PDA

View Full Version : Report: Spurs send Rose to Knicks for Nazr Mohammed

Pages : 1 [2]

tekdragon
02-24-2005, 06:28 PM
You're right, Whottt, he has been playing well. But playing well isn't enough in this system. You have to execute your defensive assignments, not just hustle, rebound and score. Malik has no problem playing well, he plays too hard to not "play well". It's about execution. He plays the game better and harder than most other players on the court when he's out there (especially in terms of effort), but he doesn't think the game well enough to be effective in this system. He'll do great in New York. I have no doubt of that.

Malik deserves to be on the court, not rotting away on the bench. If not here, better he goes somewhere they can fully utilize what he has to offer.

whottt
02-24-2005, 06:31 PM
If you're all still scurred of Shaq .

Spoken like a true dumbass.

Chump after losing to the Lakers last year - At least weren't scared of Shaq.

Chump after losing because we stupidly don't play Brent Barry - It's better to lose than play Barry because Barry wasn't shooting. I'm glad we lost.

Shut the fuck up!

All anyone needs to know is that Chump was the guy/girl/it that thought we won the lottery when we signed Charlie Ward. Chump loves shit lackluster choking players that suck fucking ass as badly as ass can be sucked.

And when Mohammed does suck...don't expect any credibility from "it"...it'll just say..."Who cares if we lost? The important thing is that we traded Malik".

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 06:35 PM
thought we won the lottery when we signed Charlie Ward.thought it was the best move at the time. You wanted Heal.
Chump after losing to the Lakers last year - At least weren't scared of Shaq.

Chump after losing because we stupidly don't play Brent Barry - It's better to lose than play Barry because Barry wasn't shooting. I'm glad we lost.
Where do you get this drivel? LJ is worried about how Nazr plays Shaq. I said what trades would make a real difference against Shaq, and you come back with Coyote > DRob.

Stay on point, assface.

timvp
02-24-2005, 06:37 PM
LJ is worried about how Nazr plays Shaq.

:wtf

I just posted the recent articles about Nazr. I didn't go out seeking how he matched up with Shaq. I knew that Shaq destroys pretty much any player in the league.

timvp
02-24-2005, 06:38 PM
The saddest part of this thread was it was started by mrose31.

Cruel.

:depressed

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 06:40 PM
I just posted the recent articles about Nazr. I didn't go out seeking how he matched up with Shaq. I knew that Shaq destroys pretty much any player in the league.You sure picked up two Shaq articles pretty quickly. Add your commentary and the inference is easy.

timvp
02-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Alright then do a search and see what recent articles you find about him. I just posted the latest ones. I apologize that big, bad Shaq was mentioned in two of them.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Ok, you're not worried about how he plays Shaq. I'll disregard all your comments and bold type.

I apologize for misinterpreting them.

I still would've preferred Thomas, but that's me.

Jdspur20
02-24-2005, 06:52 PM
if i may throw my 2 cents in, ill have to say this will benefit the spurs, but its hard to see malik go. he's been with us since '97. i wish him the best. thanks for the memories malik. God speed.

Rummpd
02-24-2005, 07:13 PM
As a professor at Drexel I will miss Rose as well from the time I saw him in SA.

However, this may be a great trade for both teams and especially for Rose, who I espect will become a fan favorite in NY for his hustle and grit.

Who knows - maybe even Rose asked to be traded = worse places to get on the map in the NBA again than NY, and he can only help that team.

atlfan25
02-24-2005, 07:13 PM
AARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH FUCKIN RIGHT DOGGIE!!! I LOVE THIS SHIT. good move business wise and basketball wise.

circles_eternal
02-24-2005, 07:23 PM
this is definitely a good trade for the Spurs, considering that we`ve been getting a few criticisms here and there about our lineup being really small compared with the other teams in the league. i`ll miss Malik, though...it`s sad to see him go, after everything he`s contributed to the Spurs (bonehead plays and all)...i just wish him the best in NY.

SequSpur
02-24-2005, 07:32 PM
I predict that Malik Rose will be an allstar next year and an MVP candidate.....

signed Marcus Bryant.....

:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-24-2005, 07:55 PM
C'mon Jim, there was no disloyalty here, Malik has been on the trading block for 2 YEARS! He knew he was being shopped. Hell, the Spurs overpaid him on his contract as a sign of loyalty to him! Don't diss our franchise bother, they're extremely loyal to their players and the only surprise in this trade is that someone else would take Malik's salary.

A good trade I think. We'll all miss Malik's energy and heart, but I won't miss his stupid jumpshooting (how many times did he take a bad 20fter?!), bad decision-making at the end of games and turnovers. Nazr is a solid player with the potential to improve, especially in the Spurs' system. Look at how Rasho's D has improved (although where his offence has gone, nobody knows).

Malik, thanks for all the hard work, glad you got two rings with us and you'll always be my favourite overachiever. Good luck in NY (hope he starts there!).

Spurs_rock05
02-24-2005, 08:01 PM
i cried when i saw that

i'am sooo FUCKING mad with pop and rc how the hell could you do that to us??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! us the ones how got all of the spurs player to were they are now

its let down for me from the spurs i feel anger sadness,all the work David did everything he proved that if you keep the same team for a while you win championships. and TIM i mean he steped up for tony when peter would not give two million more its not fair Malik has been here for a long time its so unfuckingfair to do this. and i hope and pray that Malik will not open his second philly phamous and that he closes the other one. FUCK YOU POP AND RC YOU HEARTLESS SON OF A BITCHES
i love the spurs but right now i'm so angry

Big Pimp_21
02-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Whats with Brewer? I know he's just a "throw in", but did Sato get cut to make room for him? Also, what are Nazzy's salary #s?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 08:03 PM
i cried when i saw that

i'am sooo FUCKING mad with pop and rc how the hell could you do that to us??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! us the ones how got all of the spurs player to were they are now

its let down for me from the spurs i feel anger sadness,all the work David did everything he proved that if you keep the same team for a while you win championships. and TIM i mean he steped up for tony when peter would not give two million more its not fair Malik has been here for a long time its so unfuckingfair to do this. and i hope and pray that Malik will not open his second philly phamous and that he closes the other one. FUCK YOU POP AND RC YOU HEARTLESS SON OF A BITCHES

Dude is getting a second chance in the mecca of basketball in the greatest city in the world with $47 million in his pocket. Let's be very angry.

timvp
02-24-2005, 08:03 PM
i cried when i saw that

Well said.

Classic.

:smokin

Spurminator
02-24-2005, 08:05 PM
It's like a ducks post remade by Yes.

Kori Ellis
02-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Whats with Brewer? I know he's just a "throw in", but did Sato get cut to make room for him? Also, what are Nazzy's salary #s?

Brewer was a throw-in. I think he sucks, but someone somewhere might disagree. Sato got cut because they had to make room for both Nazr/Brewer for the trade to go through. Nazr is under contract through 2006. He'll make $5.5M next season.

T Park
02-24-2005, 08:07 PM
FUCK YOU POP AND RC YOU HEARTLESS SON OF A BITCHES

This my friends, example A, of how the Spurs rival the Suns, and Rockets for the dumbest fans in the NBA.

Absolutely unbeliveable.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 08:08 PM
It's like a ducks post remade by Yes. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

mattyc
02-24-2005, 08:13 PM
:depressed :pctoss

Guru of Nothing
02-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Nazr is under contract through 2006. He'll make $5.5M next season.

That's pretty cool that his contract expires after next season. If things don't pan out, his contract offers plenty of flexibility next season come the trade deadline.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-24-2005, 08:20 PM
I can't believe so many people are upset about this!?

Nazr is a solid player who will improve in our system. His contract is short and reasonable.

Malik was a heart and soul overachiever who has been a great part of the Spurs, and was overpaid as a reward on his last contract. However, he is a poor decision maker who takes too many bad shots. He gets a chance to shine in a big market. He still gets his 7-8mil a year.

Good move by the front office.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-24-2005, 08:21 PM
The only downside to this trade is that we lose Malik the person. On the court, this is a no-brainer.

T Park
02-24-2005, 08:28 PM
agreed 100% AGAIN.

Were definately on the same page lately Aggie, nice change of pace dontcha think :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-24-2005, 08:35 PM
I can't believe you and I agree on something, T Park.

Seems like you've calmed down a whole lot since I used to be a regular here.

Supergirl
02-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Has Tim reacted to this trade? I can't help thinking he must be really bummed to see his best friend get traded...

Kori Ellis
02-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Malik was a heart and soul overachiever who has been a great part of the Spurs, and was overpaid as a reward on his last contract. However, he is a poor decision maker who takes too many bad shots. He gets a chance to shine in a big market. He still gets his 7-8mil a year.

I might agree with everything until your last line. Malik makes $5.5M this season. A lot of fans think he makes Austin Croshere-like money. He doesn't. But his contract is so long that with the raises, it would be a burden in the future.

JoeChalupa
02-24-2005, 09:01 PM
I'll miss Malik.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Kori - don't forget Rose's 15% trade kicker. He's now up over 6 million.

Were definately on the same page lately Aggie, nice change of pace dontcha think

Actually it scares the hell out of me.

2Cleva
02-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Nice trade for San Antonio. Got some needed height and ahleticism backing up Duncan and Rasho and all it cost was a low draft pick. Plus dumping Rose's K to pay the other players and Nazr locked up cheap.

That should really help when you face Detroit or Miami.

Too bad LA couldn't get a thing done.

