PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Comedies of the 2000's

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Me and my friend Bob were talking about the top 10 comedy movies of the 2000's at lunch...here is my list.

1.) Anchorman - It was close between the top 3 but Anchorman has the most memorable qoutes of the group, so it gets the nod. The fight scene between the networks (especially Stiller as the spanish channel) is genius..."como estas pinches!"

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DQR900C0L._SL110_.jpg

2.) Napolean Dynamite - The only good thing Jon Heder has done so far. Lots of memorable qoutes and Kip Dynamite is a genius character. Also, Uncle Rico is one of the funniest characters of all time...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lJFc4yDPL._SL110_.jpg

3.) Borat - Cohen's finest moment so far. Lots of hilarious schtick, especially when Borat is trying to kidnap Pamela Anderson...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51uGbGa68JL._SL110_.jpg

4.) Hot Rod - I know not everyone is onboard with this movie but I thought it was genius when I first saw it. The Footloose scene gets me everytime and how can you not like Grilled Cheese vs Taco...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ORMFsEBAL._SL110_.jpg

5.) 40 Year Old Virgin - Lots of memorable lines and probably Seth Rogen's funniest movie moments (yes, funnier than Knocked Up). The black dude that kept cheating on his girlfriend was funny also.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JHDEfKHbL._SL110_.jpg

6.) Tropic Thunder - The cast is top notch and even the supporting characters are big names that know how to be funny (Mcaughney and Cruise). The Simple Jack stuff and fake trailers/commercials were genius also.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51w1HILA9OL._SL110_.jpg

7.) Old School - Vince Vaughn's funniest character and Will Ferrell was great. The scene at the kid's party with the dart gets me everytime..."You're crazy man..."

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MFGXVNN8L._SL110_.jpg

8.) Walk Hard - Eventhough this movie had penis hanging everywhere, it is Reily's funniest movie. Pam from The Office is good also as Dewey's GF/Wife. Arla loves the part where he is tripping on acid and everything is animated..."Oh no, it's a bad trip!!"

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HpTBCZESL._SL110_.jpg

9.) Freddy Got Fingered - Probably me and Dave were the only people that saw this when it first came out. We thought it was genius though, especially the hospital and restuarant scenes..."i'm a hero...this is how you tread heroes around here", "this is a fancy restuarant". It has horrid reviews but I thought it was greatness. The animated scenes were great also..."look at my hoves".

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517S9ZK653L._SL500_SS100_.jpg

10.) Nacho Libre - Lots of movies could have taken this spot but I went with this one because of Black's bad (but funny) mexican accent..."eagle powers, come to me". The skinny sidekick dude is funny also (Esqueleto).

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51138XWN6BL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Honorable Mentions: Idiocracy (this almost made #10), Happiness (I wish I could find a spot for it), Superbad (it's good - not great), Dodgeball, Team America, Zoolander, Talledega Nights, Stepbrothers, Pineapple Express, Wedding Crashers, Harold & Kumer, Beerfest...

So what is your list?

Anti.Hero
12-05-2008, 04:20 PM
wedding crashers

mrsmaalox
12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm not good at making up my own lists, but I would have Zoolander near the top of my list.

ORION
12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Supertroopers

mrsmaalox
12-05-2008, 04:26 PM
See why I can't make a list? I keep remembering better ones. I would also add Shaun of the Dead to my list.

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 04:26 PM
wedding crashers

I have it in my honorable mentions, it's definitely good...

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm not good at making up my own lists, but I would have Zoolander near the top of my list.

I have it in my honorable mentions, it's definitely good...

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Supertroopers

Of the 2 movies I have seen from that group of actors, I thought Beerfest was better...

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 04:28 PM
See why I can't make a list? I keep remembering better ones. I would also add Shaun of the Dead to my list.

Never seen all of Shaun of the Dead, just bits and pieces. I thought Hot Fuzz was really funny though...

ORION
12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Of the 2 movies I have seen from that group of actors, I thought Beerfest was better...

Are you kidding me ?! You are alone on this one.

IronMexican
12-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Super Bad would be in my list. Nacho Libre would be closer to "Worst movies of the 2000's" for myself.

MiamiHeat
12-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Something's Gotta Give

It Happened One Night

Wedding Crashers

cant remember more right now

tonylongoriafan
12-05-2008, 04:38 PM
super bad

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Are you kidding me ?! You are alone on this one.

Nope, I saw both and Super Troopers was funny but not as much to me...I'm certainly open to other people's lists though, mine is purely my opinion alone.

