PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs aren’t done yet.

AC#21_TD ERA
12-07-2008, 08:03 AM
The Spurs are surging and alot of that has to do with the emergence of Roger "The Hitman Mason", Georgre Hill, and the Red Rocket.

I was a big critic of the Hitman signing in the off season but it’s turned out to be a great pick up. He’s exactly what we need, what makes him so valuable is his ability to play multiple positions and create his own shot.:hat

George Hill is playing ridiculously well for a rookie. As long as Pop continues to show faith in him he’lll will only get better. Hill’s biggest concern is the Spurs career Vaughn as long as he’s on the bench Pop is tempted to us him so get that garbage out of here because he’s already killed a number of Spurs careers.

It’s finally great to see the Red Rocket get consistent minutes.:hat I’m not surprised on how great he’s been playing. I’ve been a big fan of him all long. If Pop had shown faith in him from the beginning and not yanked him from the rotation for a mistake here and there then Bonner would have been even better now but its better late than never I guess. I hope he continues to start over Oberto because he’s a much better upgrade and brings a lot more to table. Go the Red Rocket!

That fifth championshp isn't out of the question after all in fact i can smell it.:toast

Brazil
12-07-2008, 08:15 AM
It’s finally great to see the Red Rocket get consistent minutes.:hat I’m not surprised on how great he’s been playing. I’ve been a big fan of him all long. If Pop had shown faith in him from the beginning and not yanked him from the rotation for a mistake here and there then Bonner would have been even better now but its better late than never I guess. I hope he continues to start over Oberto because he’s a much better upgrade and brings a lot more to table. Go the Red Rocket!

Props to you :toast. I admit I gave up on the red rocket a long time I'm happy for him. Anyway I'm sorry I can't believe that this "come back" is for real.

mrspurs
12-07-2008, 09:16 AM
It was just the Warriors. The warriors dont make any team better. If anything they just keep ya from a good nights rest. If anything the Warriors are a pure example of how the NBA works. They take the most talented basketball players in the world, and spread them around. The fans dont get a choice of who they want as coach or player. The fans get stuck with whatever the NBA sticks you with. Even if they stuck the Warriors with the best players in the league. As long as Nellie is running the show, the Warriors would never win it all. How the NBA can get away with suckering the people in Golden State like that to me is highway robbery. But you dont see toddlers sitting alone at a Warriors home game. Whats even more crazy is people still show up to follow Nellie. The power of Basketball is beyond any teams faults when it comes to fans. Im not taking anything away from our Spurs last night. They showed up to earn their pay. And of course Pop wasnt gonna let his team fall asleep against one of his mentors. The only thing fantastic about last nights game is none of our boys and Fab got hurt.

ancestron
12-07-2008, 03:41 PM
The only thing fantastic about last nights game is none of our boys and Fab got hurt.

huh?

AC#21_TD ERA
12-08-2008, 05:40 AM
It was just the Warriors. The warriors dont make any team better. If anything they just keep ya from a good nights rest. If anything the Warriors are a pure example of how the NBA works. They take the most talented basketball players in the world, and spread them around. The fans dont get a choice of who they want as coach or player. The fans get stuck with whatever the NBA sticks you with. Even if they stuck the Warriors with the best players in the league. As long as Nellie is running the show, the Warriors would never win it all. How the NBA can get away with suckering the people in Golden State like that to me is highway robbery. But you dont see toddlers sitting alone at a Warriors home game. Whats even more crazy is people still show up to follow Nellie. The power of Basketball is beyond any teams faults when it comes to fans. Im not taking anything away from our Spurs last night. They showed up to earn their pay. And of course Pop wasnt gonna let his team fall asleep against one of his mentors. The only thing fantastic about last nights game is none of our boys and Fab got hurt.

Yeah i know it was just the garbage Warriors so i wasn't basing this thread on that game. But what im trying to say is i never thought Mason and Hill will be this good. Also i didn't think the Red Rocket will get consistent minutes. So by the emergence of those 3 players they make us a real threat now. In the off season the Spurs biggest concern was to get a solid back up PG and another capable scorer and now we have adressed that. All we need now is a player like Kaman, someone that can help TD anchor the paint.

This trade works but i don't know if the Clippers would do it.:hat

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=83~2805~874~1982&teams=12~12~12~24&te=&cash=

m33p0
12-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Yeah i know it was just the garbage Warriors so i wasn't basing this thread on that game. But what im trying to say is i never thought Mason and Hill will be this good. Also i didn't think the Red Rocket will get consistent minutes. So by the emergence of those 3 players they make us a real threat now. In the off season the Spurs biggest concern was to get a solid back up PG and another capable scorer and now we have adressed that. All we need now is a player like Kaman, someone that can help TD anchor the paint.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=83~2805~874~1982&teams=12~12~12~24&te=&cash=

this is the hnh... person... your addressing your statement to.
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2178531/Villian-main_Full.jpg

Manufan909
12-08-2008, 07:38 AM

I doubt Pop would want to do it, since Bowen seems to have once again beaten Father Time, in less minutes of course. Maybe if you could switch Ime(don't know if they have similar contracts or not) then Pop would definitely try it. If he actively looked to trade various mixes of the 10-15 players for one of another teams' top 5. At least you put in Bowen and Fab, who are somewhat serviceable.

AC#21_TD ERA
12-08-2008, 08:15 PM
I doubt Pop would want to do it, since Bowen seems to have once again beaten Father Time, in less minutes of course. Maybe if you could switch Ime(don't know if they have similar contracts or not) then Pop would definitely try it. If he actively looked to trade various mixes of the 10-15 players for one of another teams' top 5. At least you put in Bowen and Fab, who are somewhat serviceable.

If you switched Bowen and Udoka that trade won't be successfull because the saleries don't match. Bowen is making 4 mill and Udoka is making 1 mill. If this trade did happen in the future it will serioulsy increase our chances at beating the Lakers. The Clippers hate the Lakers so i guess they wouldn't mind helping us out. :lol

Manufan909
12-08-2008, 09:15 PM
If you switched Bowen and Udoka that trade won't be successfull because the saleries don't match. Bowen is making 4 mill and Udoka is making 1 mill. If this trade did happen in the future it will serioulsy increase our chances at beating the Lakers. The Clippers hate the Lakers so i guess they wouldn't mind helping us out. :lol

True. They suck now anyways, any trade they make from now on will most likely improve them.