PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Proposal Stories

angel_luv
12-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I'll start. :D

This afternoon Bo took me to our favorite park- one which we early in our dating relationship named Paris Park.

The story behind the name: I had always daydreamed about how romantic it would be to meet my future husband in Europe. I envisoned my crossing a bridge one way and he coming across it from the other direction, the two of us meeting in the middle, our eyes meeting, and then us deciding to travel on together forever.

Our first time at the Park, about a month into our dating relationship, I told Bo what I had imagined and he had us re-enact it.
We pretended a football goal, near our bridge was the Eiffel Tower. It was really sweet.

So today, Bo went to Jim's and bought us tortilla soup ( my favorite) and packed it and a blanket and would only tell me that we were going on a picnic.
We got to the park and went to a spot near " our bridge" at which point Bo presented me with three gorgeous sunflowers ( my favorite flower).

We ate lunch and then Bo asked me if I wanted to go for a walk, like when did the first time we ever went to the park.
We went over the bridge and Bo stopped in the middle of it and kissed me- our first kiss on our bridge.

Then Bo said, " Do you remember when you told me about your daydream of meeting your future husband on a bridge in Europe?"

Then he went to re-enact it, which I at first didn't think anything of because Bo is sweet and sentimental like that.

But as I walked across the bridge to go to my side of it for the re-enactment, it suddenly occurred to me: " Wouldn't this be a super romantic way to propose."
I met Bo in the middle of the bridge and he was narrating the re-enactment and he said, " You're in Europe on the bridge and crossing it. You see a guy..."

" A really good looking one," I interjected.

Bo went on, " You run into each other and then he gets on his knee and asks, " Will you marry me?"

By this point Bo was on his knee holding out towards me the most gorgeous engagement ring ever.
And I said: "Seriously?????" and " Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:married:

Slydragon
12-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Damn, guess that's a big step to take just to get laid.

I kid I kid, congrat's :toast and now that you are 100% taken you will be place on ignore. :lol

johnsmith
12-05-2008, 11:42 PM
I kid I kid, congrat's :toast and now that you are 100% taken you will be place on ignore. :lol

100%??????????//

See Johnsmith thread...........

Slydragon
12-05-2008, 11:44 PM
100%??????????//

See Johnsmith thread...........

He got mad at me :depressed

blizz
12-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I proposed to my wife in our hotel room in Florence, Italy over-looking the Basilica di Santa Croce over some tiramisu.

Trainwreck2100
12-05-2008, 11:48 PM
looks like I'll take back my title of "Spurstalk's favorite virgin"

desflood
12-05-2008, 11:54 PM
That's great Angel. Congrats!

BruceBowenFan
12-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Congratz

Dr. Gonzo
12-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Congrats Veronica. You two are great people and I wish you two the best.

DannyT
12-06-2008, 12:16 AM
you cant make a ho a house wife....but in this case shes a virgin....so tell us when the wedding is so we can start the countdown....I think I have to congradulate bo moreso on this one

but good luck to both of you

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-06-2008, 12:19 AM
And just like that Slovenian hearts all over the world are breaking tonight....

Congratulations!!!! All the luck in the world to you two. Liz echoes those sentiments and demands pictures of the ring ASAP. I'm assuming that this will be a true Spurstalk wedding with you guys exchanging your vows in the Quatro and Reverend Midge as the officiant.

Our proposal story was pretty basic. I took a knee in the middle of the living room of my apartment, took out the ring, popped the question. We'd be talking about marriage for a while already so there wasn't exactly much element of surprise in any of it.

Once again, congratulations to you both. :toast Here's to forever!

DannyT
12-06-2008, 12:28 AM
and for the record my wife proposed to me...and she is why we are still together.

Strong woman...

Kriz-Maxima
12-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Congrats!

MannyIsGod
12-06-2008, 12:34 AM
and for the record my wife proposed to me...and she is why we are still together.

Strong woman...

And a weak man.

Oh snap.

Congrats Angel. Bo, you gotta do what you gotta do to get laid.

ashbeeigh
12-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Amazing story Veronica! You two are amazing and I wish you all the best!

