PDA

View Full Version : whose better...lakers or boston

nbachamps2008
12-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Don't know if its been posted haven't seen it..just curious for the west take..all on east coast are going with celts and I have to agree and I hate boston passionately

scanry
12-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Don't know if its been posted haven't seen it..just curious for the west take..all on east coast are going with celts and I have to agree and I hate boston passionately

Right now you got to go with the C's. And BTW Lakers might self implode this year. They have far too many primadona's on their team. Ironically, their biggest primadona is acting like their leader now, but imo his team mates don't respect him. Why do you have players like Odom & Bynum complaining when they are 17-2. Kobe should put the clamps on those two bums.

BlackBellamy
12-05-2008, 07:52 PM

Boston of the two. If I got to choose the final this year, I'd like a 2005 rematch.

nbachamps2008
12-05-2008, 07:55 PM
see thats why I wanted for a western team opinion makes its interesting to those out on the east coast who dont have the luxury to keep up on the great info you provided

BlackBellamy
12-05-2008, 08:02 PM
see thats why I wanted for a western team opinion makes its interesting to those out on the east coast who dont have the luxury to keep up on the great info you provided

I wouldn't call it great info, more opinion at this point in the season. And it might stem from living in Bean town for a bit, my love of the Spurs, my unbridled hatred of the Lakers and having more than a little respect for the Pistons. But 'preciate it.

angelbelow
12-05-2008, 08:36 PM
at THIS point i would take celtics. but its still early so we'll see.

baseline bum
12-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Probably LA with how good Ariza has looked when I've watched them.

BlackBellamy
12-05-2008, 10:32 PM
In San Antonio this is like asking the question, 'Do you prefer to eat cat turds or dog turds?'.

alchemist
12-05-2008, 10:48 PM
dislike both teams equally but right now it's easily the Celtics, no question.

Lakers_55
12-05-2008, 10:52 PM
it's early in the year. Boston is playing better, but we have the team can beat them if we meet again in June.

Brazil
12-05-2008, 10:55 PM
I would say for the moment Boston then lakers then spurs :)

JamStone
12-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Boston hasn't been playing that well offensively yet this season, and yet they're still 19-2. That's crazy. None of their main three stars have had great seasons up so far. Offense can come and go from game to game, but what separates the Celtics from the Lakers is Boston consistently competing at the defensive end every single game. Their defense is really the hallmark of how great a team they are. That's why they are a better team than the Lakers right now and probably will be at the end of the season.

wisnub
12-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Boston is the best team in NBA, second is Lakers and third Spurs..if its possible I want to reverse this starting with Spurs,Lakers,... :lol

manufor3
12-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Why is this in the spurs forum?

BlackBellamy
12-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Why is this in the spurs forum?

Nice input.

weebo
12-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Spurs.

Obstructed_View
12-05-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't know, but I'd like to see the Spurs go through both of them in the playoffs.

mystargtr34
12-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Suns/Mavs
Rockets
Lakers
Celtics

That would be a nice run.

samikeyp
12-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Boston

peskypesky
12-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Celtics

mrspurs
12-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Boston hasn't been playing that well offensively yet this season, and yet they're still 19-2. That's crazy. None of their main three stars have had great seasons up so far. Offense can come and go from game to game, but what separates the Celtics from the Lakers is Boston consistently competing at the defensive end every single game. Their defense is really the hallmark of how great a team they are. That's why they are a better team than the Lakers right now and probably will be at the end of the season.

Sounds about right.

Allanon
12-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Celtics will get a beatdown on Christmas Day.

Danny.Zhu
12-06-2008, 12:52 AM

The question should be, over which team do Spurs have a bigger chance when in the playoffs?

Capt Bringdown
12-06-2008, 01:14 AM
It hurts me to say this as a Spurs fan, but the Celts and Lakers deserve a lot of credit for restoring interest to the NBA regular season. They've been kicking ass for the past 2 regular seasons in a way that the Spurs, during their championship runs, never did. I fully expect that one of 'em will win the title this year, barring injuries. The level of talent on either of those squads has convinced me more than anything that the Spurs title years are over, barring a major talent upgrade for our team.

