PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep yourself from getting too excited?

T Park
12-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Last night I took a date to the Spurs game and had the most AMAZING time.

I mean it was one of those times where it didn't seem real.

So how do you keep yourself from getting too excited. I mean it was one date, you can't I mean fall for someone on one date right? I mean thats totally not healthy and not good to do right?

What do you do to temper yourself after said fantastic date from wanting to jump too fast to conclusions and what not?

Ginofan
12-07-2008, 12:00 PM
put on 2 condoms.

Bigzax
12-07-2008, 12:05 PM
what happened to your A&M princess? :wakeup

glad your 1st date when well brah!

it's time for you to do a george costanza. all the others cut and run. so try doing the opposite of your instincts and see if you hit the jackpot...:tu

goodluck!

TDMVPDPOY
12-07-2008, 12:06 PM
shit....u didnt A2M on first date? ur missing out

tonylongoriafan
12-07-2008, 12:07 PM
stay down

Bigzax
12-07-2008, 12:10 PM
seriously though,

rub one out and eat a cheeseburger before you pick her up...

you should be good for at least 8 hours after doing that...

florige
12-07-2008, 12:26 PM

it's time for you to do a george costanza. all the others cut and run. so try doing the opposite of your instincts and see if you hit the jackpot...:tu

goodluck!

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. I thought they were on the verge of marriage from that thread he started around this time last year.

tonylongoriafan
12-07-2008, 12:31 PM
just leave the past behind...i'm the same way about dates...trust me, just stay down (be patient, don't get excited, and just go with whatever happens)

tlongII
12-07-2008, 12:38 PM

goodluck!

You gotta slow down dude.

ORION
12-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Last night I took a date to the Spurs game and had the most AMAZING time.

I mean it was one of those times where it didn't seem real.

So how do you keep yourself from getting too excited. I mean it was one date, you can't I mean fall for someone on one date right? I mean thats totally not healthy and not good to do right?

What do you do to temper yourself after said fantastic date from wanting to jump too fast to conclusions and what not?

Once you differentiate between excited and creepy you'll do fine.

Fascinated
12-07-2008, 01:16 PM
17 year old daily blog forum!

Last Comic Standing
12-07-2008, 01:21 PM
This is something you should ask a professional about!! Go two tents to the left past the bearded lady and see madam Marie asap! :tu

http://www.elcivics.com/fortune-teller-1.jpg

MrChug
12-07-2008, 01:25 PM
You get the obligatory 1st date BJ?

Last Comic Standing
12-07-2008, 01:38 PM
You get the obligatory 1st date BJ?

The young boy is asking advise on how not to get excited about a date he had and you want him to go into oral sex?
Let the guy ask other more important questions, like how to french kiss first ,let the poor guy take baby steps. Don't rush him!

my2cents

Heath Ledger
12-07-2008, 01:39 PM
If she didn't put out on the first date it's time to move on and cut your losses.

If she did put out on the first date, it's time to move on she's a whore.

Plenty of fish in the sea.

Last Comic Standing
12-07-2008, 01:40 PM

You are making this very difficult for me to not ruin this topic with that line! :lmao

SAGambler
12-07-2008, 02:05 PM
If she didn't put out on the first date it's time to move on and cut your losses.

If she did put out on the first date, it's time to move on she's a whore.

What are u? Like 12 or 13?

No wonder most women think men are pigs, with idiots like you running loose.

mouse
12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Tpark don't blow this!! Think about Tom Cruise or Paul McCartney and how much they spent for the divorce.

Think about diapers,child support what ever it takes to get you not to pull a George Costanza and smother her with to much creepy stalker type attention.

You have to make it seem like last night was ok, you have had better. Make her do all the work play hard to get then she will produce the passion fruit you so want and deserve.

or smoke a joint that might do it! :smokin

good Luck! :tu

jack sommerset
12-07-2008, 02:11 PM
You are making this very difficult for me to not ruin this topic with that line! :lmao

That brings up the question of century. What made the ocean stink so bad?

Heath Ledger
12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
What are u? Like 12 or 13?

No wonder most women think men are pigs, with idiots like you running loose.

Dipshit I'm about to propose to a girl after 10 years, I was being a smartass it's in my nature get over it. But if you think about it my comment makes sense..

Fpoonsie
12-07-2008, 03:35 PM
T4BmRTHSlmc

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-07-2008, 03:44 PM
put on 2 condoms.

