PDA

View Full Version : Duncans minutes -injury.

Fabbs
12-05-2008, 03:26 AM
Up 20 in the mid 4th qtr vs Denver, do we need Duncan to remain in the game till the final buzzer? Lead the team in minutes? For that matter Parker, coming off an injury being right behind in 2nd, what with Hill playing as well as he has? I guess Jaque Vaughn can get minutes, but only in close games.

Should we prepare for a possible injury to Duncan due to overuse?

For all you PollyAnna Poppers/Pop Sniffers Club members, could you try to stick to the issue. I'm glad we won the game, Tim looked great. The perspective is this is an early season game. My motive here is simply whats best to win a championship, not spark unintelligent babble.

Try to refrain from redundancy for bandwidth saving purposes. We already know you have already made clear:
Pop has won 4 titles. Glad you can count. He's also never repeated while being assowned by Phil 4-1 in playoff series.

CIA Pooped. Yes, it was some brilliant but unknown strategy by Pop. Keep believing that. The used car salesman loves to see you coming. Now can anyone tell us why Duncan really lead the team in minutes and stayed in up 20 till the buzzer?

Kurt Thomas was out. Yes he was, his wife giving birth. Congrats.

Manufan909
12-05-2008, 03:32 AM
Up 20 in the mid 4th qtr vs Denver, do we need Duncan to remain in the game till the final buzzer? Lead the team in minutes? For that matter Parker, coming off an injury being right behind in 2nd, what with Hill playing as well as he has? I guess Jaque Vaughn can get minutes, but only in close games.

Should we prepare for a possible injury to Duncan due to overuse?

For all you PollyAnna Poppers/Pop Sniffers Club members, could you try to stick to the issue. I'm glad we won the game, Tim looked great. The perspective is this is an early season game. My motive here is simply whats best to win a championship, not spark unintelligent babble.

Try to refrain from redundancy for bandwidth saving purposes. We already know you have already made clear:
Pop has won 4 titles. Glad you can count. He's also never repeated while being assowned by Phil 4-1 in playoff series.

CIA Pooped. Yes, it was some brilliant but unknown strategy by Pop. Keep believing that. The used car salesman loves to see you coming. Now can anyone tell us why Duncan really lead the team in minutes and stayed in up 20 till the buzzer?

Kurt Thomas was out. Yes he was, his wife giving birth. Congrats.

I might agree with you, but being an asshole is a real turn off, you could've found a way to not come across as a punk.

Reck
12-05-2008, 03:34 AM
Did you write that or was that of some article? Cuz that was kind of harsh.

Anyway, Spurs need Duncan. That team goes to shit when he's in the bench.

Case in point: When he had that little breather I think during the latter parts of quarter #3 or 4th Denver went on a good run without Timmy in.

Now I would agreed if we could keep teams away when the Spurs have a 10+ point lead with a quarter left but lately that's not been the case.

ILoveOranges
12-05-2008, 03:36 AM
I might agree with you, but being an asshole is a real turn off, you could've found a way to not come across as a punk.

Seriously. Although I can see where he'd be fed up with all the melodrama and the people that jump ship after a loss, only to beam pride and happiness with the next win. I mean, if you're a fan, you stick with your team, through the ups and downs. Or at least, you're supposed to

m33p0
12-05-2008, 03:37 AM
see last few minutes of the 3rd quarter as reference as to why duncan needs to be on the floor even with a 20-pt lead.

as not so much as the team needs duncan, rather the team on the floor sans duncan don't have any idea what to do.

Anti.Hero
12-05-2008, 03:39 AM
I figured he left Manu/Tony in till the end to help them get in game-shape.

Don't know wtf Tim was in there.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 03:42 AM
Do you really think Duncan is that fragile?

Fabbs
12-05-2008, 03:48 AM
see last few minutes of the 3rd quarter as reference as to why duncan needs to be on the floor even with a 20-pt lead.

as not so much as the team needs duncan, rather the team on the floor sans duncan don't have any idea what to do.
And that can't be fixed?
Or won't be fixed?
Plus he was still in the game with 2 minutes to go.