T Park
02-24-2005, 09:22 PM
^^ Sniff, damn, thought wed have a , Yeah T Park, its kinda cool, we agree basketball and politics wise.

oh well..... :(

texbound
02-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Has Tim reacted to this trade? I can't help thinking he must be really bummed to see his best friend get traded...

Tim was probably consulted prior to this trade. At the very least, I'm sure he was made aware of it before it went through.

Marcus Bryant
02-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Once Mohammed's contract is up then sure, you don't have 3 years left on a contract but how is he replaced if he leaves? If Scola doesn't pan out then this team will be on the hunt for another bigman while capped out. If Mohammed is kept (which he would be only if he is worthy of being kept) then how does he end up with anything less than 3 years guaranteed? And they would have taken away two picks from a rather effective scouting department in the process.

Unlike others in this forum I could care less about Holt Cat et al's wallet. Only from that perspective was this a great trade. Otherwise there are a lot more questions than answers at this point. But hey, change is always exciting.

picnroll
02-24-2005, 09:52 PM
I could care less about Holt Cat et al's wallet
Buy the team and make the moves you want.

Solid D
02-24-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm going to miss Malik.

I like the Spurs getting a bigger guy in the pivot. Mohammed is tough and he hits the offensive boards (3+/game). I like the trade. It makes the Spurs better inside. As long as chemistry isn't goofed up, I agree with this trade.

This opens the door for Luis Scola. Scola will be an awesome energy player for the Spurs next season and he won't have to play out of position. The Spurs will be even better, not to mention deeper next season.

The only thing I'm not sure about is Nazr's hands. I just don't know if they are much better than Malik's hands. On this team of passers, good hands and alert players are important attributes.

TwoHandJam
02-24-2005, 10:05 PM
I have been saying that to LJ for weeks.

Rasho and Duncan's games don't complement each other. Rasho gets in Duncan's way and defers to him too much. I was trying to think of a way to bring Rasho off the bench. This might be the answer.I posted a topic devoted to this at least a couple of months ago but it didn't get too much interest.

At the time I said Pop should have even tried Horry starting next to Tim so Rasho could come off the bench. Rasho could still have logged more minutes than Horry but Horry would start and finish games with Tim and he spreads the floor better for Tim.

Now that we have Nazr who can log heavy minutes and plays center, Pop should definitely try this experiment - but not this year as there's no time to integrate him properly as a starter. I'm pretty sure that if Nazr thrives, Pop could give him more time on the floor than Rasho even though Rasho remains a starter for the rest of the season.

spurster
02-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Will Scola pan out? I suppose the Spurs are betting that he will, and the Spurs have done pretty well so far bringing in interational players.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Is Mohammad going to touch the floor once scola gets here?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Shotblockers can always get minutes on the Spurs.

whottt
02-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Shotblockers can always get minutes on the Spurs.

Yeah, and nothing says "shotblocking" like a career average of .66 blocks per game...

Horry is a better shotblocker.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Horry is a better shotblocker.Than Malik too. This should explain some things to you.

Are you saying Nazr is not a shotblocker or just being a contrarian pussy as always?

And it's never about the numbers with you, right?

Solid D
02-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Shot blocking isn't what is impressive with Mohammed. It is Offensive rebounds...but then again, that was Malik's forte also. They rank almost dead even per 48 minutes.

Mohammed is just taller on opposing centers and a more imposing lane presence.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Nazr's avering .98 blocks per game this year. Rose is avering .14. The math isn't very difficult on that one.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Anyone capable of an 8-block game this season is a shotblocker in my book, especially in the Spurs defense.

But it's just a number.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-24-2005, 11:11 PM
I like this trade if for no other reason than Nazr is athletic and he's an honest 6'10", instead of our "Texas 6'8" " Rose (who is really more like 6'4" or so).

whottt
02-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Than Malik too. This should explain some things to you.

I don't recall ever claiming Malik was a shotblocker...although I have seen him get blocks against both Yao and Bradley.

Are you saying Nazr is not a shotblocker or just being a contrarian pussy as always?

He's not that good of a shotblocker...and I'm not being contrarian, I'm telling the truth.

He's not that good of a shotblocker...he's better than Malik but not as good as Rasho.

And it's never about the numbers with you, right?

Not true, ...the numbers do matter, just not all the time, and it depends on the players, and some numbers matter more than others, and the way and situation in which they are attained is just as important...

Blocked shots are a pretty honest stat...and they tend to be an accurate indicator of ability regardless of surrounding cast.

Rebounding and PPG are not really honest stats...they are heavily influenced by supporting cast and coaching philosophy, etc.

It's best to leave this sort of thing up to the experts...I don't talk shit to you about the cap now do I?

I'll let you know when the numbers matter.

In this case they do.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 11:26 PM
He's not that good of a shotblocker.So you saying he's a shotblocker.
the numbers do matter, just not all the timeOnly when you want them to, you hypocritical twerp. I'll tell you when they matter.
It's best to leave this sort of thing up to the experts
"the Spurs pick up a shot-blocker" http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jack_mccallum/02/24/winners.losers/index.html

dcole50
02-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Mohammed is a fucking scrub, nothing more than lethargically gained stats. Malik was much more than that and his feistiness will be missed in the playoffs.

I see why the Spurs did it, but it's not really a good trade for the purposes of winning a title. Malik would have helped us more.

Mohammed does nothing, absolutely nothing to improve our title chances this year.

There's a reason the Knicks suck...
it's not mohammed's fault. the problem is their "star" is marbury who is a shoot first point guard that shoots a low percentage and is horribly overrated.

whottt
02-24-2005, 11:36 PM
So you saying he's a shotblocker.
Just barely. He's not the second coming of Mark Eaton or anything. Rasho is better and IMO Horry would be better if getting the same minutes.

He's averaged 2 tenths of a block more for his career than Malik, in 2 more minutes per game.

Only when you want them to, you hypocritical twerp.

No...PPG and RBG usually don't matter as much as people try and make them matter...they really don't matter when those numbers are put up on shitty teams.

Someone is going to put up numbers on a shitty team...a guy can be a very substandard player and still put up what appear to be good rebounding and PPG totals, if he is starting or getting minutes on a shitty team.

I'll tell you right now...this guy is not as good of a center as Rasho.

I'll tell you when they matter.

You'd best not...Hedo...Charlie.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Just barely. He's not the second coming of Mark Eaton or anything. Not my claim.
I'll tell you right now...this guy is not as good of a center as Rasho. Beat you to that one.
You'd best not...Hedo...Charlie. Heal.

whottt
02-24-2005, 11:40 PM
I like this trade if for no other reason than Nazr is athletic and he's an honest 6'10", instead of our "Texas 6'8" " Rose (who is really more like 6'4" or so).

Aggie...you'd like this trade if it was for Alfedrick Hughes as long as Malik was the one getting run.

Who do you think you're kidding?

whottt
02-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Not my claim.Beat you to that one. Heal.

Hedo - got a chance and choked
Charlie - got a chance and sucked and choked
Heal - got no chance and was waived

Note the difference.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Heal got all the chance he deserved. He wouldn't have made it through preseason if not for the injuries. Period. You can now argue in reverse for the rest of your life about Malik now too.

Be happy.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Um....Rasho is going to start for the rest of the season if for no other reason than he knows Pop's system, we're getting way ahead of ourselves to say Nazr is better. I think T Park might be right when he says that Rasho off the bench will play better because raho always plays better without duncan in the line up, but no i dont think Nazr is better because I think Rasho is an excellent defensive big.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 11:49 PM
we're getting way ahead of ourselves to say Nazr is better.we would if anyone actually said it.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-24-2005, 11:50 PM
my mistake i misread your reply to whottt

indianspur
02-25-2005, 12:40 AM
We should trust pop and rc......then made SA into a genuine franchise.....nazr now plays on a chaimpionship team.....winning is the greatest motivation of all.....
Rasho - Nazr
TD - Horry - Tmass
Bowen - Brown
Manu - Barry
Parker - Beno - Wilks

This looks like a great team to me.....

SA is all about winning

Supergirl
02-25-2005, 12:49 AM
I'd like to hear Duncan's comments about this trade if he makes any publicly. Kori, will you post them if you hear anything? He might be too classy to say anything, as much as he loves Malik he's also loyal to Pop.

I think the trade is good for us in some ways - Nazr is taller and a a good rebounder and shot blocker. He'll fill in nicely for Malik, provided he settles in OK. I worry about this. The Spurs don't make midseason trades much, and they were playing so well I worry their chemistry will be disrupted.

Mostly though, I'm sad. Like a lot of people have said, Malik was a great guy. Personally, he and Manu have been my favorite players the last few years. I will miss him. Maybe he'll wind up back here somehow, someday. I hope he tears it up in NY.

