PDA

View Full Version : 2008-12-05 Toros vs. Stampede game photos

ChumpDumper
12-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Box Score (http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/boxscore.jsp?gameId=2020800027)

I think some other posters were at the game. I'll let them elaborate on how we got badly outboarded and Marcus was the only consistent offensive threat. The Stampede have a big lineup and they can really play. I didn't know Brent Petway (playing SF, hint-hint) and Jermareo Davidson could shoot so well. I've got a party to get to.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/tasteoflog/08-12-05%20Toros-Stampede/P1030907.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/tasteoflog/08-12-05%20Toros-Stampede/P1030912.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/tasteoflog/08-12-05%20Toros-Stampede/P1030919.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/tasteoflog/08-12-05%20Toros-Stampede/P1030935.jpg

tp2021
12-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Your timing on these shots gets better after every game. The one of the block is pretty sweet.

duncan228
12-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah, the pics are great Chump. Thanks so much for letting us 'be there' with you.

Obstructed_View
12-06-2008, 12:33 AM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/tasteoflog/08-12-05%20Toros-Stampede/P1030912.jpg

Okay, I've been thinking that the rim looked low for a while now, and now I see a 6'11 guy with his feet almost touching the floor and his hand even with the rim. Seems like Shawn Bradley could touch the rim with his feet touching the floor, but he was seven inches taller. What the hell is up with the baskets in that place?

mystargtr34
12-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Okay, I've been thinking that the rim looked low for a while now, and now I see a 6'11 guy with his feet almost touching the floor and his hand even with the rim. Seems like Shawn Bradley could touch the rim with his feet touching the floor, but he was seven inches taller. What the hell is up with the baskets in that place?

:lol thats what i thought when i saw the other pics, but it that guys 6'11", that rim is about 9'8"

Obstructed_View
12-06-2008, 01:11 AM
It's like White Men Can't Jump, where Wesley Snipes is throwing it down on an 8 foot rim. Oh the irony.

ChumpDumper
12-06-2008, 03:50 AM
Your timing on these shots gets better after every game. The one of the block is pretty sweet.

Yeah, the pics are great Chump. Thanks so much for letting us 'be there' with you.Thanks. At this game I took the fewest pics because I failed to clear out my memory card. I guess I made them count.

Spurs Brazil
12-06-2008, 05:49 AM
Tolliver is ice cold also in D-League

If he doesn't get better I think it'll be almost impossible for him to stay after January 10

AFBlue
12-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Is it finally time to give Marcus Williams some credit for improving and to give him a shot with the Spurs?

Tolliver looks like an average D-league player (not an NBA player) when he's not hitting his shots, and Marcus has proven versatile enough to play a small-ball 4.

If the Spurs don't snatch up Williams, I think some other club is bound to with the way he's been playing. He could be a good addition...

leemajors
12-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Is it finally time to give Marcus Williams some credit for improving and to give him a shot with the Spurs?

Tolliver looks like an average D-league player (not an NBA player) when he's not hitting his shots, and Marcus has proven versatile enough to play a small-ball 4.

If the Spurs don't snatch up Williams, I think some other club is bound to with the way he's been playing. He could be a good addition...

we have a glut at his position.

tav1
12-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks, once again, for the photos.

benefactor
12-06-2008, 12:34 PM
we have a glut at his position.
Yeah...I'd like to see someone who is more like a forward and less like a swingman. I'd rather bring up Aaron Brown and give him a shot before Williams.

What is the status of Davidson and Petway? Does anyone own their rights?

Darkwaters
12-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Courtney Sims put up gawdy numbers again for Iowa.

ChumpDumper
12-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah...I'd like to see someone who is more like a forward and less like a swingman. I'd rather bring up Aaron Brown and give him a shot before Williams.

What is the status of Davidson and Petway? Does anyone own their rights?

Courtney Sims put up gawdy numbers again for Iowa.Each is free to be called up by any NBA team.

benefactor
12-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Courtney Sims put up gawdy numbers again for Iowa.
Energy vs. Mad Ants Box Score (http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/boxscore.jsp?gameId=2020800024)

Sims - 34pts, 14reb(5 offensive), 4blk, 8-10 from the stripe.

I don't see what we are waiting for.

wildbill2u
12-06-2008, 01:41 PM

Can you say camera angle and foreground and distance, boys and girls?

