PDA

View Full Version : Its all total BS.........all these undefeated and 1 loss teams.

lebomb
12-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Who the fuck is the real national champ? Who deserves to be there? WTF :lmao

What a joke........whomever goes and whomever wins the so called championship bowl game is in NOWAY the champ. Too many undefeated teams and 1 loss teams out there to even dream of calling anyone the champ.

PLAYOFFS PLEASE!!! :rolleyes

dirk4mvp
12-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Alright! The same exact thread you've created 8 other times!

:tu

lebomb
12-07-2008, 11:06 AM
I know......I know..........Im just pissed. There are still people out there that think this crappy assed system works or just needs tweaking. It needs to be elimanate. Im going to shout it until someone fruggin listens!!! :(

:p:

Spurtacus
12-07-2008, 04:25 PM
We know.

doobs
12-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I've listened. So you can stop shouting now.

Anti.Hero
12-07-2008, 06:04 PM
All you people crying about it will still watch the games.

I'm not going to watch 1 single game.

Half of the fans have never even attended the school they root for, and the sport itself doesn't have a definite winner at the end of the season.

No thanks.

jack sommerset
12-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Who really cares. I don't. I like college football, I'm certainly not a die hard fan but I like all the bowl games throughout the month. Plus 1 game,4 game playoff, 8 game, when does it stop. The teams make there own schedule,ALOT of teams play easy schedules, how fair is that? Its college ball....COLLEGE....Kids are playing it. The way they have it now is good. Each bowl game these kids get there 15 minutes to show off there talents.

ClingingMars
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
FCS! FCS! FCS!

-Mars

Dr. Gonzo
12-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Just wait until UTSA gets a football team. Then there will be no question about the best team in college sports.

tp2021
12-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Florida wins by 2 touchdowns or less.
UT wins by 4 touchdowns or more.

That's my hope.

lebomb
12-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Who really cares. I don't. I like college football, I'm certainly not a die hard fan but I like all the bowl games throughout the month. Plus 1 game,4 game playoff, 8 game, when does it stop. The teams make there own schedule,ALOT of teams play easy schedules, how fair is that? Its college ball....COLLEGE....Kids are playing it. The way they have it now is good. Each bowl game these kids get there 15 minutes to show off there talents.

Ok..........so every other single solitary sport at any level is shit then because they have a playoff system???

College football is the ONLY and I mean ONLY sport where a true champ cannot be determined.

I can go online right now and say USC is every bit as good as anyone else, and they dont even get a shot. How the fuck is that fair? I dont even like USC......but hell they are just as deserving as any other team.

Alright......I wont talk about it anymore. At least until next week. LOL :lmao

samikeyp
12-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Ok..........so every other single solitary sport at any level is shit then because they have a playoff system???

College football is the ONLY and I mean ONLY sport where a true champ cannot be determined.

I can go online right now and say USC is every bit as good as anyone else, and they dont even get a shot. How the fuck is that fair? I dont even like USC......but hell they are just as deserving as any other team.

Alright......I wont talk about it anymore. At least until next week. LOL :lmao

Yes and no....D-1 college football is the only sport where that is true, the other levels have it right.

txallstar
12-07-2008, 10:59 PM
yeah div 1 AA has a playoff system. only way to go. some teams make the playoffs others dont just like other sports, some good teams miss the playoffs.
but in no damn way should arguments be:
well we derserve it better than you because we can score 60 plus a game and you dont

we lost to a good team you lost to a crappy team so you dont get a chance.

oh, wait we look good right now you dont look as good so we deserve it. dumbest shit ever.

im sure most here would be pissed if the spurs missed the playoffs because they lost to some crappy teams through out the season or couldnt score 100+ in every game but held opponents under 80 but had the best record in the nba.

Sean Cagney
12-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Although my Gators made the game this year and in 06 I agree some things in the BCS just flat out suck and everyone knows it. Playoffs are needed, but will they ever do it? I wish they would do it, that would end this argument once and for all each year. There is one team every year who has this complaint.

txallstar
12-07-2008, 11:20 PM
and what good is the bcs if they still consider the ap poll at the end of the season to crown some one co-champ. all bullshit and the excuse that playoffs make the seaon long cant be worked around. maybe if they started the playoffs on time we wouldnt have to site here for a month and half to watch the championship game.

lebomb
12-08-2008, 08:24 AM
and what good is the bcs if they still consider the ap poll at the end of the season to crown some one co-champ. all bullshit and the excuse that playoffs make the seaon long cant be worked around. maybe if they started the playoffs on time we wouldnt have to site here for a month and half to watch the championship game.