Spurs_rock05
02-25-2005, 12:50 AM
this go to my man our best friend Malik J. Rose whom i love very much

Thank you for these great 7 1/2 years
thank you for being our friend for being there for you ex-team
i will never forget the dunk you did over DM and the block you did over him last night atleast you left a winner with last night i will miss you very much i will watch your every game with the knicks
if i could turn back time Malik i would just to make sure that the phone call never would be recieved today
i cried with you on tv and since i saw the news
Malik you are the best and i hope you return next season as a spur
the next time i go to the sbc center i will miss you not being there
and Malik i just bought tickets for the march 21 game in NYC i will have to fly but i don't care.
Oh Malik if i could hug you now and tell you i will love you and the spurs i would you brought laughter to the game you were a spiritual leader with a gift from God
and i know that God will bring you back to SA as a player again because i know he listens
Malik i will miss you cheering on the team from the bench
i wiil miss alot of things you did with the spurs
i remember in june i was there on the river walk you were smiling and so happy
and it breaks my heart to see you leave like this.
and i hope that everything goes well for but don't forget us.
Malik i love and will miss you but i know deep down inside you're still a spur
and i just hope that you remember us daily like i will remember you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-25-2005, 12:53 AM

Any time you feel like joining the rest of us in reality, you're more than welcome to.

indianspur
02-25-2005, 12:53 AM

i will never forget the dunk you did over DM and the block you did over him last night atleast you left a winner with last night i will miss you very much i will watch your every game with the knicks
if i could turn back time Malik i would just to make sure that the phone call never would be recieved today
and Malik i just bought tickets for the march 21 game in NYC i will have to fly but i don't care.
Oh Malik if i could hug you now and tell you i will love you and the spurs i would you brought laughter to the game you were a spiritual leader with a gift from God
and i know that God will bring you back to SA as a player again because i know he listens
and i just hope that you remember us daliy like i will remember you.

man....you sound psychotic

Spurs_rock05
02-25-2005, 12:56 AM
man....you sound psychotic

maybe but i'm so hurt right now

IceColdBrewski
02-25-2005, 01:21 AM

and i just hope that you remember us daily like i will remember you.

A period at the end of each sentence would make your ramblings a lot easier to read.

Spurs_rock05
02-25-2005, 01:23 AM
I dunno why...but I feel like somebody just died!

trust me you ain't the only one

even though my bro told me to stf up already but he don't seem to care about loyality and how much you care bout them. to me Malik is a better bro than mine.

see if you guys remember this song

i'm lying in bed with my head on the phone thinking of you til it hurts, i'm all alone i'm so lost without you

whottt
02-25-2005, 01:40 AM
Heal got all the chance he deserved. He wouldn't have made it through preseason if not for the injuries. Period. You can now argue in reverse for the rest of your life about Malik now too.

Be happy.

In other words, you loved losing to the Lakers last season due to the total failure of our perimeter game. Oh and stick the link up your butt.

Sorry but everything you just said is pure conjecture...what isn't conjecture is that Hedo and Ward were failures.

Keep bringing it up...Chokerlover.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 01:42 AM
Sorry but everything you just said is pure conjecture.And? Everything you say is also.
what isn't conjecture is that Heal and Ward were failures.Agreed. What's your point again?

whottt
02-25-2005, 01:42 AM
my mistake i misread your reply to whottt

You don't ever have to admit a mistake with Chump...save your energy...he won't do it for you.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 01:45 AM
I made a mistake thinking Ward would help.

I could only wait and see with Hedo.

All you can do is Monday morning quarterback which is mere conjecture and pretend it's gospel truth.

whottt
02-25-2005, 01:45 AM
And? Everything you say is also.Agreed. What's your point again?

My point is that you may or may not be right about Heal...I am definitely right about Carter, Ward and yes even Hedo... I see nothing to indicate Heal would not have been clutch in the role of specialist, specifically if given more than 6 games to adjust to the longer 3 line... and there is substantial evidence to indicate he would have been clutch...he has been in every big game I have seen him play...granted that wasn't many.

Furthermore...his nuts wouldn't shrivel at the idea of taking an open shot...unlike Hedo and Ward who wanted no part of it.

whottt
02-25-2005, 01:48 AM
I made a mistake thinking Ward would help.

I could only wait and see with Hedo.

I would have given you credit if you had waited and seen with Hedo...

You didn't do that though. You judged him superior...and you judged him based on a hot streak in the regular season. And leading towards Hedo over Manu was inexcusable...I will never trust your ability to evaluate talent.

You most definitely judged Hedo as the superior player due to him getting the starting slot and being on a temporary hot streak.

All you can do is Monday morning quarterback which is mere conjecture and pretend it's gospel truth.

I didn't monday morning QB douchebag...I had my stance from early on in the season.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Heal was a chucker who couldn't play in the NBA. Three point specialists who can't hit three pointers are not three point specialists.

Your conjecture > fact thinking is massively flawed. I know you'll never abandon it because it's all you have.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 01:50 AM
You most definitely judged Hedo as the superior players due to him getting the starting slot and being on a temporary hot streak.No, you complete dipshit. Quit lying. Pop had no choice, this was the best way to use Hedo. And leaning toward Hedo was about an entire career if he remained a Spur. So my conjecture will remain so, just as you will remain a lying twit.

whottt
02-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Heal was a chucker who couldn't play in the NBA. Three point specialists who can't hit three pointers are not three point specialists.

He could hit 3 pointers and 10 games into the season none of our shooters were shooting over 30%.

Your conjecture > fact thinking is massively flawed. I know you'll never abandon it because it's all you have.[/QUOTE]

Flawed? Leadbrain, I am not the one with flawed thinking...

LMAO...I'm not the one that brings old shit up when on the ropes...the Heal thing is not even a victory for you guys or something I have to backtrack from, I really don't understand why you guys bring it up like it is.

I was judging based on the way he was playing at the time...it's not like I said he was going to be good and he ended up sucking, I said he had the potential to fill the role we need...I saw what he was and felt he could do the role...at worst I wasn't proven wrong. You were.

You were proven wrong. Not me. We lost last year and it was due to perimeter choke.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 01:59 AM
He could hit 3 pointers and 10 games into the season none of our shooters were shooting over 30%. HOF material.
LMAO...I'm not the one that brings old shit up when on the ropes.You just did, idiot.
We lost last year and it was due to perimeter choke.We lost because the Lakers were healthy.

Please show me where I predicted a Spur championship. Yes you are again being called out because you are lying.

I said Heal couldn't play in the NBA. I was proven right.

whottt
02-25-2005, 02:09 AM
HOF material.You just did, idiot.We lost because the Lakers were healthy.

Hmmm that's not what Phil Jackson wrote...and what happened in the first two games of the series, before Phil properly identified the chokers and forced them to beat us?

Please show me where I predicted a Spur championship.

Oh, I don't doubt that you never predicted a title...much like you haven't this year.

That would require you getting off the fence...something you are notoriously "scurred" of doing.

Yes you are again being called out because you are lying.

No need to lie...you were wrong. You usually are.

I said Heal couldn't play in the NBA. I was proven right.

Heal could play in the NBA...in fact he did and we went @500% with him playing and with Duncan and Parker both injured.

He played in the NBA.

Pop let him go?

Proves exactly shit...Pop also traded away Steve Kerr.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 02:14 AM
No need to lie.Then don't.
Heal could play in the NBA...in fact he did and we went @500% with him playing and with Duncan and Parker both injured.Yeah, we kept Hart. That was smart.

Now, why did you go off on this tangent? Oh, yes -- to avoid the fact you don't think this will change the results of the Spurs season one bit. Still wondering why you are so indignant about the trade.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 02:15 AM
Pop let him go? And 29 other teams watched him sail off to Greece.

He was the missing piece everyone needed.

Hold on to the memories.

whottt
02-25-2005, 02:37 AM
And 29 other teams watched him sail off to Greece.

He was the missing piece everyone needed.

29 other teams also passed on Manu, nearly twice...

They did all pass on Brad Miller...twice.

Your point?

And I'd argue that 29 other teams had the same needs as the Spurs...29 other teams don't have Tim Duncan.

that playoff choke was excstasy, I loved it and will continue to point out how happy I was with it

whottt
02-25-2005, 02:38 AM
Then don't.Yeah, we kept Hart. That was smart.

Now, why did you go off on this tangent? Oh, yes -- to avoid the fact you don't think this will change the results of the Spurs season one bit. Still wondering why you are so indignant about the trade.

Clown, you are the one that brought up Heal...crackhead.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 02:44 AM
Clown, you are the one that brought up Heal...crackhead.You first.
You'd best not...Hedo...Charlie. http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11154&page=12&pp=26

Fucking hypocrite.

whottt
02-25-2005, 02:47 AM
You first. http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11154&page=12&pp=26

Fucking hypocrite.

Are you really this demented?

You brought up Heal...how can you say otherwise?

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 02:49 AM
Are you really this much of an idiot?

You started the tangent.

Let's get back to how the trade has no effect on the Spurs' season according to you.

whottt
02-25-2005, 03:02 AM
Are you really this much of an idiot?

You started the tangent.

Are you really this much of an idiot? The Heal tangent is totally different than the Hedo Ward tangent. The Heal Ward tangent puts you on the defensive...the Heal makes me laugh at pathetic attempts to put me on the defensive..

And furthermore...I didn't bring that tangent up in that thread you linked...I brougth it up in this thread in my initial post to you, only it wasn't a tangent, and it wasn't an attempt to get off the ropes...that post was the opening shot.....and that so called tangent was an example of your past flawed thinking...and reason to suspect that Mohammed will probably suck.

Let's get back to how the trade has no effect on the Spurs' season according to you.

It definitely has an effect on the season...how can you say otherwise? We have a new key big that has to learn the system, that has to fit in on the team...who has to get used to winning lmao...Huge effect on the team...The only reason I am not willing to change my prediction is because this team is so strong...we could cut him and still be championship contenders. But it is going to be harder now....and I think the Knicks will be a better team now if they give Malik some PT. His no-quit attitude can have an impact on Marbury and the entire team.

