PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach to Auburn (Panama City News Herald)

MajorMike
12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Just posting what I read. Caution - how many media outlets said lester was already gone to Michigan?

Mike Leach to Auburn
December 4th, 2008, 8:56 pm by Josh Weinfuss

Texas Tech coach Mike Leach is close to finalizing a deal that would make him the next coach at Auburn, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Tommy Tuberville’s resignation yesterday made way for Leach, who had the Red Raiders in contention for a berth in the Big 12 Championship Game and possibly the FedEx BCS National Championship Game until losing to Oklahoma on Nov. 22.

Leach reportedly withdrew his name from consideration for the University of Washington job on Thursday.

Known as an innovative offensive mind, Leach has ties to the SEC and the south. He spent time as offensive coordinator under Hal Mumme at Kentucky and Valdosta State, a Division II school in Georgia.

Texas Tech is expected to receive a Cotton Bowl bid.

J.T.
12-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Dear Relevance,

I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Sincerely,

The Texas Tech Football Program

dirk4mvp
12-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Dear Relevance,

I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Sincerely,

The Texas Tech Football Program

:rollin

Blake
12-05-2008, 03:38 PM
how the hell does a newspaper out of Panama City, FL break this news story?

If the news came out of Lubbock, Tuscaloosa or anywhere in between, I'd be worried.

Til then, this is just an eager reporter in a small town trying to be the first to break a story

Blake
12-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Dear UT,

39-33

Your 2008 daddy

BUMP
12-05-2008, 03:39 PM
:lol

Leach does this every year, he's not going anywhere

cash459
12-05-2008, 05:14 PM
how the hell does a newspaper out of Panama City, FL break this news story?

If the news came out of Lubbock, Tuscaloosa or anywhere in between, I'd be worried.

Til then, this is just an eager reporter in a small town trying to be the first to break a story

I agree. He's jumped the gun there.....

K-State Spur
12-05-2008, 06:31 PM

Just fyi, tuscaloosa is Bama. Auburn is located in Auburn, Alabama.

Jdspur20
12-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Auburn is considering Houston Nutt, but not Leach

Posted by Charles Goldberg, Birmingham News December 05, 2008 12:46 PM
Categories: Sports
Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt met with his athletics director and the university chancellor Friday morning. That meeting occurred with the backdrop of Auburn taking a look at Nutt to replace Tommy Tuberville. One coach who is not being considered is Texas Tech's Mike Leach.

The News reported Friday morning Auburn was interested in Nutt and Florida State offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher, and possibly a few others. Nutt met with Athletics Director Pete Boone and university chancellor Robert Khayat.

Two names that have been talked about, especially nationally, can be stricken from the list. Leach, who insiders say expressed an interest in Auburn, is not being considered. Texas defensive coordinator and former Auburn assistant Will Muschamp is content in Austin.

Updates and the chance to comment are at The Birmingham News' Auburn blog

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/12/auburn_is_considering_houston.html

johngateswhiteley
12-05-2008, 07:23 PM
where is brutalis? all that bagging on Houston Nutt...and all he does is have a great season for Ol' Miss and beat florida. now Auburn wants to hire him...yep, sounds like he was a real problem at arkanasa, lol.

BUMP
12-06-2008, 12:50 PM
:lol

Leach does this every year, he's not going anywhere

like i was saying, every year somebody wants him, they interview him, see what a weird fuck he is, and then say 'no thanks':lol

jack sommerset
12-06-2008, 09:28 PM
He is going to leave.

chode_regulator
12-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Dear UT,

39-33

Your 2008 daddy

ehhh..op is a osu fan

Just fyi, tuscaloosa is Bama. Auburn is located in Auburn, Alabama.

owned

Spurtacus
12-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Dear UT,

39-33

Your 2008 daddy

Dear Tech,

Enjoy the Cotton Bowl.

cash459
12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
If Tech & Florida both win their bowl games (& UT), then it will add to the evidence of how screwed up this system is. :bang

samikeyp
12-07-2008, 09:41 PM
If Tech & Florida both win their bowl games (& UT), then it will add to the evidence of how screwed up this system is. :bang

Agreed.

Now that the regular season is over, I hope Tech wins by 30. I want a Big 12 sweep. :toast

LaMarcus Bryant
12-07-2008, 11:22 PM
LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL Tech fan peepee so, so small, they attack Horn fan to prove their own douchebaggery.

ROFL

Mike Leach would change the SEC if he went there and managed to get his hands on some recruits. Even though Auburn would suck, they'd still get the best of a good team every now and then.

Blake
12-08-2008, 09:01 AM
ehhh..op is a osu fan

who is "op"

owned

wow, zing. He got me good. :sleep

Blake
12-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Dear Tech,

Enjoy the Cotton Bowl.

Thanks! Planning on it.

samikeyp
12-08-2008, 10:33 AM
"OP" is "original poster" meaning the person who started the thread.

I hope the Cotton Bowl has the same score as the last time Tech was there...only with Tech on the winning end. 55-14

Blake
12-08-2008, 10:56 AM
"OP" is "original poster" meaning the person who started the thread.

I hope the Cotton Bowl has the same score as the last time Tech was there...only with Tech on the winning end. 55-14

learn something new every day. JT is a horn.

I don't know much about Ole Miss except they have a solid front four that might give Harrell problems.

Tech seems to have problems with bowl games. I think it has a lot to do with the layoff in which they lose their offensive rhythm. It took them until they reached the 4th quarter in the Insight Bowl and last year's Gator Bowl to get it going to get the win.

Blake
12-08-2008, 11:07 AM
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 6, 2008, 6:27 PM ET

LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech made a formal contract offer Friday to coach Mike Leach, a five-year deal worth $12.1 million.

The offer was first reported by the Dallas Morning News.

Leach is already signed through 2010, and this would extend him to 2013. He could not immediately be reached for comment by the Associated Press on Friday.

Athletic director Gerald Myers said the last three years of the contract would pay Leach a total of $7 million.

A school source told ESPN.com that Leach is expected to sign the contract in the next 48 hours.

"We made what we think is a good offer," Myers told the Dallas Morning News. "It's an offer we feel that's fiscally responsible with all the other obligations in the department. We think it's a good, fair offer. We want Mike to be our coach and hopefully he will accept it."

Myers did not immediately return a phone message from the AP on Friday.

Texas Tech chancellor Kent Hance said he hopes having an offer in place will calm fears that Leach is leaving.

"I feel that it's a great deal for Mike," Hance told the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. "I hope he'll accept it and that we can get back to doing the important thing of recruiting and stop these rumors that don't help Texas Tech. We like Mike, and we want to keep him."

Leach took the No. 8 Red Raiders (11-1) to their best record since 1973, only the third time in the program's 84 years the team tallied 11 wins. The 10-0 start was the program's first since 1938, and the win over Texas was the first time Tech defeated a top-ranked team.

Leach's agent, Gary O'Hagan, did not immediately reply to a message left by the AP on Friday.

now see, this is coming first from the Dallas Morning News......

but you know, I just can't help but think the Panama City News Herald from Florida just might be on to something, even though the latest reports show Auburn not even being interested in Leach....

Blake
12-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech fan peepee small.
Attack horn fan, proving their
own douchebaggery

wow, how long did it take you to write that?

did you have any problems counting the syllables in 'douchebaggery'?