Jekka
12-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Congrats, you two! I would like to echo easjer's sentiments and demand pictures of the ring!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-06-2008, 12:43 AM
What's the fascination with seeing the ring?

duncan228
Congrats angel_luv, that's so wonderful! I'm thrilled for you both. What a sweet, romantic way for Bo to propose. I hope you both make each other's dreams come true forever.

DannyT
wow do you want to see if he did it up right?

everyone wants to see how big the "ring" was...

and its easy to talk big when you back in muslim america, mich.

Kori Ellis
12-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Ahh.. how cute! Another SpursTalk couple on the way to the altar. Congrats to you both.

I think you know the story of LJ's proposal to me but if not (from another thread):

LJ and I knew/talked about getting married on the phone before we even met. I flew to San Antonio to meet him for the first time in April 2002 and we officially got engaged in May.

The engagement day was very romantic. I was taking a shower at his townhouse and when I came out, all the lights to the bedroom were out and the room was filled with red, white and pink candles. There were rose petals all over the bed along with a dozen long-stemmed red roses.

On the bed were also a few cute items: A Princess Barbie doll that he cut the hair a little shorter and colored the hair with a Sharpie so that it would look like me. Four stuffed animals dogs representing each of my dogs (I had 4 dogs when I lived in L.A.). Also a few cards that he had written some very nice things. This is when I thought he was going to propose. But that wasn't it.

After this whole presentation, we went downstairs to watch the NBA playoffs. At halftime, he went upstairs to get something then came back down. As I was walking across the room, he grabbed my hand and got on one knee. And said, "Princess, I love you so much. I love you so much. Will you marry me?" and presented the ring.

I said, "Of course" and we lived happily ever after.

Jekka
12-06-2008, 12:48 AM

It's not about size, it's just interesting to see what rings guys pick out. It's a statement about how he has interpreted her taste, or alternatively, his taste - it's almost like a cultural artifact. I'm sure not every woman looks at it with the same academic nerdiness that I do, but that's why I think it's cool to see the ring.

I. Hustle
12-06-2008, 12:51 AM
That sounds pretty ghey.

JK are you going to at least give him oral now?

MannyIsGod
12-06-2008, 01:02 AM

:lmao

If the last part was directed at me I'll just tell you that I'm in San Antonio.

angel_luv
12-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Here it is....

http://i34.tinypic.com/11tq36c.jpg

MannyIsGod
12-06-2008, 01:45 AM
I don't know much about rings but I like that one.

td4mvp21
12-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Nice story. Congrats to both of you!!

duncan228
12-06-2008, 02:11 AM
It's beautiful angel. Thanks for sharing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Congrats, you two.

That makes more than a handful of ST couples now, doesn't it?

timvp
12-06-2008, 03:03 AM
c'grats.

whottt
12-06-2008, 03:26 AM
Congrats Angel and Bo :tu

marini martini
12-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Aw man, I'm so happy for the two of you!!!!:toast

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff231/marini-martini/82908GTG003.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
12-06-2008, 04:00 AM
tiramisu.

i see she liked the bu-cake? bukkake :D:D:D

tiremisu ummm nhom nhom nhom

Fabbs
12-06-2008, 04:15 AM
Congratulations!

Wow that was a surprise. I thought the thread was going to be on others stories. Didnt even know you were dating. Is this a 1st time revelation on ST? How long have you and Bo been making cow eyes at each other?

Slomo
12-06-2008, 04:29 AM
Congratulations from the Slomo family Angelca&Bo! :tu

I guess I'll start following the Quattro thread now so that I don't miss the ceremony :lol

ploto
12-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Congrats! Are you going to Slovenian on your honeymoon. :lol

PM5K
12-06-2008, 11:38 AM
:vomit:

RashoFan
12-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Congrats to Veronica & Bo! :toast
What a beautiful way to be proposed to....way to go Bo(mad points to you ;))
The ring is gorgeous but it does not outdo the beautiful woman wearing it...again, way to go Bo(BONUS POINTS!!!)
I am happy for you both. Many blessings and many beautiful years to you two kids!
Love you Lil Sis!

mwahahahaha mwahahahaah mwahahahaha...
Allt he cute single Slovenia guys are all mine now...
ahahahahahaahahahah

:devil
just kidding...
:D

Big P
12-06-2008, 11:59 AM
I was waiting for the " Yo holmes, off to Bel Aire"....congrats

angel_luv
12-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks all for the kind wishes and thanks to those of you who shared your engagement stories.