It's so easy to forget all the times Malik has changed the course of a game with his style of play...he'll do it for the Knicks too if given the chance. I think he can change the entire attitude of their team. Winners can do that, and that's what Malik is.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 03:09 AM
It definitely has an effect on the season...how can you say otherwise?You said the Spurs would win the same amount of games and the championship. What changed?
who has to get used to winning lmao.But winning championships with Kentucky is good enough. It was when you were jocking Mercer. Well, Nazr did it twice. Are you going to go back on that too?
The only reason I am not willing to change my prediction is because this team is so strong...we could cut him and still be championship contenders. But it is going to be harder now.But we're going to win the same amount of games and the championship according to you. Why the bitching?

whottt
02-25-2005, 03:25 AM
You said the Spurs would win the same amount of games and the championship.

Hmmm there is room for variance once we get above 65 wins. I don't expect him to have much of an impact in the regular season...but we might lose an extra playoff game because of it.

What changed?But winning championships with Kentucky is good enough. It was when you were jocking Mercer. Well, Nazr did it twice. Are you going to go back on that too?

I jocked Mercer out of desperation(just like Heal)...I didn't predict us to win a title last season...I predicted we wouldn't, because of our perimeter game...This season I did predict title and Malik was definitely a reason for that.

And NBA titles are > than NCAA titles....and the college game is different from the NBA.

It's like this...Winning College titles is better than not winning anything anywhere, especially when you are trying to find shooters that won't choke in the post season...but it's not as good as winning an NBA title, at least not when you are trying to find players to win an NBA title.

I wasn't a big Mercer fan...but I seriously doubt he would have choked against LA like Hedo did. I wasn't a Heal fan either...unless my choices were him and Carter.

But we're going to win the same amount of games and the championship according to you. Why the bitching?

Withdrawl?

And we might lose more games in the playoffs...

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 03:27 AM
If backpedaling were a sport, you'd have six yellow jerseys.

So after all this, the Spurs still win it all?

Isn't that the goal?

Thanks for summing up your nonargument a third time.

whottt
02-25-2005, 03:37 AM
If backpedaling were a sport, you'd have six yellow jerseys.

I haven't back pedaled on anything...I say one thing and you attibute something else to me...and you seriously believe what you say.

So after all this, the Spurs still win it all?

Isn't that the goal?

Thanks for summing up your nonargument a third time.

The goal of a trade should be to make it easier to win a title...

How does giving up a championship experienced bigman for one that doesn't have any experience or familiarity with this team, with 20 something games left to go, make it easier for us to win a title, and don't say Shaq...We've won NBA titles with Malik guarding Shaq.

It doesn't make it easier...it gives us a huge project down the stretch.

Even going entirely by stats...this guy is not that much of a superior player to Malik...and no way is he as experienced in this situation as Malik.

TheWriter
02-25-2005, 05:09 AM
Spurs improve. bottomline.

End of argument.

passtheball
02-25-2005, 05:19 AM
Wow what a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is hard to see Malik Go. He is a good guy. But from a basketball perspective it was a good trade.

pache100
02-25-2005, 09:37 AM
The Spurs have always kept things secretive and close to the cuff until they are ready to release to the media, they have a long history of it. One coach, Bob Bass, found out he'd been fired when he turned in a rental car at the Phoenix airport! The ticket agent told him. He had no inkling before that. John Lucas didn't know officially he was being let go until after the fact, either. So, their actions yesterday do not surprise

I am soooo sorry to see Malik leave. He ranks right up there with Sean Elliot, Avery Johnson, Stevie Kerr, and David Robinson with me. He's good people. And he's going to be missed, not just by the fans, but by the team. He will always be my #31.

Having said all that, I understand that NBA basketball, all professional sports really...is a business. First, last, and foremost. This is a good deal for the organization.

As much as Malik was and is loved, he had become a liability...if for no other reason, his on-again-off-again relationship with Coach Pop had to be detrimental to the team's phyche. And, poor Malik...can you imagine living like that? When trade talk regarding Malik started again a couple of weeks ago, I said, if I were Malik I would tell the Spurs, "You know what? Just trade me! Do it and get it over with." At least he does not have that threat hanging over his head any longer. He had to be tired of living with it.

Lastly...Good luck, Malik! We will always love you! Knock their socks off in New York! Get a double-double every time!

-pache

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey Whottt and Chump, you guys have gone off on so many tangents that i am not following you 100 percent, but anyway this trade does not improve our team for at leats 15 games, Nazr Mohammad isn't Rasheed Wallace and he will have a lot of learning to do.

However it is possible he may end up as a valuble asset in the playoffs, i doubt it, i think he will be a bust and i think there will be a shit load of "i hate pop" thread floating around here, but anyway With Horry injured, wtf are we going to do for depth off the bench? In the short term, this is not going to be pretty.

ducks
02-25-2005, 10:50 AM
if spur fans want to be mad at spurs for trading rose
it was DUNCAN who wanted rose to get the long term deal

timvp
04-07-2005, 05:10 AM
Bump.

Nazr is making a lot of Spurs fans look stupid.

Streakyshooter08
04-07-2005, 05:16 AM
Bump.

Nazr is making a lot of Spurs fans look stupid.

Why?

timvp
04-07-2005, 05:29 AM
Because he sucks.

Just like all the Knicks the Spurs get.

Charlie Ward, Matt Carroll, Doc Rivers, Charles Smith, Monty Williams, Trent Tucker, Sidney Green.

They all sucked. Nazr is now carrying on that tradition.

whottt
04-07-2005, 05:47 AM
Some of us don't have to backpedal because we nailed it on the first post:

Mohammed is a fucking scrub, nothing more than lethargically gained stats. Malik was much more than that and his feistiness will be missed in the playoffs.

I see why the Spurs did it, but it's not really a good trade for the purposes of winning a title. Malik would have helped us more.

Mohammed does nothing, absolutely nothing to improve our title chances this year.

There's a reason the Knicks suck...

And the second...

No...PPG and RBG usually don't matter as much as people try and make them matter...they really don't matter when those numbers are put up on shitty teams.

Someone is going to put up numbers on a shitty team...a guy can be a very substandard player and still put up what appear to be good rebounding and PPG totals, if he is starting or getting minutes on a shitty team.

I'll tell you right now...this guy is not as good of a center as Rasho.

I was by far the harshest critic of this trade...I have to admit a certain weakness in swaying towards actually thinking this might be a good trade when I getting piled on by nearly the entire board at times and I was reading some scouting reports that got a little too happy...I should have stayed with my initial reaction...Lottery Scrub!

Anyway...thanks for bumping this thread TimVP...sometimes even I forget how truly damn good I am.

PS:Seen that Isiah Thomas thread lately? ;)

Supergirl
04-07-2005, 06:28 AM
Pop doesn't seem to agree with the uselessness of Nazr. He's been playing good D (3 blocks in last night game - game high) and been able to hold his own coming off the bench for Rasho. He seems to be able to provide offense when Rasho's shot isn't going down.

whottt
04-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Pop doesn't seem to agree with the uselessness of Nazr. He's been playing good D (3 blocks in last night game - game high) and been able to hold his own coming off the bench for Rasho. He seems to be able to provide offense when Rasho's shot isn't going down.

He played fewer minutes than Glenn Robinson in last nights game.

Frenchise player
04-07-2005, 08:00 AM
On the other side, after putting a good run, the Knicks are enjoying their 7th loss in a row.
Rose isn't playing bad, just average like he did in his last 2 season as a Spur and I don't think he will improve a lot more.
The thing is that Nazr can't play worse than in his last games and he has upside like his first quarter of season show. I can't see why you continue to bash him. People has done the same thing with Barry and I hope it will happen the same thing for Nazr too.

Useruser666
04-07-2005, 08:26 AM
It took Barry time to get comfortable. It will also take Nazr time. Maybe he doesn't have enough before the playoffs. He didn't rotate well on defense, but he did manage 3 blocks. He is lost in the offense, but I think that will take time. He is not really one to create a shot for himself, so the Spurs have to find the right kind of plays or places to put in him to score. I'm sure if he feels more comfortable he will find his opportunities. If not, then either he will learn them in training camp or be trade bait.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Some of us don't have to backpedal because we nailed it on the first post:

And the second...

I was by far the harshest critic of this trade...I have to admit a certain weakness in swaying towards actually thinking this might be a good trade when I getting piled on by nearly the entire board at times and I was reading some scouting reports that got a little too happy...I should have stayed with my initial reaction...Lottery Scrub!

Anyway...thanks for bumping this thread TimVP...sometimes even I forget how truly damn good I am.

PS:Seen that Isiah Thomas thread lately? ;)

I call BS on this.

I was the harshest critic.

I was lambasted and browbeaten by everyone in here for my tantrum.

ie.

02-24-2005, 02:43 PM #79
Jimcs50
Nostradamas Jr.

Position: Dominant Center
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $75
Re: Spurs send Rose to Knicks for Nazr Mohammed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useruser666

Calm down Jim, shit! We still got that Ducan dude!

Listen I have watched this Mohammed play and I am not impressed at all. Malik is twice the player and he was the heart and soul of the Spurs, he represented all that was good on the team, he always played 100%......this sucks.

Fuck Pop!!

02-24-2005, 03:28 PM #126
Jimcs50
Nostradamas Jr.

Re: Spurs send Rose to Knicks for Nazr Mohammed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceColdBrewski

And you call yourself a Spurs fan?

Pathetic.

I am the biggest fan in this forum, hands down.

But when this franchise stabs a player in the back, a player that gave his heart and soul to the team for 6 yrs, it rubs me the wrong way. That and also with the fact that Pop lied to his team that they had nothing in the works even as early as yesterday, I lose 100% respect for the coach, a coach that I called the best coach in Spurs history for the past 5 yrs.