Chump Do you really think Duncan is that fragile?
Do you really think he is that indestructable?

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 03:50 AM
Do you really think he is that indestructable?I think he can handle the minutes he has been playing.

Why do you think he can't?

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2008, 03:54 AM
like Jeff Van Gundy said a few weeks ago..minutes are overrated..I have to agree with that..just limit his work in practice and keep him on a good program to help stay as fit as possible..

Duncan's minutes will eventually go down..our offense has CLEARLY went downhill when he's on the bench, so we can't afford to have let him sit on the bench against good teams..once Parker and Ginobili get into a rhythm with the rest of the team and we start rolling, Duncan will start sitting more..

m33p0
12-05-2008, 03:56 AM
And that can't be fixed?
Or won't be fixed?
Plus he was still in the game with 2 minutes to go.

Do you really think he is that indestructable?

of course it's correctible with manu and tony rounding out to game shape. (though somebody needs to talk to mason about end of shot clock situations).

and this is tim we're talking about here not ian, or yao, or mcgrady, or <insert fragile player here>.

Fabbs
12-05-2008, 03:58 AM

Case in point: When he had that little breather I think during the latter parts of quarter #3 or 4th Denver went on a good run without Timmy in.

Now I would agreed if we could keep teams away when the Spurs have a 10+ point lead with a quarter left but lately that's not been the case.
Yes I wrote that. Harsh? Well, on this board the pro Pop contingency runs very strong and the redundancy is tiresome. I really value Duncan. He was the leagues true MVP from 2002-2007 irregardless of what Kobe Sniffers fabricate and market.

I'm not sure how to quote multiple responses all at once, so more below. Thanks.

polandprzem
12-05-2008, 03:59 AM
After the Saturday game spurs played on Tuesday then Denver game at Thursday and next game on Saturday

Duncan played 28 in Rockets game 40 Pistons and now 36

Giving him more rest between games is also important.
People are too much concentrated in minutes played but D'Antoni teams with 7 or 8 man rotation in the season were always fresh because of lighter practices.

DPG21920
12-05-2008, 04:07 AM
Yes I wrote that. Harsh? Well, on this board the pro Pop contingency runs very strong and the redundancy is tiresome. I really value Duncan. He was the leagues true MVP from 2002-2007 irregardless of what Kobe Sniffers fabricate and market.

I'm not sure how to quote multiple responses all at once, so more below. Thanks.

Didn't Kobe just win his first mvp last year?

Fabbs
12-05-2008, 04:07 AM
like Jeff Van Gundy said a few weeks ago..minutes are overrated..I have to agree with that..just limit his work in practice and keep him on a good program to help stay as fit as possible..

Duncan's minutes will eventually go down..our offense has CLEARLY went downhill when he's on the bench, so we can't afford to have let him sit on the bench against good teams..once Parker and Ginobili get into a rhythm with the rest of the team and we start rolling, Duncan will start sitting more..
Theres a guy with some rings.:downspin:
Pat Riley used to limit the minutes and some things Kareem did in order to extend his longevity. Riley also thinks Dunks can play, and more importantly win more titles til he's 40. We watched Rileys Heat take down Dallas who took us out. Yet our roster was much better then the Heat. :depressed

As far as can Duncan handle the minutes, i dont know. I think we can all agree he seemed to lack some ooomph last years playoffs. Only in stretches, but he didnt look nearly as good as other playoff years. I do agree its not just about minutes, but about the lack of a SCORING other big to take all the pressure off him.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 04:13 AM
At the age Duncan is now, Kareem was averaging 3 more minutes per game than Duncan is this season.

Of course, Riley wasn't coaching him then.

Fabbs
12-05-2008, 04:16 AM
At the age Duncan is now, Kareem was averaging 3 more minutes per game than Duncan is this season.
What kind of help did he have on the frontline, and did he play the last 9 minutes of a rather average meaning game the Lakers were up 20 by with 9 minutes? Up 15 with two minutes.

Keep it in context.

#2!
12-05-2008, 04:17 AM
we didn't close the last game out well.