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 04:40 PM
super bad

It's in my honorable mentions but I think it is a little overrated...

Blake
12-05-2008, 04:45 PM
There hasn't been a movie this decade that has made me laugh out loud like Old School did.

the rest of my faves are in no particular order,

1. Old School

2. Meet the Parents
3. Scary Movie 2
4. Rush Hour 2
5. Van Wilder
6. Waiting
7. Napoleon D
8. Harold and Kumar
9. White Chicks
10. Saving Silverman (might be my #2)
11. Miss Congeniality (yeah I know.....cheese)
12. Elf
13. Me, Myself and Irene
14. Along came Polly
15. Anchorman

1999 movies that just missed the date cut: American Pie and Office Space

desflood
12-05-2008, 04:49 PM
In Bruges was not a comedy, but still one of the more darkly humorous movies of the decade. A lot more funny than, say, Hot Rod or Knocked Up.

I know I'm in the minority here, but Borat was not at all funny IMHO.

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 04:52 PM
In Bruges was not a comedy, but still one of the more darkly humorous movies of the decade. A lot more funny than, say, Hot Rod or Knocked Up.

Never saw it, maybe I will rent it sometime...

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 04:52 PM

Office Space would be top 5 had it been in the 2000's...

Bigzax
12-05-2008, 04:56 PM
from all the movies posted, i seem to recall laughing hardest at saving silverman and me, myself and irene...talking first time viewing and such...seems there should be more than those listed so far though...:wakeup

desflood
12-05-2008, 05:01 PM
South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

leemajors
12-05-2008, 05:02 PM

I know I'm in the minority here, but Borat was not at all funny IMHO.

ghostrider was funnier than in bruges. pretty much any recent movie with nick cage gives me fits.

Bigzax
12-05-2008, 05:04 PM
i didn't see any of you at the theater watching office space!
damn johnny come latelies!

Fpoonsie
12-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Let's see...top 10? Can't do 'em in order, but here's my list...

1. Superbad
2. Super Troopers
3. 40 Yr Old Virgin
4. Knocked Up
5. Saving Silverman
6. Step Brothers
7. Anchorman
8. Hot Rod
9. Old School
10. Hell, I'll go w/ Kung Fu Panda. I know it's a kids movie, but it was friggin hilarious. "I mean, I didn't say that out LOUD. But, ya know, if he could read minds, he'd be like 'Whu?'".

And, Mex, Desflood is RIGHT on the money. In Bruges was a GREAT flick. Wonderfully dark humor and just a good all-around movie. I also recommend it.

hater
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
1. meet the parents
2. supertroopers
4. lil miss sunshine
5. napoleon
6. old school
7. dodgeball
8. 40 yr old virgin
9. anchorman
10. road trip

oh and how can I forget Kung Fu Hustle. that is definitely in top 10

Blake
12-05-2008, 05:10 PM

it was in the theater?

:lol

hater
12-05-2008, 05:11 PM
oh and forgot "the breakup"

desflood
12-05-2008, 05:13 PM
We saw it in the theater and then had to rent it later anyway - we missed half the damn dialogue because we were laughing so much.

Blake
12-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Let's see...top 10? Can't do 'em in order, but here's my list...

1. Superbad
2. Super Troopers
3. 40 Yr Old Virgin
4. Knocked Up
5. Saving Silverman
6. Step Brothers
7. Anchorman
8. Hot Rod
9. Old School
10. Hell, I'll go w/ Kung Fu Panda. I know it's a kids movie, but it was friggin hilarious. "I mean, I didn't say that out LOUD. But, ya know, if he could read minds, he'd be like 'Whu?'".

And, Mex, Desflood is RIGHT on the money. In Bruges was a GREAT flick. Wonderfully dark humor and just a good all-around movie. I also recommend it.

I like KF Panda......just dont know if it was the funniest movie.......

I'll also add Undercover Brother to my list......

desflood
12-05-2008, 05:16 PM
I forgot about Kung-Fu Panda. We laughed almost as hard as the kids.

tp2021
12-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Borat had its moments, but was a bit of a disappointment.
Superbad was a big disappointment.
Meet the Fockers was 100X funnier than Meet the Parents. Meet the Parents wasn't even that funny.
Napoleon Dynamite is shit.

