PDA

View Full Version : Bynum thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

sonic21
12-05-2008, 07:56 AM
sorry if posted already (two days old).

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bynum-jackson-lakers-2246365-shooting-points

Lamar Odom has squawked about the time and space Jackson is using him a couple of times already. And now that Jackson has played Odom instead of Andrew Bynum for the last half of the fourth quarter the past two games, Bynum is miffed.

When told Jackson had pointed out that Bynum had merely three rebounds Wednesday night and was outrebounded by some Lakers guards, Bynum countered: “I might've gotten some in the last six minutes. You never know. You never know until the fat lady sings. He (Jackson) sings for me a lot.”

Jackson had dismissed Bynum before the game as wholly unqualified to criticize his coaching decisions, saying: “That's none of his business. … He's a kid.”

Bynum, 21, did validate that somewhat by the arrival in the locker room of a plate of fried food for him from Chickie's & Pete's Crabhouse and Sports Bar just an hour before tip-off. Yet the deeper issue with Bynum is that he feels that he can do more.

Well, most of the Lakers feel the same way. But everyone knew that sacrificing shots, points and minutes was going to be part of the championship chase this season.

It would be a stretch to categorize Bynum as disgruntled or even insolent toward Jackson. Bynum sort of shrugged as he said: “It's just something that's going to happen, I guess. Sometimes I'm out there; sometimes I'm not.”

Kobe™
12-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah your late doggy,
I say Zen takes his pimp hand and slaps Bynumite silly.

Allanon
12-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Bynum wants more Playing Time, I think that's a good thing. Alot of the early criticism was whether he was even interesting in basketball.

Phil wondered earlier on if Bynum would even be interested in basketball if he wasn't 7 feet tall. I guess now he's got more of an "interested" Bynum than he wished for.

Bynum's finally back to his last season form and I think he's trying to make the All Star team.

JamStone
12-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I don't see anything wrong with Bynum's comments. He is a kid and he wants to play. I agree it's a good thing that he voices his desire to play. Too many young kids that are just given lots of money being indifferent and apathetic whether they get burn or not. This is the good kind of voicing out, imo. I bet even Phil Jackson doesn't have much of a problem with it, especially in comparison to Bynum being a lazy ass like in previous seasons.

Bob Lanier
12-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Why is he eating that shit?

leemajors
12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Why is he eating that shit?

especially an hour before tipoff.

Showtime24 LAKERS
12-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I thought the "Bynum overrated" stuff would start to calm down after the very solid numbers he has put up in the last 3 games 18-10,18-10,17-9. It is starting to look a lot like last January. He is not going to put up Shaq type numbers but we don't need that with Kobe and Gasol and a very deep bench. He is an absolute game changer on the defensive side with shot blocking and even more important shot altering and intimidation. Drew looks great and is only going to get better. Be patient guys, he is only 21 and just starting down the road to greatness. He has got the entire package and will be a joy to watch him develop.

IronMexican
12-05-2008, 06:02 PM
He couldn't put up Shaq numbers if he wanted to.

Killakobe81
12-05-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't see anything wrong with Bynum's comments. He is a kid and he wants to play. I agree it's a good thing that he voices his desire to play. Too many young kids that are just given lots of money being indifferent and apathetic whether they get burn or not. This is the good kind of voicing out, imo. I bet even Phil Jackson doesn't have much of a problem with it, especially in comparison to Bynum being a lazy ass like in previous seasons.

Jamstone i agree once again ...you have some of the most unbiased opinions on here ...
Goodluck with your Pistons ...

Obstructed_View
12-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Good for him if he wants to play, and good for him having some confidence in himself. Phil will whine about it to the media, but he's smiling to himself that Bynum's got some fire.

Kobe™
12-05-2008, 09:06 PM
I seen more post moves from Bynum tonight then I seen Dwight has done in his career.
{No exaggeration either}

A Bomb
12-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah your late doggy,
I say Zen takes his pimp hand and slaps Bynumite silly.

Fuck that, Phil needs to grow some ballz and slap himself and Kobe upside the head. Phil won those championships, because he had the best players, even Doc Rivers out coached his ass in the finals.

Lakers play such beautiful basketball for 3 quarters, but than when it gets so freakin ugly in the 4th because of KOME Ball. Bynum needs to tell the front office to "ship KOBE 's ass out".

Showtime24 LAKERS
12-05-2008, 09:59 PM
bynum is a beast tonight

Showtime24 LAKERS
12-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Fuck that, Phil needs to grow some ballz and slap himself and Kobe upside the head. Phil won those championships, because he had the best players, even Doc Rivers out coached his ass in the finals.