:worthy:

K-State Spur
12-08-2008, 10:34 AM
But the regular season in college football means something!!! THE REGULAR SEASON IS A PLAYOFF!!!

(you know, except for the weeks where OU lost to Texas and Florida lost to Mississippi at home - maybe the worst loss of any top 10 team. we're going to arbitrarily ignore those losses.)

as far as i'm concerned, college football season is over. i'm sure my curiosity will get the best of me for a couple of bowl games. but now we have games based around parades that involve teams coming off 5 week byes - c'mon that's not football.

samikeyp
12-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Although my Gators made the game this year and in 06 I agree some things in the BCS just flat out suck and everyone knows it. Playoffs are needed, but will they ever do it? I wish they would do it, that would end this argument once and for all each year. There is one team every year who has this complaint.

Agreed. Someone was going to get screwed this year. If it wasn't Texas, it would have been OU or maybe Tech, or even Bama or Florida.

How cool would a playoff have been with those 5 teams in it all having a shot?

Blake
12-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Agreed. Someone was going to get screwed this year. If it wasn't Texas, it would have been OU or maybe Tech, or even Bama or Florida.

How cool would a playoff have been with those 5 teams in it all having a shot?

could you imaging the top 8 teams in a playoffs, including Utah?

right now the UT vs Ohio St matchup means nothing more than Louisiana Tech vs Northern Illinois in the buildabear.com bowl. it's just bragging rights.

lebomb
12-08-2008, 11:35 AM
No shit..........this is what we would have right now.

#1 OU vs #8 Penn St.
#2 FL. vs #7 TT
#3 TX vs #6 Utah
#4 Ala vs #5 USC

This shit would kick ass........can you imagine the final two rounds of this???

Possibly OU vs FL and TX vs USC in the next round? Or Penn St. vs FL............and Utah vs Ala......shit would be awesome!!!!

The other bowl games mean Jack Shit anyhow. They could still be played as well.

chrisattsu
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
No shit..........this is what we would have right now.

#1 OU vs #8 Penn St.
#2 FL. vs #7 TT
#3 TX vs #6 Utah
#4 Ala vs #5 USC

This shit would kick ass........can you imagine the final two rounds of this???

Possibly OU vs FL and TX vs USC in the next round? Or Penn St. vs FL............and Utah vs Ala......shit would be awesome!!!!

The other bowl games mean Jack Shit anyhow. They could still be played as well.

I've got to admit that sounds a hell of a lot more entertaining.

Blake
12-08-2008, 12:03 PM
the ratings for those 4 games would be out of this world.

....but ohhhhh nooo......we have to watch Bama vs Utah in the WHOGAS bowl

romad_20
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
(you know, except for the weeks where OU lost to Texas and Florida lost to Mississippi at home - maybe the worst loss of any top 10 team. we're going to arbitrarily ignore those losses.)

That FL loss was pretty bad, but Ole Miss is not a horrible team, especially if they beat TT in the Cotton.

God I hate Florida.:bang

romad_20
12-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Sugar Bowl has gotten the shaft the last 3 years. 3 straight blowouts and bad matchups. LSU vs ND, UGA vs UH and now Bama vs Utah. I'm sorry but I don't think Utah puts up much resistance.

tonylongoriafan
12-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Just wait until UTSA gets a football team. Then there will be no question about the best team in college sports.

the best college football in a 89 mile radius! :ihit

K-State Spur
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
That FL loss was pretty bad, but Ole Miss is not a horrible team, especially if they beat TT in the Cotton.

God I hate Florida.:bang

No, it wasn't a terrible loss.

But it's worse than OU's loss, worse than UT's loss, worse than Penn State's loss (Iowa on the road is tougher than Miss at home), worse than Tech's, Utah didn't have one, it's worse than both of Ohio State's, worse than USC's, worse than Alabama's, etc...