Duncan can handle these minutes just fine. Yes, he usually gets less minutes but that's not because he doesn't have the endurance, or is injury prone. It is simply strategy for the post season.

Right now with the combination of new players, injuries, etc lots of Pop's "usual" stuff is being ignored/changed/experimented with(whatever you wanna call it). Despite a few higher minute games here and there I bet Tim averages 32-35 minutes which'll be just fine.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 04:18 AM
What kind of help did he have on the frontline, and did he play the last 9 minutes of a rather average meaning game the Lakers were up 20 by with 9 minutes? Up 15 with two minutes.

Keep it in context.:lmao

Go back and watch all the tapes for the Lakers' 79-80 season and let me know what you find out.

Keep it in context.

#2!
12-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Theres a guy with some rings.:downspin:So you can dismiss what JVG said b/c he hasn't won a championship, but no one is allowed to cite Pop's rings to prove their own point?

Be honest, do you really want an answer/discussion of your question, or are you just being a jackass?:rolleyes

Fabbs
12-05-2008, 04:31 AM
So you can dismiss what JVG said b/c he hasn't won a championship, but no one is allowed to cite Pop's rings to prove their own point?

Be honest, do you really want an answer/discussion of your question, or are you just being a jackass?:rolleyes

JVGs comments cannot be discounted soley on his lack of a ring, thats true. I dismiss them because they are wrong.
I want and have recieved some intelligent discussion already. As for your bullshit that this is Pops "usual stuff", nothing to worry about, its all good...right. Assowned by Phil 4-1 and fails to make an adjustment.

Chump go ahead and watch some of Rileys winning years with Kareem. Nice try changing the subject tho.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 04:37 AM
Chump go ahead and watch some of Rileys winning years with Kareem. Nice try changing the subject tho.You're the one who made shit up.

It's not my fault your Kareem analogy doesn't apply because you were ignorant of the fact that Riley started coaching him when he was two years older than Duncan is now.

And and Kareem averaged 35.2 minutes that season at age 34.

Duncan's average this season so far at age 32: 35.1.

So let's keep it in context. :lol

The context is you hate Pop. If Duncan got injured tonight you would have claimed scoreboard and celebrated.

polandprzem
12-05-2008, 04:46 AM
what was the minutes average in '80 ?
I can't find it

#2!
12-05-2008, 04:46 AM
As for your bullshit that this is Pops "usual stuff", nothing to worry about, its all good...right. Assowned by Phil 4-1 and fails to make an adjustment.

So you do just want to be an asshole, huh? You see I'm calling you an asshole b/c instead of actually reading what i said you were obviously just rushing through so you could attempt a snappy comeback.

What i said was that this is a deviation from Pop's "usual stuff." In fact that was the whole point, its just a few games early in the season and, to quote your dumb ass, there is nothing to worry about, things really are gonna work out.

Next time you feel all worked up break a pencil or something; just don't come on here asking for opinions and then telling people what can and can't say in their own posts. Seriously your responses haven't exactly been mind bogglingly enlightening either.

And as for the 4-1 lakers series....get over it. Pop's beaten phil and phil's beaten pop. bfd

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 04:48 AM
what was the minutes average in '80 ?
I can't find itThe average minutes for what/whom?

polandprzem
12-05-2008, 04:54 AM
The average minutes for what/whom?

For a player in the nba

I haven't done research long enough and all the fine pages changed

polandprzem
12-05-2008, 04:55 AM
searching *

:shootme

ChumpDumper
12-05-2008, 04:56 AM
Historical stats are pretty nicely organized here:

http://www.basketball-reference.com

polandprzem
12-05-2008, 04:58 AM
Historical stats are pretty nicely organized here:

http://www.basketball-reference.com

I know I'm looking it there man.

That was my main site and still is, but searching ... ok I will do it later...I'm in a bit hurry

later
seeYa
cheers
bye
take care

mrspurs
12-05-2008, 06:59 AM

Denver has never comeback from a 20 point lead. Not to anyone anytime. Pop knew it and so did Karl. Had they done it last night. I woulda probably done nothing.:king

mrspurs
12-05-2008, 07:01 AM

Very True, Ive said it before. During practice Timmy just shoots the ball while the rest run through drills. Timmy is that good. Even at this age.