Damnit, Mandy... beat me to it.

CubanMustGo.
12-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Damnit, Mandy... beat me to it.

You came in last?

PakiDan
12-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Ummm - wait till she doesn't return your calls or she freaks at how giddy you are acting and bolts. That will calm you down.

CubanMustGo.
12-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Ummm - wait till she doesn't return your calls or she freaks at how giddy you are acting and bolts. That will calm you down.

This vato knows his shit! :tu

how deep in your luv
12-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Tpark how deep is your love?

MaNuMaNiAc
12-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I know how... act like a you have a pair.

Dr. Gonzo
12-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Go all in. Fuck it, get excited.

SequSpur
12-07-2008, 10:45 PM
don't tell her about this place....

ploto
12-07-2008, 11:38 PM

Good idea.

marini martini
12-08-2008, 12:11 AM

Good idea.
:toast

Ever heard of Thorazine???:sleep

E20
12-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Punch yourself in the 'nads.

Kori Ellis
12-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Just relax and slow down. I'm not sure what happened with you and the A&M girl, but you thought you were talking about marrying her just a few months ago. Now after one date, you think this girl is something special. They aren't all special and marriage-material. If you get excited and think every girl is "the one", then you are never going to be able to recognize the real one when you actually do find her. Just date and see what happens. And don't buy her anything except for birthdays and Christmas. Good luck.

MannyIsGod
12-08-2008, 01:19 AM

jcrod
12-08-2008, 02:36 AM

:tu :lol

ploto
12-08-2008, 11:55 AM
And don't buy her anything except for birthdays and Christmas. Good luck.

I was thinking about this same aspect- do not go overboard for Christmas when you just started dating in December.

mrsmaalox
12-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Just read this:

Blake
12-08-2008, 12:08 PM
go read the breakups thread right before you go out with her again.

that'll keep your snake in it's cage.

JoeChalupa
12-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Tell yourself not to get too excited.

mouse
12-08-2008, 12:30 PM
that'll keep your snake in it's cage.

Snake,are you giving Tpark a little to much credit? If he had a snake this wouldn't be only his second date in 6 months! :toast

Tpark what have you told her about you thus far? Depending on how much about your life she knows already can sometimes determine what should be your next move.

And now that it's been a few days how about some updates?

2centsworth
12-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Tpark- Nothing wrong with getting excited over a woman. Take a deep breathe and know most guys feel the same way. It's like a lion that spots its prey. However, you don't want to scare the prey away. Let her get comfortable and when she least expects it......

tlongII
12-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Buy her a new car! :tu

mouse
12-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Tpark It's like a lion that spots its prey. ..

Why not ask one of the Club's cougars for advise?

http://weblogs.cltv.com/entertainment/tv/metromix/cougar.jpg

S_A_Longhorn
12-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Don't worry, T PARK. Our date didn't go THAT well...

I Love Me Some Me
12-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Act like you've been there before.

I. Hustle
12-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Just out of curiosity... How do you take a girl to a Spurs game when y'all are only in an internet relationship? Did you watch the game on your tv and she saw it on hers while you two chatted online?

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Don't put...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/117/309896204_d4331fe2f0.jpg?v=0

- Jay, in The 40 Year Old Virgin

Last Comic Standing
12-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Act like you've been there before.

This is new territory for Tpark kinda like when he eats a salad for dinner. I would stay clear of her for awhile, just think of her as a can of...............

http://www.brandchannel.com/images/FeaturesProfile/profile_img1_slimfast.jpg

:lmao

(harmless ribbing)

I hope you give updates and don't leave us hanging like your last date story.

whottt
12-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Some girls like it when you get excited...just depends on the girl.

But the way you keep yourself from getting too excited as you asked...

Not to sound cliched...but you do that by not worrying about it.

It's all in your head.

Last Comic Standing
12-08-2008, 01:41 PM
It's all in your head.

And in the head that is on your shoulders also! :toast

I. Hustle
12-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I think about baseball

Triumph
12-08-2008, 01:54 PM
have you ever thought about xanax my portly friend.

pop those like m&m's and you are home free.

