PDA

View Full Version : Grope and change

Yonivore
12-05-2008, 10:11 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/12/04/PH2008120403612.jpg
For the uninitiated, that's one of President-elect Barak Obama's top speechwriters on the left, Jon Favreau.

:lmao

Hillary's advisors are laughing it off... (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/12/04/one_more_question.html)

Clinton senior adviser Philippe Reines cast the photos as evidence of increased bonhomie between the formerly rival camps.
"Senator Clinton is pleased to learn of Jon's obvious interest in the State Department, and is currently reviewing his application," he said in an e-mail.
Somehow, I don't think Hillary is laughing.

But I sure as hell am... :lmao

Lebowski Brickowski
12-05-2008, 10:18 PM
that douche is a "top speech writer"?

Yonivore
12-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Yep. I think he came up with the whole "Hope and Change" nonsense... I could be wrong; it could be the guy on the right. I've never seen him before.

Nbadan
12-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm glad to see Obama is not filling his cabinet with a bunch of cronies....

...diversity of thought is a good thing, but Obama likes to play with fire!

Yonivore
12-05-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm glad to see Obama is not filling his cabinet with a bunch of cronies....

...diversity of thought is a good thing, but Obama likes to play with fire!

Here's hoping he suffers third-degree burns. :toast

Nbadan
12-05-2008, 11:54 PM
..."Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." ...

- Sun-tzu

Yonivore
12-06-2008, 12:12 AM
..."Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." ...

- Sun-tzu
I think Harry Truman appointed one of his Democratic opponents in the '48 election to a Secretary position. Had to fire him about a year later because he kept acting like he was President.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens here.

Nbadan
12-06-2008, 12:19 AM
...the SOS is an advisor to the President .. I wouldn't be surprised to see her leave after the first term...she quits now and people see how she would have been as CIC..

florige
12-06-2008, 12:53 AM

Exactly what I was thinking! He looks like a normal college drunken asshole to be honest. I call BS.:lol

florige
12-06-2008, 01:01 AM
I don't know maybe that is the asshole. The articles are saying he is 27. Kinda fits the description.

Yonivore
12-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Exactly what I was thinking! He looks like a normal college drunken asshole to be honest. I call BS.:lol

Here's an article with a picture that looks like the guy on the left.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/84756

florige
12-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Here's an article with a picture that looks like the guy on the left.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/84756

You were right. He seems alright from the article though.

Yonivore
12-07-2008, 12:49 PM
You were right. He seems alright from the article though.
Everyone seems "alright" in articles to which they consent and in which they know they'll be characterized.

It's the unguarded, candid moments -- ones they'd never dream would be seen by anyone other than close friends -- that they reveal themselves.

8ft.tall.tejano
12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
i don't see how this is a big deal, who hasn't taken a drunk photo before?
besides, if he was a campaign speech writer, his job is done...not like he is going to be a sec of va or something, right?
if repugs lived by the same standards they impose on everyone else we wouldn't have ted stevens, bathroom wall tapping, or wire tapping for that matter........

Yonivore
12-07-2008, 01:51 PM
i don't see how this is a big deal, who hasn't taken a drunk photo before?
besides, if he was a campaign speech writer, his job is done...not like he is going to be a sec of va or something, right?
if repugs lived by the same standards they impose on everyone else we wouldn't have ted stevens, bathroom wall tapping, or wire tapping for that matter........
Well, I think he's going to be White House Communications Director and, no, it's not a big deal. But, it is freakin' hilarious that Obama could give the White House as big a Frat House reputation as did Bill Clinton.

:lmao

ChumpDumper
12-07-2008, 02:00 PM
As long as he doesn't give the White House the reputation the Bush administration has given it, I'm fine with it.