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2008, 01:27 PM
just by looking at a sample of the top 20 leaders..

the average in today's league is 38 minutes per game, while the average amount of minutes in 81-82 was 36.8 minutes per game..

so Duncan is playing less minutes than Kareem in a league that plays more minutes on average..

FromWayDowntown
12-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I don't understand these sorts of threads. If Pop had chosen to sit Duncan early last night and the Spurs had ceded the lead, Fabbs and others would be crucifying Pop for sitting Duncan too early. Pop, instead, keeps Duncan on his regular rotation -- ensuring that Duncan doesn't sit too long before having to re-enter the game and increasing the chance of injury -- in order to push his team to a much-needed win, and he gets crucified for playing Duncan too much.

It's awfully easy to criticize when hindsight is your ally. You know now that the Spurs didn't give up the lead, so it's really easy to say that Duncan shouldn't have played big minutes. But in the moment, when the Nuggets started to show some signs of life in the third, it was imperative that Pop bring back Duncan -- and Ginobili -- to preserve the lead and the win. Losing that game by virtue of a choice to limit Duncan's minutes would have been a horrendous result.

Fabbs
12-05-2008, 06:18 PM
After the Saturday game spurs played on Tuesday then Denver game at Thursday and next game on Saturday

Duncan played 28 in Rockets game 40 Pistons and now 36

Giving him more rest between games is also important.
People are too much concentrated in minutes played but D'Antoni teams with 7 or 8 man rotation in the season were always fresh because of lighter practices.
Yeah, and thats comforting. But Popped also played Parker the night following 55 minutes and his ankle blowout occured.

Fabbs
12-05-2008, 06:24 PM
AC Green in the late 80's and before that I think it was Kurt Rumbis.
Try James Worthy and Bob Mc-A-do in the 85 Champ (and you're right, Rambo too).
87-88 besides Worthy and Rambo again in addition to Green the arsehole Spurs owner at the time gifted them Mychelle Thompson. It was about as disgusting as the Gasol Collusion of 2008.

Kream sure wasn't getting it done with Fabbs and Finley at the PF spots.

angelbelow
12-05-2008, 06:26 PM
i think youre too conservative. do you drive a tank to work and wear bullet proof armor?

Fabbs
12-05-2008, 06:27 PM
And as for the 4-1 lakers series....get over it. Pop's beaten phil and phil's beaten pop. bfd
:lol:lol Pop Apologist Math:
4-1 = Pop's beaten phil and phil's beaten pop.
Classic.

Resume snuggling with Dump Humper.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-05-2008, 06:31 PM

No, actually...no he couldn't.

tlongII
12-05-2008, 06:34 PM
To ChumpDumper:

Kareem was relatively injury-free throughout his career. Not a single knee surgery. The same cannot be said about Duncan. In fact I believe Duncan may have some sort of arthritic condition in his knee at this point. It is stupid to have Duncan play the entire 4th quarter when you have a 20 point lead.

#2!
12-05-2008, 06:46 PM
:lol:lol Pop Apologist Math:
4-1 = Pop's beaten phil and phil's beaten pop.
Classic.

actually, you obnoxious tool, I was referring to head to head playoff matchups between the two coaches (4-2 for phil btw). And besides that, you ignored the rest of what i said about what was supposed to be the topic(tim's minutes) and went back to your "attempt putdowns now, masturbate to pictures of Phil Jackson later" approach.

Go be a lakers fan if you feel so strongly about it.

Fabbs
12-05-2008, 11:30 PM
actually, you obnoxious tool, I was referring to head to head playoff matchups between the two coaches (4-2 for phil btw). And besides that, you ignored the rest of what i said about what was supposed to be the topic(tim's minutes) and went back to your "attempt putdowns now, masturbate to pictures of Phil Jackson later" approach.

