PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm...I was wondering...

YellowFever
12-07-2008, 05:39 AM
I was discussing this with some friends the other day and the four of us came down 2 to 2 on this:

If Lebron James was to suffer a career ending injury in his next game and had to retire, would he make the HOF?

Or for that matter, Paul Pierce and Wade?
In those two's cases, they each have a ring but are not the "calibur" of Lebron.
Would any of them make it if they do not play another game in the NBA?

Shank
12-07-2008, 10:42 AM
No, no and no.

dirk4mvp
12-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Has a Finals MVP ever not made the hof?

James would more than likely make it considering he's accomplished more in almost 5 and a half season that most good players do in 15.

Armando
12-07-2008, 01:16 PM
I think Pierce and Wade will make it since they both have rings and Finals MVPs. I disagree with you Wade is on LeBron's caliber. Wade has accomplished more then James. James will get into the Endorsements Hall of Fame.

mavs>spurs2
12-07-2008, 01:27 PM
when it's all said and done lebron will own the record books as well as at least a couple championships..maybe more depending on how well of a supporting cast he has in years to come. no one ever in the history of the game can compare to him physically

Armando
12-07-2008, 01:28 PM
when it's all said and done lebron will own the record books as well as at least a couple championships..maybe more depending on how well of a supporting cast he has in years to come. no one ever in the history of the game can compare to him physically

IDK after all Ferry is still in charge of the Cavs.

Armando
12-07-2008, 01:30 PM

Besides I always get the impression that James cares more about individual numbers and endorsments then winning titles.

YellowFever
12-07-2008, 03:26 PM
I think Pierce and Wade will make it since they both have rings and Finals MVPs. I disagree with you Wade is on LeBron's caliber. Wade has accomplished more then James. James will get into the Endorsements Hall of Fame.

I agree completely. Thus my "calibur" remark with the quotes. I think Wade has accomplished more than Lebron at this point in their careers. I might put Wade in the HOF but not James.

We're not talking "when it's all said and done" we're talking right now. Lebron would not make it. Just because no one can compare him to physically doesn't mean he get to go to the HOF. Right now I would give someone like Billups the nod over James.

endrity
12-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Does Billups get in the hall of Fame??? I don't know, he doesn't have many eye popping seasons to be honest, this is probably the best he has played since 05-06, and that was his best ever I thought.

dirk4mvp
12-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Now that Billups is brought up in the discussion, I seriously want to know if any Finals MVP is not in the hall that is eligible.

Anybody know?

SenorSpur
12-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Has a Finals MVP ever not made the hof?

Cedric Maxwell - Boston Celtics (1981)

KidCongo
12-08-2008, 12:24 AM

Yes, but your a hater.

Brazil
12-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Cedric Maxwell - Boston Celtics (1981)
wow you're a bible