TheSanityAnnex
12-08-2008, 01:55 PM
So how do you keep yourself from getting too excited.
Try going on more than one date per year.

tonylongoriafan
12-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Just relax and slow down. I'm not sure what happened with you and the A&M girl, but you thought you were talking about marrying her just a few months ago. Now after one date, you think this girl is something special. They aren't all special and marriage-material. If you get excited and think every girl is "the one", then you are never going to be able to recognize the real one when you actually do find her. Just date and see what happens. And don't buy her anything except for birthdays and Christmas. Good luck.

that's horrible advice...you have to go all in, that's the exciting part...just try to stay down a little at the beginning

FromWayDowntown
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
I just think about baseball.

CosmicCowboy
12-08-2008, 03:43 PM
I have to laugh every time I read the title of this thread.

2Blonde
12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I have to laugh every time I read the title of this thread.
My first thought was "I'm sure they make some sort of lotion for that, don't they?" :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I just think about baseball.

I just think about T Park playing baseball. Does the trick every time.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-08-2008, 04:16 PM
For some reason now I'm picturing 2Blonde playing baseball, and I can't get the image out of my mind...wth?!!

She's playing second, and just scooped up a hard shot past the pitcher, Renee Russo. She underhands it to the short stop, Sandra Bullock, who throws a bullet to Leonard Nimoy who's playing first, just beating a head-first diving Pete Rose.

Nice double play, guys!!!

Of course, everyone's naked.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Except Pete...that would have been too painful...for both of us.

Triumph
12-08-2008, 04:21 PM
try practicing in front of a chocolate cake...

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-08-2008, 04:22 PM
If I could have just one wish this Christmas season it's that Ed becomes the GM of the Yankees and puts Steinbrenner's check book to good use.

jack sommerset
12-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Is this guy talking about squirting to fast or he is giddy like a lil girl because he went on a date?

Trainwreck2100
12-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Is this guy talking about squirting to fast or he is giddy like a lil girl because he went on a date?

The latter

jack sommerset
12-08-2008, 04:33 PM
The latter

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

urunobili
12-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Xanax?

2centsworth
12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
try practicing in front of a chocolate cake...

easjer
12-08-2008, 04:58 PM
:lol to this thread

TPark, in all seriousness, I would echo Kori's advice. It's ok to feel excited and look forward to seeing her again, but you don't want to come off too strongly, nor do you want to let your excitement form a glorified opinion of her in place of actually getting to know the real person. One date at a time, and take it as it comes. Then you get to know the real person and form a real connection based on an actual relationship rather than the butterflies in your stomach. The butterflies don't last forever, and if you base a relationship on that, you'll always be looking for a new one once the illusion you created shatters and the human comes through.

T Park
12-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the great advice.

:rolleyes

T Park
12-08-2008, 05:00 PM
:lol to this thread

TPark, in all seriousness, I would echo Kori's advice. It's ok to feel excited and look forward to seeing her again, but you don't want to come off too strongly, nor do you want to let your excitement form a glorified opinion of her in place of actually getting to know the real person. One date at a time, and take it as it comes. Then you get to know the real person and form a real connection based on an actual relationship rather than the butterflies in your stomach. The butterflies don't last forever, and if you base a relationship on that, you'll always be looking for a new one once the illusion you created shatters and the human comes through.

Thank you to you and Kori for the great advice.

I appreciate it alot and I will try that.

Were going out again tonight. I dunno, theres just this, click that we have that is unexplainable.

I understand what your saying and will follow through. :)

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the great advice.

:rolleyes

Did you really expect serious advice from this group?

T Park
12-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Did you really expect serious advice from this group?

It happens once in a while, but my faith in humanity and its maturity extended foolishly to here apparently.

I took yours into consideration as it seemed more mature and at least more giveashit than the others.

Some were kidding I know, but some were just straight jackasses.

ORION
12-08-2008, 05:09 PM
It happens once in a while, but my faith in humanity and its maturity extended foolishly to here apparently.

I took yours into consideration as it seemed more mature and at least more giveashit than the others.

Some were kidding I know, but some were just straight jackasses.

Its hard to give advice when we don't know the chick. Sometimes love blinds you and you over look some bad qualities. I say if you really like her let her know. If she gets scared and takes off them let her go. If she is as serious and feels the same way about you then she will stay.

FromWayDowntown
12-08-2008, 05:19 PM
If it means anything, a few years ago I got all geeked up over even having a really good conversation with women I found attractive -- much less having great dates with them. I was told by one who eventually felt I was a little too, um, enthusiastic at such an early stage, that I was coming off as more desperate than interested. Even if it didn't clearly reflect my own intentions, it was the perception -- and one that I'm sure was shared by other women I encountered at the time.