Go be a lakers fan if you feel so strongly about it.
Stop making crap up.
Take a break from 'bating and get your PopApologist Math right.

4-1 Phil vs Popped.
2008 Lakers, 4-1, conference finals
2004 Lakers, 4-2, conference semifinals
2003 Spurs 4-2, conference semifinals.
2002 Lakers, 4-1, conference semifinals
2001 Lakers, 4-0, conference finals

Sheep like you are a Lakers organization dream come true and a Spurs nightmare with you worship of Pop. TLongII i think we should bottle Pops farts and sell them to these clowns at 500K per bottle. They'd fight each other over who got to buy 1st.

Yes, Dunks did not need to be playing in the entire 4th and certainly not with 2 minutes to go. :wakeup:wakeup

Obstructed_View
12-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Pop had four of his five starters in the game at the end. There was possibly a message in that. Far more likely is this: He spent much of the fourth quarter allowing the guards to play together in different combinations; if you go back and watch you'll see all the different combinations he tried. Considering the way they'd struggled to the previous two games, a blowout gave them time to get some familiarity together at game speed. Part of leaning to play together is going to require Timmy on the floor. Investing some time now getting the guards playing well will save Timmy minutes down the road because he won't have to carry the team.

m33p0
12-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Pop had four of his five starters in the game at the end. There was possibly a message in that. Far more likely is this: He spent much of the fourth quarter allowing the guards to play together in different combinations; if you go back and watch you'll see all the different combinations he tried. Considering the way they'd struggled to the previous two games, a blowout gave them time to get some familiarity together at game speed. Part of leaning to play together is going to require Timmy on the floor. Investing some time now getting the guards playing well will save Timmy minutes down the road because he won't have to carry the team.
:tu
though i didn't notice if he put tony, hill, manu, mason with duncan. i don't think he did. it was always bowen in place of one of the four guards.

Obstructed_View
12-06-2008, 03:24 AM
:tu
though i didn't notice if he put tony, hill, manu, mason with duncan. i don't think he did. it was always bowen in place of one of the four guards.

Finley had a turn as well. He put Bonner in for Mason with a couple of minutes left when the Nuggets cut it to about 13. I don't think Pop's quite ready to unleash Hill, Mason, Manu, Parker and Timmy on the world, but the next game is against Don Nelson, so you never know. Personally, as good as these guards are, I don't want Manu playing the four position. Ever.

Fabbs
12-06-2008, 04:07 AM
Posted earlier on ST

Jeff McDonald: Duncan as Kareem?
MIAMI -- Pat Riley has coached Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Pat Riley has also coached Shaquille O'Neal. Good news for Spurs fans: Pat Riley says Tim Duncan reminds him of the former, and not the latter.

"Duncan reminds me a lot of Kareem," Riley, the Miami Heat coach, said after this morning's shootaround. "Kareem wasn't a physical center, he was a finesse center. And he played until he was 41 years old."

More than that, Jabbar remained one of the league's most dominant players well into his late 30s. In 1986, at age 38, Jabbar averaged 23.4 points per game.

Riley's point: Big men like Duncan and Jabbar, who rely more on their mind and their touch than sheer physical strength and skill, tend to have a longer shelf life in the NBA.

Meanwhile, players whose main strength is their strength -- like O'Neal -- often begin to show their age much sooner. O'Neal's body has begun to betray him the past couple seasons. At age 34, he is obviously on the downslope of his Hall-of-Fame career. This preseason, O'Neal has been plagued with a strained calf muscle. (He's expected to play in tonight's game after sitting out the previous two).

But back to Kareem ...

"I didn't start coaching Kareem until he was 32 years old," Riley said. "And he played nine more years after that. And he won four more championships after that."

Riley says he wouldn't be surprised if Duncan accomplished something similar, in terms of both success and longevity. Spurs fans can only hope he's right.
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2007/10/jeff_mcdonald_d_1.html

ChumpDumper
12-06-2008, 04:10 AM
To ChumpDumper:

Kareem was relatively injury-free throughout his career. Not a single knee surgery. The same cannot be said about Duncan. In fact I believe Duncan may have some sort of arthritic condition in his knee at this point. It is stupid to have Duncan play the entire 4th quarter when you have a 20 point lead.Why are you making up arthritis?