I am deeply saddened by this cut throat move and I can not see one good reason why they would make a move in midseason, a season that they have the best record, the best team and the best chemistry in the NBA. The Spurs have nowhere to go but down.....that is the facts....get it!!??

02-24-2005, 03:33 PM #130
Jimcs50
Nostradamas Jr.

Re: Report: Spurs send Rose to Knicks for Nazr Mohammed

At least I am finding out who my friends are.

Fuck you dicks.

Loyalty means a lot to me, and I guess it means nothing to any of you?

Mohammed blows big ones, I watch the League Pass every night, he is HORRIBLE.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Here are a few questions that I want every Rose hater to answer truthfully:

How many times in Rose's career, even this year, had Rose been one that came in the game off the bench, and ignited the lackluster start by the starters, and turned the team in the right direction with his rebounding, his hustle, his timely basket, his defense, and his infectious all round attitude to get their asses in gear?

Can anyone of you Nazr backers ever expect to have Nazr do this, or are you confident that Nazr can ignite a Spurs run under same circumstances?

Also we gave up 2 countem 2 first round draft choices. Do you realize how mant quality players are coming out in the next few years that we can not get now? It is not like we do not have room at the end of the bench for a quality young player to learn and get better.

As I said the day the trade was made, this was the worst move in Franchise history in midseason, considering that this did not have to be done, the Spurs were kicking ass, they had the #1 seed, they were the odds on favorite to win it all, they were on the top of the mountain looking down on everyone else. The Smith trade ended up bad because of his injury and contract, but we needed to make a move because the team was not at the top at the time.

I wish Nazr well, he seems like a great guy, but he is no Rose...if he had Rose's heart and hustle with his 6'10" body, he would be an allstar.

Useruser666
04-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Be careful Jim, Brad might get jealous!

I know Nazr has gotten worse since getting here. I don't know if there is enough time for him to get comfortable with the system in time for the playoffs. None of this will bring Malik back. Does anyone have the stats for the first 20 games Rose played with SA? I know this was a late season trade, and maybe Rose would be playing better here right now. I believe he probably would. But I still believe Nazr can work in the Spurs system given the time and opportunity. He really hasn't had either of those yet.

Duncanoypi
04-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Nazr will be fine in playoff...book it!...

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Be careful Jim, Brad might get jealous!

I know Nazr has gotten worse since getting here. I don't know if there is enough time for him to get comfortable with the system in time for the playoffs. None of this will bring Malik back. Does anyone have the stats for the first 20 games Rose played with SA? I know this was a late season trade, and maybe Rose would be playing better here right now. I believe he probably would. But I still believe Nazr can work in the Spurs system given the time and opportunity. He really hasn't had either of those yet.

Campare the stats of Rose's 4th year with Nazr' 4th year or compare Rose's starting year when he started half the season like Nazr did.

Not fair to compare Rose's 1st year because he had hardly played at all before he was sent to SA.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 09:05 AM
Nazr will be fine in playoff...book it!...

Nazr better not even be on playoff roster, or Pop is an idiot,

Marks is 10 times better than Nazr.

Ishta
04-07-2005, 09:07 AM
I agree with you.. I have had this same discussion with tons of people.. Their excuse well... Money.. It is quite annoying to me that this could cost us more in the "BIG"picture than most think about..Granted Rose wasn't the greatest player we had, but he had the biggest heart. Sometimes heart will overcome anything. I love Malik Rose and how he plays the game. Nazr has STILL not shown me anything to get overjoyed about.

"How many times in Rose's career, even this year, had Rose been one that came in the game off the bench, and ignited the lackluster start by the starters, and turned the team in the right direction with his rebounding, his hustle, his timely basket, his defense, and his infectious all round attitude to get their asses in gear?"

There are too many instances in this quote to even count. Just to be clear this is NOT about hating NAZR. I don't. I just haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that this was a good move by the Spurs.. If Duncan would've been hurt before this trade, I would bet almost anything(key word ALMOST) it wouldn't have happened until the end of the season.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif .

Spurminator
04-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Maybe we should give him more than 6 games with Duncan on the floor before making any final judgements on Nazr's ability to play with this team.

I would agree that Rose would be better for this team when injuries have made it necessary to look elsewhere for offense, but this isn't the team or system that is going to have to get us to the Championship.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Maybe we should give him more than 6 games with Duncan on the floor before making any final judgements on Nazr's ability to play with this team.

I would agree that Rose would be better for this team when injuries have made it necessary to look elsewhere for offense, but this isn't the team or system that is going to have to get us to the Championship.

Rose was at his best when TD was not on the floor.

ducks
04-07-2005, 09:24 AM
rose was his best with david robinson next to him

Useruser666
04-07-2005, 09:25 AM
What was Rose's +/-?

Spurminator
04-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Rose was at his best when TD was not on the floor.

That's what I said, but if TD's not on the floor in the Playoffs, it doesn't matter if we have Rose, Mohammed or Bryant Reeves.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 09:41 AM
That's what I said, but if TD's not on the floor in the Playoffs, it doesn't matter if we have Rose, Mohammed or Bryant Reeves.

Spurm, TD will not be on the floor at least 10 mins every game in the playoffs...and in that 10 mins, I want a player on the floor that can either get the team playing well, or make them continue to play well.

Nazr has shown zero ability to do this in any way shape or manner..

You Nazr backers have not answered my questions....go back and honestly answer them, or I will lose all repsect for you.

I at least admit when I am wrong.

The Robinson pickup did not excite me or get me upset, I was neutral because i thought he would be too out of shape to either contribute much or not even get to play at all...it looks like I was wrong, because he really looked sharp on offense last night, so I admit that might has underestimated his value.

Can you guys answer my questions honestly and admit that we Rose backers were right from the getgo?

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Turns out Rose was in Marks' way.

There's no argument from a basketball standpoint at this date.

If only the trade was about basketball....

Spurminator
04-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Who's hating? I'm just not in any damn hurry to jump to conclusions.

I like Rasho on the floor when Duncan is out.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Who's hating? I'm just not in any damn hurry to jump to conclusions.

I like Rasho on the floor when Duncan is out.

Rasho plays well when TD is out.

I like it too.

I just miss having that sparkplug off the bench. Maybe Marks can be in that role.

I hope Pop leaves Nazr off the playoff roster and replaces him with Marks, because there is no doubt that Marks is playing much better than Nazr and he can also shoot the ball, and go to the rack.

Frenchise player
04-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Here are a few questions that I want every Rose hater to answer truthfully:

How many times in Rose's career, even this year, had Rose been one that came in the game off the bench, and ignited the lackluster start by the starters, and turned the team in the right direction with his rebounding, his hustle, his timely basket, his defense, and his infectious all round attitude to get their asses in gear?

Can anyone of you Nazr backers ever expect to have Nazr do this, or are you confident that Nazr can ignite a Spurs run under same circumstances?

Also we gave up 2 countem 2 first round draft choices. Do you realize how mant quality players are coming out in the next few years that we can not get now? It is not like we do not have room at the end of the bench for a quality young player to learn and get better.

As I said the day the trade was made, this was the worst move in Franchise history in midseason, considering that this did not have to be done, the Spurs were kicking ass, they had the #1 seed, they were the odds on favorite to win it all, they were on the top of the mountain looking down on everyone else. The Smith trade ended up bad because of his injury and contract, but we needed to make a move because the team was not at the top at the time.

I wish Nazr well, he seems like a great guy, but he is no Rose...if he had Rose's heart and hustle with his 6'10" body, he would be an allstar.
I am not really a Rose hater, but since you are requesting an answer.

First, Rose has stepped up countless of times in his carreer and we had all given him props to do so, but the last two seasons, he wasn't his true self and he was in Pop's dog house during the last playoffs. Pop put an end of this situation trading him.

I don't expect Nazr to play like Malik, I just hope he can play like he did during the first quarter of the season as a Knicks. He isn't playing like he should be and that's why he deserves criticism.

The two draft picks will be between 25 and 29, we can't expect to draft players like Parker or Udrih every year.

Do you really think, we will still be 1st seed without this trade???
Manu and Tim didn't play a lot of the games between the trade and now.
It's as silly as saying that Malik is reponsible of the current Knicks drought (they are in there 7th loss in a row).

The current Nazr hate is like the early Barry's hate, the only thing that has changed is that Whottt is on the bashing side, that's why he isn't answering to these questions. Give more games to the guy, he has potential, he just needs some time to develop him.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 12:09 PM
I do not hate Nazr, I think he is a wonderful person from all I see of him...but the trade sucked.

Yes, we would have been the 1 seed if the trade had not gone down...I am sure having Rose would have given the Spurs the exta 2-4 pts in the 3 losses we have had since the trade.

T Park
04-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Yes, we would have been the 1 seed if the trade had not gone down

oh for christ sake.

Look you gambling addict dumbF, Duncan getting hurt is the reason the team DOESNT have it.

I just love how people judge this guy after only a couple weeks on the job.

Once again, people have had it out for him, because of who he was traded for.

I thought he played great D last night, altering and blocking some shots.

But, that doesn't fit anyone's agenda.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 12:22 PM
oh for christ sake.

Look you gambling addict dumbF, Duncan getting hurt is the reason the team DOESNT have it.

you do not think Rose was worth 3-5 pts in those 2-4 pt losses?

And where is the Manu jersey you promised me you would get for my son????