TDMVPDPOY
12-06-2008, 04:34 AM
imo both of those teams are playing healthy atm

while the rest of the league teams are struggling with injuries, could explain difference in win/loss column....

Brazil
12-06-2008, 07:57 AM
The question should be, over which team do Spurs have a bigger chance when in the playoffs?

good question, I would say Boston, we can play their game and defeat them on their strenght

SpurSupremacist
12-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Cleveland, easily.

Capt Bringdown
12-06-2008, 08:13 AM
That's the team we got to beat to get to the NBA finals,no questions about it.

Or better, get lucky and someone else beat them. When PJ's Lakers face the Spurs in the playoffs, the result is usually horrific for Spurs fans. More often than not.

SpurSupremacist
12-06-2008, 09:09 AM
i don't see any other experienced/talented team in the west to beat the Lakers in a 7 games series.
The Rockets are rolling right now,but I'm not sure if there is enough Chimestry yet between Artets and the rest of the guys.
N.O is a talented team,but not too experiences just yet .
Denver is gonna cool down come playoff time.
Dallas will choke as usual.
Portland is very young,even younger tham the Hornets, great team foundation for the future though.

That being said, I only see a Healthy Spurs team beating up the Lakers in the playoffs,mainly for all the years the big 3 +Bruce and Pop have been working together,and also because our bench got way better tham last season.

I definitely know the Spurs and Hornets can beat the Lakers, and maybe even Phoenix or Dallas, they match up well.

Dallas may not have the inside scoring, but they have good low post defenders and rebounders to keep them off the glass. They have good scoring and pretty good athletes as well. I just don't know who guards Kobe, unless Gerald Green can make strides.

If Phoenix could trade Barbosa for a solid big man, they could be really dangerous. I don't think Robin Lopez is the answer, not yet at least. Bell knows how to get under Kobe's skin. And you can't tell me the diesel wouldn't be fired up for this series, either. I don't care how old he is, he can still score inside and grab boards when he's motivated to do so.

SpurSupremacist
12-06-2008, 09:19 AM
the thing with the Suns is that nash dont feel confortable playing Half court Spurs kind of basketball.
The guy was made to run and gun,just look back at the Mavs when he was there,and the suns untill last season.
He is a guy who like to run and run and run, and the thing is:run and gun type of teams usually run of gas by the playoffs.
Defense wins championships, and that's a word that don't exist in Nash's dictionary.

To Nash's credit, he tries to play defense. He just has serious athletic limitations. I agree Nash is suited for a free-flowing offense, as is Amare, but I think they'll figure it out eventually. I'm thinking they will go back to more of their old style on offense and just let Shaq rebound and clog the paint, and not worry about feeding him on postups. I think if they stick to their current offensive style, you might see Porter fired around the all-star break.

Capt Bringdown
12-06-2008, 08:04 PM
That being said, I only see a Healthy Spurs team beating up the Lakers in the playoffs,mainly for all the years the big 3 +Bruce and Pop have been working together,and also because our bench got way better tham last season.

The injury aspect is a given. My only hope against the Lakers is that our new players bring a new energy to the equation. Unfortunately, I think the Lakers have crawled inside our head and pretty much own us at this point. I'm tired of watching us lay down against those f*ckers. No more fetal position guys!

daslicer
12-06-2008, 10:21 PM
The injury aspect is a given. My only hope against the Lakers is that our new players bring a new energy to the equation. Unfortunately, I think the Lakers have crawled inside our head and pretty much own us at this point. I'm tired of watching us lay down against those f*ckers. No more fetal position guys!