Not a bad loss, but the worst of that group.

tsb2000
12-08-2008, 03:11 PM
The bullshit of it all is that for the second time in three years, UTAH goes undefeated and gets jobbed out of a title shot. Someone please tell me where the bottom of the SEC or Big 12 is competitive, as opposed to the MWC? The strength of schedule comments from the media keeping Utah out is total crap! The MWC Own3d the Pac-10 this year, and still Utah is not even considered in the hunt.

We need playoffs NOW!!!

romad_20
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
The bullshit of it all is that for the second time in three years, UTAH goes undefeated and gets jobbed out of a title shot. Someone please tell me where the bottom of the SEC or Big 12 is competitive, as opposed to the MWC? The strength of schedule comments from the media keeping Utah out is total crap! The MWC Own3d the Pac-10 this year, and still Utah is not even considered in the hunt.

We need playoffs NOW!!!

I'm curious to see what Utah does against Bama, but I don't think they have the horses to stay in that game. Maybe they prove me wrong but I think they will be overmatched on both lines.

lebomb
12-08-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm curious to see what Utah does against Bama, but I don't think they have the horses to stay in that game. Maybe they prove me wrong but I think they will be overmatched on both lines.

Yep.....just like OU and Boise State :rolleyes

It all on the field my man, all on the field. :ihit

chode_regulator
12-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Sugar Bowl has gotten the shaft the last 3 years. 3 straight blowouts and bad matchups. LSU vs ND, UGA vs UH and now Bama vs Utah. I'm sorry but I don't think Utah puts up much resistance.

i agree. i mean seriously folks you cant put utah in teh same class as these other "top tier" teams. i mean look at some of these teams they play. weber state, unlv, chair force, san diego state....not to mention teams like boise st and ball state that have smiliar gay schedules. i nkow that utah probably COULD beat texas, or oklahoma or florida and bama. but i mean realistically on a regular basis? no. especially if you threw them in a tougher conference. its one thing beating someone when youre team is all rested and fresh, another one when youre playing good teams week in and out. and yes i know that OU UT FL have some wweak schools on their schedule too.

Yep.....just like OU and Boise State :rolleyes

It all on the field my man, all on the field. :ihit

and the reason it was such a classic game is bc BS was supposed to lose and they didnt. but again, yes any given day one team can beat another. but until they start doing it consistently they need to stay out of the conversatin. i mean look at hawaii vs geaorgia last year. i'd rather see tech than utah in a bcs bowl

the only problem i have with florida going to the title game with their one loss is that it was against an UNRANKED team. and at home. that should rule them out, even though tehy did win their conference.

lebomb
12-08-2008, 08:34 PM
and the reason it was such a classic game is bc BS was supposed to lose and they didnt. but again, yes any given day one team can beat another. but until they start doing it consistently they need to stay out of the conversatin. i mean look at hawaii vs geaorgia last year. i'd rather see tech than utah in a bcs bowl

Who gives a fuck.....that is like saying Boston and the Lakers should win every year because they have tradition of winning and money. That is ignorant. How did your highschool or college do in championship games? Were they like Judson, Duke in basketball or Texas in football? If not, they suck and dont deserve to ever challenge for a title.

See how dumb that sounds??? :rolleyes

Im telling you right now.....I personally dont want to see USC, Ohio State, Florida and Texas every fucking year.......that sucks and gets old.
Damn.

K-State Spur
12-08-2008, 09:20 PM
NCAA football...the only sport where half the participants are INELIGIBLE for the championship before the season even begins.

Say what you will about Utah probably losing to the main powers (and I agree - they would), but they took care of business in every game and did everything right this year - which can't be said for the teams that are playing for the championship.

But because they don't play in a BCS conference, they are ineligible for a shot at the title. In what world does that make sense?

romad_20
12-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Say what you will about Utah probably losing to the main powers (and I agree - they would), but they took care of business in every game and did everything right this year - which can't be said for the teams that are playing for the championship.

But because they don't play in a BCS conference, they are ineligible for a shot at the title. In what world does that make sense?

I agree with you on your points. If I was a Utah or Boise St fan I would be pissed. They have both built respectable programs.