Once I regained my power of speech after Bo proposed, one of my first thoughts was how excited I was about getting to share the news with all of you here on Spurstalk.

I would have posted about our engagement earlier yesterday evening, but Bo whisked me off to Schlitterbahn for the park's Christmas celebration.
And after that, Bo's parents had brownies, ice cream, and champagne for us at their house.

Side note about Schlitterbahn this holiday season:
The park is set up for Christmas time with lots of gorgeous lights, sledding down a water slide :wow, ice skating etc.

We had a great time there. It is worth taking the trip up there to experience it all. And if you go around 6 it is not crowded at all- or at least it wasn't last night.

mwahahahaha mwahahahaah mwahahahaha...
Allt he cute single Slovenia guys are all mine now...
ahahahahahaahahahah

:devil
just kidding...
:D

You should marry a Slovenian. That would be awesome... not quite so awesome as marrying Bo, but only I get to do that anyway. :D

Jekka
12-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Good job with the ring, Bo. And it looks lovely on you, Veronica :)

attention whore
12-06-2008, 12:43 PM
:spin:spin

Sunshine
12-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Congrats Angel! And the ring is gorgeous.

Dean and I were in Port Aransas back in May and we went on a moonlight walk along the beach. During the walk he got down on one knee, pulled the ring out of his pocket, dropped it into some seaweed, found it, then asked me to marry him.

We got married on October 25th.

ShoogarBear
12-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Congratulations

Cupid
12-06-2008, 01:26 PM
I aim to please. :tu

Strike
12-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Congratulations.

My proposal to my wife was nothing all that special. I proposed during a refractory period. Looking back, maybe I should've given it more thought when my brain was running on all cylinders.

Hindsight...

bigzak25
12-06-2008, 01:40 PM
that's pretty cool! congrats to both of you! God Bless!

PM5K
12-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Congrats Angel! And the ring is gorgeous.

Dean and I were in Port Aransas back in May and we went on a moonlight walk along the beach. During the walk he got down on one knee, pulled the ring out of his pocket, dropped it into some seaweed, found it, then asked me to marry him.

We got married on October 25th.

If I asked that in Port Aransas I'd get a huge no....

Heath Ledger
12-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Congrats Angel. Im proposing to my girl in about two weeks in Florida in front of her familly on Christmas.

tlongII
12-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Congratulations! Have fun together! :)

remingtonbo2001
12-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Thank you everyone.

Your well wishes are greatly appreciated. :)

DPG21920
12-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Very cool! Bo and Angel-luv were the first two people I met from SpursTalk at my first and only GTG. Good people, and god bless!

DannyT
12-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Congrats Angel. Im proposing to my girl in about two weeks in Florida in front of her familly on Christmas.

isn't that kinda scary HL?

xmas could go south for you real quick...hope it works out and congrats dude

Heath Ledger
12-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Nah bra. If it goes south I will be single in Vegas. Case closed. I may fly home early and celebrate!

JudynTX
12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Congratulations to you both! :toast

And have fun planning the wedding, don't let it stress you out. :)

spurschick
12-06-2008, 06:10 PM
I didn't even know you two were dating! :lol Shows how out of the loop I am.

Congrats!!!!:married:

angel_luv
12-06-2008, 10:56 PM

Awesome! I wish you all the best! :)

Silver21_Black20
12-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Congratulations (again) V!!! I hope you and Bo share a wonderful life together.

LuvBones
12-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Aww Bo is so romantic.. i'm so happy for you guys!! That's so sweet! Did ya'll meet on spurstalk? You know, I met my boyfriend from here almost two years ago.. nobody knows who he is :p: but I hope one day to marry him. :)

1Parker1
12-07-2008, 08:37 PM
OH MY GOD!! Congratulations you two!! I am so unbelievably happy for you both and I know that you'll have a great life ahead.

Bo, you've made Angel_Luv the happiest person I know this past year or so. And I know she's going to make you just as happy for the rest of your lives. Congrats again you two! And a beautiful proposal story too! :)

SequSpur
12-07-2008, 10:41 PM
that was a gay................

travis2
12-08-2008, 07:09 AM
Congratulations!

tp2021
12-08-2008, 07:56 AM
that was a gay................