ChumpDumper
12-06-2008, 04:12 AM
"I didn't start coaching Kareem until he was 32 years old," Riley said. "And he played nine more years after that. And he won four more championships after that."That's true if he is counting his time as Paul Westhead's assistant. I doubt he had the final say about Kareem's playing time as an assistant.

SpurSupremacist
12-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Do you really think Duncan is that fragile?

I don't think that's really the issue, at all. The issue here is there's no way he should be in the game, up double digits with 2 minutes to go. If he twisted his ankle during that that time or something crazy happened like a broken foot, every Spur fan in America would be calling for his head and he'd be the ass of every morning sports talk radio show.

K-State Spur
12-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Theres a guy with some rings.:downspin:
Pat Riley used to limit the minutes and some things Kareem did in order to extend his longevity. Riley also thinks Dunks can play, and more importantly win more titles til he's 40. We watched Rileys Heat take down Dallas who took us out. Yet our roster was much better then the Heat. :depressed

As far as can Duncan handle the minutes, i dont know. I think we can all agree he seemed to lack some ooomph last years playoffs. Only in stretches, but he didnt look nearly as good as other playoff years. I do agree its not just about minutes, but about the lack of a SCORING other big to take all the pressure off him.

If you play Duncan 2 more mpg (which won't happen) over the course of this year - that's a whopping 160 minutes over the entire season. Give him 1 practice off and you've made up the time.

As it is, I think Pop just wanted to finish that game strong. The team had just played it's most complete game of the year, and I don't think he wanted it tainted by Denver cutting the lead to 6 with 15 seconds left. Besides, the team hasn't had a back-to-back since last weekend and doesn't have another until late next week.

Let them finish the rout, build a little positive momentum, and you can watch the minutes later in the year.

Seriously, you try to discount the rings in your OP, but has any current NBA coach even come close to proving that they will limit the minutes over the course of the season better than Pop? That's about the last thing that you need to worry/complain about regarding him.

Fabbs
12-06-2008, 12:02 PM
If you play Duncan 2 more mpg (which won't happen) over the course of this year - that's a whopping 160 minutes over the entire season. Give him 1 practice off and you've made up the time.

As it is, I think Pop just wanted to finish that game strong. The team had just played it's most complete game of the year, and I don't think he wanted it tainted by Denver cutting the lead to 6 with 15 seconds left. Besides, the team hasn't had a back-to-back since last weekend and doesn't have another until late next week.

Let them finish the rout, build a little positive momentum, and you can watch the minutes later in the year.

Seriously, you try to discount the rings in your OP, but has any current NBA coach even come close to proving that they will limit the minutes over the course of the season better than Pop? That's about the last thing that you need to worry/complain about regarding him.
But I'm not talking about minutes per game average over the course of a season as much as playing the entire 4th in a 20 pt blowout. Yes K-State, it is bothersome and "4 Rings Pop" aka as Never Repeated Pop and Phils Bitch Pop has blown it before. 2006 playoffs vs Kings we had the series wrapped up, Artest got hurt during the clinching game and the Spurs went up 15-20. It was over, the Kings were not gonna come back no way no how. MadDog Artest, injured and looking very undermedicated was obviously about ready to go off. Dumbarse Popped orders Tony back into the game. As expected, Artest went off, clobbering TP on a drive and TPs injury was severly aggrivated thus he was wrecked for the Mavs series. Kori posted that TP was seen barely able to walk between games. 60% at best vs a very speedy Devon Harris.

Fabbs
12-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't think that's really the issue, at all. The issue here is there's no way he should be in the game, up double digits with 2 minutes to go. If he twisted his ankle during that that time or something crazy happened like a broken foot, every Spur fan in America would be calling for his head and he'd be the ass of every morning sports talk radio show.
Thanks SS, KState, Poland and any others i've missed for the intelligent input. This is the point that Humpy and the other trolls cannot (or willnot) grasp.