Fpoonsie
12-05-2008, 05:22 PM
There hasn't been a movie this decade that has made me laugh out loud like Old School did.

the rest of my faves are in no particular order,

1. Old School

2. Meet the Parents
3. Scary Movie 2
4. Rush Hour 2
5. Van Wilder
6. Waiting
7. Napoleon D
8. Harold and Kumar
9. White Chicks
10. Saving Silverman (might be my #2)
11. Miss Congeniality (yeah I know.....cheese)
12. Elf
13. Me, Myself and Irene
14. Along came Polly
15. Anchorman

Cheese and RICE, Blake! And all this time, I thought your shitty taste was limited to collegiate programs. White Chicks? Scary Movie 2?? ALONG CAME POLLY??? :wow W/ the exception of a choice few on there, that's quite a horrific list.

And DAMN you for semi-complimenting my choice of Kung Fu Panda. It takes SO much steam off of my mini rant, you bastard.

Blake
12-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Borat had its moments, but was a bit of a disappointment.
Superbad was a big disappointment.
Meet the Fockers was 100X funnier than Meet the Parents. Meet the Parents wasn't even that funny.
Napoleon Dynamite is shit.

people's different tastes in what's funny blows me away.

I agree with Borat and Superbad, but I was snoozing through MTF.......while MTP cracks me up every time.

I did not laugh at all at Napoleon the first time I saw it. I laughed my butt off the 3rd time I saw it.

Blake
12-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Cheese and RICE, Blake! And all this time, I thought your shitty taste was limited to collegiate programs. White Chicks? Scary Movie 2?? ALONG CAME POLLY??? :wow W/ the exception of a choice few on there, that's quite a horrific list.

And DAMN you for semi-complimenting my choice of Kung Fu Panda. It takes SO much steam off of my mini rant, you bastard.

sorry Fpoon.....you would have legitimitate reasons to shoot down my list........but you listing KF Panda instantly nullifies you dissing me.

White Chicks: "Making my way downtown" when he plays it for the big dude cracked me up.

Scary Movie 2: I dunno....I have no answer......just that the butler with the farked up hand stirring the mashed potatoes got me laughing.

Along Came Polly: "I sharted" :lol :lol :lol

at least you didnt dog me for Miss Congenialty or Rush Hour.......phew.

tp2021
12-05-2008, 05:29 PM
people's different tastes in what's funny blows me away.

I agree with Borat and Superbad, but I was snoozing through MTF.......while MTP cracks me up every time.

I did not laugh at all at Napoleon the first time I saw it. I laughed my butt off the 3rd time I saw it.

To me, MTP wasn't a comedy, just a bland story with crazy happenings sprinkled throughout. In MTF, the characters were what provided the comedy. I loved Dustin Hoffman as the dad.

Yeah, Napoleon might be funny after multiple times, knowing when stupid shit is gonna happen, but it wasn't good enough the first time for me to want to sit through it again. Laughing is more because you are making fun of it, and not because its funny.

BruceBowenFan
12-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I dont see how tropic thunder is up there, i couldn't even finish watching the movie.

Blake
12-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I dont see how tropic thunder is up there, i couldn't even finish watching the movie.

wow, me neither.

I'm glad I'm not alone there. I thought the idea was funny, but I never laughed if that makes sense.

Fpoonsie
12-05-2008, 05:40 PM
sorry Fpoon.....you would have legitimitate reasons to shoot down my list........but you listing KF Panda instantly nullifies you dissing me.

White Chicks: "Making my way downtown" when he plays it for the big dude cracked me up.

Scary Movie 2: I dunno....I have no answer......just that the butler with the farked up hand stirring the mashed potatoes got me laughing.

Along Came Polly: "I sharted" :lol :lol :lol

at least you didnt dog me for Miss Congenialty or Rush Hour.......phew.

Whaaaaatever. I tossed KFP in w/ a bit of a disclaimer; you, on the other, less-funny hand, threw WAITING out there like it should almost be understood.

I can't, w/ a healthy conscience, jeer you for Miss Congeniality or RH. Both are somewhat guilty pleasures for me...however, if you're gonna list RH, go w/ the original. Shanghai Noon is also on my GP list. That, and Sandra Bullock is a FOX.

I still stand by my critique. You have surprisingly TERRIBLE taste in "tha funny", being a particularly funny guy yourself. I guess I expected more. [shaking head in bewildered disappointment]

Fpoonsie
12-05-2008, 05:41 PM
wow, me neither.

I'm glad I'm not alone there. I thought the idea was funny, but I never laughed if that makes sense.

Agreed. It was fucking terrible. I only laughed when the black guy came out. RDjr and Jack Black's responses to him were classic.