A man proposing to a woman, so he can spend his whole life WITH A WOMAN...is gay?

Hmm...Sequ must be a real straight-shooter, if you catch my drift. :princess

ATRAIN
12-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Congrats Veronica and Bobbie thats awesome.

SpursWoman
12-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Congratulations. :)

DarkReign
12-08-2008, 09:59 AM

I sincerely hope you asked her father for her hand in marriage first.

DarkReign
12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Congratulations to you both.

My proposal was weak at best. Better to leave that story alone, its my one true regret in life that I didnt do that a whole lot different than I did. Ah well, hindisght.

Supergirl
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM
in my case, there was never actually a proposal, per se...my now-spouse and I had been talking for a couple years theoretically about what it might look like if we were to have a ceremony of some kind, if we were to take that step. Meanwhile, we had become more and more Jewish (even though she's not Jewish by birth) celebrating Shabbat, holidays, etc...so at some point we decided the next step would be to meet with rabbis. You know, just to continue our hypothetical research and talk about what it might look like if we got married.

We interviewed 2 rabbis, and when we showed up to meet with the first one (who was not the one who married us) she said "congratulations on your engagement!" We looked at each other in confusion and said "are we engaged? I guess we are..."

So at that point, we were "engaged." We got married a year later. About 85 people attended our ceremony and Cambridge, MA reception, and then we had regional receptions throughout the year in Miami, San Antonio, and Portland OR.

mrsmaalox
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM
My proposal was simple, he said, "Okay, yes or no, will you marry me? Take a minute to think it over because I only ask once." So I replied, "Hmm, well then I guess no". So then he proceeded to ask me everyday, at least 10 times per day, until I finally broke down and said "yes" just so I could have a little peace and quiet!! :lol

And congrats to you Angel and Bo! :toast

angel_luv
12-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Aww Bo is so romantic.. i'm so happy for you guys!! That's so sweet! Did ya'll meet on spurstalk? You know, I met my boyfriend from here almost two years ago.. nobody knows who he is :p: but I hope one day to marry him. :)

Hey there! Great to see you on the board! You are in my prayers. I hope all is well.

Here's to health, happiness, and a future proposal for you. :D
Your mystery boyfriend is blessed to have you in his life.
And I am dying to know who he is!

Tell me as an engagement present? :angel

ATRAIN
12-08-2008, 10:24 AM
My proposal was simple, he said, "Okay, yes or no, will you marry me? Take a minute to think it over because I only ask once." So I replied, "Hmm, well then I guess no". So then he proceeded to ask me everyday, at least 10 times per day, until I finally broke down and said "yes" just so I could have a little peace and quiet!! :lol

And congrats to you Angel and Bo! :toast

that explains a lot

angel_luv
12-08-2008, 10:24 AM
OH MY GOD!! Congratulations you two!! I am so unbelievably happy for you both and I know that you'll have a great life ahead.

Bo, you've made Angel_Luv the happiest person I know this past year or so. And I know she's going to make you just as happy for the rest of your lives. Congrats again you two! And a beautiful proposal story too! :)

Thanks, Friend! :D

You speak true. :)

tlongII
12-08-2008, 10:44 AM

Uh oh! You just put a lot of pressure on him if he's a member of this board! :lol

SpursWoman
12-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Uh oh! You just put a lot of pressure on him if he's a member of this board! :lol

meh ... if he's anything like User, he can manage to not succumb to the pressure. :spin

BacktoBasics
12-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Whatever it takes to get laid even if it mean sacrificing your freedom.

tlongII
12-08-2008, 11:13 AM
meh ... if he's anything like User, he can manage to not succumb to the pressure. :spin

Subtle (or not so subtle) hint? :lol

easjer
12-08-2008, 11:25 AM
SFIE read me the story - Congratulations! What a lovely proposal! Ring is gorgeous (and I like to see them because I like jewelry. Plain and simple).

SFIE gave you the abbreviated version, so I'll leave it at that.

jcrod
12-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Congrats.

JoeChalupa
12-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Congratulations!!!

Mixability
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50251

Post #8:

Oh yeah, the details......

It was our anniversary on Monday, she was expecting a fancy dinner. I had dropped fake hints by mentioning we should go to the Tower or downtown, etc. All the while, I had a private theatre rented out to play her favorite movie, Pretty Woman, which she was too young to see when it was first run in theatres. So I drove around in circles to confuse her, but finally I took her to the theatre.