PuttPutt
12-06-2008, 12:32 PM
We were short handed for the game. We had little choice for bigs. Fab wasn't doing much & Bonner was already doing his part. KT was in SA with his family & Tolliver was in Austin. IMO, we didn't have much choice. It's 1 game & yes it only takes 1 game to get injured. But it's seriously time to move on & there are more important things to be critical of.

FromWayDowntown
12-06-2008, 12:52 PM
But I'm not talking about minutes per game average over the course of a season as much as playing the entire 4th in a 20 pt blowout. Yes K-State, it is bothersome and "4 Rings Pop" aka as Never Repeated Pop and Phils Bitch Pop has blown it before. 2006 playoffs vs Kings we had the series wrapped up, Artest got hurt during the clinching game and the Spurs went up 15-20. It was over, the Kings were not gonna come back no way no how. MadDog Artest, injured and looking very undermedicated was obviously about ready to go off. Dumbarse Popped orders Tony back into the game. As expected, Artest went off, clobbering TP on a drive and TPs injury was severly aggrivated thus he was wrecked for the Mavs series. Kori posted that TP was seen barely able to walk between games. 60% at best vs a very speedy Devon Harris.

And if Pop removes Duncan from that game and the Spurs end up losing, aren't you going to be leading the charge to crucify him for blowing the game by not using Duncan enough?

I get the point about needing to manage Duncan's minutes over the long haul, but I don't think Pop can coach games with a fear that Tim will get hurt if he's on the floor too much. Tim needs to play enough to ensure that the Spurs win the bulk of their games. In Denver the other night, the fact of the matter is that the Nuggets made a run -- however insignificant it might seem in a box score -- and had the sort of a spark that would suggest they might get back in the game. Pop reacted by bringing back Duncan and the Spurs solidified their lead. That strikes me as good coaching, not bad.

exstatic
12-06-2008, 01:09 PM
38 minutes? You're getting your panties in a wad about 38 minutes?

InRareForm
12-06-2008, 01:17 PM
WIth this logic, we should never cross the street a lot, you might get hit by a car.

K-State Spur
12-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Artest got hurt during the clinching game and the Spurs went up 15-20. It was over, the Kings were not gonna come back no way no how.

As the great Vincent Hanna said, "You can get [hurt] walkin your doggie!"

ChumpDumper
12-06-2008, 01:37 PM
If you only wanted to talk about the last two minutes of a blowout, you shouldn't have brought up Kareem and Riley at all. You blew the context and served up some fail. I said you could celebrate had Duncan injured himself in that time. He didn't so you can't. Sorry to ruin your day.

T Park
12-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Ah Fabbs the all knowing coach of the...

What?

He doesn't coach anything?

Hes a unknowing blowhard that thinks he knows more than a hall of fame head coach?

Oh.

superbigtime
12-06-2008, 05:45 PM
I think if you start worrying about getting hurt/injured, that's when the injury is gonna be right around the corner. Tim could twist his ankle walking down the stairs at the Spurs practice facility. I don't have a problem with his minutes. In fact, I HATE it when Pop takes him out for those extended periods at the end of the 3rd. When Tim gets back in the game, it's not soon enough for me. He is the team's anchor and we play more helter skelter with him on the bench. I think Pop wanted to finish the game strong and for once I don't have anything real to complain about regarding Pop. I am hoping for similar success against the Warriors.

Fabbs
12-12-2008, 02:44 AM
timvp
The last time Parker played after a double overtime game, he sprained his ankle and missed three weeks. I'll taking sucking over an injury.

Parker had no legs. I actually wanted Pop to go with Hill earlier and not risk Parker turning an ankle due to fatigue again.
Parker yes, sign of relief its not worse and with the way Hill has played this season why not bring him in earlier? Oh well.

Duncan again leads in minutes after doing 50 the night before vs Dallas. Glad to see Tim hold out. Frustrating having to watch him battle it out again and again without consistent frontline scoring help. Those smallball stretches are scary. Worked this time, props to Findawg with the smalls and Bonner on the boards.