I'm not saying this is true of you, TPark, by any means, but in my case, it took a 6-month relationship with one of those women (a Miss Right Now) and a realization that there's a significant difference between giddiness over a good time and happiness with a good partner. For the record, I'm not saying that's the case for you. But it was certainly the case for me, at a time when my self-esteem was largely in the crapper.

With that said, I think from a guy's standpoint (and to be a bit callous about the whole thing), I think you have to evaluate the way you would an athlete. If a great young player that you know little about bursts on the scene with a monster game, your evaluation isn't to immediately ticket him for the Hall of Fame. It's to say that there are some good signs there and to look forward to seeing him play again to see if he continues to show those signs. But I don't think you, TPark, would make a player evaluation based on seeing him play one time. With that said, it sounds like you've seen this girl once and things went really well. There's promise there -- signs that things could go well -- but there probably isn't more than that. Think of her as the unheralded rookie who has been a pleasant surprise and enjoy yourself as you take the time to assess whether her first impression was a breakout game or sign of great things to come. The big thing, though, is to just have fun at this stage and to be yourself.

I can assure you that you'll know the right woman when you find her.

KenMcCoy
12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
If it means anything, a few years ago I got all geeked up over even having a really good conversation with women I found attractive -- much less having great dates with them. I was told by one who eventually felt I was a little too, um, enthusiastic at such an early stage, that I was coming off as more desperate than interested. Even if it didn't clearly reflect my own intentions, it was the perception -- and one that I'm sure was shared by other women I encountered at the time.

I'm not saying this is true of you, TPark, by any means, but in my case, it took a 6-month relationship with one of those women (a Miss Right Now) and a realization that there's a significant difference between giddiness over a good time and happiness with a good partner. For the record, I'm not saying that's the case for you. But it was certainly the case for me, at a time when my self-esteem was largely in the crapper.

With that said, I think from a guy's standpoint (and to be a bit callous about the whole thing), I think you have to evaluate the way you would an athlete. If a great young player that you know little about bursts on the scene with a monster game, your evaluation isn't to immediately ticket him for the Hall of Fame. It's to say that there are some good signs there and to look forward to seeing him play again to see if he continues to show those signs. But I don't think you, TPark, would make a player evaluation based on seeing him play one time. With that said, it sounds like you've seen this girl once and things went really well. There's promise there -- signs that things could go well -- but there probably isn't more than that. Think of her as the unheralded rookie who has been a pleasant surprise and enjoy yourself as you take the time to assess whether her first impression was a breakout game or sign of great things to come. The big thing, though, is to just have fun at this stage and to be yourself.

I can assure you that you'll know the right woman when you find her.

Basically...think of George Hill every time you see her.

CosmicCowboy
12-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Thank you to you and Kori for the great advice.

I appreciate it alot and I will try that.

Were going out again tonight. I dunno, theres just this, click that we have that is unexplainable.

I understand what your saying and will follow through. :)

You are already blowing it. Did you ask her last night? 2 nights in a row for 1st and 2nd date is way too quick. Get too anxious and you will either scare her off or she will be using you for a floor mat in a month.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
You are already blowing it. Did you ask her last night? 2 nights in a row for 1st and 2nd date is way too quick. Get too anxious and you will either scare her off or she will be using you for a floor mat in a month.

+1

In my experience, when it's starts out this fast, it usually ends just as fast.

My advice would be to get as much work done as possible with her and fuck the rest, preferably at the same time.

ashbeeigh
12-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Don't text message her every ten minutes like the last guy I dated. He was a total bust. Well, that and he stuck his tongue down my throat after knowing me for less then 24 hours. But, that basically echoes easjer's and Kori's advice. It's fine to be excited, but not over the top.

CuckingFunt
12-08-2008, 06:07 PM
My first thought was "I'm sure they make some sort of lotion for that, don't they?" :lol

I'd assume they make something for it, but... a lotion would seem counter-productive.

tlongII
12-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Don't text message her every ten minutes like the last guy I dated. He was a total bust. Well, that and he stuck his tongue down my throat after knowing me for less then 24 hours. But, that basically echoes easjer's and Kori's advice. It's fine to be excited, but not over the top.

