PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets game proof Pop lost....

mrspurs
12-05-2008, 06:41 AM
The game against the Pistons. For all of us who wondered why some of the players who normally play and didnt. You can blame the piston loss on Pop. No more No less. And last night was living proof.

mystargtr34
12-05-2008, 06:54 AM
I thought Pop's experimenting had alot to do with the L, probly would have been a better idea to experiment and adjust everyones roles against a lesser team, but they looked good last night, apart from Mase.

T Park
12-05-2008, 10:10 AM
go back to spursreport

BacktoBasics
12-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Just the opposite. He made a statement against the Pistons and the team responded by playing well against a team thats been hot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Ya Fire Popovich Crappy Coach Constantly Mixing And Matching And Using The Regular Season To Figure Out Which Lineups Work God What An Idiot He Should Just Play Manu Parker And Timmy 48 Minutes A Game Package The Rest Of The Team For Rashard Lewis And Dwight Howard And Then Play Those 2 48 Minutes A Game. Who Needs To Get The Bench Experience Who Cares If The Starters Will Be Tired For The Playoffs Games In Early December Are More Vital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m33p0
12-05-2008, 12:37 PM
so it had nothing to do with the guys in uniform playing well below par? what a relief.

JamStone
12-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Pop using CIA tricks to make the Spurs shoot 6-for-24 from three point range against the Pistons prove how much of powerful wizard he truly is.

FromWayDowntown
12-05-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm convinced that Pop told the Spurs to play soft against the Pistons -- I think anyone who doubts that they were soft that night (and that their lack of aggression cost them the game) didn't watch -- and used Vaughn to ensure that the game would go down the tubes so that we could get this run of "Fire Pop" and "Pop Sucks" nonsense over with early in the season.

T Park
12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
so it had nothing to do with the guys in uniform playing well below par? what a relief.

Of course not.

The armchair coaches are always right and never blame the players who play the game.

JamStone
12-05-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm convinced that Pop told the Spurs to play soft against the Pistons -- I think anyone who doubts that they were soft that night (and that their lack of aggression cost them the game) didn't watch -- and used Vaughn to ensure that the game would go down the tubes so that we could get this run of "Fire Pop" and "Pop Sucks" nonsense over with early in the season.

So to make it look convincing, he waited until the fourth quarter to tell them to go soft midway through the third quarter to go soft...

The Spurs couldn't hit perimeter jumpers. Tony Parker admitted last night, he felt slow, it being his first game of starter minutes.

A healthy Spurs team that is back to to normal with Parker and Ginobili both at or near 100% should be better than the Pistons. But, that doesn't mean losing to the Pistons at home means it was a calculated plan by Pop when they shoot that badly from three point range and Manu and Parker aren't really at 100% yet.

DPG21920
12-05-2008, 02:12 PM
So to make it look convincing, he waited until the fourth quarter to tell them to go soft midway through the third quarter to go soft...

The Spurs couldn't hit perimeter jumpers. Tony Parker admitted last night, he felt slow, it being his first game of starter minutes.

A healthy Spurs team that is back to to normal with Parker and Ginobili both at or near 100% should be better than the Pistons. But, that doesn't mean losing to the Pistons at home means it was a calculated plan by Pop when they shoot that badly from three point range and Manu and Parker aren't really at 100% yet.

JamStone: you are smart enough to know not to respond to this stuff.

JamStone
12-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Shrugs. I respond to a lot of posts, smart, dumb, or otherwise.

And, it's not like FWDT is a troll.

DPG21920
12-05-2008, 02:14 PM
I meant the OP

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-05-2008, 02:16 PM
You guys are only scratching the surface of how detailed this plot was. He intentionally held on to Vaughn, Bonner, and Udoka instead of pulling the trigger on three way deal that would have made Kobe and Lebron Spurs, out of fear that one of them might accidentally have a good fourth quarter during his scheduled loss to the Pistons.

Tully365
12-05-2008, 02:43 PM
I submit that Pop is also responsible for all of the spelling and grammar mistakes that occur on Spurstalk.

FromWayDowntown
12-05-2008, 02:45 PM

Come on.

BlackBellamy
12-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Shrugs. I respond to a lot of posts, smart, dumb, or otherwise.

That's what makes you class and your club second in most Spurs fan's hearts (or at least our east coast brother in arms). Ya' don't hate... you appreciate.

spurs50_
12-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I hope he keeps the red rocket in the starting lineup, he looked pretty good.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Nice post! Mrs. Purs, if you want further examples of Pop tanking games I point you to games 1,2 and 5 of last year's playoff series with New Orleans. It was obvious from the other four, especially game 7, that the Spurs were trying to lose those others.

His motivation for tanking those last year and this year still allude me, however.

kaji157
12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
When you have mason and ginobili and you play finley for 30+ minutes is a mistake no matter how you want to see it.

Finley played 13 minutes and that gave us a lot of Manu (how played good) and a lot of mason (out of control).

I think anyway that our starters will in the end be the same as always, TP-Ginobili-Bowen-TD-Obby.

Quick manu sub for mason and then second unit of Hill-Ginobili-Finley-Bonner-Obby, and sometimes Hill-Ginobili-Finley-Booner-KT. I wouldnt be surprised if Parker replaces Gino on the 2nd unit to reduce some of his minutes by playing a Parker-Hill-Mason-Bonner-KT.

benefactor
12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I submit that Pop is also responsible for all of the spelling and grammar mistakes that occur on Spurstalk.
Pop = mrs. purs? :wtf:wow:spin

sam1617
12-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Nice post! Mrs. Purs, if you want further examples of Pop tanking games I point you to games 1,2 and 5 of last year's playoff series with New Orleans. It was obvious from the other four, especially game 7, that the Spurs were trying to lose those others.

His motivation for tanking those last year and this year still allude me, however.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that mrspurs is really Mrs. Purs...