Lakers play such beautiful basketball for 3 quarters, but than when it gets so freakin ugly in the 4th because of KOME Ball. Bynum needs to tell the front office to "ship KOBE 's ass out".

Yea, I was confused by it too. i dunno why he puts Odom to finish off close games when Bynum is playing well?? odom played terrible all game and bynum was excellent but he didnt see any PT when it matters the most!!

A Bomb
12-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Yea, I was confused by it too. i dunno why he puts Odom to finish off close games when Bynum is playing well?? odom played terrible all game and bynum was excellent but he didnt see any PT when it matters the most!!

It doesn't even matter if Bynum is in there, Kobe is gonna ballhog and chuck up bricks. Recently Lakers players haven't been too receptive to Kobe, even Pau and Ariza are shrugging him off. Everygame it's the same story, Bynum and Pau dominates inside and that's how the Lakers been winning games. There's less than a handful of games the Lakers won when the Lakers didn't dominate inside the past 2 seasons. Put Lebron, Wade, CP3 and etc, on the Lakers' team they 'll probably be better.

cobbler
12-05-2008, 10:13 PM

...and the broken record just keeps on spinning.

It was the bench mob that gave up the leads.

Kobe had a subpar shooting night (5-17). He made up for it from the line (13-14) and with 7 assists and 7 rebounds. Still a subpar game for Kobe but to blame ALL the issues the Lakers have on him just shows your ignorance.

Again, when Kobge and the starters were in they twice created leads of 15+ and the BENCH let it slip away. Your hatred distorts your vision.

As for your PJ comment.... The VAST MAJORITY of the time, coaches win championships because they have the best players. Funny how that works out.

..additional note: The prior 4 games to tonight, the very same games you bitch about Kobe chucking... hes shooting above 50%... hmmmmmmmm

TheMadHatter
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
What on earth is going on with Phil Jackson?

These lineups and rotations are KILLING us and costing us games. His closeout lineup of late with

Kobe
Ariza
LO
Pau
Fish/Farmar

IS TERRIBLE. THEY CANT DEFEND, CANT SCORE, AND ARE BLOWING DOUBLE DIGIT LEADS. Yet he keeps going back to them time and time again to prove a point to Bynum or some nonsense. I'm so frustrated at him right now, he better have a damn good explanation for what he is doing because we cannot afford to drop games to scrub teams with BOS playing as well as they are. Phil may not be the right coach for this team right now, if we lose this year we should consider alternatives.

A Bomb
12-05-2008, 10:21 PM
...and the broken record just keeps on spinning.

It was the bench mob that gave up the leads.

Kobe had a subpar shooting night (5-17). He made up for it from the line (13-14) and with 7 assists and 7 rebounds. Still a subpar game for Kobe but to

Again, when Kobge and the starters were in they twice created leads of 15+ and the BENCH let it slip away. Your hatred distorts your vision.

As for your PJ comment.... The VAST MAJORITY of the time, coaches win championships because they have the best players. Funny how that works out.

Well my hatred towards Kobe started, because of what he does, he is what he is, a fucking selfish chucker. Only players on the Lakers that seem to be enjoying the game tonite was Kobe. Kobe is a momentum killer, majority of the times it kills the Lakers.

Overall the Laker's bench has been great, they've been much more consistent than Kobe, and it was PHil's great idea to put in his boy fuck Luke tonite. Plus still had a 9 point lead when the starters cameback in.

cobbler
12-05-2008, 10:23 PM

These lineups and rotations are KILLING us and costing us games. His closeout lineup of late with

Kobe
Ariza
LO
Pau
Fish/Farmar

IS TERRIBLE. THEY CANT DEFEND, CANT SCORE, AND ARE BLOWING DOUBLE DIGIT LEADS. Yet he keeps going back to them time and time again to prove a point to Bynum or some nonsense. I'm so frustrated at him right now, he better have a damn good explanation for what he is doing because we cannot afford to drop games to scrub teams with BOS playing as well as they are. Phil may not be the right coach for this team right now, if we lose this year we should consider alternatives.

PJ has already stated that its a matter of minutes. He's not going to overplay people. They have their rotations and he's sticking to them. If you haven't noticed how he coaches, he will put the players making mistakes in the same situation over and over and let them work it out. It's how you learn and develop. Could he change it up some and put maybe a tougher team in down the stretch? Sure. But how about letting the ones messing up work out their issues so that when it counts (post season) they will have developed and can be counted on?

A Bomb
12-05-2008, 10:24 PM

Kobe
Ariza
LO
Pau
Fish/Farmar

Doesn't even matter who the Lakers put out there in the 4th quarter of games if Kobe is in there.