That's pretty funny!

tlongII
12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
T Park, tell us what happened to the A&M chick!

And I think you're acting too desperate. You should stop trying so hard to find a girlfriend.

ashbeeigh
12-08-2008, 06:17 PM

That's pretty funny!

No joke! I was like "Good night kiss on the cheek?" Cool. "Tonsil hockey?" Not too much. So, T Park, I beg of you, read the signals, whether they're verbal or not.

2Blonde
12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I'd assume they make something for it, but... a lotion would seem counter-productive.
True, but I figured "lotion" was better than "cream". :lol

SA210
12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Good luck TPark. Hope it works out well. :tu

12-08-2008, 06:20 PM

And I think you're acting too desperate. You should stop trying so hard to find a wife.

tlongII
12-08-2008, 06:21 PM
If you want you can tell us about the A&M chick in the Breakups thread. :tu

ploto
12-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Basically...think of George Hill every time you see her.

No- think of Beno.

florige
12-08-2008, 11:59 PM
So what the hell T-Park? Everyone else has chimed in besides you since the first post?

lefty
12-09-2008, 12:02 AM
So what the hell T-Park? Everyone else has chimed in besides you since the first post?

He drowned in an overflow of premature excitement

florige
12-09-2008, 12:04 AM
He drowned in an overflow of premature excitement

:lol I'm still wondering what happened to the other woman.

CuckingFunt
12-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Whatever you do, don't think of this:

FkHAe_7LifM

lefty
12-09-2008, 12:09 AM
:lol I'm still wondering what happened to the other woman.

Read his initial post carefully.

He doesn't specify if it's a woman

florige
12-09-2008, 12:10 AM
Read his initial post carefully.

He doesn't specify if it's a woman

Ughhhh, that is bad......:lmao

marini martini
12-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Whatever you do, don't think of this:

FkHAe_7LifM

Oh Shit............Here we go:rolleyes

kobe_bryant
12-09-2008, 12:11 AM
I watch highlights of Shaq with the Suns.

lefty
12-09-2008, 12:13 AM
I watch highlights of Shaq with the Suns.

I too am turned off by WNBA

atxrocker
12-09-2008, 12:20 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/atxrocker/ME0321F.jpg

T Park
12-09-2008, 02:19 AM

actually what happened was I said "Can't wait to see you again"

she responded with "How about monday"

So I guess it was a mutual ask out.

T Park
12-09-2008, 02:21 AM
2nd date was quite possibly even better.

We had a fantastic dinner at Maggiano's and I've never laughed nor had this much fun and great conversation like this.

We went and saw a funny cool film after that and that was that.

Life is good :)

MannyIsGod
12-09-2008, 03:56 AM
Why do you ask how not to get too excited and proceed to get too excited and justify it?

whottt
12-09-2008, 04:08 AM
Why not ask one of the Club's cougars for advise?

http://weblogs.cltv.com/entertainment/tv/metromix/cougar.jpg

Holy Shit...that's some old wallpaper there. Came with Windows 98 Plus or something like that.

12-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Why do you ask how not to get too excited and proceed to get too excited and justify it?

Do you really need an answer to that?

And for old times sake:

She looks like the real thing
She tastes like the real thing
My fake plastic love

T Park
12-09-2008, 09:20 AM
:lol all I said was the second date went well. It did. That's all. Sorry you guys have to be like that.

T Park
12-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Do you really need an answer to that?

And for old times sake:

She looks like the real thing
She tastes like the real thing
My fake plastic love

Funny.

tonylongoriafan
12-09-2008, 09:28 AM
2nd date was quite possibly even better.

We had a fantastic dinner at Maggiano's and I've never laughed nor had this much fun and great conversation like this.

We went and saw a funny cool film after that and that was that.

Life is good :)

3rd date coming up...you should be getting to round 2nd base...or get a bj

remingtonbo2001
12-09-2008, 09:32 AM

T Park
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
3rd date coming up...you should be getting to round 2nd base...or get a bj

:lol

Nah, we will either go out friday night to some local concerts, or were gonna see each other again sunday at church where she sings and then to the Spurs game afterwards.

T Park
12-09-2008, 09:37 AM
The A&M chick decided a couple weeks after I told you guys about her, that she was too busy and that also she didnt like that I was gone for 5 months out of the year.

Dr. Gonzo
12-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Way to go T Park. Good luck with this one.