Honestly losing to them last year I don't think it was mental is more physical. The spurs were physically beat up from the Hornets series. Keep in mind that series dragging 7 games didn't help along with the spurs only get 1 day to prepare for the WCF. Then factor in the city of NO being a bitch and not letting the spurs sleep in any hotels after game 7 due to their plane breaking down and thus created the perfect storm for the Lakers last year. Lakers had several days off to prepare along with Manu having a broken ankle. Despite all that bs the spurs had an opportunity every game except game 2. In game 1 they were up 20 points but couldn't maintain it due the bench not being productive and the Lakers bench rallying them back. The spurs had nobody off their bench who could score absolutly nobody except Manu but he wasn't Manu so there wasn't shit they could do to offset guys like Farmar,Vujacic, when they got hot which in every game which happened. I remember game 4 the infamous Dfish game they nearly still won despite the lakers bench killing them. In game game 5 they were also up by 20 and again it was guys like Vujacic,Farmar that burned them.

I think this year having Mason and Hill will give the spurs enough power off the bench to deal with Farmar,Vujacic. They still have a deeper bench but I feel the spurs have enough to get by against them. Also keep in mind last year the spurs were really the big 2 instead of the big 3 due to Manu's injury which allowed the lakers to defensively lock into the spurs. I refuse to believe Dfish has some mental edge over Parker considering Parker bitchslapped him all over the court in '07.

Danny.Zhu
12-06-2008, 10:48 PM

You have to compare Spurs with Lakers. Lakers has added up Bynum this year and Gasol has had better chemistry with other team mates in his second year. What Spurs has done is not worth mentioning.

zhougc
12-06-2008, 11:45 PM
I don't know, but I'd like to see the Spurs go through both of them in the playoffs.
so do i . hahahahaha

jemanuel
12-07-2008, 01:17 AM
NAH!!! Thanks for asking, but honestly, it's the "SPURS"...

ILoveOranges
12-07-2008, 02:49 AM
But seriously. How the hell did the Lakers get Pau Gasol. It still hurts my head to think about it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-07-2008, 12:34 PM
It's the C's by far. Rondo and Perkins are playing a lot better, Allen looks a lot younger than he did last year, and KG and Pierce are doing a great job getting teammates involved even if their numbers are down. In other words, they look like one team committed to one common goal.

The Lakers have a bunch of whiners on their team, and these whiners are unable to see that the Lakers are 17-2 and the best thing to do would be to STFU and play the role the 9-time NBA champion coach gives them. The reason why a Spurs vs. Celtics finals seems so easy to predict is because they are the two teams where every single player is playing for the team before themselves. I have a hard time believing Odom is happy with averaging 9 PPG on the Lakers regardless of how well they're doing.

If a player on Boston pops off, KG Pierce and Allen will be right there to put him in his place. Who's gonna go up to Odom and Bynum and tell them to stop complaining about their role? Aside from Fisher, nobody. Kobe was demanding a trade a little over a year ago, it would look pretty hypocritical if he were to tell Bynum and Odom to be team players given his track record. Aside from Fisher and Kobe no one else really commands a locker room presence. The Lakers better be careful, given Kobe's history of going from happy to angry so quickly, he might opt out of his contract this year if he gets tired of playing with a bunch of softies and whiners who aren't willing to take a role for the better of the team.

Allanon
12-07-2008, 12:42 PM
I see most people choosing the Celtics.

My question to you is.... If you think the Celtics are better than the Lakers right now, does that mean that you think they'll win the Christmas Day rematch?

BlackBellamy
12-07-2008, 03:24 PM

My question to you is.... If you think the Celtics are better than the Lakers right now, does that mean that you think they'll win the Christmas Day rematch?

Why would it really matter? The W or L is the same as any other regular season game. Neither team will pull all the stops, and I think that with the amount of ego that exists on both clubs (and perhaps to your favor), It would be extremely hard to get in each others head based on winning or losing this, a regular season game. Both clubs will still compete the rest of the year. One could choose the Celts just from their record alone so far, not taking into account talent or drive. The only thing that would discount your guy's talent and drive versus the Green, is last year's finals.

tlongII
12-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Boston is better right now. At the end of the season who knows?

Brazil
12-07-2008, 05:02 PM

Yes