PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Challanges...

ClingingMars
12-07-2008, 11:09 PM
why is the rule if you win 2, you only get 1 more? Shouldn't it be you keep getting opportunities until you lose, and if you lose 2, that's it? I mean, if the refs have a really fucking bad game, shouldn't a coach be able to call 'em out on it?

-Mars

J.T.
12-08-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm sure you'll change your mind when you watch the first game with tons of blatant no-calls that all end up being won challenges and you witness the first eight hour NFL game.

ClingingMars
12-08-2008, 02:07 AM
I'm sure you'll change your mind when you watch the first game with tons of blatant no-calls that all end up being won challenges and you witness the first eight hour NFL game.

uh, no calls as in penalties? cause you can't challenge penalties. and you still have to worry about losing a timeout.

-Mars

IronMexican
12-08-2008, 02:42 AM
There are ball mis-spots, and other things in just about every play. Sometimes the coach doesn't challenge it cause he knows he has bigger things to worry about. If they had a chance to challenge just about every call till they got it wrong, the games would be bumped up at least 20 minutes.

K-State Spur
12-08-2008, 10:42 AM
why is the rule if you win 2, you only get 1 more? Shouldn't it be you keep getting opportunities until you lose, and if you lose 2, that's it? I mean, if the refs have a really fucking bad game, shouldn't a coach be able to call 'em out on it?

-Mars

In part, because they don't want coaches challenging every little mistake.

The point of the challenge system is just to fix game-changing egregious errors.

Fabbs
12-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Vegas-NFL has zero interest in eliminating bogus calls.