PDA

View Full Version : Concert Review: Chode Edition, Gwar Dec. 4

Cant_Be_Faded
12-05-2008, 02:17 AM
*********SPOILERS***********

Just got home from seeing Gwar again. Jesus h christ I love this band.

Call Gwar what you will, I'm sure there are countless heavier bands, but one thing I can say about their shows with confidence is that you will never EVER EVER be at a show that is more packed like sardines and claustrophobic.

After the second song, just as before, you can tell everyone up front started freaking out from being constantly smashed from all sides, getting crowd surfers crash onto their necks every 8 seconds (for the entire show), fluids gushing everywhere into their faces, and getting your ears anally violated by Battlelust.

Sleazy P Martini was back, and he did this "Sleazy For President" Bit before the concert that was funny, and the theme for the show was Intergalactic Championship Wrestling. Basically, Oderus and Bonesnapper had title belts, squabbed, then were challenged to a tag team match by a Martini sponsored tag team of Barack and Hillary. After Hillarack was mutilated, they were challenged by none other than Techno Destructo. They played the sickest version of the Techno Destructo song they've ever played. Both Techno and his tag partner (some clown) sang verses, as well as Beefcake (Dallas native, Rigor Mortis bassist Casey Orr reprised his role as Beefcake) whose high pitched, shitty vocals are still the same level of shittiness they were back in 2001.

They played entirely different side songs from last year's tour, but kept the meat of the set (Battlelust, Go To Hell, Bring Back The Bomb, etc), and gave us two or three improv instrumentals while some of the matches were underway.

The songs that made me convulse with madness were "Rock N Roll Never Felt So Good" "The Reaganator" (complete with 20 foot tall robotic Reaganator), THE SALAMANIZER (never heard it before tonight), and since Sleazy was back, you know they could not do a show without playing Slaugherama. Nothing like seeing a Hippy, Art Fag, and a Skinhead getting murdered in succession.

So that's pretty much it. It's a very funny, fun, and entertaining show this year, as usual, and I highly recommend you catch them. Tickets are like 20 bucks.

A+

9.99 outta 10

Slydragon
12-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Major spoiler below also,

http://www.matt-d.com/ghetto/spoiler.jpeg

Glad you enjoyed it, I have never really listen to there music tho.

CuckingFunt
12-05-2008, 03:08 AM
My sister would be jealous. She's never had a chance to see them live.

timvp
12-05-2008, 03:16 AM
gwrofl

romad_20
12-05-2008, 08:49 AM
GWAR!!!!!

How do you hide money from a hippie?

Put it under the soap!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
12-05-2008, 11:05 PM
GWAR!!!!!

How do you hide money from a hippie?

Put it under the soap!!!

:rollin

I'd post pictures of me post-concert, but mouse would just end up photoshopping a dick in my eye or something

gwrofl? lolol, good bit. I'm gonna use that one.

It was hard to get pumped up for this concert because on the way to the show I had no CD's and was trying to get amped up to the radio. They were playing Metallica's new single Unforgiven IV, or whatever gay ass shit that song is called.

But once they went on, I was in full maniac mode. Pure insanity.

When I reached the car after the show I was on the verge of tears when I realized I had made two fatal mistakes one should never make when going to a Gwar concert....I forgot to bring my contact case and glasses so I could take my blood soaked contacts out...and I forgot a god damn towel....My 2009 Camry XLE almost got totally ruined, luckily I was able to sit on my hoodie and crouch forward the entire drive home.

mookie2001
12-06-2008, 11:36 AM
remember saved by the bell college years when zack got all hardcore and slater told him "hey preppie get your GWAR cds off my bed"

mookie2001
12-06-2008, 11:39 AM
When I reached the car after the show I was on the verge of tears when I realized I had made two fatal mistakes one should never make when going to a Gwar concert....I forgot to bring my contact case and glasses so I could take my blood soaked contacts out...and I forgot a god damn towel....My 2009 Camry XLE almost got totally ruined
serial dah

Cant_Be_Faded
12-06-2008, 02:06 PM
remember saved by the bell college years when zack got all hardcore and slater told him "hey preppie get your GWAR cds off my bed"

No way did that really happen? I don't recall that at all.

The Reckoning
12-06-2008, 02:55 PM
lol @ CBF always going to concerts by himself

Anti.Hero
12-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Freak.

tlongII
12-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a band that would play at a combination comic book/video gamers convention.

jman3000
12-06-2008, 06:47 PM
for some reason GWAR never copyrighted their name and my friend bought the copyright a couple of weeks ago for like 180 bucks. so for about 4 days he owned the copyright to GWAR, but traded it for a bunch of free tickets to the SA gig they did.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-06-2008, 07:01 PM
lol
I think the last time they played in SA was back in 06 when I saw them after thanksgiving. That little place was wayyy too fucking small and they had to open these huge garage doors on both sides of the building so everyone could fit.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-08-2008, 10:09 PM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=47826285
Cheek out this bad ass clip this chick took... The Reaganator is on stage..

LaMarcus Bryant
12-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Everyone should see them at least once.