MannyIsGod
12-09-2008, 09:38 AM
:lol all I said was the second date went well. It did. That's all. Sorry you guys have to be like that.

I wasn't being like anything. You start a thread about not wanting to be too excited. Then you come in and defend being excited and say that things are going well.

Thats great, and I hope things work out for you but that doesn't mean your posting wasn't weird.

Good luck.

T Park
12-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I wasn't being like anything. You start a thread about not wanting to be too excited. Then you come in and defend being excited and say that things are going well.

Thats great, and I hope things work out for you but that doesn't mean your posting wasn't weird.

Good luck.

If I did, I apologize and didn't mean to at all. Kori's advice was great and I'm taking it.

If I came off as justifying excitement didn't mean to. Things went great last night and things look really good, but things happen and things could happen so I'm just enjoying the time we have.

T Park
12-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Way to go T Park. Good luck with this one.

Haha, thanks man, much appreciated.

I'll see if I can get a picture on friday or sunday.

tlongII
12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Sorry to hear the A&M chick bailed on you and I hope this one works out. Post nude pics if possible! :tu

MannyIsGod
12-09-2008, 09:57 AM
If I did, I apologize and didn't mean to at all. Kori's advice was great and I'm taking it.

If I came off as justifying excitement didn't mean to. Things went great last night and things look really good, but things happen and things could happen so I'm just enjoying the time we have. I'm

Dude I think you SHOULD be excited. I think its exciting to go on first and second dates and feel all those butterflies and have her go down on you for the first time.

You just need to understand that she's not necessarily the one and no amount of gifts will change that. Just enjoy it and see where it goes.

Its not being excited thats the problem, its having too many expectations early on thats a problem.

tlongII
12-09-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm

Dude I think you SHOULD be excited. I think its exciting to go on first and second dates and feel all those butterflies and have her go down on you for the first time.

You just need to understand that she's not necessarily the one and no amount of gifts will change that. Just enjoy it and see where it goes.

Its not being excited thats the problem, its having too many expectations early on thats a problem.

:lol Did T Park send you a PM or something?

12-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Funny.

Nah, but I think it's the third time I've posted those lyrics in one of these threads.

I'll change it up for you:

And in your heart,
You know it to be true,
You know what you gotta do.
They all depend on you.
And you already know.
Yeah, you already know how this will end...

And
You
Already know
Yeah, you already know
How this will end

The best advice is simply to do what you think is right.

And learn from your mistakes. You should always be able take something away from a failed relationship and become a better person because of it.

Then, if things don't work out, rinse and repeat with another donne.

Good luck.

T Park
12-09-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm

:lol she didn't do that and I'm semi excited but keeping everything cool grounded.

mexicanjunior
12-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Good luck dude...

Dom Woganowski
12-09-2008, 12:29 PM
:lol she didn't do that and I'm semi excited but keeping everything cool grounded.

You choke the chicken before any big date, don't you? Tell me you spank the monkey before any big date. Oh my God, he doesn't flog the dolphin before a big date. Are you crazy? That's like going out there with a loaded gun! Of course that's why you're nervous.

Oh my dear friend, Look, after you've had sex with a girl, and you're lying in bed with her, are you nervous? No, you're not, why? It's 'cause you ain't got the baby batter on the brain anymore! Jesus, that stuff will fuck you're head up! Look, the most honest moment in a man's life are the few minutes after he's blown his load - now that is a medical fact. And the reason for it is that you're no longer trying to get laid, you're actually... you're thinking like a girl, and girls love that.

remingtonbo2001
12-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Good luck, Tpark.

Enjoy your time together.

T Park
12-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Good luck, Tpark.

Enjoy your time together.

Thank you, and will most definately will.

MavTalker
12-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Tpark just cut down on your horn tooting and you will do fine! :tu

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/tpark-horn.jpg

2centsworth
12-09-2008, 01:26 PM
you're doing well TPark. Church girl too, i like.

Last Comic Standing
12-09-2008, 01:32 PM

Church is short for.................

http://www.fultonschools.org/school/parklane/images/partnerpics/img-homeLogo.gif

(harmless ribbing) good luck Tpark! :tu

mouse
12-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Tpark do you take random drug tests at work? I would recommend a hit off a joint to settle your nerves. But to be honest, if this was meant to be, no amount of weed or advise is going to stop your future from taking place.