After the movie, the credits rolled, as we got up to leave, the projectionist faded in a personal slideshow that I had made synced up to a song I had picked out. It highligted our relationship together along with pictures of our son. At the end of the slideshow, the question was popped. When she accepted my proposal, I told her to turn around and show the ring to our Moms. She was surprised to find out that they were there too to share the moment.

Yeah, mushy, I know.

Forgive me guys.

:)

Congrats!

1Parker1
12-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Danyo, I remember reading your proposal story before and I still gotta say, it's one of the MOST romantic stories I've heard. You did well! :tu :)

DarkReign
12-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Danyo, that is fucking awesome.

tlongII
12-08-2008, 09:45 PM
ghey

LuvBones
12-09-2008, 02:35 AM
Hey there! Great to see you on the board! You are in my prayers. I hope all is well.

Here's to health, happiness, and a future proposal for you. :D
Your mystery boyfriend is blessed to have you in his life.
And I am dying to know who he is!

Tell me as an engagement present? :angel

Haha! Will do..

sa_butta
12-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Congrats, nice ring BTW.

Dr. Gonzo
12-09-2008, 11:07 AM
I have one but it's not romantic at all.

It was the day after my second car accident because I'm a drunk bastard and I decided to check myself into a rehab clinic in the hill country. I had purchased a ring a few weeks back and was waiting for her birthday but I was going to end up missing it. So in all my soreness and pain of my rollover, I got down on one knee in our bedroom and proposed. She said yes.

I'm blessed to have such an incredible person in my life that decided to stick with my shit one last time and support me while I went to get help for my problem. I wasn't able to propose the way I planned to do it but it happened the way it was supposed to happen.

SpursWoman
12-09-2008, 11:26 AM
You guys, too?? Holy Smokes! Congratulations!!

Melmart1
12-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks goodness you finally told everyone, Midge! Now I don't have to remember not to mention it on here. Not that I have been around much lately, :lol but at least I can say congrats publicly now!

Dr. Gonzo
12-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks!

Ballcox
12-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Even though I've never met either of you, I wish you the best in your life together. Marriage is a lot of hard work, but it also can be very rewarding. Here is to experiencing the rewards of life together! :toast

MannyIsGod
12-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Well since everyone else is going...

JK - I ain't proposing to that bitch.

O.o

JK - she's not a bitch but I'm still not proposing.

florige
12-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks goodness you finally told everyone, Midge! Now I don't have to remember not to mention it on here. Not that I have been around much lately, :lol but at least I can say congrats publicly now!

:wow You have been gone awile. The one we knew and loved as Midge is no more. Steven is the new man of the hour.

ATRAIN
12-09-2008, 01:51 PM
:wow You have been gone awile. The one we knew and loved as Midge is no more. Steven is the new man of the hour.

Loved? Midge was a prick hahaha but then again so is this steven character. I already told you and sil congrats but ill say it publicly congrats Steven and Sandra. Sandra if he gets out of line remember call me and ill kick his ass.

squire
12-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Well since everyone else is going...

JK - I ain't proposing to that bitch.

O.o

JK - she's not a bitch but I'm still not proposing.

I'm no doctor, but that seemed kinda harsh.

Either way

SequSpur
12-10-2008, 12:35 AM
gay........

ShoogarBear
12-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Hey, Midge, congratulations!

Hey, SilBlack: Are you nuts?

Keeding.:p:

Viva Las Espuelas
12-10-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm no doctor, but that seemed kinda harsh.

Either way
feeding time is running late today.

angel_luv
12-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Congrats Steven and Sandra! :)

angel_luv
12-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Bump.

This Friday (the first one in December) last year, around lunch time, I was getting proposed to by my then boyfriend and now my handsome hubby, Bo. :married: :D

clambake
12-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Bump.

This Friday (the first one in December) last year, around lunch time, I was getting proposed to by my then boyfriend and now my handsome hubby, Bo. :married: :D

congratulations. you're entitled to a free oil change at jiffy lube.

angel_luv
12-04-2009, 11:19 AM
congratulations. you're entitled to a free oil change at jiffy lube.

:lol Close. Bo works for Express Lube.