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 05:44 PM
wow, me neither.

I think you 2 are in the minority on this...every person I've talked to about it thought it was pretty much genius...

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 05:45 PM

Agreed, I thought the 2nd one was funnier than the first one...neither I would put as top 10 though...

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 05:46 PM
I forgot about Kung-Fu Panda. We laughed almost as hard as the kids.

I liked Kung Fu Panda but I didn't think it was all that hilarious...just pleasantly funny for a kids movie.

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 05:47 PM
oh and forgot "the breakup"

Outside of a few funny Vince Vaughn moments, I thought that movie was more depressing than comedic...

IronMexican
12-05-2008, 05:58 PM
When I think of movies like South Park, they remind me of when I use to go to the movies. Before bootlegs took over the world.

The Franchise
12-05-2008, 06:02 PM
No Bad Santa?

IronMexican
12-05-2008, 06:05 PM
No Bad Santa?

Damn, I totallt forgot about that movie. It would make the lower half of my top 10.

mexicanjunior
12-05-2008, 06:07 PM
No Bad Santa?

I've only seen bits and pieces of it...I should rent it.

Lackluster
12-05-2008, 06:22 PM
1. the original kings of comedy
2. superbad
3. anchorman
4. grandma's boy
5. napoleon dynamite
6. wet hot american summer
7. super troopers
8. 40 year old virgin
9. harold and kumar
10. sideways

jcrod
12-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Me and my friend Bob were talking about the top 10 comedy movies of the 2000's at lunch...here is my list.

1.) Anchorman - It was close between the top 3 but Anchorman has the most memorable qoutes of the group, so it gets the nod. The fight scene between the networks (especially Stiller as the spanish channel) is genius..."como estas pinches!"

2.) Napolean Dynamite - The only good thing Jon Heder has done so far. Lots of memorable qoutes and Kip Dynamite is a genius character. Also, Uncle Rico is one of the funniest characters of all time...

3.) Borat - Cohen's finest moment so far. Lots of hilarious schtick, especially when Borat is trying to kidnap Pamela Anderson...

4.) Hot Rod - I know not everyone is onboard with this movie but I thought it was genius when I first saw it. The Footloose scene gets me everytime and how can you not like Grilled Cheese vs Taco...

5.) 40 Year Old Virgin - Lots of memorable lines and probably Seth Rogen's funniest movie moments (yes, funnier than Knocked Up). The black dude that kept cheating on his girlfriend was funny also.

6.) Tropic Thunder - The cast is top notch and even the supporting characters are big names that know how to be funny (Mcaughney and Cruise). The Simple Jack stuff and fake trailers/commercials were genius also.

7.) Old School - Vince Vaughn's funniest character and Will Ferrell was great. The scene at the kid's party with the dart gets me everytime..."You're crazy man..."

8.) Walk Hard - Eventhough this movie had penis hanging everywhere, it is Reily's funniest movie. Pam from The Office is good also as Dewey's GF/Wife. Arla loves the part where he is tripping on acid and everything is animated..."Oh no, it's a bad trip!!"

9.) Freddy Got Fingered - Probably me and Dave were the only people that saw this when it first came out. We thought it was genius though, especially the hospital and restuarant scenes..."i'm a hero...this is how you tread heroes around here", "this is a fancy restuarant". It has horrid reviews but I thought it was greatness. The animated scenes were great also..."look at my hoves".

10.) Nacho Libre - Lots of movies could have taken this spot but I went with this one because of Black's bad (but funny) mexican accent..."eagle powers, come to me". The skinny sidekick dude is funny also (Esqueleto).

Honorable Mentions: Idiocracy (this almost made #10), Happiness (I wish I could find a spot for it), Superbad (it's good - not great), Dodgeball, Team America, Zoolander, Talledega Nights, Stepbrothers, Pineapple Express, Wedding Crashers, Harold & Kumer, Beerfest...

So what is your list?

I don't know all the movies that were in 2000, but there has to be better movies than the list you put up. Most of those movies suck.

manufor3
12-05-2008, 06:34 PM
you forgot dumb and dumber!

baseline bum
12-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Superbad, Anchorman, and Super Troopers are my top 3.

tp2021
12-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Wedding Crashers is funny. Not Top 10 funny.

BruceBowenFan
12-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Here is my list.