Good. I knew that you could.

ChumpDumper
12-06-2008, 01:42 PM
His feet are also pointing down.

T Park
12-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Energy vs. Mad Ants Box Score (http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/boxscore.jsp?gameId=2020800024)

Sims - 34pts, 14reb(5 offensive), 4blk, 8-10 from the stripe.

I don't see what we are waiting for.

Couldn't be that they know something you don't could it?

Obstructed_View
12-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Can you say camera angle and foreground and distance, boys and girls?

Good. I knew that you could.

So you're saying his feet are actually eight inches off the floor. Good, Yogi.

Tully365
12-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Great pics.

Can't wait to see Courtney Sims go up against the Toros. That is, if he's still in the d-league by then.

Sims, Petway, and Chris Hunter-- all ex-Michigan guys-- are looking pretty good so far.

benefactor
12-06-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm sure thats it....:rolleyes

Darkwaters
12-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Can't wait to see Courtney Sims go up against the Toros. That is, if he's still in the d-league by then.

Toros and Energy don't play until January 17th.

10 day contracts will be open by then and I'm sure someone will swallow him up on one. Who knows if he'll stick though.

I'd waive one of Ahearn, Vaughn or Tolliver in favor of Sims right now though. If they really think Ahearn could stick on the squad next year as the 3rd PG then keep him around and dismiss Vaughn. But if Ahearn is a serious question mark then dimiss him. Theres always the chance they could go back and recall him if Sims fizzles out and they think they made a mistake dismissing Blake. I'm not a fan of dismissing Tolliver because I've seen some good things from him and hes a big that knows our system. Having depth in our frontcourt is important with the geriatrics running around and Mahinmi constantly injured.

Even if Sims joins the Spurs and then goes back to Austin I still see it as a plus. Can you imagine how good the Toros would be with Sims/Ahearn or Sims/Tolliver? Or better yet...Sims/Mahinmi.

vander
12-06-2008, 09:49 PM

since the drafting of Parker, what has this team done to show that they know something we don't?

tp2021
12-06-2008, 09:50 PM
since the drafting of Parker, what has this team done to show that they know something we don't?

This should be fun!
I'll start.

George Hill.

vander
12-06-2008, 09:55 PM
This should be fun!
I'll start.

George Hill.

yes let's draw that conclusion after 18 games :lol
I still like the batum guy, lets compare them after a season or two

tp2021
12-06-2008, 10:03 PM
yes let's draw that conclusion after 18 games :lol
I still like the batum guy, lets compare them after a season or two

Both were players the Spurs liked. So, whichever one looks better "after a season or two," both are still evidence of players the Spurs knew about that most people didn't.

Tully365
12-07-2008, 02:32 AM
Toros and Energy don't play until January 17th.

10 day contracts will be open by then and I'm sure someone will swallow him up on one. Who knows if he'll stick though.

I'd waive one of Ahearn, Vaughn or Tolliver in favor of Sims right now though. If they really think Ahearn could stick on the squad next year as the 3rd PG then keep him around and dismiss Vaughn. But if Ahearn is a serious question mark then dimiss him. Theres always the chance they could go back and recall him if Sims fizzles out and they think they made a mistake dismissing Blake. I'm not a fan of dismissing Tolliver because I've seen some good things from him and hes a big that knows our system. Having depth in our frontcourt is important with the geriatrics running around and Mahinmi constantly injured.

Even if Sims joins the Spurs and then goes back to Austin I still see it as a plus. Can you imagine how good the Toros would be with Sims/Ahearn or Sims/Tolliver? Or better yet...Sims/Mahinmi.

I agree with you on Sims-- he has been on the rise since the end of last season and seems to have more potential than Ahearn at this point. Someone's gonna grab him soon. With Tony, Manu, Roger, Hill, & Finley, the backcourt is set. My choice for future 3rd string PG would be DeMarcus Nelson-- he was the ACC defensive player of the year last year at Duke, is playing well in the d-league, and has a wingspan even greater than George Hill's.

tp2021
12-07-2008, 02:42 AM
My choice for future 3rd string PG would be DeMarcus Nelson-- he was the ACC defensive player of the year last year at Duke, is playing well in the d-league, and has a wingspan even greater than George Hill's.

:wow So he can cut his toenails standing up without bending over?