As to lebombs comments, what crawled up your ass with the :rolleyes:rolleyes. UGA has easily handled Hawaii (undefeated) and Boise St (with the same team that beat OU) in the last 3 years. Those teams will get the best of some of the big boys sometimes, but would lose 8 out of 10. Its not like I was saying they sucked, but they don't have the hosses up front like Bama, that's a fact, and football is won in the trenches. Pull the fucking stick out.

chode_regulator
12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Who gives a fuck.....that is like saying Boston and the Lakers should win every year because they have tradition of winning and money. That is ignorant. How did your highschool or college do in championship games? Were they like Judson, Duke in basketball or Texas in football? If not, they suck and dont deserve to ever challenge for a title.

See how dumb that sounds??? :rolleyes

Im telling you right now.....I personally dont want to see USC, Ohio State, Florida and Texas every fucking year.......that sucks and gets old.
Damn.

ehhh....my high school was a small high school and didnt try to play outside of its level. and guess what, when we did, we got destroyed. like we deserved.
and thats nothing like saying boston or the lakers should always win. alot of nba teams, or pro teams for that matter suck bc of management, or their market. i mean who wanted to play in cleveland before lebron came along? no one. but their is a reason why the lakers and celtics win alot. bc they ave that tradition and people want to go there. to contend.
and actually, i dont give a shit about other collegfe teams, but yeah as a UT fan i would lvoe to see them contend for the natl champ every year. or even play in it every year. and it wouldnt get boring to me. and i think seeing UT lose to OSU, not syahing its going to happen, would be alot more entertaining than to watch them destroy ball state

edit:oh eyah one year we did go to playoffs in hs football. and again we got destoyred. bc we played a better team.

lebomb
12-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Everyone that is at least in the top 8-16 teams should have a shot at the title period. That is the only fair way to do it. Anything else is just dumb.

Sorry I hurt your feewings romand 20.

It isnt a stick up my ass, its the BCS.

romad_20
12-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Everyone that is at least in the top 8-16 teams should have a shot at the title period. That is the only fair way to do it. Anything else is just dumb.

The BCS is up your ass, that must suck.

My feelings weren't hurt :lol I don't think that could happen on a message board. I agree with the playoffs and I don't think I've ever met a college football fan who thinks otherwise.

lebomb
12-09-2008, 09:22 AM
The BCS is up your ass, that must suck.

My feelings weren't hurt :lol I don't think that could happen on a message board. I agree with the playoffs and I don't think I've ever met a college football fan who thinks otherwise.

no hard feelings man......................It just irks me when I read or hear the college national championship is OU vs FL. Why? Because of a computer? WTF?? That is the most stupid crap you could think of. :lmao

chode_regulator
12-09-2008, 09:16 PM

the only thing is, can you imagine the controversy over the cutoff team? i mean take the number 7 through 9 team, assuming an 8 team playoff, and you will have just as much harping as UT was doing trying to get enough votes to come outahead of ou. which poll is used to decide the top 8? do they make a whole new poll and poll system?

ClingingMars
12-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Yes and no....D-1 college football is the only sport where that is true, the other levels have it right.

correction. D-1 FBS football.

D-1 FCS football has it right.

-Mars

lebomb
12-10-2008, 08:48 AM
the only thing is, can you imagine the controversy over the cutoff team? i mean take the number 7 through 9 team, assuming an 8 team playoff, and you will have just as much harping as UT was doing trying to get enough votes to come outahead of ou. which poll is used to decide the top 8? do they make a whole new poll and poll system?

This is still better than any team after the so called #2 being completely eliminated dont you think?? :(

K-State Spur
12-10-2008, 10:55 AM

I hear this argument and - frankly - it doesn't hold any water.

It's like the NCAA basketball tournament - does anybody really care if the #63 or #64 team gets screwed over in favor of the #66 or #67 team? Virtually zero once the tournament starts - you know you have the best team in the field somewhere.

Yes, whoever gets left out of a football tournament would be pissed - but if it's the #9 or the #17 team, nobody will care once it gets going. It'll have been pretty obvious that the best team is still in the field somewhere. However, with the BCS/Bowls - strong/valid arguments can be made over half the time that the truly best team isn't playing for the championship.

chode_regulator
12-10-2008, 05:43 PM
This is still better than any team after the so called #2 being completely eliminated dont you think?? :(

yes but i doubt anyone in power cares what i think. maybe if fans revolted!!
it seems kinda like during the season that as long as you win you pretty much old your position in the rankings. only towards the end do you start losing spots even though you win. :downspin:

I hear this argument and - frankly - it doesn't hold any water.