1.Old School
2.40 Year old Virgin
3.Super Troopers
4.Stepbrothers
5.Grandma's Boy
6.Forgetting Sarah Marshall
7.Super Bad
8.Road Trip
9.BeerFest
10.Not Another Teen Movie

desflood
12-05-2008, 08:36 PM
:lmao @ Grandma's Boy.

"Don't judge me, monkey."

TwAnKiEs
12-05-2008, 09:49 PM
:lmao @ Grandma's Boy.

"Don't judge me, monkey."

:lmao "What's High score... did I break it?"

Sexdrive

G'mas boy

Superbad

BruceBowenFan
12-05-2008, 10:06 PM
"But it's a fucking sweet car"

MiamiHeat
12-05-2008, 10:31 PM
holy crap

how could I forgotten THE BIG LEBOWSKI

my new updated list :

- Something's gotta give
- It Happened One NIght
- The Big Lebowski
- Wedding Crashers

Southwest Texas Fan
12-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Wedding Crashers
Meet the Parents

Fermixalot
12-06-2008, 01:08 AM
This is a tough one.

1. Hot Fuzz
2. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
3. Super Troopers
4. Shaun of the Dead
5. Anchorman
6. Team America: World Police
7. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
8. Knocked Up
9. Thank You For Smoking
10. Pineapple Express

Some others are:
Superbad, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, In Bruges, Grandma's Boy, Meet the Robinsons, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

I didn't get the big deal with tropic thunder either. It was ok, but after the huge build up I expected so much more.

florige
12-06-2008, 01:25 AM
I have got to buy Supertroopers. That seems to be the one consistent on everyones list.

BruceBowenFan
12-06-2008, 01:39 AM
I have got to buy Supertroopers. That seems to be the one consistent on everyones list.

the movie is a classic

tp2021
12-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Grandma's Boy is awesome!

"Please. Sit. On My. Face!"

BruceBowenFan
12-06-2008, 01:50 AM
Grandma's Boy is awesome!

"Please. Sit. On My. Face!"

"Your shits weak, wizzeak"

mookie2001
12-06-2008, 11:40 AM
snowdogs

PM5K
12-06-2008, 11:52 AM
I was waiting for someone to mention Hot Fuzz, very funny movie.

I also liked Not Another Teen Movie.

Bender
12-06-2008, 07:16 PM
In Bruges was not a comedy, but still one of the more darkly humorous movies of the decade.
I have that on my Netflix queue, about 6 or 7 down. Wasn't sure if I want to leave it on the list or not...

jman3000
12-06-2008, 07:40 PM
My top few in no particular order:

1: Hot Rod "My name is Rod, and I like to party"
2: Kung Pow "My nipples look like MilkDuds"
3: Super Troopers "Hey! Bear fucker!"
4: Eurotrip "Escusi Escusi!"
5: Beerfest "I was plumb surprised"
6: Anchorman "I killed a man with a trident"
7: Sorority Boys "What flavor gum? Big juicy cock?"
8: Not Another Teen Movie "Ew! She has a pony tail! and GLASSES!"
and that's all i can think of at the moment that are worth mentioning.

*grandman's boy had a few really good moments... i've only seen it twice so i can't remember how much i liked it.

**old school is ok... ill watch it if it's on, but i wont take it outta the dvd case.

leemajors
12-06-2008, 09:59 PM
This is a tough one.

1. Hot Fuzz
2. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
3. Super Troopers
4. Shaun of the Dead
5. Anchorman
6. Team America: World Police
7. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
8. Knocked Up
9. Thank You For Smoking
10. Pineapple Express

Some others are:
Superbad, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, In Bruges, Grandma's Boy, Meet the Robinsons, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

I didn't get the big deal with tropic thunder either. It was ok, but after the huge build up I expected so much more.

interesting. Life Aquatic is Wes Anderson's worst movie, easily. It's decent, but can't hang with any of his others imo.

mookie2001
12-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Life Aquatic is Wes Anderson's worst movie
the life aquatic may be mankinds worst movie

chode_regulator
12-06-2008, 11:06 PM
home alone?

billy madison?

tommy boy?

seriusly though.....super troopers, superbad, ricky bobby (gets funnier every time still) meet the parents, grandma's boy, old school, wedding crashers, elf, no particular order

just mising other than previous listed is big lebowski.....all time geratest movei ever

Slinkyman
12-06-2008, 11:35 PM
home alone?

billy madison?

tommy boy?

seriusly though.....super troopers, superbad, ricky bobby (gets funnier every time still) meet the parents, grandma's boy, old school, wedding crashers, elf, no particular order

just mising other than previous listed is big lebowski.....all time geratest movei ever

Top 10 comedies of the 2000's so the title says, Billy madison, tommy boy don't count, nor does home alone.