Ishta
04-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I'll agree with the not being number 1 seed. However Rose would have made a difference. Maybe not a huge difference, but a difference. That being said Rose is not here anymore unfortunatley. The coulds, woulds just don't cut it.. The right now does. Right now we are ok. Duncan will be back soon, and as long as we can start winning on the road we will be looking at a good run.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 12:24 PM
BTW, the Spurs lost a lot more games(percentage wise) after the trade even with TD than they did before the trade.

Frenchise player
04-07-2005, 12:28 PM
We have played 20 games since malik has left, we lost 7 (I am counting the loss against Memphis even if Nazr wasn't available).
In everyone of them, except the one against Memphis, Duncan wasn't playing and Tim played only 9 of these 20 games. Manu missed 5 of them too.
If Rose would have given us 2-4 extra points, we would only have one against Memphis and Denver (at home) when Nazr gave us one of his best performance with 7 points and 9 rebounds. Nazr is really sucking since the game @ New York that's 7 games ago, it is too soon to say that it was a bad trade.

T Park
04-07-2005, 12:31 PM
And where is the Manu jersey you promised me you would get for my son????

look in the mirror scooter.

Was Rose worth 3-5???

Who the fuck knows, thats the biggest bunch of What ifs Ive ever heard.

Hell those nights, Rose couldve pulled his jersey over his head, gotten beaten for a basket then get benched for the rest of the night in favor of Massenburg.

Get real.

T Park
04-07-2005, 12:32 PM
it is too soon to say that it was a bad trade.

seeing as the guy has played a total of what 12 games??

Uh yeah.

Supergirl
04-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Spurs are 5-3 without Duncan. They're holding up OK.

Barry has become a sparkplug off the bench like Rose, Manu used to be. Manu has stepped up his leadership in Tim's absence.

All Nazr has to do is come in an grab som rebounds, provide 6 fouls, and block some shots. We don't need him to score loads of points. Some of the Nazr-hating is the same BS people said about Rasho. People don't seem to understand Pop's system, and the roles he asks players to play.

Robinson will be great if he can become another spot-up shooter - we needed that last year. But I worry that his character (he's an abuser, after all) will not be a good fit for the Spurs. Maybe they'll be a good influence on him. Maybe.

As for Rose, I miss him. He was one of my favorite Spurs. But he wasn't going to be a Spur forever, because his contract would keep the Spurs from being able to sign Scola and Brown next year, and because his contract was ABSURD for a bench player at best who logged as many DNP-CDs last year as he did.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 12:58 PM
look in the mirror scooter.

Was Rose worth 3-5???

Who the fuck knows, thats the biggest bunch of What ifs Ive ever heard.

Hell those nights, Rose couldve pulled his jersey over his head, gotten beaten for a basket then get benched for the rest of the night in favor of Massenburg.

Get real.

what do you mean look in the mirror???

Are you saying that you are not sending me the jersey after you said you would?

Useruser666
04-07-2005, 01:34 PM
There is no way to quantify that having Rose would have kept the Spurs as the #1 seed.

And Jim, your questions suck. Of course Rose sparked the team many many times. Did anyone say anything to the contrary? I loved Malik as a Spur, as a player, and as a person. He did many things that helped the team during his stay here. But to say Rose would have won us several games is way too much of a stretch to make.

And if this is the worst move in franchise history, then we as fans, have NOTHING to complain about.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-07-2005, 01:47 PM
what do you mean look in the mirror???

Are you saying that you are not sending me the jersey after you said you would?
????

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 01:50 PM
There is no way to quantify that having Rose would have kept the Spurs as the #1 seed.

And Jim, your questions suck. Of course Rose sparked the team many many times. Did anyone say anything to the contrary? I loved Malik as a Spur, as a player, and as a person. He did many things that helped the team during his stay here. But to say Rose would have won us several games is way too much of a stretch to make.

And if this is the worst move in franchise history, then we as fans, have NOTHING to complain about.

My question does not suck because it hits the nail right on the head.

Having Malik is better than having Narz because of your answer to my question. If Nazr does not give us what Malik did for us, then that means the trade sucked.

Yes, we are spoiled because the Spurs do not make a habit of making stupid moves...but in my opinion, this was the dumbest one of all....and the reason was, it did not have to be made...because there was no good reason to make it, as timvp has stated.

It was useless, it was reactionary, it was spiteful and it was wrong.

It hurt the team.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 01:52 PM
????

I am asking wtf he meant when he said look in the mirror when I asked where the jersey he promised some of us in chat that he would send one to us.

I wonder if Athenea ever got hers either.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Yes, in your world money is no object and it's easy to pay a guy $7 million a year to play 15mpg on a small market team with a tiny corporate base while getting beat out by whatever 40 year-old we happen to sign. Makes perfect sense.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-07-2005, 01:54 PM

Having Malik is better than having Narz because of your answer to my question. If Nazr does not give us what Malik did for us, then that means the trade sucked.

Yes, we are spoiled because the Spurs do not make a habit of making stupid moves...but in my opinion, this was the dumbest one of all....and the reason was, it did not have to be made...because there was no good reason to make it, as timvp has stated.

It hurt the team.
Hey Jim how long are you going to resent the trade huh?? Are we going to have to listen to you and Whottt bitch about how Pop and the Spurs management are morons for trading Malik for another year or two? 'cause I got to tell you its getting boring dude. Ok, so Nazr is not as good as people thought he might be, big deal, Malik wasn't as good as he should have been this season either. So quit whinning about Malik every time Nazr has a bad game, at least do us that favor.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-07-2005, 01:56 PM
I am asking wtf he meant when he said look in the mirror when I asked where the jersey he promised some of us in chat that he would send one to us.

I wonder if Athenea ever got hers either.
he promised me one too, but I ain't asking him where it is. If he want's to send it to me, its fine, if not, I'm no worst off. I'm not paying for the damn thing, so I'm not complaining, as neither should you.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 01:58 PM
If welching on bets was a sport, we'd have more than a few hall of famers.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey Jim how long are you going to resent the trade huh?? Are we going to have to listen to you and Whottt bitch about how Pop and the Spurs management are morons for trading Malik for another year or two? 'cause I got to tell you its getting boring dude. Ok, so Nazr is not as good as people thought he might be, big deal, Malik wasn't as good as he should have been this season either. So quit whinning about Malik every time Nazr has a bad game, at least do us that favor.

I did not bump this thread, timvp did, it was here so I am bitching about the trade again.

If someone brings it up, I am offering my opinion til you are sick of it.

That is my cause...to irritate all the Nazr backers.

:)

MaNuMaNiAc
04-07-2005, 02:05 PM
I did not bump this thread, timvp did, it was here so I am bitching about the trade again.

If someone brings it up, I am offering my opinion til you are sick of it.

That is my cause...to irritate all the Nazr backers.

:)
lol

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 02:09 PM
he promised me one too, but I ain't asking him where it is. If he want's to send it to me, its fine, if not, I'm no worst off. I'm not paying for the damn thing, so I'm not complaining, as neither should you.

Why tell us that he would send it if he had no intention of doing so? I told him I would pay him for it, I have money to buy a jersey. My son wanted a TD jersey when we were in SA in March, I told him that I had a Manu jersey coming in the mail from a guy that was going to send one, so he should just wait for it rather than get a TD jersey. He was excited about it, and now, I am glad he forgot about it because I will have to go back to SA and get it for him....

That is why I am pissed at Tpark.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 02:12 PM
I made a freaking donation to Breast cancer research for TPark instead of buying him beer all night at a Spurs game because he does not drink.

I pay my real bets, Chump.

But not what you call bets...which are in jest, and everyone knew it.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Why tell us that he would send it if he had no intention of doing so? I told him I would pay him for it, I have money to buy a jersey. My son wanted a TD jersey when we were in SA in March, I told him that I had a Manu jersey coming in the mail from a guy that was going to send one, so he should just wait for it rather than get a TD jersey. He was excited about it, and now, I am glad he forgot about it because I will have to go back to SA and get it for him....

That is why I am pissed at Tpark.
I suppose that son part does change the picture somewhat. On my part, I hold no grudge against TPark

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 02:14 PM
I pay my real bets, Chump.

But not what you call bets...which are in jest, and everyone knew it.Who said anything about you?

Useruser666
04-07-2005, 02:45 PM

It hurt the team.

Yes, I wish we had Malik. He could give us 2 inspirational games out of 5. 2 games where he was a non factor, and 1 DNP coaches decision. Was that going to drastically improve all of a sudden?

Nazr may be playing like crap right now. There was many reasons for that trade. I happen to believe it was the right thing to do. I see more upside than down. Mabye Nazr won't even be a small contributer this year, but it's not like we trade Shaq for Odom and change.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Who said anything about you?

I saw right through your little post there, don't play coy with me. :lol

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 03:03 PM
I suppose that son part does change the picture somewhat. On my part, I hold no grudge against TPark

I am holding no grudge, I just like to bust his balls any chance I can. :spin

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 03:03 PM
It's an epidemic. If you include yourself, you're only one of many. Being defensive about it makes it funnier though.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 03:06 PM
It's an epidemic. If you include yourself, you're only one of many. Being defensive about it makes it funnier though.

who me, defensive? :angel

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 03:08 PM

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Because he sucks.

Just like all the Knicks the Spurs get.

Charlie Ward, Matt Carroll, Doc Rivers, Charles Smith, Monty Williams, Trent Tucker, Sidney Green.

They all sucked. Nazr is now carrying on that tradition.

Doc didn't suck.

And this trade had everything to do with money, and not a lot to do with much else. I'm sure the Spurs were hoping Nazr would be playing better right now, but the truth is that this trade saved the team $22million, plain and simple.

