PDA

View Full Version : Well, at least someone...

Yonivore
12-05-2008, 11:10 AM
...can articulate the disparity.

Parallel Lives (http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YjY4MzYyNzM3ZmU5NjBkOTExMDkzOTYyYTRmMDRkNzg=)

Robert "Ken Lay" Rubin, the Democrat Party icon received $115 million while his company lost 75% of its value. And now he’s getting bailed out.

Victor Davis Hanson nailed it:

“I recall that Robert Rubin, as Bill Clinton’s Treasury Secretary, oversaw the deregulation of Wall Street that certainly contributed to the present meltdown. But while we can associate the name Fuld with Lehman Brothers, and Ken Lay with Enron, and both with abject greed, probable malfeasance, and systematic incompetence, why are we unable to make the similar connection between Citigroup’s near collapse, its reckless foray into the morass of subprime loans, and Robert Rubin’s very lucrative, but ultimately disastrous leadership role within the banking conglomerate?”
By the way, the Bush administration prosecuted Lay.

Don’t expect the Obamadministration to go after Rubin.

His Justice department is run by the man who arrange the pardon of March Rich, the billionaire that the Reagan and first Bush administrations pursued.

DarkReign
12-05-2008, 11:13 AM
“I recall that Robert Rubin, as Bill Clinton’s Treasury Secretary, oversaw the deregulation of Wall Street that certainly contributed to the present meltdown.

So many people to blame, I am not surprised you would probably pick (oooooh, wild guess here)...

Carter and Clinton, right? amirite?

clambake
12-05-2008, 11:19 AM
:lmao @ yoni desperately trying to make sense of his life.