Whisky Dog
12-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Grandma's Boy... Greatness.

To this day I still refer to that actor as "Shit's Weak", as in "Did you know "shit's weak" is in that movie?"

chode_regulator
12-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Top 10 comedies of the 2000's so the title says, Billy madison, tommy boy don't count, nor does home alone.

ehhhh...you apparently missed the part where i said "seriously though..."

reading over joo........noob

edit:bc i really want aware that home alone was made in 1990.....dumbass....i hope people like you dont vote

MiamiHeat
12-07-2008, 04:18 AM
lol

i totally ignored the part about "2000's" i thought it was top 10 comedies alltime

Xolotl
12-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Next Friday (I know this one is corny but Mike Epps made it funny)
Knocked Up

Slinkyman
12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
ehhhh...you apparently missed the part where i said "seriously though..."

reading over joo........noob

edit:bc i really want aware that home alone was made in 1990.....dumbass....i hope people like you dont vote

"you really WANT aware"? my reading is as bad as your writing, and did you call me a noob? speaking of the 1990's...

Bender
12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
that can't be from the 2000's

Slydragon
12-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Not the funnest of the year but this part made me LMAO hare core for some reason.

"WTF man, That's what the siren's for"

25 sec mark

h9XNPO_J1vg

thispego
12-07-2008, 10:26 PM

So what is your list?

holy shit this list sucks. you must not be funny at all

AFBlue
12-07-2008, 10:42 PM
that can't be from the 2000's

Right....The Big Lebowski is from '98.

AFBlue
12-07-2008, 10:43 PM
My top would have to be Old School

The rest...not sure.

mexicanjunior
12-08-2008, 01:28 PM
holy shit this list sucks. you must not be funny at all

You not having a list is the funniest part of all... :rolleyes

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2008, 01:42 PM
jackass 2

ATRAIN
12-08-2008, 01:56 PM
jackass 2

The Jackass movies had me laughing the hardest in the theatre but I dont give them any reply value.

Supertroopers
40 year old virgin
grandma's boy
super bad
beerfest
old school
hot fuzz
harold and kumar movies

Too many others to name but a lot have been mentioned

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Freddy Got Fingered is extremely under rated.

ATRAIN
12-08-2008, 02:07 PM

I think he said Como Estas..........bitches

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2008, 02:10 PM
No he says pinches.

BruceBowenFan
12-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Not the funnest of the year but this part made me LMAO hare core for some reason.

"WTF man, That's what the siren's for"

25 sec mark

h9XNPO_J1vg

a classic scene

ORION
12-08-2008, 02:27 PM
spies like us

ATRAIN
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
spies like us

2000's you R Tard

monosylab1k
12-08-2008, 02:35 PM

06Eutg4_Igo

ORION
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
2000's you R Tard

yeah I know but still one of my favorites.

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2008, 02:51 PM
40 Million Deutsche Marks!

tp2021
12-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Dodgeball anyone?

Bender
12-08-2008, 03:06 PM
that would be at the top of my list...

as the worst movies I've ever seen, that is

thispego
12-08-2008, 03:14 PM
You not having a list is the funniest part of all... :rolleyes

see?? you think things are funny that are not funny

I Love Me Some Me
12-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Just off the top of my head, and in no particular order

Anchorman
Old School
40 Year Old Virgin
Mr. Deeds
Wedding Crashers
Talladega Nights
Road Trip
Hoodwinked
Super Troopers
Orange County (either everyone forgot about this one, or I'm the only one who thought it was funny)

mexicanjunior
12-08-2008, 04:30 PM
see?? you think things are funny that are not funny

Including your posts... :toast

Fpoonsie
12-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Prolly take Kung Fu Panda off my list and add Forgettin Sarah Marshall. Had me rollin...

I'm surprised not a SINGLE person has mentioned this movie yet...am I in the minority w/ this one?

Blake
12-08-2008, 05:32 PM
caddyshack anyone?

mexicanjunior
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Prolly take Kung Fu Panda off my list and add Forgettin Sarah Marshall. Had me rollin...

I'm surprised not a SINGLE person has mentioned this movie yet...am I in the minority w/ this one?

I liked FSM and I watched a TBS show that had it as the best comedy of 2008...I just didn't think it was top 10 material.