Rose was not going to have any more impact on the Spurs than Nazr based upon the opportunities Pop afforded him.

The Spurs did net out losing 1 first round pick (counting the extra pick from Phoenix) but the Spurs would have just figured out some way to get rid of that on draft day anyway. So right there we saved some front office guys a lot of time researching a way to trade that pick. Basically the team's given some lucky guy an extra week's vacation.

Simply put, the Spurs are $22 million richer and no worse off based upon personnel who actually see the court during a game.

Kori Ellis
04-07-2005, 04:23 PM
The Spurs aren't $22M richer. They don't pay Malik the $22M, but will have to pay Nazr money to re-sign or another big to sign. Unless the Spurs are planning on just signing people to the minimum from here on out.

timvp
04-07-2005, 04:33 PM
There is some shady math going on in this thread. People act like you don't have to re-sign Nazr. If he shows ANYTHING, the going rate for a decent center is way more than the money that was owed to Rose. To say this is an economic move means that the Spurs have no plans of re-signing Nazr or Nazr is going to continue playing like a scrub.

P.S.

I was a fan of Doc Rivers, but he was pretty much washed up by the time he was in San Antonio. He was a master flopper, but shot 36% from the field in his first half season with the team and 37.2% the next year. That sucks pretty much however you slice it.

Useruser666
04-07-2005, 04:43 PM
So how would keeping Rose help the Spurs in the big man department?

Ed Helicopter Jones
Sorry on the $$$.

I was just using the numbers from the ESPN article on the trade at the very beginning of the thread.

Seems like every time I use an ESPN article as a source of knowledge I've got someone telling me the info is incorrect. WTF?!

ChumpDumper
To say this is an economic move means that the Spurs have no plans of re-signing Nazr or Nazr is going to continue playing like a scrub.Or it means the Spurs didn't want to pay Malik his salary for the minutes and role he was playing.

timvp
04-07-2005, 04:45 PM
So you are admitting it wasn't a financial move?

Finally.

Useruser666
04-07-2005, 04:46 PM
So you are admitting it wasn't a financial move?

Finally.

So then what was the move for?

Ishta
04-07-2005, 04:47 PM
SHIT... here we go again:rolleyes..................GO!

timvp
04-07-2005, 04:48 PM
So then what was the move for?

Who knows. But I'm tired of the BS that it was a financial move.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 04:50 PM
So you are admitting it wasn't a financial move?It most certainly WAS a financial move. If Malik didn't have the huge contract that didn't fit the role and minutes he ended up playing every year, he'd still be here.

This is ridiculous.

Kori Ellis
04-07-2005, 04:51 PM
It doesn't really matter what the trade was for at this point. Malik wasn't getting playing time to justify his salary (whether he deserved playing time or not is a whole other story). Now they have Nazr making similar money this year and next year (and probably playing even less?) and they'll have to make a choice -- re-sign him to a contract of similar money, or lose him to free agency and not have another big.

Unless they can trade Nazr for something next season, the Spurs didn't gain much but luxury tax relief in this trade.

So for this trade to be worth much at all -- Scola better really pan out. Because when Nazr's contract is up, the only bigs on the roster will be Duncan, Rasho and perhaps Scola.

timvp
04-07-2005, 04:53 PM
It most certainly WAS a financial move. If Malik didn't have the huge contract that didn't fit the role and minutes he ended up playing every year, he'd still be here.

This is ridiculous.

So you are banking on Nazr playing better than Rose but costing the same or less money?

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

What did Santa get you for Christmas?

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 04:58 PM
So you are banking on Nazr playing better than Rose but costing the same or less money?I'm banking on signing Scola signing for half what Malik was making and seeing if Nazr catches on. Then go from there.

You still haven't explained how paying $7 million a year for a 15mpg guy is the best course of action.

Useruser666
04-07-2005, 05:12 PM
So you are banking on Nazr playing better than Rose but costing the same or less money?

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

What did Santa get you for Christmas?

I don't get why your saying it's not a financial move. Even if it's only supposed relieve the team for the short term, it's still based on lowering salary. Isn't it? Enlighten me.

timvp
04-07-2005, 05:17 PM
The bottomline is this and I think ChumpDumper and timvp can agree on this point:

This move was not about dumping salary to get under some imaginary cap figure. It was about the Spurs using the money they had tied up in Rose in a different manner. If that be Nazr, Scola or whoever, the money that was going to Rose will be put to use elsewhere. Simply, it was a reconstruction of the long term salary outlook of the team by taking the Rose money and making it available in other areas.

Truce?

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Absolutely.

timvp
04-07-2005, 05:20 PM
I don't get why your saying it's not a financial move. Even if it's only supposed relieve the team for the short term, it's still based on lowering salary. Isn't it? Enlighten me.

If the Spurs re-sign Nazr to a contract that is close to what Rose would have earned, there is no financial savings at all. The only way this makes any dent in the Spurs finances is if the Spurs don't re-sign Nazr and don't use the MLE anytime soon, because then after next year they will save about $20M over the next three years that would have gone to Rose.

T Park
04-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Id agree with the above statement.

If you can get two guys for the price of one, then does it make a good trade?

IMO, you have to give Nazr an incomplete this season and wait till next year to judge him.

timvp
04-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Absolutely.

http://www.haro-online.com/stuff/biggiea1.jpg

sungo99
04-07-2005, 05:25 PM
The bottomline is this and I think ChumpDumper and timvp can agree on this point:

This move was not about dumping salary to get under some imaginary cap figure. It was about the Spurs using the money they had tied up in Rose in a different manner. If that be Nazr, Scola or whoever, the money that was going to Rose will be put to use elsewhere. Simply, it was a reconstruction of the long term salary outlook of the team by taking the Rose money and making it available in other areas.

Truce?

Word.

GoSpurs21
04-07-2005, 05:25 PM
If Nazr is resigned (after next season), no way does he get anything close to what Rose will make the next 4 years unless he takes Rasho's job away from him.

If Nazr plays next year like he's been playing this year, he will be lucky if someone in the NBA gives him a minimum contract.

Kori Ellis
04-07-2005, 05:27 PM
If Nazr is resigned (after next season), no way does he get anything close to what Rose will make the next 4 years unless he takes Rasho's job away from him.

So if he plays well, but not well enough to take over for Rasho, do you think he's going to take a substantial pay-cut?

timvp
04-07-2005, 05:27 PM

If Nazr even averages eight and eight next season, he's getting a $40M offer from someone. A center that in this league that can put up those type of numbers are on most every team's most wanted list. Especially if they are only like 28 and have been part of a couple of good playoff runs (*knocks on wood*).

T Park
04-07-2005, 05:32 PM
I think next year he takes Rasho's job, and averages 10 and 9.

Spurs resign him for 40 mill, and Rasho then becomes expendable, aka the new "Rose"

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 05:33 PM
If Nazr even averages eight and eight next season, he's getting a $40M offer from someone.Is that over four years? Seems the maximum years are going to be closer to that than seven. Sure makes it easier to sign contracts like that - Malik is the poster boy (one of them anyway) for the 4-yr max.

Kori Ellis
04-07-2005, 05:46 PM
I think next year he takes Rasho's job, and averages 10 and 9.

Spurs resign him for 40 mill, and Rasho then becomes expendable, aka the new "Rose"

Wow. If he gets into the offensive scheme, I guess I could see him averaging 10 and 9 eventually. But for as high as the Spurs are on Rasho's D, Nazr would have to make tremendous, tremendous strides on the defensive end to displace Rasho in the starting lineup.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-07-2005, 06:34 PM
When we got him I thought the SA Express News said we would probably not even keep him after this year. I can tell Pop doesn't like him and I wont be suprised at all if he is gone next season and we make room for resigning players and bringing in new hotshots.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-07-2005, 06:43 PM
I don't think Mohmammed will be back next season and I think we will have alot of cap room. But will the guy that Nazr swapped teams with...ever return in a Spurs uniform? I know we'd all love to see him back and I am sure he would love to be back, but will it happen. I sure hope so, with MALIK ROSE and some new guys to go along with the guys we've locked in for the next couple years(Tim,TP,Manu,Brent,Beno and Bruce) we could be one of the best teams ever. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, but I miss Malik and he needs to come on home, seems like hes been gone a couple of years, rather then what two months? Main point of this post is, do yall (my fellow spurs fans) think Malik will ever retrun to the Alamo City?

http://www.enonlinestore.com/images/large/758.jpg :depressed

kskonn
04-07-2005, 06:58 PM
When we got him I thought the SA Express News said we would probably not even keep him after this year. I can tell Pop doesn't like him and I wont be suprised at all if he is gone next season and we make room for resigning players and bringing in new hotshots.

Why do you think pop dis-likes him?

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Why do you think pop dis-likes him?

He never gets playing time and Pop was pretty pissed at him at the Sonics game I went to, and it wasnt just a mad look.

timvp
04-07-2005, 07:02 PM
I don't think Mohmammed will be back next season and I think we will have alot of cap room. But will the guy that Nazr swapped teams with...ever return in a Spurs uniform? I know we'd all love to see him back and I am sure he would love to be back, but will it happen. I sure hope so, with MALIK ROSE and some new guys to go along with the guys we've locked in for the next couple years(Tim,TP,Manu,Brent,Beno and Bruce) we could be one of the best teams ever. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, but I miss Malik and he needs to come on home, seems like hes been gone a couple of years, rather then what two months? Main point of this post is, do yall (my fellow spurs fans) think Malik will ever retrun to the Alamo City?

http://www.enonlinestore.com/images/large/758.jpg :depressed

I don't think he'll be back. His contract is too long and by that time, the Spurs should have figured out what they want to do at the backup power positions.