To the peabrains who reason "Duncan could get hurt crossing the street so why rest him?" hey, using your logic why not play him all 48 minutes of every game. Every minute of OT also. I mean since he could get hurt crossing the street anyways.:downspin:

Tully365
12-12-2008, 03:06 AM
For all you PollyAnna Poppers/Pop Sniffers Club members.....
My motive here is simply whats best to win a championship, not spark unintelligent babble.

:lol And clearly the best way to spark intelligent babble is to start off by calling the people you disagree with insulting names...

Fabbs
12-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Poop continues to play Dunkan and Parker large minutes, 46 and 48 vs Memph and only a 6th foul got Dunkan out.

Meanwhile Hill appears to be in Winos *doghouse* with only 10 minutes.

And of course we know we can't play Kurt Thomas, look what he did against Memphis with Duncan out. :downspin::toast
Sometimes players rise up to the amount of confidence shown in them.

Galileo
12-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Poop continues to play Dunkan and Parker large minutes, 46 and 48 vs Memph and only a 6th foul got Dunkan out.

Meanwhile Hill appears to be in Winos *doghouse* with only 10 minutes.

And of course we know we can't play Kurt Thomas, look what he did against Memphis with Duncan out. :downspin::toast
Sometimes players rise up to the amount of confidence shown in them.

Duncan needs to play 40 minutes a game to keep his wind up. He has worn down late in playoff games the past few years, because he has been upping his playoff minutes when not used to it.

That said, I think CIA Pop should wait until the rodeo road-trip before he makes that move.

Fabbs
02-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Duncan needs to play 40 minutes a game to keep his wind up. He has worn down late in playoff games the past few years, because he has been upping his playoff minutes when not used to it.

That said, I think CIA Pop should wait until the rodeo road-trip before he makes that move.
Ever heard of an exercise bike? Sheesh if Duncan wanted to "keep his wind up" he could do a few miles on the stationary. Or the pool vs pounding the hardwood.

Okay, well lets see what this current injury is....
http://www.guzer.com/pictures/boy_dog_pray.jpg

polandprzem
02-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Ever heard of an exercise bike?

Do we have to go back to those 2006 finals again?

Fabbs
02-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Do we have to go back to those 2006 finals again?

:lol
I was thinking more Dennis Rodman. Keeping his wind up by riding the bike after the game. While winning championships.

Thomas82
02-25-2009, 11:35 AM
I just hope we'll have the Tim Duncan I'm used to seeing for the playoffs.

Obstructed_View
02-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Okay, well lets see what this current injury is....
http://joshsmithonwpf.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/celebrate.jpg

FIFY, since we know you only bumped this because you're so excited that Duncan's hurt. And you're right, it can only be due to those extra minutes he played in that blowout.

Fabbs
02-25-2009, 11:56 AM
FIFY, since we know you only bumped this because you're so excited that Duncan's hurt. And you're right, it can only be due to those extra minutes he played in that blowout.
Obstructed Vulva,
Fail.
The minutes may or may not contributed to the condition/injury.
"We" just don't know at this point.

Obstructed_View
02-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Obstructed Vulva,
Fail.
The minutes may or may not contributed to the condition/injury.
"We" just don't know at this point.

Didn't stop you from bumping the thread though to try to toot your own horn. We all know you've been praying Duncan would get injured so you could bump the thread. Congratulations. Now you're a half-wit who got lucky once.

Fabbs
02-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Didn't stop you from bumping the thread though to try to toot your own horn. We all know you've been praying Duncan would get injured so you could bump the thread. Congratulations. Now you're a half-wit who got lucky once.
Obstructed Vulva,
I did not bump the thread to "toot my own horn" nor am i glad that Duncan is injured, be it one game or 20. Playing Duncan with two minutes to go in a 20 point blowout is idiotic no matter how much you PopApolgists-Laker Supporters support it.

Who exactly is the "we" you claim?

Anywho, my stalker control people have you in their sites and all is well.

Continue......

WalterBenitez
02-25-2009, 01:06 PM
any news about TD?????