Phil should just put in Ariza, Kobe, Odom, Pau, and Bynum, since Kobe will be chucking might as well have the best defensive/rebounding team out there too.

A Bomb
12-05-2008, 10:25 PM
PJ has already stated that its a matter of minutes. He's not going to overplay people. They have their rotations and he's sticking to them. If you haven't noticed how he coaches, he will put the players making mistakes in the same situation over and over and let them work it out. It's how you learn and develop. Could he change it up some and put maybe a tougher team in down the stretch? Sure. But how about letting the ones messing up work out their issues so that when it counts (post season) they will have developed and can be counted on?

Well Kobe still hasn't learned shit. He 's still a fucking chucker and a momentum killer.

cobbler
12-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Well my hatred towards Kobe started, because of what he does, he is what he is, a fucking selfish chucker. Only players on the Lakers that seem to be enjoying the game tonite was Kobe. Kobe is a momentum killer, majority of the times it kills the Lakers.

Overall the Laker's bench has been great, they've been much more consistent than Kobe, and it was PHil's great idea to put in his boy fuck Luke tonite. Plus still had a 9 point lead when the starters cameback in.

If you honestly think the Lakers would be better off shipping Kobe out... then there is nothing to be said. :bang

Why aren't you calling out Farmar as a chucker? 4-10 with 1 assist? For the PG?

A Bomb
12-05-2008, 10:39 PM
If you honestly think the Lakers would be better off shipping Kobe out... then there is nothing to be said. :bang

Why aren't you calling out Farmar as a chucker? 4-10 with 1 assist? For the PG?

Farmar did alot of that shooting in the flow of the game, and towards the 2nd half of that 4th quarter, Farmar didn't get to touch the ball.

So you don't think Kobe kills the flow of the game? Don't you see the Lakers pouting and standing around when Kobe goes into his chuckmode?

Put Lebron, Wade, CP3, Pierce, and theres a few others im missing, you don't think the Lakers will at least be this good?

Allanon
12-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Another good game from Bynumite.

19 points
10 rebounds
3 blocks
75% shooting

35 minutes.

Phil still didn't put him in for the last 5 minutes...hahah, tough love.

sook
12-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Another good game from Bynumite.

19 points
10 rebounds
3 blocks
75% shooting

35 minutes.

Phil still didn't put him in for the last 5 minutes...hahah, tough love.

i like that, phill knows what he's doing i guess...but how did you guys barely scrape a win off in washington?!?!

A Bomb
12-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Another very good game from Bynumite.

19 points
10 rebounds
3 blocks
75% shooting

35 minutes.

But he wasn't aggressive enough on the boards or on defense.:lol
What I'm really impressed/happy about Bynum aren't his stats, it's how he doesn't get into foul troubles, rarely forces things on offense, and his passing/vision. There isn't one other center I've seen with his maturity level with his skills at 21 years of age.

cobbler
12-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Farmar did alot of that shooting in the flow of the game, and towards the 2nd half of that 4th quarter, Farmar didn't get to touch the ball.

So you don't think Kobe kills the flow of the game? Don't you see the Lakers pouting and standing around when Kobe goes into his chuckmode?

Put Lebron, Wade, CP3, Pierce, and theres a few others im missing, you don't think the Lakers will at least be this good?

Maybe if they werent standing around... and cutting... they would get the ball.

Sure the Lakers would be at least as good with other superstars...duh.. not a real revelation there.

Yes, there are times Kobe hurts the flow as with any player. When you shoot 25% thats going to happen. But you are saying this every game. It's obvious you dislike him and I believe it distorts your vision. Im guessing your a big Shaq fan? As i said... you were bashing him the last few games.... and in those few hes shot over 50% while at the same time leading the team in assists from the SG position.

A Bomb
12-05-2008, 11:18 PM
i like that, phill knows what he's doing i guess...but how did you guys barely scrape a win off in washington?!?!

Would of been better if the Lakers lost, because hopefully that would of ended kobeball, too bad.

cobbler
12-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Would of been better if the Lakers lost, because hopefully that would of ended kobeball, too bad.

*** Pushing the ignore button ***

cobbler
12-05-2008, 11:23 PM

Lack of focus on defense for 48 mins. Letting 2 seperate 20 pt leads dwindle to nothing. It will work itself out... 16-2... We will take it.

Allanon
12-05-2008, 11:40 PM

2nd unit screwing around again. They get a large lead and then start throwing fancy passes and plays.

Bench mob is getting really complacent, Phil will have to whip them back into hungry mode. Showtime is cool and all but you gotta get back on defense too.

A Bomb
12-05-2008, 11:49 PM

Sure the Lakers would be at least as good with other superstars...duh.. not a real revelation there.

