mind how Anthony can have so many physical advantages, yet allow Bowen to get in his head with such success.

It almost seems as if the mere sight of Bowen is enough to get Anthony off his game. Instead of just punishing him in the block or just shooting his shots in rythm, he's always looking to draw/initiate contact in hopes of getting Bowen in foul trouble and off the court.

Bowen is out there to be an irritant, and that's exactly what he does. There's not a defender in this league capable of shutting down Carmelo one-on-one physically. If he's ever able to grasp that fact, and not get caught-up in the mental jiu-jitsu Bowen is famous for, Nugget fans would finally see the player they always hoped he would be.

Until then, (while physically more talented and gifted) he's nothing more than G.Robinson.

T Park
12-05-2008, 03:39 AM

Just like I didn't buy some of the offensive foul calls they called against the Spurs.

Get over it.

m33p0
12-05-2008, 04:05 AM
no mention of the bowen block?

ShoogarBear
12-05-2008, 05:49 AM
Carmelo is a player Bowen historically doesn't have a ton of success against. Because of his ability to hit outside, slash, and play a physical post-up game, even vintage Bruce tended to strugle against him. Even if Melo's elbow is still bothering him, it was good to see Bruce take him out of his game.

Manufan909
12-05-2008, 06:04 AM
For the most part they were.

It boggles the mind how Anthony can have so many physical advantages, yet allow Bowen to get in his head with such success.

It almost seems as if the mere sight of Bowen is enough to get Anthony off his game. Instead of just punishing him in the block or just shooting his shots in rythm, he's always looking to draw/initiate contact in hopes of getting Bowen in foul trouble and off the court.

Bowen is out there to be an irritant, and that's exactly what he does. There's not a defender in this league capable of shutting down Carmelo one-on-one physically. If he's ever able to grasp that fact, and not get caught-up in the mental jiu-jitsu Bowen is famous for, Nugget fans would finally see the player they always hoped he would be.

Until then, (while physically more talented and gifted) he's nothing more than G.Robinson.

But the game will never be only physical. There will always be a mental aspect, as well as a fundamental one. And that is why Bowen is so valuable, he has the highest IQ out there when it comes to causing opponents to lose their cool. And it helps when he Jet Li's people in the face every once in a while.:lol

urunobili
12-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Bowen will play 2, 3 more seasons with us... book it...

Spurs Brazil
12-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Bruce is doing good since the first 2 weeks of the season

I think start him in place of Finley would be good

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Bowen needs to be back in the starting lineup. That move makes both the starters and the bench better.

sam1617
12-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Now that Bruce has a safe spot in the rotation, I think he kinda falls into the same mentality as Timmy does, that they can just turn it on when it matters. With Tim its his offense that he kinda coasts with, with Bruce its his D. Bruce almost always gets up for a real challenge, like Anthony, or Bryant, but not always for the young kids.

silk
12-05-2008, 06:07 PM
I think bruce bowen gets the robert horry treatment

he will get off the bench in order to be fresh for the play-off

tav1
12-05-2008, 07:04 PM

It's not about whether fans buy them, it's whether the refs do.

Obstructed_View
12-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Bowen was great, but it doesn't make him any less terrible to start the season. I'm just glad to see that his early lack of effectiveness isn't due to age.