PDA

View Full Version : it was nice to see the team get a good win when...

K-State Spur
12-05-2008, 10:44 AM
they weren't red hot from 3 point territory. they shot alright, but not stellar.

it has seemed that in any of the good wins up until this point - the shooters needed to be hitting any good look that they got in order for the team to prevail.

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I would still prefer for them to cut down on their 3 attempts and try attacking the rim more...

T Park
12-05-2008, 11:31 AM
They are always going to shoot in the 20s on threes.
They are a good three point shooting team and thats the way the offense is built, "Inside out" and its always gonna be that way as long as Tim Duncan puts on the 21.

z0sa
12-05-2008, 11:33 AM
The only bad 3s I saw were from Mason Jr. I love the guy, but this isn't Washington anymore. A few dribbles into a 25footer won't get you PT, it won't build trust even in a blowout, and it isn't good for your 3pt percentage ... :hat

K-State Spur
12-05-2008, 12:01 PM
The only bad 3s I saw were from Mason Jr. I love the guy, but this isn't Washington anymore. A few dribbles into a 25footer won't get you PT, it won't build trust even in a blowout, and it isn't good for your 3pt percentage ... :hat

at least a couple of his ugly ones were up against the shot-clock.

he's probably the one who is going to struggle the most with the return of manu and tony. he goes from being the second option most of the time that he is on the court, to now being the third or fourth.

ideally, he develops into a better version of what we had all initially hoped that barry would be when he originally signed here.

when RMJ does have his feet set underneath him and a good look at the hoop, he's not missing right now. he's just got to let the game come to him a little bit.

td4mvp21
12-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I wanted Mason to shoot and so does Pop. A couple of his shots were bad forced ones at the end of the shot clock, but most others were shots he normally knocks down.

mrspurs
12-05-2008, 12:49 PM
I would still prefer for them to cut down on their 3 attempts and try attacking the rim more...

Not gonna happen. Pop loves the 3 point shooting. Its our mojo. I too would like to see more drives into the lane. But we only have Manu and TP and now Hill that can do it without choking. The rest of our guys wont dare drive inside. And when they do its always the same ole thing. A miss or turnover. Its to bad too. But this is Pops way of playing ball. Pretty sure we could go back in Pops history of grabbing players and agree they all shoot the 3 ball rather well. Horry,Hedo now Matt. Throw in Bruce, Ime, the Fins to name a few. This whole squad is built around the arc. Its been like that and Im pretty sure thats the way it will always be. Denver shot 14 3s compared to our 24. 24 3s isnt smart ball in my book. But it works for Pop.

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2008, 01:03 PM
I didn't mind any of Mason's shots..the bad ones were at the end of the shot clock, where he had to throw them up..

he usually makes most of the ones he missed..he's a very streaky shooter, which is what we all should have expected coming into the season..his game will round out once the chemistry starts looking better..