It's like the NCAA basketball tournament - does anybody really care if the #63 or #64 team gets screwed over in favor of the #66 or #67 team? Virtually zero once the tournament starts - you know you have the best team in the field somewhere.

Yes, whoever gets left out of a football tournament would be pissed - but if it's the #9 or the #17 team, nobody will care once it gets going. It'll have been pretty obvious that the best team is still in the field somewhere. However, with the BCS/Bowls - strong/valid arguments can be made over half the time that the truly best team isn't playing for the championship.

yeah b ut i think thats kinda comparing apples to oranges. i mean if youre team aint good enough to get into a 64 team tourney, then you suck. and none of the power house schools get left out in that situation. i mean if texas basketball loses 8 games this season, theyll still make teh tourney. in teh 8 team fball playoff you have an undefeated team, though it is a weak ass schedule, not making the tourney.
and im not saying thats reason to not do a playoff, just think of the harping going on for the teams on "teh bubble" i mean it owuld be worse than mack brown going on tv every chance he got

edit:isnt their 65 teams in the bball tourney?

samikeyp
12-10-2008, 06:00 PM
correction. D-1 FBS football.

D-1 FCS football has it right.

-Mars

Fuck that, its D1 and D1-AA and you repeated my point.

-Mike

ClingingMars
12-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Fuck that, its D1 and D1-AA and you repeated my point.

-Mike

actually, they no longer use the A and AA titles. It IS the FCS and the FBS.

however, when it WAS the A system, it was D1-A for the FBS, and D1-AA for the FCS.

and yes, I agree with your point, that everyone but the FBS has it right.

-Mars

samikeyp
12-10-2008, 06:50 PM
actually, they no longer use the A and AA titles. It IS the FCS and the FBS.

however, when it WAS the A system, it was D1-A for the FBS, and D1-AA for the FCS.

and yes, I agree with your point, that everyone but the FBS has it right.

-Mars

Gee, uhh..yes it is..did you actually think I didn't know that? Anyone who knows college football knows to who I am referring to. The NCAA no longer use it but a lot of us do.

ClingingMars
12-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Gee, uhh..yes it is..did you actually think I didn't know that? Anyone who knows college football knows to who I am referring to. The NCAA no longer use it but a lot of us do.

I find most people to be uneducated about the FCS. Hell, there was a lot I didn't know until coming to JMU.

-Mars

lebomb
12-11-2008, 08:32 AM
This season, Florida (12-1) and Oklahoma (12-1) will meet in the BCS title game Jan. 8 in Miami.

Barton cited Southern California in 2003 and undefeated Auburn in 2004 as examples of worthy teams left out of the BCS national championship game.

"This year, we again have two teams with one loss each playing for the 'championship,' while two undefeated teams and four additional teams with only one loss will play in bowl games, but none can become 'champion,"' he said.

When an Energy and Commerce subcommittee held a hearing about the BCS in 2005, lawmakers said they weren't going to pursue legislation.

"The BCS method of determining who is No. 1 consistently misfires," Barton said Wednesday. "Simply exposing the flaws and subjecting them to discussion ... hasn't led to improvement by those who run the system."

LMAO..............this statement cant be anymore TRUE. F......the BCS. :ihit

tsb2000
01-03-2009, 12:15 AM

WRONG!!!! :)

Utah Utes- the real BCS champs!

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 12:23 AM
WRONG!!!! :)

Utah Utes- the real BS champs!

I could say the same for FLA if we win next week, the thing is we can argue this till we are blue in the face, until a playoff comes we will continue to have this argument.

tsb2000
01-03-2009, 12:46 AM
I could say the same for FLA if we win next week, the thing is we can argue this till we are blue in the face, until a playoff comes we will continue to have this argument.

You have no idea how I wished we could have played Florida and gave Urban Meyer his comeuppance for abandoning us.

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 01:00 AM
You have no idea how I wished we could have played Florida and gave Urban Meyer his comeuppance for abandoning us.

I BET!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA how bad I wanted FLA to beat ALA because what he did to MY MIAMI Dolphins team, we hate HIM with a passion! I hate Spurrier that way too! Man you have no idea how the hate runs deep. FLA and Utah would be a good game though, can't argue that. One thing is for sure, Utah and FLA are better than Alabama, we know that.