Yes, there are times Kobe hurts the flow as with any player. When you shoot 25% thats going to happen. But you are saying this every game. It's obvious you dislike him and I believe it distorts your vision. Im guessing your a big Shaq fan? As i said... you were bashing him the last few games.... and in those few hes shot over 50% while at the same time leading the team in assists from the SG position.

No, I like Kobe more than Shaq and I don't think anyone plays as hard as KObe, but he's not smart on how he goes about it. I 've been a fan of the Lakers/basketball for 20 years and I'm just pissed that the Lakers team this year could possibly be the best ever and I'm worried Kobe's selfishness will destroy what they have going. And fuck give Bynum and Pau more touches, KObe should be going after 10+assists per game more than his ppg.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Lakers coach Phil Jackson's assessment?

"Poor coaching," he said. "That's what it was tonight. Putting too much trust and faith in a younger group -- a second unit. They just can't hold it on the road. They can't withstand the fury or the intensity of the fourth quarter. I'm going to have to change it up a little bit."

From the AP post game article.

A Bomb
12-05-2008, 11:54 PM

I 've been bashing him for the past 2 years after Bynum started to blowup. Lakers have 2 very very good post players, no need to jack up bricks to raise his point totals. Keep going into the post and Lakers have a better chance to win and both of them are very good passers too. It's just good team basketball and it's fun to watch.

A Bomb
12-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Lakers coach Phil Jackson's assessment?

"Poor coaching," he said. "That's what it was tonight. Putting too much trust and faith in a younger group -- a second unit. They just can't hold it on the road. They can't withstand the fury or the intensity of the fourth quarter. I'm going to have to change it up a little bit."

From the AP post game article.

Here's the thing with Phil, he's sitting on the bench with his arrogant smirk on his face acting as if the games playing out by his design and he's omniposcent. Why doesn't he sit down with each of his players and actually coach them instead of bashing them on the media? Why can't he just come out and jsut say that he fucked up with the rotations or that he 's been lackadasical coaching. I'd play harder for someone like that instead of an arrogant jackass that blames his own players for his fuckup.

Obstructed_View
12-06-2008, 12:24 AM
I love how Phil says that it was poor coaching but then spends the rest of his quote shitting all over his players. :lol

Allanon
12-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Poor Coaching was a joke...it was on the Players.

Phil was doing the "Let them work it out" thing. They couldn't work it out. But I think it's a pretty good way of coaching, it makes the lesser players work out their own screw-ups.

No Bailouts.

Of course, the Lakers might lose a couple of games in the process but in the long run, it makes the bench stronger.

My boy Odom sucked tonight and so did Sasha....those were the main culprits.

exstatic
12-06-2008, 12:44 AM
“I might've gotten some in the last six minutes. You never know. You never know until the fat lady sings. He (Jackson) sings for me a lot.”

Bynum called Phil a Fat Lady.

:lol

A Bomb
12-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Poor Coaching was a joke...it was on the Players.

Phil was doing the "Let them work it out" thing. They couldn't work it out. But I think it's a pretty good way of coaching, it makes the lesser players work out their own screw-ups.

No Bailouts.

Of course, the Lakers might lose a couple of games in the process but in the long run, it makes the bench stronger.

My boy Odom sucked tonight and so did Sasha....those were the main culprits.

Lakers clearly have talent, PHils the coach, and he decides who plays and who doesn't. So if the players don't show up, who do you think is at fault? To me it's obvious the blame goes to the coach evertime, if he doesn't like the way certain players play sit them, he 's acting like a prima dona.

If your manager bashes you to other co-workers about how you fold under pressure, and you can't accept responsiblity, do you think your effort will increase? How about the manager takes the blame by himself for the low productivity and tells everyone that he fuckup up and he takes full responsiblity, don't you think you will work harder for him?

DrHouse
12-06-2008, 01:20 AM
The Lakers have entered the 4th quarter of the last 3 games with an 18 pt lead, 16pt lead, and another 18pt lead.

It's not like they are playing poorly for 4 quarters straight. They are actually playing very well for 3 quarters. The main problems are:

1. Keeping the bench in too long. They need to be taken out with about 8-9 minutes left to go in the 4th, not at the 5-6 minute mark. Phil needs to shorten the leash, especially on the road.

2. Not putting Bynum in to close games. It seems we can't rebound, defend, or get stops when we need to in the clutch. It's absolutely vital our defensive anchor is out on the floor to close games out. Phil needs to stop his petty mind games and stubbornness and play our best lineups to close out games. Odom does not deserve to be rewarded for his Casper like performances. If he's not starting material don't let him close out games, if he's not happy with his new role trade him. It's that simple.