CuckingFunt
12-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Not in order, and off the top of my head:

O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Hot Fuzz
Superbad
40 Year Old Virgin
Burn After Reading
Little Miss Sunshine
Dodgeball
Borat
Nurse Betty
Shaun of the Dead

EDIT: Scratch Nurse Betty and add Made.

dirk4mvp
12-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Napoleon Dynamite is on of the worst movies of this generation.

monosylab1k
12-08-2008, 10:12 PM
The Beach
Don's Plum
Catch Me If You Can
Gangs Of New York
The Aviator
Blood Diamond
The Departed
The 11th Hour
Body Of Lies
Revolutionary Road

Not all of them are comedies, but every one of those films transcends genre as well as space, time, and beauty.

BruceBowenFan
12-09-2008, 01:49 AM

Its number 6 on my list.

Leetonidas
12-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Forgetting Sarah Marshall is funny as fuck. I say that is definitely the funniest I've seen this decade.

Blake
12-09-2008, 09:17 AM
The Beach
Don's Plum
Catch Me If You Can
Gangs Of New York
The Aviator
Blood Diamond
The Departed
The 11th Hour
Body Of Lies
Revolutionary Road

Not all of them are comedies, but every one of those films transcends genre as well as space, time, and beauty.

Im sensing a leo theme here.... :lol

chreph
12-09-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm terrible at putting together lists but I'll give it a shot

Anchorman
Old School
40 Year Old Virgin
Knocked Up
Superbad
Reno 911
Nacho Libre
Clerks 2 (surprised no one else had that on their list)
Dodgeball
Juno (again, not brought up anywhere)

HM: Grandma's Boy, Get Smart, the 2nd Austin Powers movie, Shrek (first one only), There's Something about Mary, and I've enjoyed most Adam Sandler films to come out since 2000 (but none THAT much) lol

Dr. Gonzo
12-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Forgetting Sarah Marshall is funny as fuck. I say that is definitely the funniest I've seen this decade.

That movie was fucking terrible. TERRIBLE. I can't believe people actually enjoyed this shit.

Dr. Gonzo
12-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Zack and Miri is now in my top 10.

chreph
12-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Zack and Miri is now in my top 10.

I'm expecting that movie, Sex Drive, and Step Brothers (bought it last week but haven't been able to watch it) to make the list as well but I haven't seen them yet so hopefully I'm not disappointed

I never saw "Into the Wilderness" either and didn't hear a damn thing about it after it's release on DVD so it must have been terrible :(

Fpoonsie
12-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Its number 6 on my list.

Oh. Cool. Sorry I missed ya. :toast

mrsmaalox
12-09-2008, 11:07 AM
I forgot I really loved "Best in Show" and "A Mighty Wind" from the Christopher Guest gang.

mexicanjunior
12-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm terrible at putting together lists but I'll give it a shot

Anchorman
Old School
40 Year Old Virgin
Knocked Up
Superbad
Reno 911
Nacho Libre
Clerks 2 (surprised no one else had that on their list)
Dodgeball
Juno (again, not brought up anywhere)

HM: Grandma's Boy, Get Smart, the 2nd Austin Powers movie, Shrek (first one only), There's Something about Mary, and I've enjoyed most Adam Sandler films to come out since 2000 (but none THAT much) lol

I think "There's Something About Mary" is pre-2000's...Never saw Clerks 2.

Dr. Gonzo
12-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Clerks 2 is fucking classic. I hold the first one a bit higher simply because it was a ground breaking comedy of sorts.

CuckingFunt
12-09-2008, 12:06 PM
I forgot I really loved "Best in Show" and "A Mighty Wind" from the Christopher Guest gang.

I couldn't remember whether or not Best in Show was post-2000. If so, it'd be on my list, too.

Fpoonsie
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Clerks 2 is fucking classic. I hold the first one a bit higher simply because it was a ground breaking comedy of sorts.

Well, see, there ya go. I thought Clerks 2 was fucking horrible. I couldn't BELIEVE they thought that was a worthy sequel. And yet, I LOVED FSM (sarah marshall, not spaghetti monster)

To each his own, I guess.

Dex
12-09-2008, 12:40 PM
There's a lot of funny movies mentioned here, but these are the ones I could go home tonight and watch and still enjoy.