I hope he has a successful career in NY.

kskonn
04-07-2005, 07:07 PM
He never gets playing time and Pop was pretty pissed at him at the Sonics game I went to, and it wasnt just a mad look.

Yea but that is POP and pop is not going to play a guy who does not know the system. He also does not have a history of giving up on players. He usually gives them a chance.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-07-2005, 07:16 PM
I guess, but Nazr is just playing horrible.

T Park
04-07-2005, 07:21 PM
because he doesnt know the systems and is still hurt.

If he wasnt hurt, he wouldn't still be using the damn heating pad on his legs during the game.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-07-2005, 07:23 PM
I hope eventually gets good, I saw a game in New York this Christmas where he just tore the T-wolves apart. But if we're gonna keep him, the spurs at least need him to equal Maliks play, because we know he won't be the same kind of person. If he wanna prove me wrong, he better finish strong.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2005, 09:03 PM
I don't think he'll be back. His contract is too long and by that time, the Spurs should have figured out what they want to do at the backup power positions.

I hope he has a successful career in NY.

I'd bet he won't be in NY by the time his contract expires. He'll be traded or released within two years.

Jimcs50
04-07-2005, 09:17 PM
We would not be getting beat tonight if Rose were on the team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2005, 09:21 PM

:lol The way it looks right now we'd probably be getting beat if a young Gervin was on the team.

Dre_7
04-07-2005, 09:33 PM

WHAT!?!?!

That is ridecoulus!

The truth is we would not be getting beat tonight if Duncan were on the team!

sickdsm
04-07-2005, 09:36 PM
My thoughts exactly Jim.

Either that or it would at least be manageable, under double figures all game or close to it.

Intangibles

T Park
04-07-2005, 09:41 PM
god jim is such a moron

cqsallie
04-08-2005, 12:11 AM
My thoughts exactly Jim. Either that or it would at least be manageable, under double figures all game or close to it. Intangibles

Well, the damned game is over and I can't help but think that we could have used Malik. I continue to miss him and I don't care if I'm the only person in the world who does.
We keep running players in and out of the lineup, like they were going through a revolving door. I don't care about the financial angles. We had something going when Malik was a Spur. All these new faces, all these new actors struggling to learn their lines seconds before the curtain rises... You can't tell me that this makes for an SRO hit. Sometimes changes for the good are not changes for the good.
That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! :pctoss

SequSpur
04-08-2005, 12:12 AM

LMAO!

Useruser666
04-08-2005, 07:26 AM
We would have already won the championship by now if we had Malik! ~ Jim

whottt
04-08-2005, 07:32 AM
You guys are being ridiculous...Malik wasn't in the doghouse that much this year and he was never in the doghouse when Duncan was injured...he's averaged 16 and 9 with Duncan injured during his career...you guys don't think we could use that?

He's a had a 20 20 game against the Mavs last season when Duncan was injured...he wrecked them for 25 in the playoffs a few years ago...

Which of our bigs now can give us that?

As for the recent play of the Knicks...they were dead in the water and virtually eliminated from the playoffs when Malik got there...there was no margin for error...that 4 game road trip they had they needed to go 3-1 to still have a shot...after they dropped the first 2(when Malik played very well)...it was time for the Knicks to start tanking...it does them no good to win games now...and they are being coached for next season already.

Rose>Nazr for winning a title this season...

Marks also>Nazr...it's not even debateable at this point...

Russ
04-08-2005, 07:51 AM
...he's averaged 16 and 9 with Duncan injured during his career...you guys don't think we could use that?
Even Samaki Walker stepped up when Duncan was out. (And you thought he was a slow learner).

As for Mohammed, it's unfair to expect too much from a player who has been on four teams in seven years.

Ginofan
04-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Hey did you know that Malik is a Knick?

whottt
04-08-2005, 08:10 AM
What's not fair is that Nazr sucks and is a liability on the court...while we are trying to win a title...these opportunities don't grow on trees, even with Tim Duncan.

If he was putting up 20 and 10 for us on occasion like he was the Knicks I would be happier...

It's not his fault that he got traded for Malik...but that doesn't make it ok to suck while we are trying to win a title..

And he does...and there's no defending it...

And I know you make all the excuses for it in the world...unfortunately that doesn't help us win games...or titles.

That trade hurt us this season.

spurster
04-08-2005, 08:35 AM

It was about both: dumping salary to help offset Parker's, Manu's, and TD's contracts and salary increases and to bring in Scola.

But for this year, this trade so far is a monumental failure. Neither Nazr nor Rose are playing even up to the level of mediocre for their new teams.

timvp
01-12-2006, 10:58 PM
What a great trade this turned out to be. :rolleyes

A year later the Spurs can't get a rebound to save their lives. Future "10 and 10" Nazr Mohammed aka Baby Hakeem is averaging 4 and 4. The Spurs gave away two first round picks, with the first being David Lee -- who would be a perfect player for the Spurs to use on the front line. The kid can rebound.

But, but, but the Spurs got an expiring contract.

Nice.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Malik sucks too.

Next.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2006, 11:00 PM
:lol Sheed and Ben would have been going over Malik's back just like they did to Rasho tonight

timvp
01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
:lol Sheed and Ben would have been going over Malik's back just like they did to Rasho tonight

Is Nazr averaging that 10 and 10 that you claimed he would? Nope :lol

Whatever happened to our bet?

Owned.

Apology Accepted.

Question.

Bruno
01-12-2006, 11:06 PM
But, but, but the Spurs got an expiring contract.

Nice.

And a ring, Nice trade.

timvp
01-12-2006, 11:07 PM
How many games did Nazr finish?

ShoogarBear
01-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Losing the draft picks does hurt.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-12-2006, 11:09 PM

How many games did rasho start???

timvp
01-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Losing the draft picks does hurt.

Yeah, especially when that player is averaging 14 boards per 48 minutes and shooting 60% from the floor.

Lee > Nazr = Rose > Rasho < Playing Four On Five

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2006, 11:11 PM

Who did the dirty work all game long so that we were in position for Horry to close it out?

timvp
01-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Who did the dirty work all game long so that we were in position for Horry to close it out?

Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.

How is Mr. 10 and 10 Baby Hakeem future All-Star Nazr Mohammed coming along?

How is that bet holding up?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2006, 11:14 PM
LJ,

You must have missed Nazr in games 1 and 2 in particular, when he singlehandedly outboarded both the Wallaces...

Damn, I forgot about the bet, what was it again? :lol

Bruno
01-12-2006, 11:15 PM

I don't see us winning the Denver serie without Nazr.
And for the draft pick, Lee was Isiah Thomas choice : Spurs won't likely have picked him if they have this pick. i don't see the purpose of bringin his stats.

timvp
01-12-2006, 11:19 PM
LJ,

You must have missed Nazr in games 1 and 2 in particular, when he singlehandedly outboarded both the Wallaces...

Pardon?

Game One
Ben - 7 rebounds
Rasheed - 8 rebounds
Nazr - 7 rebounds

Game Two
Ben - 8 rebounds
Rasheed - 8 rebounds
Nazr - 5 rebounds

timvp
01-12-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't see us winning the Denver serie without Nazr.
And for the draft pick, Lee was Isiah Thomas choice : Spurs won't likely have picked him if they have this pick. i don't see the purpose of bringin his stats.

Um, if Thomas picked a good player with that pick ... imagine what the Spurs could have done.

In case you have forgotten, the Spurs do well with late first round picks.

:hat

Buddy Holly
01-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Pardon?

Game One
Ben - 7 rebounds
Rasheed - 8 rebounds
Nazr - 7 rebounds

Game Two
Ben - 8 rebounds
Rasheed - 8 rebounds
Nazr - 5 rebounds

Fucking Aggie got bent over and owned.

Gig 'em!

ShoogarBear
01-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Whatever else you want to say about Isaih, the man knows how to draft, starting with Damon Stoudamire.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2006, 11:22 PM
got bent over and owned.

I ain't got nothing on what you, Dizz, and Dusty used to do every Friday night.

Buddy Holly
01-12-2006, 11:24 PM
I ain't got nothing on what you, Dizz, and Dusty used to do every Friday night.

YOU GOT OWNED BY TIMVP

Gig 'em!

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2006, 11:25 PM
:lmao

Whatever. You can't even run smack, so you have to try and gravy train on someone else.

Hey, Buddy Holly, when is the first Saints game at the Dome next year?

Bruno
01-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Um, if Thomas picked a good player with that pick ... imagine what the Spurs could have done.

In case you have forgotten, the Spurs do well with late first round picks.

:hat

In case you have forgotten, Spurs draft a long term prospect like Mahinmi with a late first. Not sure they will have drafted a guy who can contribute this year.

In case you have forgotten, they planned to sign another PF just after the draft (Scola). they won't have draft a guy like Lee.

Buddy Holly
01-12-2006, 11:27 PM

Whatever. You can't even run smack, so you have to try and gravy train on someone else.

Hey, Buddy Holly, when is the first Saints game at the Dome next year?

YOU GOT PWN'D BITCH

gig 'em!

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2006, 11:28 PM
:rolleyes

I'm not the one with a tattoo of Dusty and Dizz on my ass cheeks. That's ownage

Buddy Holly
01-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Seriously... that's what you call "smack?"

I think the retarded 4th grader across the street runs better smack than you.

But then again, that same 4th grader could probably get tenure at Texas A&M.