Good luck! :smokin

T Park
12-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Tpark do you take random drug tests at work? I would recommend a hit off a joint to settle your nerves. But to be honest, if this was meant to be, no amount of weed or advise is going to stop your future from taking place.

Good luck! :smokin

Actually last night I was pretty relaxed for some reason.

But yes we do random drug tests around here year round.

T Park
12-09-2008, 02:00 PM

Yeah goes to church, but sings in the choir.

Lead singer too. I'm going for the first time to the service this sunday.

mouse
12-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Actually last night I was pretty relaxed for some reason.

But yes we do random drug tests around here year round.

Well then all I can say is..............listen to this before the next date to relax! :tu

xMtuVP8Mj4o

Mr Roper
12-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Tpark if you ever have doubts if your not good enough for your date? just think, it could be worse you could be this guy! :lmao

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/kingsfan/00-a.jpg

2centsworth
12-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah goes to church, but sings in the choir.

Lead singer too. I'm going for the first time to the service this sunday.

awesome.

angel_luv
12-09-2008, 04:01 PM
No- think of Beno.

Ouch! Poor Beno.

Best of luck to you T-Park.

I think it is good when guys are attentive. Bo messaged me every morning when we started talking. I looked forward to it and his being consistent helped build my confidence in him and a foundation of trust in our relationship.

Another thing Bo does well is he remembers things I tell him, long after I have forgotten I told him, as a matter of fact. :lol

Every girl is different so where I liked the daily messages, some other girl might not.
If you are not sure what a girl prefers, ask her. I appreciate it when people make the effort to find out what I like.

Since you like this girl , I am assuming that she is sweet and authentic. Therefore if you pay attention, you will likely have a fairly good idea quickly whether or not things are going well.

I have found that the best way to overcome nerves in a social situation is to focus on making sure the other person feels at ease and is having a nice time.

Again, I wish you all the best and a lot of happiness. :)

Angel's va jay jay!
12-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Word! :tu

TacoCabanaFajitas
12-09-2008, 04:44 PM
TPark you sound like I did the first time I had my first serious crush, that was back in high school which was only like 3 years ago, but that's besides the point.

Anyways, the girl and I had amazing chemistry and for the first few nights we started talking outside of school we'd be up til 4 in the morning talking on the phone or she'd come over and watch TV and play video games with me...ah mthe memories :depressed. I thought to myself, "Wow I've never been able to talk to anyone like this, the chemistry...blah blah blah." Well my willingness to hang out with her whenever she wanted and asked was my downfall. By making myself too available to her, even when she would be the one asking to hang out, made me look not only desperate but pretty much like I had nothing else going on in my life, even though I did, I was just willing to make time for her.

A few weeks she stopped asking me to hang out, and when I would ask her she was less than enthusiastic about it. Still today I am convinced that she was pretty much the one, but I blew it and then spent a lot of time trying to figure out exactly what went wrong.

She was really my first serious crush, and after her I began to take a different approach to women. "Nice guys finish last" is not just a saying, it really is the truth. If you really like this girl you have to pretty much act the opposite way towards her. If she knows she can have you whenever she wants, then where's the excitement going to come from? It's like if someone told you that you could have your favorite meal every day, at first you'd be pretty excited then eventually be like fuck...I love Taco Cabana but not every fucking day.

That girl did me a huge favor by pretty much losing interest in me, before her I hadn't really had any serious relationship or anything like that, but after she made me teach myself how to get and keep girls interested, I went from having maybe one or two girls a year to really date and shit to having that every week if I want it. Do yourself a favor, be aloof.

JoeChalupa
12-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I fell for my wife real fast but what really helped was that she fell even harder for me. We were talking every night right from the start. She just couldn't get enough chalupa.

T Park
12-09-2008, 05:42 PM
I fell for my wife real fast but what really helped was that she fell even harder for me. We were talking every night right from the start. She just couldn't get enough chalupa.

Yeah we've talked every night, but it hasn't been like hours and hours.

Texting and instant messaging to be honest, but other than that, we haven't spent alot of time on the phone.

ploto
12-09-2008, 07:07 PM

When both get excited, then it works really well, but the problem is when only one does and does not realize it and scares the person away. Some people just take more time or have reasons to be cautious.

SequSpur
12-10-2008, 12:33 AM

Salad Tosser
12-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Try tossing her salad!