1) Anchorman
2) Superbad
3) Napoleon Dynamite
4) Dodgeball
5) Super Troopers
6) Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
7) Meet the Fockers
8) Semi-Pro
9) Zoolander
10) Bad Santa

Honorable mentions: Shaun of the Dead, Old School, 40-Year-Old Virgin, Clerks II

Movies on the list I didn't like: Hot Rod, Nacho Libre, Elf, Wedding Crashers, Van Wilder (:vomit:)

Just Missed the Millenium: Big Lebowski, Office Space, There's Something About Mary

Have not seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall yet, but after seeing the mentions in here, I might need to give it a shot.

Dex
12-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh, and Scary Movie was funny. Scary Movie 2 had it's moments. But it was not worth the god-awful trend of __________ Movie's that has spawned from it.

:pctoss

mexicanjunior
12-09-2008, 01:03 PM
8) Semi-Pro

I went into "Semi-Pro" with alot of excitement and ready to laugh...I came out thoroughly disappointed. Ferrell was the unfunniest I had ever seen him...the only parts that made me giggle were when Andre 3000 gives up the layup while celebrating his 3 pointer and Jackie Moon's sexy song...

Dex
12-09-2008, 01:05 PM
I went into "Semi-Pro" with alot of excitement and ready to laugh...I came out thoroughly disappointed. Ferrell was the unfunniest I had ever seen him...the only parts that made me giggle were when Andre 3000 gives up the layup while celebrating his 3 pointer and Jackie Moon's sexy song...

Semi-Pro is probably the only one on my list I won't stand behind as a classic comedy, but it's a personal favorite.

monosylab1k
12-09-2008, 02:03 PM
That movie was fucking terrible. TERRIBLE. I can't believe people actually enjoyed this shit.

yeah IMO forgetting sarah marshall was a shitty movie that had a few really funny moments. i laughed a lot at it, but overall i really didn't like the movie at all.

BruceBowenFan
12-09-2008, 02:26 PM

No way dude, Semi-Pro was funny as hell. Mega Bowl.

Spurminator
12-18-2008, 10:24 AM
There is not nearly enough Team America: World Police love in this thread.

Shame on you all.

sa_butta
12-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Other honorable mentions

Emperor's New Groove
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
Joe Dirt
Kicking & Screaming
Shrek
Without a paddle
Whole Nine Yards
Step Brothers
Snatch
Rush Hour 2

I Love Me Some Me
12-18-2008, 11:29 AM

Shame on you all.

Minus the theme song, it's not that funny.

CuckingFunt
12-18-2008, 01:07 PM

Shame on you all.

If I left it off my list, it was an oversight.

desflood
12-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Thank You for Smoking was funny as hell.

Can't believe I forgot about this one! Didn't see it in anybody's list.

Leetonidas
12-22-2008, 01:38 AM
I don't think I could make a top 10, but I know for a fact that Forgetting Sarah Marshall is number one.

Leetonidas
12-22-2008, 01:40 AM

You're obviously a complete douche.

PM5K
01-01-2009, 02:42 AM
yeah IMO forgetting sarah marshall was a shitty movie that had a few really funny moments. i laughed a lot at it, but overall i really didn't like the movie at all.

Yeah, um, it's a comedy, if they made you laugh a lot, umm, then it's a good comedy...

I feel like Lumbergh.....

FSM belongs on every single one of your top ten lists..

Dr. Gonzo
01-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah, um, it's a comedy, if they made you laugh a lot, umm, then it's a good comedy...

That movie was shit. I didn't laugh once.

monosylab1k
01-01-2009, 02:42 PM

Funny moments don't equal a good movie. The movie was retarded, the story was stupid, the acting sucked, it was cheesy as hell, but there were some funny moments.

So no, just because I laughed alot doesn't make it a good movie. I laughed a lot at Freddie Got Fingered.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Off the top of my head:

Me, Myself, & Irene
Anchorman
Superbad
Yes Man
Shaun of the Dead
40 Year Old Virgin
Undercover Brother
Stealing Harvard
Reno 911!: Miami
Hot Fuzz

Last cuts: Bruce Almighty, Wedding Crashers, Knocked Up

Spurminator
01-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I wish the FSM DVD had a full version of the Dracula puppet musical. I might buy the DVD just for that.

whottt
01-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Will Ferrell sucks...I can't believe so many of his movies are listed.

I don't go see many comedies(probably because most of them have Will Ferrell in them) but some of the best ones I remember seeing:

Saving Silverman
Get Smart(not only was it funny, but I think it's the best movie adaptation of a TV show ever)
Team America
Tropic Thunder
Meet the Parents
The Pink Panther

Biernutz
01-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Three more for the list if they haven't been posted yet--

Orange County
Fever Pitch
Shallow Hal